The Chateau Diaries #129 the shyttoo is full with people who are mostly full of themselves....

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Made me laugh (no you're not a snob), in fact I'm sure he said his origins are north of Watford, that's foreign to me ;) :ROFLMAO: I have to accept these days that even though I'm a Surrey girl born and bred so many have moved down from Sarf London, I just have to accept that's where most think I'm from. I put it down to the accent 🤭
Ha ha. Another Surrey girl here. Not from a posh part of Surrey though. However, from an early age I had an English teacher, who was in fact Welsh. She had the most gorgeous accent but not a letter dropped or added and no double negatives anywhere. Our school was pretty rough and a lot of the kids spoke really bad English, but she whipped us into shape. Her accent was strong but her grammar was perfect. I think bad grammar is a sign of being lazy and not listening to others . But I am the grammar police in my family!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I guess not, I don't even know what a weevil is!!!
I had never heard of pantry moths, but then I bought something that had their eggs in it. That was 2 years ago. First I knew was when I opened pantry and saw little maggot like grubs on the ceiling of my pantry.
I had to check everything in the pantry and throw away heaps of food. Anything not in a sealed plastic container basically. The grubs love cardboard and also hiding in the folds of foil packaging.
We emptied the pantry and washed all the walls etc and then we were still seeing grubs??? We realised they had hidden themselves in all the little joins under shelves etc, so got silicon sealant and filled in all the crack and crannies. Now nothing is put in the pantry without being in a sealed container, and I use pantry moth traps. It's amazing how many moths those traps catch.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
RE: Dan and his studio. What stood out to me about that time was when he was putting in the window to access the roof. He said something to the effect that he could go up there to have a cup of coffee. The kids couldn’t access and maybe meant Annalise don’t know. I thought at the time what an awful thing to say! He was spending his days at the château and all he think about was getting away on the roof.
I thought that window was very small and wondered if Annelise could get thru it. I felt he wasn't taking her feelings into account as who would want to be embarrassed by having to squeeze thru that space as a larger person.
Also I think he should have sorted her laundry room out first. Two little ones and a mucky husband make a lot of washing.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
You mean Davy of course? What type of garden designer is he & has anyone seen a portfolio of his work? How much is he charging or is he doing it as a favour for storing his toys? What's the point of the lime trees anyway? The leaves will blow into the fountain & the roots may well buckle up under the gravel.
Neither SJ nor her father hardly ever went out on their land & I remember her 'discovering' a part she had never been to, she just teeters around in heels & floaty gowns saying what a marvellous job the tree cutter/Dan/Kirsty/Matt/Selmar & now Davy have done. What a contrast to the past when the chateaux (& the English country houses) were underpinned by the community around them - the grounds tended by the local gardeners & farmers who provided the food for both the nobles & themselves. When the Jarvis's took over, only old Bertrand (?) was around to help & advise & it seemed an odd story to me that Isabel took him to South Africa on holiday. Were they an item or did she want him to do her garden there? Is the answer in the Tattle Bible?
I must say Billy Petherick keeps their grounds impeccable - OK he's got the machinery & his old man to help but he does keep at it. Which leads me on to Tati's neglected garden which provides Selmar with 'safe' if dreary vlogs. The mind boggles at how this pair ever thought they could manage land for public festivals at a French chateau looking at the shambles her modest property is in. Are you spending too much time here & elsewhere online to bother Tati? Right, garden inspections over.🌲
Yes, I thought I had written Davey. Adverts sometimes obscure my view when writing on the phone. I close them and then it jumps. Highly annoying 😒

You mean Davy of course? What type of garden designer is he & has anyone seen a portfolio of his work? How much is he charging or is he doing it as a favour for storing his toys? What's the point of the lime trees anyway? The leaves will blow into the fountain & the roots may well buckle up under the gravel.
Neither SJ nor her father hardly ever went out on their land & I remember her 'discovering' a part she had never been to, she just teeters around in heels & floaty gowns saying what a marvellous job the tree cutter/Dan/Kirsty/Matt/Selmar & now Davy have done. What a contrast to the past when the chateaux (& the English country houses) were underpinned by the community around them - the grounds tended by the local gardeners & farmers who provided the food for both the nobles & themselves. When the Jarvis's took over, only old Bertrand (?) was around to help & advise & it seemed an odd story to me that Isabel took him to South Africa on holiday. Were they an item or did she want him to do her garden there? Is the answer in the Tattle Bible?
I must say Billy Petherick keeps their grounds impeccable - OK he's got the machinery & his old man to help but he does keep at it. Which leads me on to Tati's neglected garden which provides Selmar with 'safe' if dreary vlogs. The mind boggles at how this pair ever thought they could manage land for public festivals at a French chateau looking at the shambles her modest property is in. Are you spending too much time here & elsewhere online to bother Tati? Right, garden inspections over.🌲
Yes, I thought I had written Davey. Adverts sometimes obscure my view when writing on the phone. I close them and then it jumps. Highly annoying 😒

Reactions: 9
I had never heard of pantry moths, but then I bought something that had their eggs in it. That was 2 years ago. First I knew was when I opened pantry and saw little maggot like grubs on the ceiling of my pantry.
I had to check everything in the pantry and throw away heaps of food. Anything not in a sealed plastic container basically. The grubs love cardboard and also hiding in the folds of foil packaging.
We emptied the pantry and washed all the walls etc and then we were still seeing grubs??? We realised they had hidden themselves in all the little joins under shelves etc, so got silicon sealant and filled in all the crack and crannies. Now nothing is put in the pantry without being in a sealed container, and I use pantry moth traps. It's amazing how many moths those traps catch.
Protein 😉

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
His name was Bernard he is a neighbouring farmer. He was hoping to tend to Isabelle’s garden till Percy came along.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
She certainly deserves it. Mean little missy, that Argentinian bully...
The British con-artist, the French scammer, the European swindler, the Argentinian bully, the Dutch fraudster…

Tartlets should be better than that by now, no?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I go through horrible bouts of insomnia where nothing helps me sleep for more than a few hours per night, even when I've tried prescription meds. I came across the YouTube channel "The Sleep Coach School". The guy gives a lot of sleep tips in his videos which have been helpful for me. Maybe some of his advice would be helpful for you too.
Thank you for recommending this! I have had issues with sleep for about a year now. Not sure if it's menopause related, stress related or what, but I am averse to taking prescription meds for sleeping (just a personal thing with me). Doctor thinks it is both a menopause symptom AND stress related, although I've always been a very light sleeper - as he said "Who's not stressed these days?" I have tried a lot of other non-meds things that work at times and then other times, they don't. I'll give this a look!

Reactions: 10
I have a south east accent too. But I don't miss out letters and I don't add letters where they don't belong. When I went to school I listened and learnt to talk proper :ROFLMAO: It's not accents that bug me it's a complete annihilation of our lovely language.
So did I and I went to Grammar school and I have qualifications in spoken English, thank you. But, as I have said before to people that come in here and slag off peoples accents, I, (as I am sure Dan is) am perfectly capable of speaking the way I think you think we should, when necessary, but naturally I speak with my local accent, as does Dan. Its not annihilation of the language, its regional differences, and they are broad and wonderful and make our little island richer for it. Just because you dont care for it, or you think it makes someone sound common, does not mean you are right, and we are wrong to use our accents!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The British con-artist, the French scammer, the European swindler, the Argentinian bully, the Dutch fraudster…

Tartlets should be better than that by now, no?
your right 😈

she’s an A1 absolute bullying witch

• Heart
Reactions: 17
About Davy I have been wondering if any of the super sleuths on here have a bead on him yet. Perhaps being vague is so we can’t tract him down.

Reactions: 11
Thank you for recommending this! I have had issues with sleep for about a year now. Not sure if it's menopause related, stress related or what, but I am averse to taking prescription meds for sleeping (just a personal thing with me). Doctor thinks it is both a menopause symptom AND stress related, although I've always been a very light sleeper - as he said "Who's not stressed these days?" I have tried a lot of other non-meds things that work at times and then other times, they don't. I'll give this a look!
I listen to sleepcasts and that helps me go to sleep but wake up several times in the night 😩

• Sad
I thought that window was very small and wondered if Annelise could get thru it. I felt he wasn't taking her feelings into account as who would want to be embarrassed by having to squeeze thru that space as a larger person.
Also I think he should have sorted her laundry room out first. Two little ones and a mucky husband make a lot of washing.
I have a beter idea _ he could have done his own washing!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Moth traps are great to control the infestation.
Yes, you get them if you buy something with their eggs in it.
And they can hide in the holes to adjust the shelves in your storage cupboard.

Screenshot (881).png

They are like an insect hotel for them.
Cleaned mine with cotton swabs and lavender.
SYSIPHUS WORK

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.