The Chateau Diaries #11 Shat o shenanigans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And mine I think one of my first questions on first thread was ‘why why why are people giving to a woman who has so much?’ We still don’t really know the answer.

Now the question is exactly that . How can we stop them. Exposé post at Daily Mail would be a start, but someone here said that unlikely to happen as Cinder-Ruth had connections there . I would have thought that association provided an even more interesting angle. Especially if a synopsis of Shato Shenanigans arrived in the desk of the Features Editor with some of the info/facts we have found out.

I say we try it, we need to nominate someone to draft article ....... Names on a postcard please
If there is serious initiative to go forward with this idea, I suggest another means of communication other than this forum would be best

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Sadly I think you are wrong, Patreon is a membership fee in exchange for content ?
people can see her lifestyle and yet willingly join patreon. Absolute madness but it’s not illegal, it’s Patreon that needs to be closed down! Patreon is immoral, the more money is donated the larger their 5% cut. :devilish:

Her super fans are quite frighteningly stupid .

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
As Fuzzypeg says, this is not illegal, that is not to say that a closer look at some of the activities surrounding Lalande (and other chateaux) would not be worthwhile
  • Patreons generating huge incomes, Buy me a coffee, GoFundMe, etc. Undeclared income, etc.
  • Use of volunteer labour,
  • Breaking of Covid guidelines / unauthorised "tourism"
I am sure others will have ideas.

• Heart
Sadly I think you are wrong, Patreon is a membership fee in exchange for content ?
people can see her lifestyle and yet willingly join patreon. Absolute madness but it’s not illegal, it’s Patreon that needs to be closed down! Patreon is immoral, the more money is donated the larger their 5% cut. :devilish:

patron is good for honest people.
But the Princess who cried wolf who now earns nearly 40k a month... Sadly people don’t put one and one together.

• Heart
theres loads of t spill channels that give an insight on stuff. We need one of those. Even one that react to chateau channels in general.

would love to be able to watch without contributing to these grifters Adsense.
I didn’t know about those channels but do they actually spread the word other than to those like us who don’t think every is always as it seems.

I just skip every ad on SSB’s channels .

If there is serious initiative to go forward with this idea, I suggest another means of communication other than this forum would be best
Agree but wld have no idea to go about that !

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Re upgrading the heating, this was discussed with Davy the garden planner and there was mention of need to put an extra feed into the borehole of the germothernal heating as it is not storing enough heat. Not sure of all the technical terns but I believe it is in the plans.
Ref none of the projects being finished, to be fair there seems to be delays with external contractors such as guy supposed to be doing the repair to the terrace and the shutter dogs. It seems to be a problem in France I remember Dock and Angel had similar problem However not just a problem in France I have been waiting months for chap who is supposed to be repairing my garden shed.
I believe people can still go to work in France!

I remind you that she has owned the chateau for 15 years. She owns a flat in London which she sporadically rents out on airbnb instead of properly renting it out as she needs it as a pied a terre for her many trips back there. She has holidayed in Venice, Vietnam, Cape Town, Greece etc & has made multiple trips to London. She spends a fortune on tat. She has not had a job since leaving University. She has had free labour from workaways. She has been in receipt of funds from the advertising revenue generated by her Youtube account & paetron cash now. At what point should she have stopped living like a bum & expect other people to work for nothing, pay her to post some videos and all for her to swan off on holiday?

Go Marie. Run like the wind.
Rewatched the Venice vlogs from last yr..she went with MP , and 3 others, over Valentines day/week, they rented top floor apartment of the castle there!..I'm guessing she paid for MP... that must have cost tit loads!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Last Podcast on the Left is on patreon and is unlistenable in my opinion. I have tried to power through their introbanter to get to the actual podcast, but they are like a bunch of morning radio DJs yelling and frat-laughing about fart jokes. They've been called out for sexist comments, racist comments, there are whole forums dedicated to hating them and yet they still earn $64k/mo on patreon.

I just want someone to make a CD parody video.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Ettcdiy will make sure that SJ is on a lot of peoples radar .just think about it :unsure:Calm down .
‘ Every dog has his day’

Heathcliffe you are needed to provide some witty advice/ musings :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I didn’t know about those channels but do they actually spread the word other than to those like us who don’t think every is always as it seems.

I just skip every ad on SSB’s channels .

I know watch some of the vlogs without subscribing and skip the adverts. So no cash off me!!

Agree but wld have no idea to go about that !
There is one way of blighting her copybook (as they say) it’s Channel 4! If people complained to them direct about what a rip off her Cashoooo really is ... plus slave labour past and present! Maybe they would drop her and that would have a small effect - loss of free publicity at least. Just a thought !

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I just want someone to make a CD parody video.
post ideas people the right person might spot and make something amusing.

There is one way of blighting her copybook (as they say) it’s Channel 4! If people complained to them direct about what a rip off her Cashoooo really is ... plus slave labour past and present! Maybe they would drop her and that would have a small effect - loss of free publicity at least. Just a thought !
I’d be really surprised if they don’t drop her after the last one that is yet to air.

Reactions: 5
I think it is interesting that she hasn’t gotten her own Channel 4 show. She is a very talented presenter there is no doubt of that. Maybe they have already dug into her financial background (granny farms) and manipulative nature already.

Reactions: 8
That happens everywhere.

@sandro37 I though you were a lawyer?

View attachment 387502
I am :m

I said it before, I finished a degree which allows me to diagnose on a certain level (for example I couldn't be a forensic expert at the court, for that you need different qualification) I am currently not working as that profession (obviously).

without giving too much info to not be identified so easily unlike some of us, I am finishing my 3rd master (so 5 uni degrees in total)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

I said it before, I finished a degree which allows me to diagnose on a certain level (for example I couldn't be a forensic expert at the court, for that you need different qualification) I am currently not working as that profession (obviously).

without giving too much info to not be identified so easily unlike some of us, I am finishing my 3rd master (so 5 uni degrees in total)
Hanni? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14

I appreciate It’s not why you told us this, but serious respect from one who struggled to get a handful of GCSE’s.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I appreciate It’s not why you told us this, but serious respect from one who struggled to get a handful of GCSE’s.
thanks, but I didn't study to be able to shove it into someone face, I am a genuinely curious person, maybe too much at times 😜
I respect you more, there are many ignorant people with degrees but you are trying to understand and educate yourself without one

Last edited:
Reactions: 10

It's like GoFund me which engage with for charity events or disasters it takes a very high percentage, at one stage it was 30% then there was a hooha and they changed it a bit. Patreon charges for platform use and receipt of funds and for accessing (ie withdrawing money). I would have thought it is way more than 5%. Then local tax paid by content person.

RE. The comment re SJ getting own show. I do enjoy her travel and information vlogs. The Monet discussion with Oli at the lake was fabulous. With Dick & Angel wrapping up their involvement (maybe children older now, bulk of reno done); it does leave a gap. I just don't think SJ would engage in tv production she does not control.

It's like GoFund me which engage with for charity events or disasters it takes a very high percentage, at one stage it was 30% then there was a hooha and they changed it a bit. Patreon charges for platform use and receipt of funds and for accessing (ie withdrawing money). I would have thought it is way more than 5%. Then local tax paid by content person.

RE. The comment re SJ getting own show. I do enjoy her travel and information vlogs. The Monet discussion with Oli at the lake was fabulous. With Dick & Angel wrapping up their involvement (maybe children older now, bulk of reno done); it does leave a gap. I just don't think SJ would engage in tv production she does not control.
Arabella - thanks for answering my question in last thread.

Last edited:
  • Heart
As Fuzzypeg says, this is not illegal, that is not to say that a closer look at some of the activities surrounding Lalande (and other chateaux) would not be worthwhile
  • Patreons generating huge incomes, Buy me a coffee, GoFundMe, etc. Undeclared income, etc.
  • Use of volunteer labour,
  • Breaking of Covid guidelines / unauthorised "tourism"
I am sure others will have ideas.
You're right. Need to go down the "Capone" route. Remember hen the Feds (Eliot Ness) couldn't get Capone on racketeering, bootlegging etc., they got him on tax evasion.

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.