The Chateau Diaries #121 SJ wants 5* for 1* price while her guests get 1* for price of 5*

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Greetings all, long time lurker and first time poster. Thank you all for the laughs and insights!!

I just wanted to share my CD experience - I started watching in 2019, when I dreamed of moving to France from the UK (have bought a small place there). My daughter and I would look forward to coming home on Thursdays or Tuesdays (I can't remember when she used to first post!) and watch the recent CD. I was taken in by Stephanie Jarvis - her love of even the smallest pleasures in life (like hot baguettes or a sunset) , kindness and cheery demeanour. She seemed to have a positive attitude - even when faced with challenges, which I was charmed by. I enjoyed the original Sunday videos when she would sit down and share a more in depth history (of a fabric etc).

When locked-down hit, CD was something lovely to escape into and we even considered going there to volunteer (eye roll!).

There were red flags early on - like the multiple properties (LDN, SA) and the finances she shared, didn't seem to add up. The story about how she sold her property in London to co-buy the property and yet still owned an apartment in Islington. The expensive designer clothing, the expensive holidays, the endless alcohol. The expensive piano, fountain and chandelier her father bought her from Venice etc etc. How was she a child who lived in an attic with hardworking parents who were nurses - yet grew up so many expensive and OTT gifts.

But I dismissed it and thought, she must be one of those rich people that thinks they are poor (I've met many in the UK - crumbling mansions and holes in jumpers but still manage to send Tarkin 4th to Eton).

I thought it was odd how she called MP her best friend - but then learned they had only met a year before on a TV show.. Then I realised everyone was her best friend - it was superficial - and I noticed her flirting with everyone - male or female - more and more. I dismissed this as eccentricity and how 'in love with life' she is.

I noticed that every now and then, her demeanour or tone would be quite snippy or snobby - especially in the charity shop, when she wanted to purchase something that another person didn't agree with - she would be quite curt and do it anyway.

Then money started to pour in and I became unsettled. What was she doing with it all? Why was nothing really getting completed? How were the volunteers being used? I watched one or two of the gift videos and had to stop. I couldn't understand how she was comfortable accepting gifts from strangers. I started to see through the smoke and mirrors.

I started to notice how inappropriately she dressed. She seemed so very desperate and not cultured as I had once thought. Tacky.

When she started to visit other chateaus and give tours, my eyes opened properly. Other people, with far less means, were creating handsome, thoughtful, modern and yet classic interiors - it made her Shiteau look like an absolute mess in comparison. Filled with tat from the charity shop, mixed with a few nice pieces of furniture which were lost in all the clutter. No thought, no clarity of vision and design, filthy - absolutely filthy (the kitchen door etc YIKES).

I couldn't stand watching her filling it up with more and more stuff. How many tassels and fabrics and table clothes and plates does one need? And framing everything - no discernment for quality or value. No follow through - projects half done, attic and outbuildings in a state of filth and disrepair. I couldn't understand the animals - why did she have them? It seems she goes from whim to whim.

I barely coped with the arrival of Philip but thought he would leave soon - like all the rotating characters. He was so disingenuous and tried far too hard. It was embarrassing to watch him. But then he stayed and kept accompanying her everywhere - it was so odd. I thought, "oh she's like a mother figure or mentor to him". The day I found out she was dating him, I unsubscribed and haven't watched a single video since.

I get my info from Tattle instead!

Your analysis and insight has been spot on! Thank you - I feel better for releasing this all! Will go back to lurker mode.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 97
Wonder where she's staying now; she posted that she was now based in rural France. Maybe she's at the house owned by that wedding celebrant friend.
i guess she is on her way to La gorce...omg she acts like a poor niece who has no home and the whole family has to accomodate her for a few weeks a year...just like in a Barbara Cartland novel.. 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
This is an excellent point. My parents had kept video and photos of their holidays to Hawaii in the 1970s .... when they passed last year I just chucked all those things, they meant nothing to us kids.
Except that those pictures are a testament to an era: the style, the hair, the look. Also to the surroundings: Hawaii in the 1970s doesn't look like Hawaii in 2022 unless you go to a remote place in the mountains of Maui or the Big Island. Old pictures give a feel for a bygone era.
Pictures need to be edited down but not all chucked away. And really, there's nothing better than old skool films !!!
My opinion! :geek:

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Anybody taking bets about next Patreon video?

I can almost imagine her putting out a video of herself "singing" Sarah McLachlan's Angel, for the people suffering in Ukraine.
Because she is such a charitable and kind-hearted person. 💙💛

And Cynthia Lambert will say: Brava, brava. Oh, if I could only find a husband to enjoy this precious vlog with. 😢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Anne Marie. The pressure on all the main players at the Shittoo is increasing. I think Anne Marie knows he is for a crappy few months. The pressures on him are amping up daily.

He moved all of his equipment to France, spent weeks setting up his workshop. He is now stuck there and cannot leave easily. He is in a dirty, cold, damp room at the Shittoo eating crap food.

His parents have drunk heavily from the Fanny kool aid. They are just giddy filming with her and praise her non-stop. I think they put pressure on Anne Marie to help Fanny, as it helps themselves. His mother seems to be as critical at times like mini apron, and Anne Marie seems to take a lot of not so great commentary from his mother.

Anne Marie was supposed to do the grand salon paneling. He has been at the shittoo for months but hasn’t made much progress. He finds out the paneling is tit and doesn’t fit the room. It is not of the age and quality that had been represented to him. He realizes the window framing in the room are rotten and need to be dealt with and has to come up with a plan for the wet walls. He has to do all this while having a pink phone jammed in his face at random intervals and being asked to perform like a court jester on command.

Fanny pulls the old “bait and switch” routine on him. Once he moved onto the premises, Stephanfraudie gets rid of Ian and other workers, and then daily adds to an extensive list of projects she wants Anne Marie to complete: the downstairs loo plumbing, etc., fix the windows in attic, all the broken tit she found when “cleaning” out the attics with Potts and Phi Phi, the jobs that Ian wasn’t able to complete, the floor in Narnia, etc. It is an ever growing list. The ever cheap Stephanfraudie isn’t paying him more money, and has now tripled his workload, and reduced the amounts she has to pay out monthly to Ian, the digger guy, etc. It also gives her an excuse to slow her Shittoo projects down and put the blame on Anne Marie. She takes advantage of his relationship to “Cuz” to force additional duties on him and to exploit him constantly for her Youtube fodder to earn herself hundreds of thousands of dollars. She exploits his appearance without shame to benefit herself and doesn’t care if it bothers him or not. She has no boundaries, just greed for money and attention to enrich herself.

Anne Marie can’t even focus on the grand salon because he has to deal with all of the daily “emergencies” or sudden whims of Fanny at the Shittoo, e.g., the radiators are leaking again, the ceiling fell in (Potts: let me go find a bottle of wine, I’m not going to help with this. Anne Marie deals with ineptness and arrogance of the other 50% Shittoo owners who don’t lift a finger to help him deal with emergencies on the property that they own)., dismantling and putting back together yet another wardrobe to be lugged up the Narnia, working on the Davy crap tree project, etc.,, fixing the digger, etc. He cannot finish one project in peace. It must be frustrating being thrust into the hourly drama and daily chaos of the Shittoo.

Stephanfraudie has essentially turned him into the project manager and custodian of the structural welfare of the entire Shittoo, dumping all of the responsibilities and stressors on him, while expecting him to adhere to her ever changing schedule of needs and wants. She used him as her flying monkey to get rid of Ian.

Stage 5 clinger Nutty doesn’t let Anne Marie take a breath without her by his side. Think of all the past videos when Fanny surprises Anne Marie in the workshop and Natty is chatting away or scurries out of the camera lens. They are together 24/7 now and with the added burdens of the B&B incessant filming, deadlines for Anne Marie to finish projects for the DIY show, please his parents and cater to Fanny, and put out fires on the shittoo premises daily, it must be a stressful existence. Nutty is also trying to get a trap baby to tie him down for years. If they broke up, his life at the Shittoo would be totally unbearable.

The B&B is starting up for the next few months. Anne Marie is the only person on the premises full time that speaks fluent French and seems to have a bit of a conscience, Fanny is starting to travel for the next few weeks, and the Shittoo tit show will be on Anne Marie’s shoulders. Anne Marie is getting fed up with Fanny’s demands for instant gratification and her selfishness and is starting to assert himself. Remember when Fanny wanted to him to immediately run from the kitchen to film the grand salon while he was drinking champagne, and he had to ask, “Can I not even finish my drink first?”

It is also frustrating to watch phi phi prance around playing lord of the manor and doing no physical labor to pitch in and help.
What do you think?
Amaury is going to be a basket case in no time. He already understands why Selmar was unable to finish some projects ... his cuz is not a good manager and the chaos will/has driven him nuts. A man who likes that much order is not going to do well with her chaos. And not to mention smothering by Nutti, and the meals with just 5 of them are going to be probably worse ... not sure what kind of cook Sabine is. I think Amaury is going to have to go hang out at Dan's and let Dan cook for him to get a decent meal (noted that Dan did not stay for supper with Stephanie's brussel sprouts and pasta .... ) Also noted that Amaury's forehead is now wrinkling quite quickly like his cuz .... the Stephanie and la Lande will burn him out and probably make him sick unless something really changes.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
@OhIDontKnow... I totally agree she has found a kindred spirit and unhealthy enabler in Snorts as a fellow compulsive shopper and hoarder.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I don't think they'll actually be hanging meat from the hooks. Maybe herbs? In ye olde days, meat was hung with nothing but a drain underneath. Regardless, if the chef with the dirty gardening fingernails knew anything about food storage and hygiene, he'd be able to tell the yellow nimbus that these days, meat is always stored on lower hooks and shelves to stop the contamination of other stored foods. Nothing screams salmonella faster than meat juices dripping on your cheese and veggies.
do you really think they are gonna store meat on that hooks...?? no way...those hooks were there from the time every farm butchered their own meat..and probably smoked it or salted it..i dont see the point putting those hooks back up there..they look disgustingly dirty..who wants that old crap in your pantry nowadays..btw he had to glue the wood back together ffs..get rit of it..its filthy and past its time..

Reactions: 19
I agree, if the relationship is on it's way out, now would be the ideal time. The level of sympathy that would gush her way would be all encompassing; accounts. Lack of progress etc would all fade into the background.

She could cobble together a load of gardening, workshop, Forrest footage preparation for the B&B opening etc.
She could even run off to Mummy or Potty for consolation. Or throw herself into the new channel with Ollie, and leave Dan and Amary to do the work for a few months.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
do you really think they are gonna store meat on that hooks...?? no way...those hooks were there from the time every farm butchered their own meat..and probably smoked it or salted it..i dont see the point putting those hooks back up there..they look disgustingly dirty..who wants that old crap in your pantry nowadays..btw he had to glue the wood back together ffs..get rit of it..its filthy and past its time..

But they are original DHARLING

• Haha
OMG are those Phiphis ribs? That is not normal!
i saw a picture of him when he was 17 or 18...he actually looked very healty..not skinny at all, with good hair...i wonder where it went wrong...there must be some skeleton in his closet i am sure...allergies..my ass..

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I’m not sure SJ actually wants a wealthy man…she probably prefers to hold the purse strings in the relationship so that she’s in control. Although, I do think she needs a strong figure or personality in her life to control her scatterbrained and impulsive decisions. She needs a partner who doubles as a “father figure” to exert some control. (Wow…that sounds misogynistic! That’s not my intention…but in the case of SJ, she could really use someone to rein her in… And that person isn’t Snorts!).
When you know how someone with Narcisstistic Personality Disorder operates it is not the same as 'normal' people. We assume that they are like us. But they're not. A normal married with 2.4 kids relationship is not for them because they are special not ordinary. Her need is solely to gain admiration. The party life, the B&B, the trips are all a merry go round of new, new, new admiration. When desperate for fuel they will revert back to the old sources like dopey Potts & even dopier Oli. People are as useful to her as an appliance. If one starts to go wrong, then ditch it for a new one. People are like pans on a stove, a few on the back burner just keeping warm, some on the bigger flame & the new target on the big old front burner. So baby Phil needs to realise that now the world has opened up for Stephanie Jarvis he's probably already friend zoned. She's put him on the back burner, got Oli bubbling along for her new travel channel venture & new horizons beckion. She doesn't want ordinary, normal relationship. That's for the plebs.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Except that those pictures are a testament to an era: the style, the hair, the look. Also to the surroundings: Hawaii in the 1970s doesn't look like Hawaii in 2022 unless you go to a remote place in the mountains of Maui or the Big Island. Old pictures give a feel for a bygone era.
Pictures need to be edited down but not all chucked away. And really, there's nothing better than old skool films !!!
My opinion! :geek:
Trust me, they weren't good photos!! And nothing we would ever look at again! I kept photos of them from the era, but their travel photos and film were just random and nothing note worthy.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
That's right, as he always does. He's not as smart as Fanny, who NEVER gives any historical or artistic or whatever information whitout having previously done her homeworks on wikipedia.
Curtis is a lazy ass...his husband who had to work made an effort for valentine...Curtis didnt...it told me a lott that vlog...

Here is the timeline, in regard to Isabelle Jarvis 👁 🤫

2/10/22 live chat...
Isabelle Jarvis All that beautiful beading on the dress!
Isabelle Jarvis You are so generous with everyone Spero. God bless!
John Sinclair @the Chateau Diaries sending you and @isabelle Jarvis every prayer for quick recovery
The Chateau Diaries We don't know yet when Mummy can come, as she's having vital treatment for eye problems. As soon as her sight is better, she and Percy will join us here
Isabelle Jarvis Goodnight everyone thank you for being here

2/13/22 Isabelle Jarvis participated in the live chat.

2/14/22 live chat...
Percy Attfield @lusa akinlabi I’ll tell her she is watching not trying to read and type as well.

2/17/22 live chat...
Percy Attfield Hullo to all from Centurion.
Percy Attfield @Phil N we are well, Isabelle has an eye problem that means she is resting them as much as possible.
Percy Attfield Thank you for all the good wishes for Isabelle she is feeling well enough to watch, not straining them to type as well.

2/21/22 ...and Isabelle Jarvis is back in the live chat...
Time for an eye problem cleanup. jannebu is a Lalande account...
jannebu It's so great seeing you back in the live chat @isabelle Jarvis I hope your eye treatment went well
Isabelle Jarvis Jane un thank you! Still more work needed!!!!
Holly Biggs @isabelle Jarvis, I didn't realize you had eye problems. Sorry to hear that! Hope you heal quickly
Percy Attfield @jannebu it’s in progress.
jannebu I am crossing my fingers for a speedy recovery and that the rest of the treatment goes well @Percy Attfield and @isabelle Jarvis. Just lovely that your eyes are well enough to engage in the chat

Percy Attfield @janebu thank you and yes the treatment has improved her vision already.
Isabelle Jarvis Jannebu I hope it will be alright at the end of it all.

Isabelle Jarvis Stella Marie, Brenda M thank you I feel I am in good hands.
Percy Attfield @Stella Marie poetry and green arts hopeful for more improvement.
Ruth Ballott so glad to hear that your eye treatment is making a difference :mad:Isabelle Jarvis hope it continues to improve.
Isabelle Jarvis Ruth Ballott thank you very much.
that eyeproblem...a lott of puha about nothing...i think the only eye captain one eye is blind in ...is her brown eye...and her mouth produces the tit...

• Haha
  • Heart
Teabags new friend since September Andrew from UK arrived at Chateau B and has been vetted by Billy and Ryan ! Teabag looks better in this vlog. Gwen has had eyes done.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
The dress that Stephanie Jarvis part owner of chateau de lalande wore was not good enough to be paraded in the streets of Venice. It was about a foot too short due to putting the hip frame thingy (can’t recall what’s it’s called!) under the dress. And her shoes were completely out of sync with the outfit, Kat’s boots were better!! Shots of her were cut off so the shortness of the dress was obscured. It was a totally unsuccessful outfit from start to finish.
I am just very thankful that they were not all attending Carnival in Brazil or Trinidad 😆
Can you imagine the LA LA Land motley crew in these types of costumes ?? 😲😬 🙈🙊

(*** For the record, I would love to go ‘play mas’ at Carnival but I would insist on wearing an opaque full body bodysuit underneath the costume at this point in time even though they accept all body types. I just really want the big wings and headdress and a bit of sparkle 🤣 )

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Anne Marie. The pressure on all the main players at the Shittoo is increasing. I think Anne Marie knows he is for a crappy few months. The pressures on him are amping up daily.

He moved all of his equipment to France, spent weeks setting up his workshop. He is now stuck there and cannot leave easily. He is in a dirty, cold, damp room at the Shittoo eating crap food.

His parents have drunk heavily from the Fanny kool aid. They are just giddy filming with her and praise her non-stop. I think they put pressure on Anne Marie to help Fanny, as it helps themselves. His mother seems to be as critical at times like mini apron, and Anne Marie seems to take a lot of not so great commentary from his mother.

Anne Marie was supposed to do the grand salon paneling. He has been at the shittoo for months but hasn’t made much progress. He finds out the paneling is tit and doesn’t fit the room. It is not of the age and quality that had been represented to him. He realizes the window framing in the room are rotten and need to be dealt with and has to come up with a plan for the wet walls. He has to do all this while having a pink phone jammed in his face at random intervals and being asked to perform like a court jester on command.

Fanny pulls the old “bait and switch” routine on him. Once he moved onto the premises, Stephanfraudie gets rid of Ian and other workers, and then daily adds to an extensive list of projects she wants Anne Marie to complete: the downstairs loo plumbing, etc., fix the windows in attic, all the broken tit she found when “cleaning” out the attics with Potts and Phi Phi, the jobs that Ian wasn’t able to complete, the floor in Narnia, etc. It is an ever growing list. The ever cheap Stephanfraudie isn’t paying him more money, and has now tripled his workload, and reduced the amounts she has to pay out monthly to Ian, the digger guy, etc. It also gives her an excuse to slow her Shittoo projects down and put the blame on Anne Marie. She takes advantage of his relationship to “Cuz” to force additional duties on him and to exploit him constantly for her Youtube fodder to earn herself hundreds of thousands of dollars. She exploits his appearance without shame to benefit herself and doesn’t care if it bothers him or not. She has no boundaries, just greed for money and attention to enrich herself.

Anne Marie can’t even focus on the grand salon because he has to deal with all of the daily “emergencies” or sudden whims of Fanny at the Shittoo, e.g., the radiators are leaking again, the ceiling fell in (Potts: let me go find a bottle of wine, I’m not going to help with this. Anne Marie deals with ineptness and arrogance of the other 50% Shittoo owners who don’t lift a finger to help him deal with emergencies on the property that they own)., dismantling and putting back together yet another wardrobe to be lugged up the Narnia, working on the Davy crap tree project, etc.,, fixing the digger, etc. He cannot finish one project in peace. It must be frustrating being thrust into the hourly drama and daily chaos of the Shittoo.

Stephanfraudie has essentially turned him into the project manager and custodian of the structural welfare of the entire Shittoo, dumping all of the responsibilities and stressors on him, while expecting him to adhere to her ever changing schedule of needs and wants. She used him as her flying monkey to get rid of Ian.

Stage 5 clinger Nutty doesn’t let Anne Marie take a breath without her by his side. Think of all the past videos when Fanny surprises Anne Marie in the workshop and Natty is chatting away or scurries out of the camera lens. They are together 24/7 now and with the added burdens of the B&B incessant filming, deadlines for Anne Marie to finish projects for the DIY show, please his parents and cater to Fanny, and put out fires on the shittoo premises daily, it must be a stressful existence. Nutty is also trying to get a trap baby to tie him down for years. If they broke up, his life at the Shittoo would be totally unbearable.

The B&B is starting up for the next few months. Anne Marie is the only person on the premises full time that speaks fluent French and seems to have a bit of a conscience, Fanny is starting to travel for the next few weeks, and the Shittoo tit show will be on Anne Marie’s shoulders. Anne Marie is getting fed up with Fanny’s demands for instant gratification and her selfishness and is starting to assert himself. Remember when Fanny wanted to him to immediately run from the kitchen to film the grand salon while he was drinking champagne, and he had to ask, “Can I not even finish my drink first?”

It is also frustrating to watch phi phi prance around playing lord of the manor and doing no physical labor to pitch in and help.
What do you think?
❤ ✍ 📄🎯
@graciemckitten you inspired me to find some pics. to illustrate your post.

Nutti and AM shop.png
AM comment about SJ and BJJ.png
SJ and AM.jpg
BJJ and SJ with camera july 21.jpeg

AM with guest looking on.jpg

AM amoires.jpg

Nutti and AM leaks.png

Lalande AM hallway.jpg

AM window rot.png
AM, potty, dan, bjj marquis.png

Nutti AM SJ.png

1646419393327.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

What do you think?
well i think you are right..but....they grew up together....he should have known what to expect...but maybe even he was surprised when he actually got into her daily flying circus..way of life..

Don't imagine Snorts becoming a "Pot Joe" who used to sell down local markets, old fashioned stall holders, often had plants who bought in audience to get the sales started.
TBH! I was thinking he sees himself more of a sophisticated sort. He’s a right pillock in his tweed jacket, wanky brooch and high heels.

• Haha
I’m not sure SJ actually wants a wealthy man…she probably prefers to hold the purse strings in the relationship so that she’s in control. Although, I do think she needs a strong figure or personality in her life to control her scatterbrained and impulsive decisions. She needs a partner who doubles as a “father figure” to exert some control. (Wow…that sounds misogynistic! That’s not my intention…but in the case of SJ, she could really use someone to rein her in… And that person isn’t Snorts!).
imagine yourself being a wealthy man...taking that hysterical woman with you to a businessdinner or reception...dressed the way she always does....wanting all the attention...all the time..no way a man like that would take that hysterical child on ...

I am just wondering if her grand plan for the future is to sell the Chateau to Amaury's parents. Her jaunting about with Ollie could also be a pretext to find a new place to live, and a new vlog to earn a living. Bet the grannies would gladly follow her. I can see no other reason why none of the projects get finished, and she is away a lot of the time. It is a beautiful property that she simply has no interest in. She is a total scatterbrain.
That woman will never be satisfied..there will always be a nicer chateau..or a venetian palazzo..or something else...she is spoild rotten to high heaven..the only way she will calm down is when she cannot lift one foot after the other..before that it will be a never to get satisfied runaway train..

For the timeline experts on here - today Percy informed us that Isabelle had her eye op on "Tuesday 2nd March" obviously not this year as 2nd March was a Wednesday
Well when all is going well..they can be expected back at Lalande dont they??? :pBut.. i guess there will be invented another excuse...have to say cant blame them...i guess the food is better in SA...and not only the food..

Who in God’s Garden thinks this is an attractive angle?
imagine..you wake up next to that... :eek:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.