Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sideways

Chatty Member
Hunting? Your animal actavist? DO you eat meat? DO you eat meat?
If you do and you eat the meat you buy out of a grocery store? BS!! Do you have any idea what your last hamburgers life was like? If you're buying it a store and conveniently blaming everyone else for your food I call BS. Spare me. I agree with Micheal Simon "If you eat meat you need to at least one time in your life kill the meat you at"
I do not agree with hunting just to hang a trophy. But I really do care about what my family eats and I would trust a hunter over any market you buy from.
What you eat truly lives a miserable life and is injected with antibiotics and nasty stuff no one needs.
What I eat roamed free until the day it died in a quick and human way. They are not run over and run down by a fork life. Its easy to be blind and talk a lot of shit.
After a torturous life they just magically end up on your plate. NO eyes. no souls, You never saw them die and dont care. People need to be ashamed of themselves when it comes to this. You ask hunters? How do they live with themselves? How do you live with yourself?

I

It does its all a man thing. Women never complane that much. U would think my huband was dying a horrable death. Sorry. Men are Babies
I did thry to respond to an actualy post. This place is jumpng aound like crazy tonigt. Its not just a rando post. Its does that sometimes. I tried but I would have had to respond to two other responses to the one post..... whitch would have not even shown by then. I hate when that happens

Reactions: 1

huydecirku

Chatty Member
Does anybody have a link to the Venice Patreon video? I looked in the wiki but could not find it there.

The Simple Life

Hard boiled eggs are not egg yolks?
Ok.
Just don't say that to the restaurant kitchen health inspector when he comes to certify your kitchen.
I meant that if you make mayonnaise you need to use fresh, raw eggyolks emulsified with olive oil, while if you use hardboiled eggs, that's not the method to make mayonnaise. Also, in the said salsa tonnata, you don't emulsify the eggs, but mix together the cooked eggs, tuna, capers and anchovies. That's not mayonnaise.

The Simple Life

Eyes on the prize.

Vitello tonnato is mayonnaise-based. We know he loves his Dutch mayo enough to place its plastic bottles on the carefully-curated tablescapes he creates. No silver salver for that. But his lies about allergies, as one of you geniuses noted long ago, are probably to get out of cooking duty. And to draw attention to his speshulness.
Not really. The sauce does not include mayonnaise, just hardboiled eggs, tuna fish, anchovies and capers.

The Simple Life

thats why the septic tanks are for.

About the mayonnaise, someone said that they make their own mayo at home, then someone else said how they work the hard eggyolk in it, theother one replied they are using the raw runny eggyolk, and the other one from before said that the other one is lying.

I think I covered that correctly.
Clever girl! Well, actually I didn't say how I make mayonnayse, I just said how I salsa tonnata is made, which is not mayonnaise. If I would ever make mayonnaise, I would buy the pastorized eggyolks (they sell them in cartons) and, mixing by hand, just add olive oil, salt and some drops of lemonjuce.
But yes, you summed more or less up the mayonnaise mystery case.

The Simple Life

What will they think? That you served them, your fanciest guests, a cheap and chintzy lunch.
Here's what they serve at the exemplary nearby restaurant, Le Relais du Facteur, this time of year, their €13 and €17 menus. Please note, Fanny, even really inexpensive menus this time of year feature meat.

You could have made a Truite Meuniere au buckwheat -- freshwater fish a local specialty, as the Nadaillacs will know. A little fricasee of asparagus and courgettes with savory. Or squab, bitches, with petits pois, but that would require you to go grocery shopping. That is what one hospitable local restauranteur serves this time of year on their cheap menu. But you had what, 8 oz. of prosciutto to share with -- 10 people for lunch?

Also in season local fresh chevre, tomme of Savoie, raspberries, beets, peach, melons, cherries, and apricots.

Perhaps I have misunderstood.
I was taught that egg yolks emulsified with oil is mayonnaise. That's the chemical compound which results from that process. No matter what else you put into it. You don't put mayonnaise in it, you make the mayonnaise by emulsifying the egg yolks with the oil. As your recipe stipulates.
I think we're going to agree to disagree.
Well, if you use egg yolks emulsified with olive oil, yes, then you get mayonnaise, but in this recipe you don't use egg yolks for the sauce, but 2 (or 3, it depends) hardboiled eggs, plus the rest and then in the mixer. That's not mayonnaise.

billybudd

VIP Member
We are being super careful because her sneaky ass has tried to send people in before. There will be a point where I will post the email address which you can use so you can all join in. Promise. Just save both things.
Send people in? To whom? For what?

billybudd

VIP Member
Well, if you use egg yolks emulsified with olive oil, yes, then you get mayonnaise, but in this recipe you don't use egg yolks for the sauce, but 2 (or 3, it depends) hardboiled eggs, plus the rest and then in the mixer. That's not mayonnaise.
Hard boiled eggs are not egg yolks?
Ok.
Just don't say that to the restaurant kitchen health inspector when he comes to certify your kitchen.

Last edited:

On Repeat

VIP Member
Nah you are alright cobber!
Oh girl I'm an absolute C U Next Tuesday, but I do try to be as civically minded as I can after some wayward moments in my adolescence. I just don't understand feigning the "charitably minded" BS that Stephanie comes out with. It's sooo odd. We all know she's doing it to add legitimacy to her sinister goings-on with the Patreon funds. For instance, last month, what did she spend $34000 on? Where is it all going? I just can't comprehend why Stephanie is neglecting fiscal transparency, unless she is trying to hide something. It's easier to be open and let it all be displayed than let us all speculate. Those accounts from 2020, 2021 are long overdue and haven't been published online for the shareholders to pour over. As a Patreon in 2020, I had a right to see where my money was being spent, it was included in the patreon level I bought into, I've been denied this and I'm rightfully pissed off. I want a refund for those six months.