The Chateau Diaries #11 Shat o shenanigans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, that would be my ultimate goal too. Any ideas anyone?
It is so difficult to try call her out on any of the vlogs or fan pages as comments get deleted after you’re screamed down for daring to say anything truthful (in their blindness ‘negative’). Getting a tv station - is it channel 4 ‘Insider’ or BBC to do a big expose on all these Patreon scammers and how they conn their money from the blinkered, elderly, wannabes, vulnerable etc. Each Patreon scammer would have its demographic, kids thinking they could be the next whoever and in our Scrawny Scammers case the lonely, sad and deluded. I’m sure for such a platform SJ and CD wouldn’t be huge fish but if they did an expose and she featured that would be massive. Having said that 300k isn’t small beans. The only thing is is she or the others doing anything illegal? People hand over willingly but perhaps the angle could be preying on the vulnerable, selling their version of snake oil, and the gift grab could be great too. Also the life chat and donations there where people say they’ve little to give and spend it wisely and she keeps it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Most of the patreons donate 5/10€, which is perfectly fine. Most of her income comes from these donors. Some of her higher tier patreons aren't that gullible, these business owners send freebies to the Shat-O and use the channel for marketing, this I don't like. LOTL should put product placement announcements in her vlog or kick these people out.

I understand she needs patreons, because the renovation work is costly, lake will cost 150k, rendering 150k, new windows and doors 50k, roofs 250k... She bought a large underwhelming ruin to elevate her status as chatelaine, not to restore it. The house is a party house and she wants to use her own money to impress her friends and display an image of success. Now when the donations started pouring in, she realized she can finally put some money aside for renovation, but this work has and never will be prioritized over her lifestyle.
Lake, not necessary.
Well said, Raspberry. SJ is providing entertainment and escapism and every viewer will have their own reasons for tuning in, just as volunteers will for taking part. My hope is that a more interesting cast of characters is able to join her soon. The past year's crop has either been so dull or, if they show a spark of personality, over-exposed. SJ and Oliver work well together, but I doubt their roadshow will ever take off as I think TV of a different sort will take off for her.
As long as you just watch for free then it is fine. But it is the manipulation of potentially vulnerable people which is wrong. To present an image of being down on her uppers, creating empathy & generating £$£$ for her to fund her lifestyle choices is disgraceful IMO. I am guessing that most of the workaways didn't sign up to be reality stars (Philippe being the exception) so perhaps them being described as dull cast of characters is not their fault as they didn't realise they would have to perform as bit part actors?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Me neither, I hate the cold! When I saw the phoney baloney episode aired on 28 Mar 2019 when she gets Dick Strawbridge round (cue massive eyelash batting) to see if he can help with the woodburner heating that Mummy wants to see if it can be used to heat her apartment because oh it will save money..because they're so broke. And then poor Stephanie shows Dick (cue poor helpless woman act) her hotwater bottle strapped to her body. Whilst on that day she is posting pix from her Vietnam holiday with Gerry. How her fans can't see this contrast of poverty sticken Steph who has never had a job but is happy to accept a free holiday apparently from her brother is beyond me. And, as you say the toxic narcissist is moving it onto another level because this is messing with people in real life & not just online.
PrincessandthePea Post 3562913
Why can't Mummeee burn Daddee's pics to keep warm? SJ must have lots and lots of them as he never sold one I understand. Wasn't Gerry a Taxi driver? Where does he get all his money swanning off - plus paying for her? I understood he was taken in by the family when he as very young but don't know the full story. Does he own a taxi company rather than drive just one? If only 1% of Dick And Angel's kissy, kissy, lovey dovey behaviour is true, I suspect Dick would prefer snuggling up to Angel's ample assets than shivering with Madame Boneyparts and having a hot water bottle (gone cold) hitting him in the goolies every time he rolled over. Maybe Dick could cope if he had Angel paint some lovely pictures and he frames them and hangs them all over Princess's Salon so he can see them just like Percy has to do when SJ stuck the boots in when she "decorated" Mummeee's apartment.

• Haha
Princess and the Pea post 3562297
I agree and also, I haven't looked up her rates as it would raise my blood pressure, but if I paid out a wodge of $$ to stay there I would not want to (a) pack large amounts of clothing and (b) put on 5 layers of said clothing whilst trying to enjoy a stay in a French Chateau - albeit Shat Oh when I arrive and see it for what it is ( and looking like the Michelin Tyre man whilst thin, fabulous Princess floats in and out eyeing off my man with her silent lure of look at me, look at me,me,me). I can spot her type a mile away but I'm older and wiser and have scar tissue to toughen me up but some young women can be hurt very badly and don't recognise the danger of having a toxic narcissist in their space. These people can destroy lives if their victim is not emotionally strong, but they don't care as long as they get their prize - ever seen a cat playing with it's prey?

Mine's fine, it's the poor buggers who have to wait on me hand and foot who do it tough. I buy lots of boxes of chocs as thank you's so virtual box of chocs attached (sorry don't know how to do emojis.)
You wouldn't need the 5 layers of clothes as the chateau isn't open to guests until after Easter when generally the weather is warm and even hot. The fact that inside the temperature is cooler may be a relief and the fact that there is no need to install air conditioning is all to the good.
The weather isn't like that in UK especially in the North but I know that and still choose to volunteer.
I accept that this is no longer a historic house as changes have been made over years but I doubt the basic beams, roof timbers, upstairs flooring etc were replaced and it is those that need protecting from harmful effects of full central heating.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just a musing: I note Princess seems to lean towards the dark swarthy Gallic types, so if anyone (women) is thinking of a dirty weekend at lalaland, get your man to the hairdresser and dye his hair blonde or to be really safe, rainbow - to imply he's gay (not that that would deter her)
She seems to gravitate to the grubby, seedy type - Mason, MPK (not as a romantic attachment!), Fokker, There never seems to be a"nice" man as my mum would say.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Concerning the heating freezing in this tit oo. (see #47 #57 #58)
Lalande is not a historical building, no protection on it = no restrictions using techniques or materials
Floors should have been isolated and are probably not. In the "China pantry" she speeks of membrane to keep moisture out, thats not a proper isolation for cold. Foam glass would do this, we used in our house (18th century and protected!)----> we don't need to wear our winter coats inside the house 😜.
In the grand salon she has floor heating and carpets but that is not compatible (only very thin carpets would).
She should have double glazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
NorrisCS Thanks for that - she's fabulous isn't she? My favourite Opera. Things have been getting a bit torrid on the forum lately so I offer a bit of light humour. I was on a committee where I was the only "token" female. Most of the others were quite polite although condescending at times, but one was extremely misogynistic and put me down at every opportunity. Then the gods smiled. I live in a city of several million population so hitting the front page of our daily paper with a story about a "domestic" issue was quite big. There he was in all his glory with excruciatingly embarrassing detail, about him and his de facto where obviously the relationship had broken down most acrimoniously (surprise, surprise). They had been together longer than the 5 years our laws here set for domestic cohabitation in relation to property etc on dissolation of the relationship. He obviously had tried to shaft her. She didn't want to be cast aside without a fair share. Every day, front page (at the very least pages 3/4) gory details, the hidden bank A/c's, the other women, the properties he'd bought under aliases to hide assets, the tax evasion. It went on and on, with photos. By this stage it's on the night time news so I used to rush home so I could sit in front of the TV to each my dinner and enjoy.
What's this got to do with anything you say? Madame Butterfly. The rat who "married" her then left her, came back with his Western wife and took her child leaving her broken and suicidal was called "Pinkerton" Guess what my little friends name was? I waited patiently - the next meeting 2 or 3 members of the committee (men) sidled up to him murmuring their sympathy as to his predicament. I said nothing, waiting like a black widow spider to pounce. He was subdued but not yet any wiser when I spoke about an issue and he did his usual put down - I'm only 4' 11" (147.5cm) but I bore down on him with my beady eye and said loudly "What did you say Mr. PIN --KER -- TON?, stretched out and accentuated as Madame Butterfly pronounces it. He cringed. Every one sniggered and snuffled. Never again did I address him as anything other than Mr. PIN--KER--TON even when I saw him away from meetings (and that was often and usually he was with business associates). I kept it up for months. I crossed the street to address him. I used his name 3 - 4 times in every sentence where I had to speak to him in meetings. (My initials are not FB for nothing) It took a while but he finally announced he had "other commitments" and resigned. I quite missed him after that. PS. She got her half of everything (including his hidden assets - or all they found) and all the gory details were published. I can only think that she had a friend at the newspaper or that he had at some time (and it wouldn't be hard) offended some lady himself. FrannyBee (of the Sting like a Butterfly Float like a Bee family)
I dont remember that, who was it?

Reactions: 2
You wouldn't need the 5 layers of clothes as the chateau isn't open to guests until after Easter when generally the weather is warm and even hot. The fact that inside the temperature is cooler may be a relief and the fact that there is no need to install air conditioning is all to the good.
The weather isn't like that in UK especially in the North but I know that and still choose to volunteer.
I accept that this is no longer a historic house as changes have been made over years but I doubt the basic beams, roof timbers, upstairs flooring etc were replaced and it is those that need protecting from harmful effects of full central heating.
Darling, there was a fire after the 19th century remodeling, everything structural has been replaced. I can also see from the fireplaces, window and door openings that the rooms were laid out differently than originally, this will lead to new floors as well. Basically she's building a modern house inside an old shell. And she has central heating already, not just a sufficient one. People have wooden floors also in modern houses with full central heating. She's not restoring anything, but creating new interiors that look old.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Are you are not missing the point? There has been no attempt by SJ to do anything to protect or enhance the fabric of the building. The initial heating system put in at the start & then nothing. If you look at the rooms in the chateau they are not overly large are they. I think only one door has been replaced with secondary glazed one. Yes, it is understandable that it is not cost effective to heat rooms when they are not being occupied but over the years there has been little or no effort put into protecting that building which she apparently so loves. If you were really intent on preserving it perhaps you might get a job to fund the restoration, or perhaps rent your London pad out for a proper rental & forgo it being your holiday pad, or stop going on expensive holidays & buying champagne?
Yeah,this is what sensible people would do, but then sensible people would not buy a chateau in the first place.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was hopping that you would help @MojoDublin to remeber that flat 34B is hers

💫💫💫💫Tattle Glossary 💫💫💫💫💫

Please add if required - 🎯

CD - The Chateau Diaries
BJJ - Baby Jesus Jeans, aka Philip
PP (Nostril of Lalande) - Prince Philip
UH - Uriah Heep - Philip
LOTL/LOTLL - Lady of the (Lost) Lake, aka Stephanie
SSB- She Who Shouts from the balcony
SJ - Stephanie Jarvis
Nitti/Nutty - Nati
MP/MP2 - Michael Petherick
MPK - micheal Petherick (sir Trotter)
Trotter - any Petherick family reference
Ma Trotter - Sheree Petherick
Dear Brenda/BG - Brenda Gibbons (superfan/Facebook admin) from Donegal Ireland
Karen Cbomb - other superfan/admin, Canada
Donegals - limericks (renamed in honour of Dear Brenda)
Potty/MP - Michael Potts
Cinder-Ruth- MPotts current squeeze
Agents - Tattlers who find out juicy background info
Chat O (or variations) - Chateau (how Brenda says it)
“BuyMeACoffee” - give me money (no, really, give me money, I really need it)
MBNS;GF - more boring narc stuff; gimme facts

Flat 34 B - SSB bolthole Uk 🇬🇧

PSDFHB - princess 👸 shouting down from her balcony
PRSDBP - princess 👸 in her robe shouting down from her balcony at the peasants

Wet Blanket - Fun hoover
Mickey Dodger - Woman who avoids sexual encounters
Edmund Fokker van Crayestein - Former main squeeze of SJ

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Yeah,this is what sensible people would do, but then sensible people would not buy a chateau in the first place.
The romance of it all :rolleyes: . Cold fact is that these houses were built by rich for the rich. You need a lot of money to live in them. Then our working class heroes (money burning in their pockets) like Jarvis' and Trotters buy into these properties and very quickly need to start rattling their begging bowls to survive or find romance living in Grey Gardens. Most of them (impoverished again) give up after few years, listings are full of half done Shat-O's for sale.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
PrincessandthePea Post 3562913
Why can't Mummeee burn Daddee's pics to keep warm? SJ must have lots and lots of them as he never sold one I understand. Wasn't Gerry a Taxi driver? Where does he get all his money swanning off - plus paying for her? I understood he was taken in by the family when he as very young but don't know the full story. Does he own a taxi company rather than drive just one? If only 1% of Dick And Angel's kissy, kissy, lovey dovey behaviour is true, I suspect Dick would prefer snuggling up to Angel's ample assets than shivering with Madame Boneyparts and having a hot water bottle (gone cold) hitting him in the goolies every time he rolled over. Maybe Dick could cope if he had Angel paint some lovely pictures and he frames them and hangs them all over Princess's Salon so he can see them just like Percy has to do when SJ stuck the boots in when she "decorated" Mummeee's apartment.
I did a Philippe snort when I read this!!! I think Gerry owns the taxi company.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
@Fannybee

Just back on thread 🧵 10

Not a penny did I send DB
Possibly very 👅 in cheek of me

However - as I always acquire a Christmas 🎄 mug
Here’s 2020 edition s

Mums on left Gaelic translates
Mammy Christmas

On right - I love ❤ Santa 🎅

I’ve no doubt they will become heirloom s
😝😝😝😝

Attachments

• Haha
I saw that episode a while back and had just stayed in Venice for 2 weeks shortly before. We had a nice little 3 B/R apartment, clean and tidy but not "flashy" or luxurious" , but self contained and on Campo St Stefano which was 5 mins walk from Piazzo St Marco, 2 mins from L'Accadamia and Guggenheim and same from Rialto - very convenient - I checked out where they stayed and the cost for our St Stefano apartment for 2 weeks was about 2 nights where they were. Unless she did a "swap stay" with the Venice people, she certainly is splashing the cash. Patrons don't see this as her living the life - they (if they bothered to think about it) think it's her research for The Chateau Diaries and paying even the base rate of 5 (Euros? Pounds? a month) makes them feel special and exclusive and getting emails "just for them" and info "up front" before the rest of the plebs (unless it's a hot tip on the Stock Market or the winning numbers in next week's Lottery or a long odds winner of Race 5 tomorrow I'm not interested). This is all gold and if I get an A in my finals for my Psychology course, I'll "buy you all a coffee".

didn't she allude to "meetings with ....." in one of the late 2020 episodes of TCD? I checked out the mid Dec to mid Jan episodes plus grabfest ones for same period. "Cos I'm from Oz I'm not up to date with EU and UK media but I think it was a similar network that is involves with other reality shows on DIY, Chateaus etc. She was faffing around "getting something done in readiness" I also skip ads so she doesn't get the revenue - not being a techy on blogs etc.,I didn't know this until I watched a blog about Thames mudlarking - Nicola White Tideline Art - she presents a good blog especially the 2-300 year old clay pipes (probably as smoked by the ancient Egyptians in Ramses Court) - Nicola said about how she gets the benefit from the ad revenue so please don't skip them - I only leave the ad running if I like the blog and presenter. But SJ is like watching a train wreck in slow motion and I'm hooked BUT NO AD REVENUE FOR HER.
👏👏👏 Loving your musings...

Well said, Raspberry. SJ is providing entertainment and escapism and every viewer will have their own reasons for tuning in, just as volunteers will for taking part. My hope is that a more interesting cast of characters is able to join her soon. The past year's crop has either been so dull or, if they show a spark of personality, over-exposed. SJ and Oliver work well together, but I doubt their roadshow will ever take off as I think TV of a different sort will take off for her.
I , like many, just wish she'd stop the shite pressie grabbing palava each week! How much more crap can the Chateau hold! Gr8 excuse that they are decluttering.. Stop, sending stuff!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Have you visited the chateau?

Sensible people have done it & made money out of running it as a business as well as living in a beautiful setting. Not as many as those who try to do it, but I think it has always been about a number of sayings, location, location, location & right place right time. Coupled with a grasp of business acumen and being prepared to put in the graft. None of which the party princess appears to have taken into consideration. But I am guessing the chateau was only ever seen as a party pad to be traded with other party pads around the world. She's been as my mum used to say 'playing at shops' for the past 16 years.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
I am :m

I said it before, I finished a degree which allows me to diagnose on a certain level (for example I couldn't be a forensic expert at the court, for that you need different qualification) I am currently not working as that profession (obviously).

without giving too much info to not be identified so easily unlike some of us, I am finishing my 3rd master (so 5 uni degrees in total)
Your good education shows, Sandro. 🤓😌

• Heart
I like evidence not supposition and wonder if anyone has or can do an analyse of Patrons to see what portion are the type you are worried about. I suspect this will be too difficult to do so speculation will continue. I will reiterate that from my observation of the gift opening majority come from families or moreover from individuals or businesses who want the publicity for their enterprise.
As I am not a Superfan I don't watch the premiers or follow the comments on there or in any of the FB sites.

Reactions: 8
Darling, there was a fire after the 19th century remodeling, everything structural has been replaced. I can also see from the fireplaces, window and door openings that the rooms were laid out differently than originally, this will lead to new floors as well. Basically she's building a modern house inside an old shell. And she has central heating already, not just a sufficient one. People have wooden floors also in modern houses with full central heating. She's not restoring anything, but creating new interiors that look old.
I believe she just had bad luck and the heating company made bad work and did calculate all wrong. Happens all the time.

Reactions: 6
Dr lucy Worsley is the chief curator of the royal historic palaces, author ,curator and lastly a tv presenter. SJ has a degree and looks pretty , it’s unsulting to say she would do a better job. On one of her Sunday vlogs they visited a museum . Her comment about Dutch paintings was “ they all seem so dark and brown” she has zero knowledge about history or the arts. .
Plus I don’t think she will ever hold down a job, TV schedules are full on & she doesn’t have a work ethic at all, it’s beneath her. The crew would have to take her breakfast in bed at lunchtime to get her up & half the art world she talks about is like she’s just reading it from a book. Lucy is a real historian. Reading the past with Dr Kat on YouTube is fantastic too.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.