The Chateau Diaries #150 Stephanie Jarvis Wipes Back to Front - The Lalande Way

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I enjoyed watching the Sissinghurst video, seeing a more recent footage of the development and changes, not so much the listening of course. One reason could be that unlike Fanny I know its history (possessing half a dozen books on the garden and estate) so I also found the errors somewhat annoying. Fanny not naming the gardens correctly despite having been there before and having the guide book in front of her, her stupidly misnaming Nicholson despite the fact that there are named memorials to him in the garden and Davey majorly misdating the pleached lime walk (it's not some 30 years old, Nicholson planted it in 1932 and he died in 1968!

Reactions: 22
Funny, it's in my archive, and nothing seems to be missing - timewise speaking.
Is it the 25:11 mark - Stephanie Jarvis talks about even if they all pitch in, they wouldn't be able to afford a Venetian Palazzo.
I wonder if that statement is from the time she visited Venice with Michael - Vlog #50, #51 & #52 - I'll have a look.

Reactions: 16
That Tartlett was me. I know a thing or two about this kind of bullshit. In my former life I dealt with many different types of construction projects and large service contracts. Millions of dollars. I did project management and contract administration. I also did procurement. We had to verify companies were robust enough to execute their contracts. That involves performance, paying subcontractors and suppliers, quality of deliverables. I found myself in many situations having to do forensic accounting to catch people trying to screw the people I represented. It usually starts as unmet obligations, then the lies start piling up, then you check on some things and you find money or cash flow problems, then you try to figure out how to get what was promised or extract a fair recompense.

I smell dirty money tricks all over her. She overspent for sure and is spending now to keep the wolves at bay, hoping she can BS her way through until she gets everything back in hand.

I’m not usually wrong. Also, as with most things in life, if something doesn’t add up, it’s because it doesn’t.
One word comes to mind with all this smoke and mirrors.... Fraud.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
QUOTE="lalablahblah, post: 10071670, member: 188533"]
So this week's distraction from the books still being cooked are the aunt and uncle... And the distraction continues bleeping narcs always a pain in the ass with their bull tit...
[/QUOTE]
Did @Lady Avonlea make a recap of the patreon vlog?

I hadn’t made a recap of the patreon vlog because I really detest the interview vlogs. They are so boring. Just lazy, C-roll filler crap. However, I do have my own list of questions for Tante Chantal & Oncle Stephen.....
  • Is Oncle Stephan bi-sexual? Nothing wrong with that, but I just get those vibes.
  • Why in your right mind would you let your family buy a decrepit farmhouse in the middle of nowhere? Do you secretly hate them?
  • Has your niece always been a foolish, lying, selfish, narcissistic airhead?
  • Stop lying and tell us what you really think of your son’s girlfriend, Nasty Natti?
And since you asked, here's some observations of the patron video…
  • Monks live in isolated places so they can pray and get drunk. At Lie Lande they skip the praying and just get drunk.
  • Jesus, Fanny throwing more shade at her mummy. If I were Mummy I’d be calling my lawyer and cutting my ungrateful daughter from my will.
  • Fanny is definitely half full of something and it isn’t life, love and laughter.
  • Appears Tante Chantal & Oncle Stephen may be claiming dibs on Fanny's grandmother's flat in the south of France.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
@Pekey, I'd offer you my guest room with a fully stocked Miller Lite friggo on the lanai next to the pool, but we've got a Tropical Storm heading our way tomorrow night and into this weekend. Cheesus, it's looking like a Carnival cruise ship full of passengers who've found a Carlos & Charlies with free drinks at a port of call right now! @mrsp67 please have your housekeepers bring the bins in!
Tis the season for those of us along the Gulf Coast. I’m not readyyyy!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I reviewed the video taken in Venice again.
I remember well the comments about buying a palace in Venice, how expensive they are and how she needs a lot more money than she paid LL. I remember being shocked and the first thing I thought was: Nothing will happen with the renovations in LL, she is saving money for moving to Venice.
That part in the video no longer exists.
I still think so.
I mean, she spends some of Patreon's money (still huge amount but remeber it is over 30000 a month) on expensive things, but I generally think she's saving it all.
When she first had Patreon go over 10K she didn’t do tit for months. I think she was well in the 20k range before she bought the paneling. She didn’t set up the non profit for a year after she was making bank. She also said she was holding on to money to pay taxes and that she wasn’t sure it would last. I think she starting binging when the non profit was started up and she knew she didn’t have a big tax bill. She totally quit with the goals when nothing was matching up or getting done. Two years later, she’d received probably $600K and she’s only set aside $150k for the lake. Where did the other half a million go? Not to mention what she earned on YouTube and the B&B?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Oh FFS, which chateau was that? 1,2 or 3 - I have lost count where Selmar is concerned as can only watch a couple of minutes of any of his vlogs because the sound quality makes my ears bleed. BUT, all his recent visits were within France - must have been some time ago.
From what you say, I would hazard a guess that she already has a patreon account - yes? If not, then she may be earning via the Dutch TV reality series. Who really knows where these grifters are involved?
she has a go fund me for her leaking roof...She is that dreamy one who bought a chateau without approval from her husband...Selmar was still at Lalande back then..Her husband is a retired dentist...looking at my dentistbills... i guess he isnt pennyless..why a go fund me ? pay for the damn roof yourself :devilish:

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Thank you so much ! This bit about her..'brother or brother-in-law"??? I can't imagine who would be her brother-in-law.. brother Geri??
Do Isabelle and Chantal have a brother hidden somewhere? If so, doesn't seem Fanny is close with her Uncle.

Reactions: 13
No heating contractor is going to quote for a job they will not be doing for 18 months. How could they know the price of materials and labour that far ahead. Also with new technologies appearing on the market it's possible by 2023/24 some newer PV/battery combo will out perform current offerings.

Quotes generally have a life of 30 days. After that it's tit or get off the pan.
After 30 days, those quotes are all going up in price because many folks are considering updating/improving their heating systems.

Reactions: 12
Is it the 25:11 mark - Stephanie Jarvis talks about even if they all pitch in, they wouldn't be able to afford a Venetian Palazzo.
I wonder if that statement is from the time she visited Venice with Michael - Vlog #50, #51 & #52 - I'll have a look.
Sorry!
I was thinking about that part, I seem to have overheard it, because actually, I can’t listen to them.
Realistically, who knows the prices of real estate in Venice. I’ve been there three times and it never occurred to me to look at the prices of palaces in Venice. Not even out of curiosity.
For example, I look at the prices of houses or land on the Adriatic coast, islands, because one day I want to have a house on the sea. I am very well informed.
That's how SJ looks at real estate in Venice, because she wants one.

Reactions: 12
So there’s the potential of a large extended family of grifters here! If I read that right, at the time of the funeral there was a pair of unmarried uncles as well as two aunt/uncle couples in addition to Chantal and Stephen. So grandmere’s apartment in the south of France could be in shared succession. The way Stephamememe has tried to rub her stink all over it might very well have upset the family dynamic considerably.

Reactions: 18
There are many large luxury properties in Venice, restaured and in pristine condition starting from €800.000 to €1 milion and of course upwards. With 1.500.000 you can buy a 400 sq mt apartment. But of course, if you want a palazzo, like the ones on the Grand Canal, you need to start from 10 milions. So I suppose Babygrifter will settle for the more modest ones, which anyway are worth more than her crumbling, mouldy hovel. Yes, she probably needs another year of Patreons and this is why she is postponing to 2023/24 the heating and stop restoring in order to decorate. It looks so much prettier!

Reactions: 15
There are many large luxury properties in Venice, restaured and in pristine condition starting from €800.000 to €1 milion and of course upwards. With 1.500.000 you can buy a 400 sq mt apartment. But of course, if you want a palazzo, like the ones on the Grand Canal, you need to start from 10 milions. So I suppose Babygrifter will settle for the more modest ones, which anyway are worth more than her crumbling, mouldy hovel. Yes, she probably needs another year of Patreons and this is why she is postponing to 2023/24 the heating and stop restoring in order to decorate. It looks so much prettier!
That's what I'm talking about.
Besides, in Venice, it will be easier, again, to find some super-rich (old) fool and continue to "climb".

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Perhaps Fanny could persuade Davey to incorporate some topiary into his garden scheme!
We are enjoying a long Bank Holiday with family, to celebrate HM the Queen's historic Platinum Jubilee celebrations. As usual, William and Catherine rise to the occasion. Harry and his wife were treated to the same boos and jeers on arrival that Boris the Bumbler and his wife received. How strange that given Harry's action against the Home Office about his perceived lack of security, that his wife chooses to roll down the car windows for a better photo app. She just can't resist it. Good riddance to them both.

Screenshot 2022-06-03 at 12.03.01.png

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
So there’s the potential of a large extended family of grifters here! If I read that right, at the time of the funeral there was a pair of unmarried uncles as well as two aunt/uncle couples in addition to Chantal and Stephen. So grandmere’s apartment in the south of France could be in shared succession. The way Stephamememe has tried to rub her stink all over it might very well have upset the family dynamic considerably.
I don't know what happened to Isabelle and Chantal Jarvis' mother Paulette's property in the south, after she was committed in a carehome at the end of her life. I do know Isabelle has an apartment of her own in Cap d'Agden, which was close to her mothers...she is the owner of that apartment and it's not shared with her siblings.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
@mrsp67, we've got a Tro

I was more or less hung up on her use of "hardy" vice "hearty" (so I suspect BJJ or Herr Nuti actually wrote it.) Unless Fanny fancies herself a Hardy Boy, an amateur sleuth who solves mysteries adults cannot. "Where is the Accountant?" "The Mysterious Disappearance of the Chapel Restorer."
Well spotted! Def not SJ’s reply

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.