The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Get6alife There is some info about Selmar out there in the vlogs. Stephanie did a Q&A with him. He trained and worked as a toolmaker for about twenty years. He is also an amateur artist. He ran dance classes in the Netherlands.

Reactions: 12
Donā€™t twist my words. Im talking about the money she received from ads revenue and brands deals. Not from Patreons. And until proven otherwise, Iā€™ll assume sheā€™s not stupid and try to hide money she received from this stream of revenue.
but it was confirmed that she had previously said all YouTube money will go towards restoring the chateau. She has gone back on that and claimed it her income. Now that presumably will pay for staff etc which isnā€™t needed. So I guess anything could happen as she chop and changed her mind

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Does Steph need a grammar lesson on Their/There, or is this PP's English?
easily done. Perhaps it was one of the others replying and not sj?

Covid
It wouldnā€™t surprise me if they didnā€™t get tested. Also handing gifts etc and the other parties opening them when they could literally be covered in covid. Not to mention the kids not wearing masks and being exposed. Like so if they tested negative was they going to self isolated in this peopleā€™s home and let them look after them. Crazy... more crazy is that sj driving. Sj get some glasses if you want to get behind the wheel.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
From today's vlog. "We have all had covid tests" drive 6 hours. Stop at supermarket for food and flowers (ie public mixing). Arrive chateau. "We will eat seperately as we don't have our results until tomorrow". JMJ (catholic thing) how dumb are these people.
Damn the rules. We want an Awfully Big Adventure!

• Heart
A fair point regarding my comment on 'stupid Americans', thank you for the monitoring it reminds me of somewhere...oh wait...it is CD fans attacking people for any perceived transgression. As to my state of mind, indeed you are quick, considering i did state i was angry, how very perceptive of you! No need for armchair psychology as after all i did state it myself. However, why i am angry is not her revenue; it is the plain injustice of claiming money from people when she has it hidden away in trusts and property. I can make my own money, without selling my privacy and that my dear is something i am very proud of and not angry at all about!
Just to add to the conversation, and I should state that the reason Iā€™m okay with paying for content is that, as an American, my cable bill is $200 a month. $5 a month to me is nothing. If SJ is cranking out 12-15 hours of programming a month itā€™s cheap. I have hundreds of channels and I donā€™t have anything to watch. I think the videos are welcome because itā€™s sort of reality, which is better than the canned diy shows we have over here.

On camera SJ comes across as a little nutty, which is entertaining, but the fact that she churns out the videos (some have a good deal of research that goes into them) makes her a bargain. Sheā€™s also a really good presenter. She seems to be highly motivated to make the money and I appreciate the hustle. She never misses putting out content and seems happy to have a ā€œjobā€. She seems appreciative too. I know people in positions similar to hers and it could well be sheā€™s never had a vocation or chance at one sheā€™s liked because of her parents. She seems to be very happy and delivers what she says sheā€™s going to deliver. She also has not, as of yet, flooded the merchandise or done a product placement, which is admirable.

I get where youā€™re coming from though. Sheā€™d be well served to shut the gift stuff down. But sheā€™s trying to keep her fans happy. It may probably get to be too much. Sheā€™s much more appreciative than tv stars, theyā€™d never do what sheā€™s doing.

Her financial background is the elephant in the room as far as Iā€™m concerned. She needs to find a way to do a reset on all of that and come clean, but some of us pay for the content and consider it a fair trade. Weā€™re not doing it because we think sheā€™s poor.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Well, Dana the Diva. That explains why she feels the need to fight for the center of attention. Like SJ, she is another one who is having a difficult time accepting her age. Honestly, what 50 year old woman shows up for a Halloween party dressed as a skimpily clad Disney character? Just plain yuck!
Does she live close to SJ? What happened to that guy that she was dating? The old DJ guy, where they all went in the middle of the day and had a party with swimming and dancing. It was so bizarre that MPK just did not know what to make of it. I have a feeling that if HE thought it was bizarre it truly was.

lord nostrils is šŸ’Æ gay he doesnā€™t hide it. But people seem to want to constantly pair him of with sj.
Lavender marriage.....united by a shared interest in doing as little as humanly possible and hedgehogs.,,,it could work....

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The visit to that chateau was mutually beneficial. They both get some new followers. But more importantly chat o viewers got a glimpse of a place thatā€™s been beautifully decorated. Them mentioning how warm and lovely it is. This will spur all them people on to donate more money. Watch adds on repeat. So they can help the lala people to improve things at la la land.

oh and they got some flower road kill

• Sad
They are bored out of their wits. Remove food, drinks, costumes, and shabby decoration, what are they left with? Goodness forbid they learn anything new. Their brains are rotting away quicker than the chateau's facade.
Guess they are getting out before the next lockdown. Now then we will see proper cabin fever set in.

lord nostrils is šŸ’Æ gay he doesnā€™t hide it. But people seem to want to constantly pair him of with sj.
So sick! What is it with these fans that always want Fanny to hook up with these gay boys or any male that comes along, Selmar, the Goat Man, etc. Obviously, Fanny is high maintenance and any half-way intelligent man would head for the hills before becoming ensnared in her web. She has a trail of very weird boyfriends like the SunGazing Mason and that Fokker dude. I'm sure there's a few others we haven't heard about. To me, she's just a big tease.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
oh but Marie spent Christmas and New Years with different people. Mari Mari darling some of us have not seen friends or family for months/ well nearly a year because of the pandemic.
Iā€™ve been in pretty much constant lockdown for almost a year ( work obligations with the elderly) so all the farting about with guests and travelling about willy nilly with neā€™er a care really f*Ā£king grinds my gears, as they say. Not to mention the fact that Iā€™ve not seen my family for months. Sorry for the burst. All the MP girning and giant explosion of displaced sympathy has given me a lot of food for thought.
Iā€™m still up for doing a fantasy Panto cast list though.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.