The Chateau Diaries #146 Snorts can wear lace and he’ll still be… a squirrel!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really was rooting for Marie, found her insta unrelated to the Shitoo drama, and her life seemed pretty lovely. (That's how I found this thread, too).

So I'm acquainted with a local florist that does truly beautiful work. The way she tells it, and I believe her, it's real, hard graft. During Christmas time for example, she does a lot of wreaths, table decorations, all of course with a lot of love and they really are a work of art. It's 14 hour days for her and her team from November until xmas, 6 days a week for her team and 7 days for her. It's the season where she earns the most, as she has a lot of business clients, who all want their offices and such decorated for that period, and this is how she covers the lull of the rest of the year, such as holiday time when nobody orders.

Her hands are cracked from handling wet stems all day, and often she has cuts from wires and such.

After following the drama around FRK and her mental health issues - how does she expect herself to stand this kind of pressure? It's not just "doing a few jars of pretty flowers I cut while frolicking through the French country side". It's first of all, a craft you have to learn (sure, talent can help, but it will only get you this far), and second of all, it has its periods of intense pressure and its periods of very little business. Everyone that is self employed knows that that aint the holiday people make it out to be either... There are people who can definitely do this, but you have to be tough as nails to stand two months of 14 hour days without break.

And sure, not everyone has to work 14 hour days, I'm sure it's a regional obsession in my country with wreaths and such for Xmas time. But wasn't she doing weddings and stuff? I mean, that is a lot of flowers, a lot of decorations, a lot of prep time and resources, and honestly, for a wedding it has to be pretty much perfect. Lots of weddings in summer, too, so her busy time would be May to September - could she really do it? Work every weekend setting up somebody else's celebration, every summer, with a week in between to prepare? And even the logistics of that? It's intense - just imagine having a lorry be late, or not show up at all. I'm sure there's people who would shine in such situations, but I just don't see her as such a person.
Yes, yes and yes - my points exactly.
And, I would hazard a guess that it took years of dedicated hard work for your local florist to build up her reputation and business too. It certainly wasn't an overnight success or, happened, instantly, was it?
Self employment is not a walk in the park, or, the countryside picking wild flowers to pop into jam jars.
My XH was self employed and it was a constant worry even though all his work was via recommendation so he was 90% employed. Plus, I too worked full time in a highly paid job - we ultimately did more than fine.
Self employment, IS ABSOLUTELY 100% much harder work than being an employee with the huge responsibilities, financial outlay before being paid and a resilience to know how to get through the down/lull times too.
I am not even a florist but I know that Christmas/Valentines/Easter/Mother's Day/Wedding season are your prime "high earnings periods" - it's a given. So, that's when you know you have to work the hardest and build your business for repeat clientele.
Unfortunately, FRK continues to live in a world of fantasy and when it gets too tough through her lack of strategic planning/a financial plan or, she runs out of money through not working long or, hard enough, she just puts out "another" IG e-begging post.
Words fail me!

Reactions: 24
She went to Cozon-sur-Vauvre !!!! And she saw the potential.
For God's sake, the place has 300 inhabitants !!!!
Potential!!!! For what????
Marie will purchase cheap flowers with her Patreon money, then everyday each of the 300 inhabitants of Cozon-sur-Vauvre will buy 1 flower for $1, that’s $300 a day! $300x365=$109,500 a year! Marie is a financial and business genius.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Are we still waiting for the accounts yet??? In France is the tax year 1 July to 30 June? Is it time for another year of taxes to be paid?
In France tax year is January 1 - December 31.
Fanny is outstanding 2020, 2021 and we're well into 2022.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Wouldn’t it be great if Channel 4 was setting up SJ for a big exposé? Once they‘ve milked all they can from the chateau storyline, Channel 4 is suddenly “shocked” to learn of the lies, deceit, and scandals at La La Lande! An entire special 2-hour episode dedicated to the grifting, shady accounting, and tax dodging! The gift that keeps on giving...to Channel 4!
I personally feel that we would need Louis Theroux to do that, would be complete justice for us, rather than via C4 as they would just plead ignorance.
Have always said that we need an investigative journalist to expose SJ and the HMN.
OMG, he would make mincemeat of the HMN, and, all done in the best possible, passive/aggressive, taste!
I love him.
Whatever SJ is doing, as we all know, is a total financial scam simply because she is not making public her accounts.
She and the entire Patreon system 100% needs delving into, exploring and addressing, Louis is 100% the man to do so.
Anybody have any contacts with Louis?

Marie will purchase cheap flowers with her Patreon money, then each of the 300 inhabitants of Cozon-sur-Vauvre will buy 1 flower for $1, that’s $300 a day! $300x365=$109,500 a year! Marie is a financial and business genius.
Have to query your maths @Jules100. Do you buy flowers every day? I don't. Once a week for me max and sometimes they even last longer as I deadhead and change the water. Obviously depends on the flower choice of course. Ordinarily, max £5 every 2 weeks in my household. But, I do have a garden full of flowers that I much prefer to view from my conservatory in any case. :love:

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
From what I've seen, Marie does not have the imagination or flair to set up her own business in France. "Floral Designer" my arse. She knows five floral designs at best, including wreaths, and repeats these same designs over and over. People want variety, they want something unique and what Marie has to offer, isn't distinctive or individual. Pavlina, who as far as we are aware, has no experience in floral design but can make a bouquet equal to, if not better than Marie. Moreover Marie, in all her time in France, has made little effort to learn the language, so who would be her target audience? No-one local, and not la Lande. They don't grow enough flowers to justify having Marie on retainer to do their B&B flowers when it's just as easy to get Pavlina to shove some growth in a vase and make it look pretty - and SJ isn't going to pay for Marie's flowers. So, once again we'll have the situation where Marie uses patron money to set up studio space away from la Lande, just like Haworth, and she's back to square one.

Herein lies the madness... doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Marie will purchase cheap flowers with her Patreon money, then each of the 300 inhabitants of Cozon-sur-Vauvre will buy 1 flower for $1, that’s $300 a day! $300x365=$109,500 a year! Marie is a financial and business genius.
Damn! That business model is a no-brainer! I'm going to become florist. Even without Patreon, I can buy flowers wholesale at the downtown LA flower mart and sell them to everyone in my community (which is in the thousands, not just 300!) I'm going to be rich!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
How can FRK even deal with customers when she cannot stand being told what to do??

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Amaury has a phone charm??? He also has a dog leash(es). Does he have his dog(s) now???

View attachment 1277928
FFS, what kind of 30 something man has a teddy bear for a phone charm? My son is 30 something and if he turned up at my house with that attached to his phone, I would relentlessly take the piss. Plus, if it was his 40 yo gf who had gifted it to him, I would very much question her mental stability too - such an adolescent statement and far too immature.
Would love to know about the dog leads, perhaps that why Ma and Pa visited recently, to deliver Amaury's dogs! Who the hell really knows?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Marie will purchase cheap flowers with her Patreon money, then everyday each of the 300 inhabitants of Cozon-sur-Vauvre will buy 1 flower for $1, that’s $300 a day! $300x365=$109,500 a year! Marie is a financial and business genius.
I have an undergraduate degree in Finance and a Masters Degree in Business Administration. My MBA capstone project was to write a comprehensive business plan for an entrepreneurial venture, including concept, marketing plan, and projected financials. Took a year to complete. I suddenly feel like it was all for nothing! All I needed was weeds and a jar! 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
How much money is in the lake/bank account???🤫

View attachment 1278148

Early days at Lalande (2011), picnics by the lake...
View attachment 1278147
...how about a row boat ride...
View attachment 1278164

2012, Stephanie Jarvis drained her lake.
2020, Stephanie Jarvis established a Patreon account to bring back her lake.
2022, still no lake, just excuses and a new garden (as a diversion) full of half eaten plants.
View attachment 1278165
View attachment 1278174
Doesn't she want an island built in the middle of the lake with a temple built on it? For picnics, she said.

• Haha
  • Sick
I have an undergraduate degree in Finance and a Masters Degree in Business Administration. My MBA capstone project was to write a comprehensive business plan for an entrepreneurial venture, including concept, marketing plan, and projected financials. I suddenly feel like it was all for nothing! All I needed was weeds and a jar! 😆
During my Horticulture Degree I too had to write comprehensive strategic future marketing/business plans. Added to which, sourcing/individual costings, elevation, hard landscaping building and planting plans too etc which any client requires. Plus, of course, a visual 3D video.
One of my original lecturers had been a hands on landscape gardener in his previous life and I remember asking him- "could you work from my plans" - his response - "100% absolutely yes".
I studied for a further 5 years part time after that before I knew that I could provide a truly 100% professional service to clients who were paying me simply because I knew my stuff and I had earned it, therefore I wasn't cheap.
None of which was learnt during a weekend workshop.

• Heart
From what I've seen, Marie does not have the imagination or flair to set up her own business in France. "Floral Designer" my arse. She knows five floral designs at best, including wreaths, and repeats these same designs over and over. People want variety, they want something unique and what Marie has to offer, isn't distinctive or individual. Pavlina, who as far as we are aware, has no experience in floral design but can make a bouquet equal to, if not better than Marie. Moreover Marie, in all her time in France, has made little effort to learn the language, so who would be her target audience? No-one local, and not la Lande. They don't grow enough flowers to justify having Marie on retainer to do their B&B flowers when it's just as easy to get Pavlina to shove some growth in a vase and make it look pretty - and SJ isn't going to pay for Marie's flowers. So, once again we'll have the situation where Marie uses patron money to set up studio space away from la Lande, just like Haworth, and she's back to square one.

Herein lies the madness... doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
I dont think buying a tin of paint equates to setting up a studio space, I also doubt she paid for it. Nikki, Jill and others in Haworth gave her stuff out of their junk stores. Miss Hawaii paid for the floral truck load for her one to one in Haworth and their holiday in Scotland, flowers and more jars. I dont think FRK spent much of the Patreon money apart from the odd tank of petrol to get her back to France and of course the cups if coffee she always had glued to her hand in her vlogs. Not that her Patreons will see it like that !

I have this quote on a necklace my friend made me, I love it... She went to my hometown and picked up some pieces from the beach and included them... View attachment 1278444
She must send another one for the gift grab parfeeektt

• Haha
Reactions: 11
So fake, everytime someone or something is mentioned here madam rushes to put it in her vlog, they must be reading here 24/7 & madam must be desperate for content. This forum has more information about all their 'close friends' than they know about. They now pretend they are so close when Marie has been in France for weeks (only 3 hours away) & none of them visited (or mentioned) each other. It was only when her rebranded Ytube channel & patreon page was mentioned here that they remembered each other. The best thing for Marie to do is to get a normal paid job & make her floral business part time until she can save enough to start a business.

They all use each other to get free money & gifts from viewers & some stick around (incl Dan, Armaury, Sel & Tat) because of it. I always wonder how they all coped with life before 2020 (when the pandemic affected everyone). Watch the 2018/2019 CD vlogs & notice how content, happy, & younger they all were (SJ, MPK, Marie, Nati). Now they all feel the need to share building, financial & health updates because they all now see viewers as an easy way to make money & get gifts. The good news is this won't last, people on much higher platforms (music & showbiz) lose their popularity, Netflix loses subscribers. This too shall pass (very quickly).

Sadie has gone from begging for carrots to property developer in less than 6 months, Billy has a newly created & now deleted buy coffee account (maybe due to fan backlash). buymeacoffee.com/thepethericks

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Dear people,
since the new year I have, for the last 5 months, been unemployed. (Now you might think I’m going to beg).
For that reason I have time, I’m resting and as far as I could tell, I’m poisoning myself and my mental health with the LL team.
But on June 1, I'm starting a new job. I will have to work hard and learn in addition and I will not have time for all these sick phenomena in the world of YouTube beggars.
I want to say that I am overjoyed to be able to work, to have the will and knowledge and to go through life on my own merits.
After five months of studying these people, my only comment is: I have no words to describe what I think about them.
Maybe I’ll write a book: E-begging because I’m very literate, literary talented, and eloquent.
And yes, I’m going to the mountains in two weeks, a hiking trip and I’m going to pay with my own savings.
Cheers! 🍺
Congratulations on your new job, seems you'll be working as a mountain guide as you write that you'll be on a hiking trip in two weeks but starting your new job on June 1 :unsure: 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.