The Chateau Diaries #146 Snorts can wear lace and he’ll still be… a squirrel!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
53B5CDE7-2D20-4A71-8EF6-C9A2DF81F880.jpeg

The gay prison play was great, thanks for asking. SJ, some of the guys want to come back to OUR chateau. They want to meet Dan. They saw his farmer’s tan and heard he is single.
5522ECC3-66DD-41A8-989B-A6CEA26A6260.jpeg

Yes the crack in the wall is concerning and the stairs are a death trap but look I have a hook for my robe. WE are going to put chicken tit tiles in the pantry, move the stuffed badger to the winter salon and paint Annmarie’s paneling gold. It’s gonna be great! Oh yeah, maybe Dan is in the garden.
8E99C26C-5243-4FDC-B4E9-708406E63660.jpeg
Dan is usually here with his digger, maybe he had a follow up appointment at the dentist. I don’t know if I can get you a picture of Davey shirtless.
2FAF7F32-2BC6-4DFB-B5FA-09917BE62CF7.jpeg

Why do you want to leave? What do you mean you don’t like hanging out with old ladies and chickens? Ok, FRK has a free van she can drive you home. You will still give your agents my information right?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Yes, yes and yes - my points exactly.
And, I would hazard a guess that it took years of dedicated hard work for your local florist to build up her reputation and business too. It certainly wasn't an overnight success or, happened, instantly, was it?
Self employment is not a walk in the park, or, the countryside picking wild flowers to pop into jam jars.
My XH was self employed and it was a constant worry even though all his work was via recommendation so he was 90% employed. Plus, I too worked full time in a highly paid job - we ultimately did more than fine.
Self employment, IS ABSOLUTELY 100% much harder work than being an employee with the huge responsibilities, financial outlay before being paid and a resilience to know how to get through the down/lull times too.
I am not even a florist but I know that Christmas/Valentines/Easter/Mother's Day/Wedding season are your prime "high earnings periods" - it's a given. So, that's when you know you have to work the hardest and build your business for repeat clientele.
Unfortunately, FRK continues to live in a world of fantasy and when it gets too tough through her lack of strategic planning/a financial plan or, she runs out of money through not working long or, hard enough, she just puts out "another" IG e-begging post.
Words fail me!
I was thinking the wedding season (June) would be a bigger business than even at Cmas- but I haven’t ever been in the floral business.

Reactions: 9
Maybe she is going to sit at market weekends and sell her jam jars? Maybe feeling guilty, Fanny will buy jam jars for the Shitoo for a monthly stipend. If you think about it, everyone ended up with a job and Marie was only offered cook for room and board. Marie has probably seen and done enough to have mountains of dirt on the shittolaine, so buying her jam jars is cheap compared to being outed as bi or evil? In addition, Marie will be invited to guest dinners as a form of entertainment and won’t have to cook anymore. Looks like Marie will finally get the status and money she wants and thinks she deserves.
She doesn't need to 'buy' jam jars, she gets shed loads in the grabeau...

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I have an undergraduate degree in Finance and a Masters Degree in Business Administration. My MBA capstone project was to write a comprehensive business plan for an entrepreneurial venture, including concept, marketing plan, and projected financials. Took a year to complete. I suddenly feel like it was all for nothing! All I needed was weeds and a jar! 😆
And a begging bowl...

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Dear people,
since the new year I have, for the last 5 months, been unemployed. (Now you might think I’m going to beg).
For that reason I have time, I’m resting and as far as I could tell, I’m poisoning myself and my mental health with the LL team.
But on June 1, I'm starting a new job. I will have to work hard and learn in addition and I will not have time for all these sick phenomena in the world of YouTube beggars.
I want to say that I am overjoyed to be able to work, to have the will and knowledge and to go through life on my own merits.
After five months of studying these people, my only comment is: I have no words to describe what I think about them.
Maybe I’ll write a book: E-begging because I’m very literate, literary talented, and eloquent.
And yes, I’m going to the mountains in two weeks, a hiking trip and I’m going to pay with my own savings.
Cheers! 🍺
Congrats Tea with lemon

• Heart
Reactions: 12
As @Clara Burnett said, this is mutual between FRK and Steph. Steph will tell her obedient cult member guests to enjoy FRK’s floral workshop and they will willingly go. Steph keeps FRK in the money (and maybe even gets a kickback) while keeping her close (but not too close) to manage any rebellion.

Reactions: 10
I love a graph, a pie chart and stats. So many farewell flowers possibilities coming up, this time next year FRK could be a millionaire !

I may be annoying, but I am fascinated by the potential and trends in Corzon-sur-Vauvre.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
From previous thread re Marie as ACOA, per @Jeeves and @Tellingthetruth123
One of the absolute standard garden variety flip outs for ACOAs is when your alcoholic parent is dying or in trouble, and is getting loving care from the new 20 year old wife or nurses, hospice workers etc.
Proverbially you are halted at the door of the hospital room, witnessing the 5th wife, younger than you, lovingly shaving your father, and a wall of hellfire arises in your gut. (Using another ACOA's story, not mine.) You articulate this, crystal clear, in feral terms: We/I broke our butts all our lives to take care of you, and you didn't lift a finger to take care of me.
Mine happened scrubbing out a blind man's toilet. Easier said than done. The hellfire said, For this, you went to college? And the universe answered, Yes.
I survived my hellfire moment by attending Al Anon meetings for nearly 20 years previous. It saved my life.
I don't see that happening for Marie. But I can imagine her flip out at home.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
How much money is in the lake/bank account???🤫

View attachment 1278148

Early days at Lalande (2011), picnics by the lake...
View attachment 1278147
...how about a row boat ride...
View attachment 1278164

2012, Stephanie Jarvis drained her lake.
2020, Stephanie Jarvis established a Patreon account to bring back her lake.
2022, still no lake, just excuses and a new garden (as a diversion) full of half eaten plants.
View attachment 1278165
View attachment 1278174
Oliver misses the days when the lake was there...December 2020 seems to think it will be soon when he can sip tea by it again... 🤣 🤣

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 10
"It's 3 o'clock PM...time to get up and have Cuban coffee." :ROFLMAO: o_O

cd477.png

cd478.png

Still in her robe at 3 PM!
Being a chatelaine must be so tiring that she comes down from her bed-chamber at 3 PM.

@Clara Burnett , would you know if SJ has insomnia or just freaking lazy?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I love a graph, a pie chart and stats. So many farewell flowers possibilities coming up, this time next year FRK could be a millionaire !
Considering the village's demographics, she'd be wise to focus on funerary arrangements. Stock up on mums, Marie!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.