The Chateau Diaries #11 Shat o shenanigans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why did he willingly sign his copyright away? So they (presumably Angel) wouldn't get into trouble? So he wasn't so duped after all. He made a bad move and someone saw an opportunity to get advantage of that. Yes, it sucks when that happens. But he could have refused to do so, and have chosen to protect his artistic property instead.

Reactions: 5
I
thanks save me having to watch it. Any mention of the dead grandmother. Maybe that’s what’s pushed him over the edge ?

Reactions: 2
Yeah hindsight is 2020. We've talked at length about how MP and Stephanie are in over their heads and D & A are professionals. His video was about how it sucks.

Reactions: 12
Yes that is exactly the point I made I dontr think he has a case in law

Reactions: 4
Okay yeah I think he's super jealous, I would be! wouldn't you?

Reactions: 1
Well that was obviously very painful for Michael to make, and excruciating to watch. I do feel for him, as temperamentally he isn't up to exposing himself and his life on a public forum. But it was too much of a pity party. He says tattle is 99% lies. But it is not false for us to say the cottage works have been a complete bodge all the way through. It is not false for us to call out his mother for erasing all negative comments in YouTube and Facebook. I am astounded by the number of people who are supporting him in the comments and think his videos are worth watching, let alone the patrons funding him.

Reactions: 19
Yeah hindsight is 2020. We've talked at length about how MP and Stephanie are in over their heads and D & A are professionals. His video was about how it sucks.
How what sucks? I don't undersatand Did DA not give MPK employment & 2 other members of his family. I read on ETTCDIY ALL COMMENTS WELCOME that he didnt show up to do bridal make ups etc, if that is the case apart from being lousy to the bride it doesnt show great work ethic

No actually I wouldn't, I would have been grateful for 3 family members having jobs & wouldn't have bit the arm off the hand that was feeding us! And then keep the mayhem up for over a year...he needs to man up

ohh so you know about all this from the ETTCDIY side then?

Reactions: 6
It’ll be interesting to watch the Facebook groups attempt to keep discussions light and positive after this

Reactions: 14
Hello Michael.
I know you'll be reading this, as "hate" comments are like sweet mead imbibed to rot the brain. (You keep coming back for more)
I feel sorry, that you handed over the copyright, but then that's hopefully a lesson to be learned for next time. Also, good that you'll stop being somewhat naïve about life, even though, I can't believe you'll been completely sheltered your entire life - you even said it yourself, you don't like to be silenced.
I for one, like your content, even though you think Tattle.Life gives the impression of something else.
However, being a content creator is a job, or a monetised hobby, but given the subscribers, sponsores, patreons and go-fund-me you have, it would be fair to say, it's a job. It is indeed more than what many people have during this pandemic, so I hope you are grateful. Also, those people expect something from you, and it's only fair for them, that you are honest and transparent from the beginning.
Now, great minds discuss ideas and even greater minds critise them, because not all ideas are equally good; and since you are human, you are bound to be critised.
We have critised your not so diligent reseach of that rotting oak beam and your lack of wearing a hard hat.
We have critised your sister's insensitive post on Facebook - which were public (at the time)
We have critised your work ethic, e.g. promising a video, then not fulfilled your promise.
Now, if you want to moan, cry, lie in bed and feel sorry for yourself, then do it.
Then pull up your big boy Calvin Klein underpants and do something.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
Perhaps he could call it meatrix trotter ?

Haven’t watched the YouTube video. But I know the design was discussed on brendas group and it was said that Michael got paid a handsome sum of money for it.
He also raised his annoyance on a patron vid already according to one of his patrons so they was aware of the angel / Michael saga prior to this.

Such drama! If it were just about watching some people renovate old buildings, it would be ok. But, for Pete's sake, it's about buy me a coffee, buy me a laptop, fund my house, send me a Santa plate, get volunteers to do work that should be properly compensated and, the worst of it for me, is let's start a charity so I don't have to pay taxes. No one in this bunch smells like a rose. Michael, make art. Sell it on Etsy. You can sell prints and cards of your artwork and photos, etc. You have an established market with your YT subscribers. Make money, finish your cottage and you won't owe anyone an explanation. But continue to make promises about content to get money out of people and you can't moan when they wonder what the heck is going on.

Reactions: 26
There is always two sides to every story. We only know what we have seen on social media from fans and what mpk have said. Perhaps in time we will get more clarity.

Reactions: 7
Agreed, I actually don’t feel sorry for the guy, He is pretty naive if he thinks people won’t delve into his family life etc , if you put it out there in the public domain then you are going to get the good, the bad and the ugly.
Regarding D&A I’ve never like her, she seems like an avaricious monster behind the sweet Mother Earth persona. I hope this goes to one of the British rags and knocks her down a peg or two.
Chateau Diaries has lost the plot in my humble opinion and has alienated me with SJ ‘s tone deaf ‘greedy is good’ attitude. We’re once I had some admiration for taking on a project of magnitude of lalandes restoration it become blatantly obvious that she doesn’t give a feck about the fabric of the building or any historical accuracy, its all for show !
But hey we all still watch and that gives them a revenue. Are they entertaining.... yes ..... do they deserve sympathy.... no
I’ve lost my business , income and lifestyle due to the pandemic I don’t want sympathy, but I’m not living in a multimillion pound chateau crying into my Spode cup ..... if it’s that bad Micheal delete YouTube and get a job ?

Reactions: 18
No actually I wouldn't, I would have been grateful for 3 family members having jobs & wouldn't have bit the arm off the hand that was feeding us! And then keep the mayhem up for over a year...he needs to man up
He has the following evidence
1. Initial sketches and production he did for his grandma -early concepts which evolved from some years ago
2. His art work in sketch book time stamped.
I don't buy this feeble excuses

100 percent agree with this

Reactions: 18
For anyone else who was curious, and because I admittedly (just like Michael said lol) have nothing else better to do, I did a google to learn more about Michael’s relative:

“John Hanning Speke’s discovery of Lake Victoria in 1858 while on a quest to find the source of the Nile elevated him to the pantheon of heroes of African exploration, alongside David Livingstone and Henry Morton Stanley. But historians have ignored the part played by the Welsh mining engineer John Petherick in the discovery, largely because Speke branded him a slave trader. In this first biography of Petherick, John Humphries explores whether Petherick was truly a rogue, as he is often portrayed, or the victim of a conspiracy that destroyed his reputation and denied him credit for one of the greatest feats in African exploration.”

Attachments

Reactions: 12
There is always two sides to every story. We only know what we have seen on social media from fans and what mpk have said. Perhaps in time we will get more clarity.
I think DA are shrewd business people they will have their brand protected & will see this as an opportunist

Love the idea of sweat peas

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.