The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else find it interesting that SJ is happy to talk about a £10,000+ to sort out a lake but won't mention the tree surgeon cost? Maybe we only mention the sums we want other people to pay for...

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve been puzzled for a few months now why we never see her bedroom anymore? Her staff/mini apron/brother/MPotts in fact anyone used to take her tea & croissant in bed in the mornings (lunchtime) & this was regularly seen in the vlogs?
She's on the latest diet craze of only eating after 5pm or so she said.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’ve been in pretty much constant lockdown for almost a year ( work obligations with the elderly) so all the farting about with guests and travelling about willy nilly with ne’er a care really f*£king grinds my gears, as they say. Not to mention the fact that I’ve not seen my family for months. Sorry for the burst. All the MP girning and giant explosion of displaced sympathy has given me a lot of food for thought.
I’m still up for doing a fantasy Panto cast list though.
Same. I haven't seen my family in over a year. I don't even socialize in person with my friends that live nearby. What I find the most insulting is when Fanny was justifying having all those holiday parties so that the rest of us poor peons could share in their joy! Like she was doing all of us a big favor. Well, that is Marie Antoinette all over.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
That singing of Non, je ne regrette rien was quite something.
Aaah living in a Château in France, singing Edith Piaf, eating out of porcelaine de Limoges plates, over-emphasizing French words as if they want to say it better than French people themselves, this is all snobbery...
This way of always trying to convey an image of France that's not real, just to appeal to, non-French people and their romantic view of France (mostly North-Americans but not just) is getting really old, especially when actually it looks like they have very little (if not any at all) interaction with actual French people, with locals.
They'd rather have people coming from all over the world to work for free than hiring local French artisans apparently.
I grew up with people like that in the French countryside.
And then I'm sure they wonder why they're not particularly liked. 😒🙄
Plus they act like French law doesn't apply to them (you know, tax probably but no real proof just speculation but also Covid restrictions...)
The limit during Christmas time was 6 adults maximum (could be more if all adults live together all the time but otherwise maximum of 6.) It was just a recommendation for sure not law but they clearly did not care and respect it.)
I personally did not get to spend Christmas with my family in the south of France this year for this reason, and stayed alone in my Paris studio (with my cat), I haven't worked since March 12 2020 since I work in hospitality and the hotel I work at has not reopened yet since the first lockdown... I have firends who own a bar who are now struggling. We all want everyone to do their part so we can resume working (like everyone everywhere wants), and then I see them acting this way...
This is just so blatantly disrespectful.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
She's on the latest diet craze of only eating after 5pm or so she said.
oh she’s moved on from that fad In the trip to the chateau they stopped to get lunch on the way.

perhaps she has started with her room make over and filmed it etc. But has to time releasing that vids a bit. If she release it now then people might feel bitter about it. Whereas if she fixed a bit more in the chapel and garden and some issues elsewhere and then show her room then people will go aw but she works so hard. She deserve the 10 k golden wallpaper and 5k mattress with built in self cleaning and wifi.

Reactions: 8
oh and they got some flower road kill
Yes, they did. Our professional florist stopped en route to buy some additional grossly overblown yellow tulips. Tulips in that state would be drastically reduced in a supermarket here. I hope they were giving them away. I would be amazed if they had all of their petals when they arrived at La Fleur.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Gotta rant here....

I'm sorry, this may just be me being pissy but why is it only "stupid Americans" that you're targeting here? They receive packages from all over the world and, gleaning from the comments, her Patrons are from all over the world, also. I am NOT a Patron but I am an American and I'm personally offended by this remark. And I do NOT get offended easily!

Rant over...sorry.
I know it’s like the drunken Irish.... tit... hold on... just knocked the wine over...

• Haha
Reactions: 20
... in all fairness, all our thoughts about what Marie thinks about cooking, or her rent or working arrangement at Lalande, are our guesses and our theories and ideas. The only one who truly knows is Marie. There is no proof of any of our theories and thoughts unless Marie says something to confirm or deny. It doesn't seem right to criticize people's contributions here based on things you think, when there is no proof. We may be right, we may be wrong.

I am not white knighting for Marie, I just have a research background and get triggered by confusions about ideas and personal opinions vs confirmed facts with evidence.
Well, my dear, you may want to cool your jets about facts on this site. After all, it's a gossip site not a data analysis forum.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Same. I haven't seen my family in over a year. I don't even socialize in person with my friends that live nearby. What I find the most insulting is when Fanny was justifying having all those holiday parties so that the rest of us poor peons could share in their joy! Like she was doing all of us a big favor. Well, that is Marie Antoinette all over.
Perhaps we are the bitter ones? Whilst majority of her fans go aw they are having so much fun all the joy we get from seeing them have mass parties. I’m here like whaaat seriously it’s been a year of being alone. Not sure if and when I’ll be able to see family. And idiots like them are going on like there is no care in the world spreading the virus.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
If she has wound him up into coupling MOLD bitterness with misquoted tattle then she really is one nasty piece of work. Friends should look out for each other with good advice and pull someone back from emotional actions that could have a long lasting detrimental effect. But that's the thing with friends, they don't always have your best interest at heart and could find it funny to watch the fallout, whilst pretending to be supportive for their own end.
Some people enjoy constant gossip in their life and also enjoy jumping in with the wooden spoon, stirring it up and then sitting back to watch the fallout.

I don't recall him mentioning his laugh as point of derision, just his hat but tbh I was too busy laughing at his ancestor reference for the rest of the video - wearing the shackles of another's bitterness over 100 yrs later. Blimey O'Riley!! Find me one person in this world who has not been wronged by another at some point in their history / family history.
Also, what was he on about with the hat. I don't recall anyone posting about his hat. Did I miss that??

@MojoDublin :love: The FB poster was right about defamation and peoples incredible lack of knowledge of actual law.

Also, MOLD does not seem to understand real life tattle and the fact that the right words in the right ears will ensure he never achieves anywhere ever. More fool him.
I've just to whizz through and look again at it & at 18 mins in roughly he says 'you can listen to my annoying laugh' & the speculation as to why he is wearing a hat because his hair is falling out. I don't think that was said about him either was it? I think he's scanned through himself but is getting muddled about what is said about him. The laugh & the hair loss was about Phillip wasn't it. To be fair looking at most of the posts mentioning him & his family they're nothing dreadful are they. Just gossipy & a bit bitchy. He's had the fire put under him by someone who might also have been dropped by the production company & channel 4 too.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
That singing of Non, je ne regrette rien was quite something.
Aaah living in a Château in France, singing Edith Piaf, eating out of porcelaine de Limoges plates, over-emphasizing French words as if they want to say it better than French people themselves, this is all snobbery...
You said it all.

Reactions: 12
Another idea for a new thread title! Well done Norris.

Put her in the old tin tub with Crybaby and a glugg of Lysol.
Jeeves Post 3683091 Which "Send Grannies Crap" or "Lalaland Grab-O_Fest" do I find the porcelain Rat? We start ETTCDIY next month in OZ and I don't watch CD or CATC unless there is something juicy mentioned in these threads. If there's a porcelain rat been sent to her surely that's a "F*#ck you Stephaneee"?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I know it’s like the drunken Irish.... tit... hold on... just knocked the wine over...
I'm also an American. Maybe the reason so many of the gifts are from the states is that we have a HUGE population! In order to defend that statement about Americans being the biggest gift givers, you would have to do it on percentages not individual numbers. So, what percent of the American population compared to the percent of some other country send gifts? Who knows? Who cares? So far, the absolute most expensive gift of cases of champagne came from somebody with too much money who lives in Southeast Asia.

Reactions: 7
NorrisCS Post 3580718
And would you please stop messing with my future plans of using my real identity and applying for a job as general factotum PA extraordinaire /Chef at lalaland. The ideas will form part of my application. I have everything planned - I just need to work out the commute problem from Oz - I have commitments here and would rather not live at lalaland as I'm not sure I am emotionally equipped to cope with such luxury and commitment to the cause that seems to infect all those who enter SJ's orbit.
You could suggest you could work from home for safety reasons. Maybe fulfil the chef bit by sending food in Tupperware boxes for the gang. I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

Reactions: 3
Perhaps we are the bitter ones? Whilst majority of her fans go aw they are having so much fun all the joy we get from seeing them have mass parties. I’m here like whaaat seriously it’s been a year of being alone. Not sure if and when I’ll be able to see family. And idiots like them are going on like there is no care in the world spreading the virus.
I would not say we are the bitter ones, rather the responsible ones who are trying to follow the regulations so that EVERYONE can get back to normal, not just a select few who think that regs don't apply to them. Well, I can't speak for everyone here, just for myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
You said it all.
They are definitely not French that's for sure. Only Mummy exhibits any French attitude with her frugality. I may be making gross generalizations, but I believe the French find excess to be very vulgar. My mother was French-American and she certainly would never have approved of Fanny's ways! Quality over quantity in everything was her motto which included your wardrobe, your food and your alcohol. Also, French people are never loud in public drawing unnecessary attention to themselves and you won't Parisian women showing much cleavage during daytime hours. Fanny really lacks class in my book. I would be quite embarrassed to be in public with her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.