The Chateau Diaries #129 the shyttoo is full with people who are mostly full of themselves....

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You mean Davy of course? What type of garden designer is he & has anyone seen a portfolio of his work? How much is he charging or is he doing it as a favour for storing his toys? What's the point of the lime trees anyway? The leaves will blow into the fountain & the roots may well buckle up under the gravel.
Neither SJ nor her father hardly ever went out on their land & I remember her 'discovering' a part she had never been to, she just teeters around in heels & floaty gowns saying what a marvellous job the tree cutter/Dan/Kirsty/Matt/Selmar & now Davy have done. What a contrast to the past when the chateaux (& the English country houses) were underpinned by the community around them - the grounds tended by the local gardeners & farmers who provided the food for both the nobles & themselves. When the Jarvis's took over, only old Bertrand (?) was around to help & advise & it seemed an odd story to me that Isabel took him to South Africa on holiday. Were they an item or did she want him to do her garden there? Is the answer in the Tattle Bible?
I must say Billy Petherick keeps their grounds impeccable - OK he's got the machinery & his old man to help but he does keep at it. Which leads me on to Tati's neglected garden which provides Selmar with 'safe' if dreary vlogs. The mind boggles at how this pair ever thought they could manage land for public festivals at a French chateau looking at the shambles her modest property is in. Are you spending too much time here & elsewhere online to bother Tati? Right, garden inspections over.🌲
You've been reading my mind. 😎

Reactions: 7
I speak English as my 3rd language and have a typical Canadian non-accent accent... I find people speaking with different accents and dialects very charming... Funny enough I was watching this yesterday... If a queen like Adele says Free instead of Three, who the duck cares? :LOL:

no, never!
Same... I have never seen this!!
Ew.. What the hell?...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Ok.. This is what I look for when I'm watching a channel about renovating a chateau.. time lapses and things actually happening!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
In the Grifter pyramid of begging - what goes at the top?
Is every vlogger grifting by making money off Youtube?
Is ad revenue generation and liking and subscribing at the bottom and Patreon at the top?
All Youtubers are just recording their work or everyday life and then making money off it - some are literally making millions; buying flash cars and houses etc from it.

Reactions: 4
And will someone please tell the Pethericks (particularly Billy) there is no effing 'K' on the end of the word 'something'. Grr. Does he come from Portsmouth too? They have a shorter alphabet too as there is no 'T' in theirs or Dan's 🤬🤬🤬🤬
I'm so pleased I still have my Geordie accent and wear a 'nice' uniform.
I can sympathise with some of the "fashion" noted and really wish that some young people would not follow the standard "youth culture" uniform or modify their dialect to resemble something they see in films, music videos or on YouTube.

But hey-hoe I'm guilty of one in my younger days, I was a Duran fan and had the dreaded cotton suit. 😳🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I speak English as my 3rd language and have a typical Canadian non-accent accent... I find people speaking with different accents and dialects very charming... Funny enough I was watching this yesterday... If a queen like Adele says Free instead of Three, who the duck cares? :LOL:

Same... I have never seen this!!
Ew.. What the hell?...
We are Canadian!! :) Love accents (I have NO idea which are posh or whatever!) and don't have to deal with weevils! We are the best country in the world to live in!! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Dan and Amaury telling eachother big teenageboyslike stories in the workshop...omg how old are they....and there was no time left for Dan...he was so busy...yes chatting with Amaury who clearly also didnt have better things to do....

Dans work on his house...the state that place is in.. :eek: .i know one thing...here, the council had put a sign on it...stay out.. uninhabitable...the amount of rubbish on that land...they did buy the local dumpingground??

The Lalacelles....i stopped watching them....half the vlog was a commercial for something to get fit after a workout....well when you renovate, you dont need a workout...and Terry came pouding around the corner..as if he needed a run to keep in shape..:oops: So... YT earnings, patreon, go fund me and now commercials...well they surely know how to beg for cash...proud and dignity going down the drain there also...what a bunch...of loosers..

Marie Wiik....she can travel to timbuktu or even further..but as long as she doesnt sort out those demons in her head, she is never going to be happy...girl seek help from a pro..instead of disturbing other peoples lives where ever you park your flowerhearse..and blame everything exept yourself for not seeking help..

• Heart
Reactions: 32
OK…is it just me or is a certain video missing from Peter and Anna’s channel?
THe video is there but it's just been edited a little. At the very end there's a still from National Lampoon's VACATION, that Peter was trying to emulate 🙊 :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
I can not .... can not watch this again!!!
The song is fun and he has actually some weight on him...
I remember also, Fanny telling us all that she has the money put aside for the lake. She has also told us that she keeps money aside in case she has to pay taxes on her Patreon income. I think it has been estimated, that it could be as much as 50% in taxes. IF all that money is put aside and accumulating, I can't even imagine what Fanny is earning in interest.
Not much since there are no interests right now to be had... I doubt she knows how to invest it properly and I am sure she wants easy access so can't invest it in a longterm portfolio . My guess is she paid quite a bit of debts off so in the end there is not much left to put aside. She didn't work for 16 years but had plenty of bills. People like her live on debts and have no problem with it.

Reactions: 8
I agree. What is it about these people? One sniff of Patreon and they seem to think they do not need to work, can video themselves tidying up (even Nic Fairbehind) or not even video themselves in MW's case and the world owes them a property, chateau, space to express themselves, a car, holidays etc. It never seems to occur to MP. Ryan, MW etc that they need to find themselves some line of work that pays their way now and hopefully invests something for the future.
LOL! Nick "Fairbehind" - love you call him that!
Who is this guy? I've watched a few of his videos and the ones lately, with him "spring cleaning" had me saying to myself "Why are you watching HIM spring clean when you have your OWN spring clean to start?"

I noticed at least one of his videos is now labeled as "ASMR"......ummmmm, no, Nic, I don't think watching you shove your slipcovers in the wash is exactly an ASMR video!!!

And......in his latest vlog, he paraded out all of his "china" and the subtlety (not so subtle to me, though) of his grift was there for all to see! He showed pieces that viewers had "gifted" to him.

Reactions: 5
Being from the Southern United States (Arkansas & Louisiana) I have a soft southern accent with certain words being pronounced with a British pronunciation and some French, depending on how I learned them. Dad was also military and we moved around a fair bit. I’ve been told my accent is muddy but also that I sound “continental” whatever the eff that means. However, a few drinks in and my accent goes Deep South, back bayou country.🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Thank you for recommending this! I have had issues with sleep for about a year now. Not sure if it's menopause related, stress related or what, but I am averse to taking prescription meds for sleeping (just a personal thing with me). Doctor thinks it is both a menopause symptom AND stress related, although I've always been a very light sleeper - as he said "Who's not stressed these days?" I have tried a lot of other non-meds things that work at times and then other times, they don't. I'll give this a look!
I found if I ate anything sugary after 5pm then I couldn't sleep and had hot flashes. So had cake in the morning instead!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
In the Grifter pyramid of begging - what goes at the top?
Is every vlogger grifting by making money off Youtube?
Is ad revenue generation and liking and subscribing at the bottom and Patreon at the top?
All Youtubers are just recording their work or everyday life and then making money off it - some are literally making millions; buying flash cars and houses etc from it.
I don’t consider YouTube, ad revenue, or sponsorship to be grifting. That’s legitimate…the creator makes a video and in return earns revenue based on views. Patreon is a step closer to grifting, but I still think it’s ok if the creator actually provides what’s promised. It’s a slippery slope, though. If the creator sets up a Patreon, collects donations, then uses for things other than the intended purpose…that’s definitely grifting. Asking people to donate money so that you can buy a chateau…pure grifting. MPK collecting money off Patreon to support his life at the chateau, then blowing everything in Madrid…grifting. SJ collecting over $30k per month to renovate the farmhouse, but traveling around the world and staying in luxurious hotels and eating and drinking in luxurious restaurants…grifting. I don’t know…it’s hard to define, but I know it when I see it! 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 31
For those that have difficulty falling asleep. I found something that worked for me. Not sure why. Anyway I walk through a home ( that I have been to) and imagine what I would change and renovate. 99% of the time I’m out like a light. Hint: Don’t use the Shitoo cuz I think you’d be up all night with nightmares.
it’s using relaxing techniques like relaxing your muscles bit by bit and then imagining somewhere like the beach listening to the waves.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don’t consider YouTube, ad revenue, or sponsorship to be grifting. That’s legitimate…the creator makes a video and in return earns revenue based on views. Patreon is a step closer to grifting, but I still think it’s ok if the creator actually provides what’s promised. It’s a slippery slope, though. If the creator sets up a Patreon, collects donations, then uses for things other than the intended purpose…that’s definitely grifting. Asking people to donate money so that you can buy a chateau…pure grifting. I don’t know…it’s hard to define, but I know it when I see it! 😆
Spot on!
In fact, I go one step further about Patreon, and say:

If the creator sets up a Patreon, collects donations, then uses for things other than the intended purpose…that’s definitely grifting fraud

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.