The Chateau Diaries #11 Shat o shenanigans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a problem which I hope members can help. I kept up with the current Forum. I finished 51 pages of an old Forum yesterday after 3 days. Last night I watched 3 or 4 of MPK blog Doing it Ourselves (mainly as a substitute f he did (would not appear on camera - why? Fat, ugly, old, still with warrants with Garda outstanding? he welcomed her with open arms and told viewers how, wonderful, kind, supportive etc she is. She brought fancy Tea and very fancy Chocolates for him (Lots and Lots and LOTS - formula of Lalaland Tea and Chocs, tea and chocs, china and aprons, tea and chocs) -buying his approval -luring him away from SJ? I note she didn't buy the little boy a gift (not tea or chocs) - a little toy or something - but of course she doesn't need to schmooze him or his parents (Billy and his wife seem hardworking and sensible)'cos MPK as SJ's squeeze is her goal.
Question please as I may not need sleeping draught every night and MPK's blog isn't that exciting - once you've seen the drama and tantrums and tiaras of Lalaland it's hard to go back to the lukewarm cocoa MPK provides - does this Granny substitute Lovefest between MPK and BG continue and still existing or did it become a case of "It's her or me" demand from our favourite Princess? She of "Grab 'em by the Balls to keep them close"
Back to my problem. I wake up and put the kettle on. Turn on computer. Make toast and coffee. Check Tattle (which I'd caught up with night before). Bloody hell. Forum closed and thread locked. New Forum. Stacks and stacks of new stuff. Read and respond, read and respond. Two hours and 3 coffees later and I'm still here. Is there a solution?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I believe people can still go to work in France!

ear
I saw that episode a while back and had just stayed in Venice for 2 weeks shortly before. We had a nice little 3 B/R apartment, clean and tidy but not "flashy" or luxurious" , but self contained and on Campo St Stefano which was 5 mins walk from Piazzo St Marco, 2 mins from L'Accadamia and Guggenheim and same from Rialto - very convenient - I checked out where they stayed and the cost for our St Stefano apartment for 2 weeks was about 2 nights where they were. Unless she did a "swap stay" with the Venice people, she certainly is splashing the cash. Patrons don't see this as her living the life - they (if they bothered to think about it) think it's her research for The Chateau Diaries and paying even the base rate of 5 (Euros? Pounds? a month) makes them feel special and exclusive and getting emails "just for them" and info "up front" before the rest of the plebs (unless it's a hot tip on the Stock Market or the winning numbers in next week's Lottery or a long odds winner of Race 5 tomorrow I'm not interested). This is all gold and if I get an A in my finals for my Psychology course, I'll "buy you all a coffee".

I think it is interesting that she hasn’t gotten her own Channel 4 show. She is a very talented presenter there is no doubt of that. Maybe they have already dug into her financial background farms) and manipulative nature already.
didn't she allude to "meetings with ....." in one of the late 2020 episodes of TCD? I checked out the mid Dec to mid Jan episodes plus grabfest ones for same period. "Cos I'm from Oz I'm not up to date with EU and UK media but I think it was a similar network that is involves with other reality shows on DIY, Chateaus etc. She was faffing around "getting something done in readiness" I also skip ads so she doesn't get the revenue - not being a techy on blogs etc.,I didn't know this until I watched a blog about Thames mudlarking - Nicola White Tideline Art - she presents a good blog especially the 2-300 year old clay pipes (probably as smoked by the ancient Egyptians in Ramses Court) - Nicola said about how she gets the benefit from the ad revenue so please don't skip them - I only leave the ad running if I like the blog and presenter. But SJ is like watching a train wreck in slow motion and I'm hooked BUT NO AD REVENUE FOR HER.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
You sneaky buggers. Don't have all the links and guff on other Forums, so didn't know about the MPK one. I have just seen it (Is this the first Forum 'cos there does not appear to be a string of them like our "Sat Oh")? I have just left a question on MPK's asking if they are Travellers and if so, will they be setting up a caravan park and when will they take bookings. Now I just need to find a cheap way to ship my Caravan from Oz (and the horse). I note you experienced members all post on MPK's so cough up you lot and provide some links to other blogs 'cos I'm going to need a fix when Lalaland finally slips down the hill and sinks into the mud at the bottom of the lake.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Did anyone see (or...listen to...) this?

Looks like all of her "superfans" are commenting on it.
oh
Yeah they love it. But nothing is new information really it’s always same old in all of them. Minus claiming depression I don’t think she has sad that before.

You sneaky buggers. Don't have all the links and guff on other Forums, so didn't know about the MPK one. I have just seen it (Is this the first Forum 'cos there does not appear to be a string of them like our "Sat Oh")? I have just left a question on MPK's asking if they are Travellers and if so, will they be setting up a caravan park and when will they take bookings. Now I just need to find a cheap way to ship my Caravan from Oz (and the horse). I note you experienced members all post on MPK's so cough up you lot and provide some links to other blogs 'cos I'm going to need a fix when Lalaland finally slips down the hill and sinks into the mud at the bottom of the lake.
That’s the only one I know of that I was told about yesterday. I don’t think the trotters are that interesting perhaps why it’s so quiet on there and a reason why they were dropped from the escape chateau diy program.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Back to the concerns re heating. I volunteer for the UK National Trust ( oversees and runs heritage buildings) The house i volunteer in was built in 1642 and it is darned cold for most of the year. It has central heating installed but this is controlled not by temperature but by humidity. This is to protect the wood in the house - beams, floorboards, furniture etc. If the humidity is wrong the the wood either expands or contracts. As previous contributor said you can't heat an old property to standards expected in more modern houses. As volunteers we accept this and wear more clothes. The trick is thin layers, sometimes I have 5 layers on.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Did anyone see (or...listen to...) this?

Looks like all of her "superfans" are commenting on it.
I only skimmed through this but at 28.17, she describes her strength and weakness as "being one and the same.". Wasn't this Selmar's response to her Q and A with him?

Back to the concerns re heating. I volunteer for the UK National Trust ( oversees and runs heritage buildings) The house i volunteer in was built in 1642 and it is darned cold for most of the year. It has central heating installed but this is controlled not by temperature but by humidity. This is to protect the wood in the house - beams, floorboards, furniture etc. If the humidity is wrong the the wood either expands or contracts. As previous contributor said you can't heat an old property to standards expected in more modern houses. As volunteers we accept this and wear more clothes. The trick is thin layers, sometimes I have 5 layers on.
Is the building you volunteer at, lived in as a family home or only open to the public?

Reactions: 8
I have a problem which I hope members can help. I kept up with the current Forum. I finished 51 pages of an old Forum yesterday after 3 days. Last night I watched 3 or 4 of MPK blog Doing it Ourselves (mainly as a substitute f he did (would not appear on camera - why? Fat, ugly, old, still with warrants with Garda outstanding? he welcomed her with open arms and told viewers how, wonderful, kind, supportive etc she is. She brought fancy Tea and very fancy Chocolates for him (Lots and Lots and LOTS - formula of Lalaland Tea and Chocs, tea and chocs, china and aprons, tea and chocs) -buying his approval -luring him away from SJ? I note she didn't buy the little boy a gift (not tea or chocs) - a little toy or something - but of course she doesn't need to schmooze him or his parents (Billy and his wife seem hardworking and sensible)'cos MPK as SJ's squeeze is her goal.
Question please as I may not need sleeping draught every night and MPK's blog isn't that exciting - once you've seen the drama and tantrums and tiaras of Lalaland it's hard to go back to the lukewarm cocoa MPK provides - does this Granny substitute Lovefest between MPK and BG continue and still existing or did it become a case of "It's her or me" demand from our favourite Princess? She of "Grab 'em by the Balls to keep them close"
Back to my problem. I wake up and put the kettle on. Turn on computer. Make toast and coffee. Check Tattle (which I'd caught up with night before). Bloody hell. Forum closed and thread locked. New Forum. Stacks and stacks of new stuff. Read and respond, read and respond. Two hours and 3 coffees later and I'm still here. Is there a solution?
Does Hotel California ring a bell lol

• Haha
Reactions: 6
And mine I think one of my first questions on first thread was ‘why why why are people giving to a woman who has so much?’ We still don’t really know the answer.

Now the question is exactly that . How can we stop them. Exposé post at Daily Mail would be a start, but someone here said that unlikely to happen as Cinder-Ruth had connections there . I would have thought that association provided an even more interesting angle. Especially if a synopsis of Shato Shenanigans arrived in the desk of the Features Editor with some of the info/facts we have found out.

I say we try it, we need to nominate someone to draft article ....... Names on a postcard please
Why? It is none of our business what other people do with their money. Why hurt someone? People will stop giving money when we go back to our normal lives. Let them have a little fun.

Reactions: 10
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I only skimmed through this but at 28.17, she describes her strength and weakness as "being one and the same.". Wasn't this Selmar's response to her Q and A with him?

Is the building you volunteer at, lived in as a family home or only open to the public?
Yes she loved his response so much 😜

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Step away from the computer Franny Bee. You need a break.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Why? It is none of our business what other people do with their money. Why hurt someone? People will stop giving money when we go back to our normal lives. Let them have a little fun.
The sad thing is people who have a lot less money than SJ are the ones who give to her after she milked it. She also stated that every single penny will go towards restoring the chateau and wanted people to watch the adds. People then watch it on repeat to help her. She then decided actually that’s her own personal income but haven’t yet put a video out to explain that.
So if she is upfront and honest then fair play but she isn’t is she.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Ok been meaning to do this for a while... every time I hear of scrawney SJ being referred to as an opera singer
Best part go to 2:10 and listen to 3:30 if you can't listen to the lot

Magnificent. Thank you for posting. One of my favourites.
Perhaps when SJ is ‘performing with the other musical wannabes at her Chatoooo she imagines she is in Milan at the operate house! Hahaha!!!

I also volunteer for a Tudor mansion NOT the Nat Trust (I’m the Treasurer). Our heating is also controlled by humidity.
We also do not use modern paints, wallpaper or even any harsh chemicals for cleaning etc.
In REAL ancient houses/mansions/halls/castles etc., great care is taken to preserve what is there and restore previous ‘mistakes’ to keep the building as it was intended when built.
Chateau LaLa is not an historical house/sorry Chatooo - everything has been modernised or lost! SJ using old flooring is just a cost saver to her. The rest of that room will be all modernised to her taste - including the chandeliers!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Steph doesn't live in such a property. The house was completely remodeled in late 19th century and there are no historic wooden elements in the house. Only the timber roof structure in the old part is original.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I know there'll be more accusations of me being a superfan or flying monkey or whatever so I'll get my tin hat ready!

I don't think there's anything to expose to the newspapers or patreons - it's a total non story. The patreons/subscribers already know that Stephanie takes a shitload of holidays (although I don't think she pays for many of them herself) and that she has an enviable, privileged lifestyle and owns a flat in London but they don't mind.

They are getting what they want in exchange for entertaining content. If SJ travels to nice places it generates better content. To them it's no different to having a netflix subscription. The patreon contribution means progress can be made on the chateau (albeit slow progress) and that Dan can work on the garden (faster progress in this case) which again generates good content. Since patreon took off she's been able to focus on making more videos and she does extra ones for the patreons and the growing number of loyal patreons demonstrates they are happy with the deal. She has thousands of patreons and yet there are a maybe 30 or so of us contributing on here so people are voting with their feet. We know that a lot of the patreons and fans have been on here and read our posts and although a few of them have chosen to defect the vast majority have clearly chosen to stay as patreons and youtube subscribers.

The Chateau Diaries has got them through a very tough year and brought them distraction and entertainment and if they have to watch a few ads or pay a few dollars a month for that then that is absolutely their prerogative.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
It’s true that it’s up to people to distribute their money wherever they want but when there are obviously old, lonely and vulnerable viewers giving handfuls of money to a project which at the very least is a bit dubious, that is cause for concern. Particularly when the picture painted by SJ is one of ‘need’ such as now being able to eat due to donations (she stated this herself in earlier vlog)

SJ would not be ‘hurt’ by a drop income, she’d simply have less to spend on mostly whimsical projects. Stephanie would simply carry on as she did before she was having a vast amount of money thrown at her: All this would continue - the non-stop holidaying around the world, partying, buying heaps of clothes and tatt from from charity shops, hideously expensive china (let’s not forget this is a woman who can spend €85 on yet another plate she doesn’t need. She will still visit her holuday home in SA, maintain her flat in London, go back to Framingham to the house she’ll likely inherit from her mother, stay in bed till noon, and all of this without getting a job. This is how she has lived her life to date, without Patreon. She has out zilch into society ever. Only leading the most privileged of lives. She is luckier than most people anywhere yet plays on the emotions of those who can’t read what she is doing.

This is what we are discussing and why we would like to stop her benefiting any further. Please read/recall earlier threads or look at live chat where superfans actually state they can’t afford to give but will do so once they get paid (they think she can’t feed herself unless they donate) Or the old lady who I’ve nehtuoned a couple of times. who donated on live chat and towards the end of the vlog came back and said ‘I worked very hard for that money and it took a long time to save, please spend it wisely’. Literally giving away their savings to a woman who is an endless money pit. With respect, the finances of Patreon donations and the recipients, SJ and CDLL has not been investigated thoroughly and it is this aspect which needs to have clarity.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.