The Chateau Diaries #110 By the way, her Dutch love child is a talentless Prig

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where did she put all that stuff that was in the room which has now been cleared out for the china pantry? Move it up to the attic? SJ just moves crap from place to place.

Where can i see the dirty pantry Dan has been working on please? The last vlog of his i saw had the pantry all emptied out. I wanna see mess!,
Here's a shot of the dirty kitchen kettle!

Attachments

Reactions: 32
Ash made me so proud to be an Aussie!
. Coming back from 1-5 in the second set was bloody brilliant, as was Rafa winning his 21st Grand Slam early this morning. What a joy it is when our favourite players win. I’m a sports fiend and spend many late nights/early mornings engrossed in whatever sport is on. The Australian Open was so good this year. Watching that fool Medvedev lose the plot so often was excellent entertainment. He abused the chair umpire, labelled him “small cat,” which went viral the following day. Then the Aussie tennis crowd, who were there for Rafa, booed the hell out of the Russian and relentlessly sledged him with
”small cat.”

Sorry for going off piste. Still buzzing

This squirrel is way bigger hung than “Parasite Squirrel!”

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I'll be going to bed with David Lee Roth's "Just A Gigalo" stuck in my head now. Thanks tattlers

Reactions: 16
Dan's vlogs are usually only 5-6 minutes (and often time lapsed) - so you don't have to endure repetitive work for long! As I viewer it doesn't involve a huge commitment. I love the short snippets we see rather than some other's videos that drone on and on!

Reactions: 21
Another hefty dose of tedium from TittyAnna and Sillyman! Quite literally what it says on the tin! More interesting is a comment from Titty. It doesn't sound as though she's going very far.

Reactions: 17
Another hefty dose of tedium from TittyAnna and Sillyman! Quite literally what it says on the tin! More interesting is a comment from Titty. It doesn't sound as though she's going very far.
That was so exciting that I had to have a lie down .

Reactions: 34
Where did she put all that stuff that was in the room which has now been cleared out for the china pantry? Move it up to the attic? SJ just moves crap from place to place.

Good question! Andy cleared it out and the work began April 15, 2021 vlog .... nearly 10 months ... Where @Rory was excited about shutterdogs, my obsession is those beautiful tiles that will go in the china pantry ...

Work starts here:

Reactions: 11
Thanks @Jeeves for watching Dullmars latest, I just can't. They are so slow. After their Kickstarter was such a spectacular failure I've given up completely. Hopeless.

I'm enjoying Dan's though, and I agree that he's being quite canny with his delivery. The spiderwebs being one example, no mention was made or needed but they were very clearly shown. I don't think he's under Don Jarvis's spell at all, she probably thinks that and he lets her, suits him, but I think he's far too smart for that.

Reactions: 19
Just got home from work and watched Billy's daily vlog. He still taking the Pi## out of MKP. Had his booster arm really sore ophs must change arms.
If you go back over a year to @pethericks you will see being evicted. Here MKP tells us every year they move out to Guesthouse to save on heating Chateau. Ryan et al moving. This year Gwen & Billy moved out early and room at the guest house for Micheal.
Maybe Pa & Ma stopped working on their cottage as didnt want to live next door to Micheal. Maybe Billy hoping he will move to Lala land if he gets MKP accustomed to the cold. Billy's parting words at least I got this out. Now start reading from page 11 and may find this already covered.

Reactions: 7
Where can i see the dirty pantry Dan has been working on please? The last vlog of his i saw had the pantry all emptied out. I wanna see mess!,
The fact that he had the girls (as he calls them, I guess he means Kim Raad and the land girl volunteer?) clean it out first before starting and not show it on his vlog, should be indication enough of how dirty that place was.

Reactions: 30
Good question! Andy cleared it out and the work began April 15, 2021 vlog .... nearly 10 months ... Where @Rory was excited about shutterdogs, my obsession is those beautiful tiles that will go in the china pantry ...

Work starts here:
I thought a cork floor made more sense in a china pantry. Good old Matt he takes no from Fanny.

Reactions: 14
I agree with most of what you say. The thing that worries me is that it wasn't SJ who asked Dan to start working on the pantry, it's his idea of surprising her when she gets back. The need of having to surprise his employer like that tells me he's invested in chateau-life way more than just for work and that worries me. I've seen too many people break their teeth trying to prove what he's trying to prove.

Would be so smart of her to have him doing that. Guess we'll find out.
Smart is not really SJ's modus operandi, wouldn't you say?

Reactions: 29
Yes, yes, yes. Well put (don't worry about misspells) my sentiments exactly. I'm a Brit and have lived here 14 years and work for a French company. My husband is an Artisan and has a mix of both French and English customers and I can tell you the french customers are the best by far. Nine times out of ten the English want something for nothing. We live in a rural area and if you don't make the effort to intergrate, you're in for a lonely life here. I must search out the ARTE documentary.

Reactions: 23
My issue with Dan is that he refers to others like Stephanie and Amaury a lot more than Annaliese, and with more warmth. I think the snippet he left in of her saying goodbye was disgusting, could he manage to crack a smile at the mother of his children or give her a friendly farewell? No, he was very short with her interrupting his important vlogging, but still thought it suitable to include it to flesh out the storyline of forgetting to go to school.

I dunno I just don't get the sense he treats her well and if he does he needs to balance out the way he's shown relating to others with how he relates to her, even if it's just speaking about her positively on occasion. I don't wanna watch someone who prioritises their own interests over the family and does a shoddy job of caring for his children on the occasions he's in the driver's seat.

Reactions: 20
I think Dan was motivated to clean up the pantry because he was so disgusted with it when cooking at the shitoo. Notice how he often prepped the food at his place and just brought it over to the shitoo for final prep before plating up. The pantry wasn’t on SJ’s to-do list, but it was on Dan’s. Also, it’s cold out and probably he found it too hard to lift the wooden beams for the pergola by himself, so Dan decided to do the pantry instead when SJ couldn’t interrupt and drag him off to do something else.

Reactions: 29
Dan likes to play "macho" every time he "has to" mind his 2 kids as if it was a chore that he should not be doing (not his job).

Not sure if it's his real him or just an act for his vlogs. Might be the latest.

Reactions: 18
I agree with you @ladyavonlea. That pagoda is not a one man job. They need a team lifting those beams.
I also think his chef side is dividers by the state of that pantry and decided if he is going to cook there it needs to be clean and tidy. It is his reputation at stake if anyone gets sick. I hope he tackles that grey cupboard too

Reactions: 15
Yes, for sure…I think Dan did a smart job with that vlog, but it’s too bad he doesn’t put his talents to work for a better employer. He may be driven into the ground and burned out before he knows it.

Reactions: 14
I fail to see why anyone thinks that the pantry is a suprise to Steph or done without her knowledge ? In at least two of these vlogs Dan says he has discussed with Steph wall finishes, "the girls" helping, clearing it out etc.etc. Steph is only in SA, at the other end of the phone, she has not gone to the Moon with no communication, she will want to know what is going on with her pile and that her chateau is still getting air time or fans might all forget about it and loose interest or even worse search You Tube for alternative vlogs whilst she swans off, she knows that would be tragic.
I can see that it was probably Dans idea from when asked to do cooking there as Fanny does not see these things.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.