The Chateau Diaries #129 the shyttoo is full with people who are mostly full of themselves....

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t consider YouTube, ad revenue, or sponsorship to be grifting. That’s legitimate…the creator makes a video and in return earns revenue based on views. Patreon is a step closer to grifting, but I still think it’s ok if the creator actually provides what’s promised. It’s a slippery slope, though. If the creator sets up a Patreon, collects donations, then uses for things other than the intended purpose…that’s definitely grifting. Asking people to donate money so that you can buy a chateau…pure grifting. I don’t know…it’s hard to define, but I know it when I see it! 😆
Yes - asking people to donate so you can buy a chateau is unreal - but the weird thing is, people DO donate for things like this - personally, I can't imagine why - I don't even 'like' and 'subscribe'! I once remember walking past a busker in London I think, and he started giving a speech about if you stood and watched, you should be donating to him as it was his only form of income. I thought at the time, that's a bit rich - you chose the risky path of busking for an income, don't then tell everyone they have to donate.

Reactions: 11
When my dad was alive, he wanted to find the grave of his uncles, one was only just 18 at the time he was killed. We have returned on many occasions since and have managed to find out quite a bit about many family members who served in WW1, on both sides of the family. I don't think. anything prepares you for the scale of the loss of life, cemetery after cemetery, row upon row of graves - many with the remains of up to 8 soldiers with the inscription "Known only unto God" on the gravestone. Heartbreaking!
One of the saddest things we've seen is at the National Arboretum, with the "Shot at Dawn" memorial to 306 soldiers executed by firing squad for "desertion of duty" on the Western front - many of whom were likely to have been suffering shell shock.

View attachment 1137771View attachment 1137773
🙁 Remembering when "war" seemed only that of history books. I just watched a YT video of an Ukrainian acquaintance walking again to their bomb shelter....timing it as they went. This year my cousin's remains were returned to the U.S. from the Korean war. So many families changed forever.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I have a south east accent too. But I don't miss out letters and I don't add letters where they don't belong. When I went to school I listened and learnt to talk proper :ROFLMAO: It's not accents that bug me it's a complete annihilation of our lovely language.

Yes I noticed that. It makes me cringe!! Can't help it. She's quite posh isn't she?
Anna is from HIghcliffe, near Bournemouth.

Reactions: 8
Spot on!
In fact, I go one step further about Patreon, and say:

If the creator sets up a Patreon, collects donations, then uses for things other than the intended purpose…that’s definitely grifting fraud
Is it though? If someone is silly enough to want to give someone money for a specific purpose on Youtube that then never happens, there is no legal comeback - no papers were signed; it's more immoral and unethical than fraudulent, surly?

Reactions: 2
Is it though? If someone is silly enough to want to give someone money for a specific purpose on Youtube that then never happens, there is no legal comeback - no papers were signed; it's more immoral and unethical than fraudulent, surly?
I highlighted a few keywords ;)

Fraud
/frôd/

wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m sorry to hear this I really hope she is getting help, my son was doing this and ended up dying by suicide please don’t feel the need to say sorry not looking for pity, it’s a fact and metal illness is no joke
@MadameChat I am so sorry you lost your son in this way. I feel Mental illness isn’t understood fully until you have to deal with someone close who is struggling. I lost my sister to suicide 15 years ago yesterday but spent many more years watching her struggle with mental health problems.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
I highlighted a few keywords ;)

Fraud
/frôd/

wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
If the action cannot be used in a legal sense, is it still fraud? Using money given to you for an intended purpose with no written agreement or formal verbal agreement, is never going to be taken to a court. It's like you giving me money to pay my bills because I asked for it, but then I spend it on going out.

Reactions: 3
🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵

As the newest VIP it falls to me to name Thread No #️⃣1️⃣3️⃣0️⃣

I wanted to encapsulate all my impressions of Fanny. After discarding quite a few drafts as possibly being libellous, I've come up with:

Stephanie Jarvis - Unscrupulous Grifting, Scheming, Knickerless Farmhouse Fraudster

🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵

I think that covers just about everything don't you agree? :ROFLMAO:📱💰

Clever VIPs who organise the new threads, please can you facilitate?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
G
Yes - asking people to donate so you can buy a chateau is unreal - but the weird thing is, people DO donate for things like this - personally, I can't imagine why - I don't even 'like' and 'subscribe'! I once remember walking past a busker in London I think, and he started giving a speech about if you stood and watched, you should be donating to him as it was his only form of income. I thought at the time, that's a bit rich - you chose the risky path of busking for an income, don't then tell everyone they have to donate.
I honestly have no idea why people give money to others when it’s clear they don’t need it. An analogy would be the people who donate money to TV evangelists who are dripping in jewelry, cars, and expensive homes. Maybe it’s a way to feel like they belong? Paying for someone to care about them…thinking it shows some kind of affection? In the case of SJ, people falling for her love bombing…sending gifts and money hoping to be acknowledged in a vlog? It’s really sad…but SJ sees absolutely no problem with it. She plays on people’s emotions to get something in return…it’s what she does best.

Reactions: 14
😆 Nicky "Positano" brewed herself some tea in her vlog today! Coincidence? ☕😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Thank you Father O'Malley for your riveting and heart-felt Sunday sermon and blessing.
This is Mrs O'Heck (I do not know why Father O'Malley calls me this). Father O'Malley thanks you for your message. He is, as you know not up with any technology. I at least know how to use the world wide interweb but both he and I are struggling with the Gspot mail.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵

As the newest VIP it falls to me to name Thread No #️⃣1️⃣3️⃣0️⃣

I wanted to encapsulate all my impressions of Fanny. After discarding quite a few drafts as possibly being libellous, I've come up with:

Stephanie Jarvis - Unscrupulous Grifting, Scheming, Knickerless Farmhouse Fraudster

🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵

I think that covers just about everything don't you agree? :ROFLMAO:📱💰

Clever VIPs who organise the new threads, please can you facilitate?
Parrrrfffffeeecccct

how …. Just HOW did you get the fit so parrrfeeeccct …😈

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
@MadameChat I am so sorry you lost your son in this way. I feel Mental illness isn’t understood fully until you have to deal with someone close who is struggling. I lost my sister to suicide 15 years ago yesterday but spent many more years watching her struggle with mental health problems.
I grieve with you for the loss of your sister. You’re exactly right and so much lip service is done regarding care and treatment when the reality is that many do not get the help they need, we have enormous waiting lists for therapists and care. If love was enough your sister and my son would be here today ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
So Fanny Flash is doing a Queen E in her vlog while putting that sign up in her filthy kitchen... in the backgound what couldnt be missed but noticing..

Fanny didnt know the saharasand was coming...too busy with herself and her adventures/lies to even watch the news...she has never seen it before...she lives in France for about eighteen years....well she must have been in bed most of the time...

Well they bought some nice machinery from Matt..not...i wonder how much she paid for that old scrap metal...a melted down fuse is not good..at all...

Dan clearly left his belt at Annalises...at least he had a proper picknick 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 22
No, it's fraud. The person asking for the money is seen to do so, on film, posted to their account, written up in their blurb, and it's legally binding that they provide the end product - or return the funds raised, in full.

Reactions: 9
THe video is there but it's just been edited a little. At the very end there's a still from National Lampoon's VACATION, that Peter was trying to emulate 🙊 :ROFLMAO:
It really was a very strange thing to do when thousands of people were watching

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.