Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lolander

VIP Member
I also thought they were a thruple. This is their channel in this vid you can see a woman and a kid too perhaps they will move in at a later stage. I suspect they are family of the trotters and also travellers.
Looks like a father with his son and his bf from an earlier marriage, new wife and their young son. Definitely trotter vibes, I can smell the fresh tarmac from here.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

frenchessence

Chatty Member
Dr lucy Worsley is the chief curator of the royal historic palaces, author ,curator and lastly a tv presenter. SJ has a degree and looks pretty , it’s unsulting to say she would do a better job. On one of her Sunday vlogs they visited a museum . Her comment about Dutch paintings was “ they all seem so dark and brown” she has zero knowledge about history or the arts. .
I don’t doubt any of that, it’s more that her delivery / style doesn’t to appeal to me at all. To me, she has a very irritating manner that just rubs me up the wrong way and makes me want to change to another program. But we all have our likes and dislikes and I respect yours.

I came to this site believe it or not, because I was a fan of SJ but even bearing that in mind, couldn’t understand how someone in her position was taking in such funds.

I actually enjoy her researched vlogs the most ... La Mirande, porcelain etc., I appreciate she is a lightweight in comparison to Lucy Worley, but I’d ratherlook at LOTL and learn a bit than not watch LW at all and learn nothing.

If SJ had a presenting job she’d also have others filling in the gaps of her knowledge (I understand there is a team of researchers behind LW) . She IS a pretty face, but not just that. As a presenter, with some experience and guidance, I think she would be fantastic and ultimately probably get more viewers than Lucy Worsley.

Lake, not necessary.

As long as you just watch for free then it is fine. But it is the manipulation of potentially vulnerable people which is wrong. To present an image of being down on her uppers, creating empathy & generating £$£$ for her to fund her lifestyle choices is disgraceful IMO. I am guessing that most of the workaways didn't sign up to be reality stars (Philippe being the exception) so perhaps them being described as dull cast of characters is not their fault as they didn't realise they would have to perform as bit part actors?
I like what you’ve written here :)

Last edited:
  • Heart

arwensgal1975

VIP Member
Did anyone else notice SJ looked different on the latest CATC? At first I thought she had something stuck in her teeth as she kept making odd mouth/facial movements but then I wondered if maybe she had some work or botox in the last few days.

View attachment 391817
Wait.....
Anyone here cashing checks?
I'm waiting for my deposit in my account :) LOL!!! Paid trolls........lmao!!!

• Haha
  • Heart

Pansygirl

Chatty Member
He allegedly produced a design for wallpaper for the Strawbridges’ personal use. They, however turn the design into a huge commercial business eg sold in Sainsbury’. Not really in the spirit of the original idea.

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Just watched Life of Ryan in Bordeaux, a six hour drive, what the hec, we are in the middle of a pandemic. We pointed out about people travelling to lalande for Christmas but this guy and the Pethericks think it is ok to travel 6 hours from home.
Was the lack of locals not a further clue that the trip was NOT A REQUIRED JOURNEY.
There's no lockdown in France at the moment, nor travel restrictions. Just a curfew for the evenings and nights. I agree it's unnecessary and bad but it's not illegal.

• Wow
I would agree with you on many levels, live and let live foremost, except for the abuse of the people she surrounds herself with, lures them in with promises of true friendship, sucks the life out of them and when they are finally coming to their senses, meaning they realise they don't get that much out of the deal, she just dishes them like garbage. If she had the payed staff she can afford by now, it would be regulated by rules of employership. But this is cheaper for her and complaining leads to nothing but a quicker departure.
I agree on a certain level that she is providing entertainment & there are always idiots who think they actually know a person on screen from watching a 20 min vlog once a week. But there are also lonely, vulnerable, poor people who being manipulated by a cleverly crafted backstory. They are empathetic to the fake persona & that is where it starts to go wrong IMO. People who may not be able to afford much are subscribing to her thinking they are helping her out. That they are being part of a little bit of history by helping to preserve the chateau. It is at the very least manipulation & at worst a nasty marketing model. This is bad enough, but her behaviour to those who she knows in real life is as manipulative as that which she uses to get her superfans on board. And that to me, is unforgivable.

• Heart

NorrisCS

Well, for me its obvious which team won....
Don't understand why they didn't eat in the red room next to the kitchen. Less distance, hotter dishes. The dress she wore complicates eating (oops, ribbon dipped in salad dressing) but for cooking or serving - an absolute NO !
Nice idea to include dancing but you should know how to dance then....Selmar is a nice guy but he doesn't know how to waltz (nor to tango imo). Difficult to waltz if there is not much place too. And Philip definitely can't dance, he only knows how to charleston (probably that one he showed once and nothing else). With Marie leading their dancing had more swing. But let's not be too critical, it's always nice if men (try to;)) dance.
I wonder how they formed the teams, by chance or sympathy/affection or alphabet M+M+N P+S+S ?
SJ had to be team mickey.

he forgot salt/pepper and water too. So he can’t cook, he can’t dance and he can’t set a table. I’d love to see his volunteer application ...
Maybe he’s hung like a donkey.oh no just remembered she can’t cope with extra large....

That's so true. Many YouTubers also say "So many of you have asked me to make a video about......" when they are about to do something really boring/pointless or something for the nth time!

The buy-me-a-coffee and Gofund me should be stopped. There are people, many of whom, have good reason to, who beg on the streets, which is illegal in most countries, or they go to food banks in order to be able to feed their families. Then, these, more privileged, people, (and yes, MW and MPK are privileged, maybe not so much as SJ, but they are), just openly beg on SM in order to fund the lifestyles they have chosen. I find it absolutely abhorrent. It is clearly begging and why anyone would contribute to them, I don't understand at all. They should give to people who despertaely need it. Marie, etc should learn to live on what they are able to earn from doing proper and useful jobs.
But unless they are reading here they will never know that’s what people think as people are not allowed to express anything that doesn’t fit the narrative on the YT vlogs or the god awful FB fan pages. I’m going to scream a comment “Get A Fucking Job You Parasite” and see how long it lasts. 87th nom de plume to be created.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Yankee Doodle

And mine I think one of my first questions on first thread was ‘why why why are people giving to a woman who has so much?’ We still don’t really know the answer.

Now the question is exactly that . How can we stop them. Exposé post at Daily Mail would be a start, but someone here said that unlikely to happen as Cinder-Ruth had connections there . I would have thought that association provided an even more interesting angle. Especially if a synopsis of Shato Shenanigans arrived in the desk of the Features Editor with some of the info/facts we have found out.

I say we try it, we need to nominate someone to draft article ....... Names on a postcard please
Why? It is none of our business what other people do with their money. Why hurt someone? People will stop giving money when we go back to our normal lives. Let them have a little fun.

La Brocanteuse

For someone who has been on this forum for five days, you have consistently displayed a singular lack of social awareness and the ability to read the tone in which you are perceived by your audience. I suspect this is an area of life you find challenging. Now who does that remind me of? :unsure:
Someone with adult ADHD?

• Heart
  • Haha

NorrisCS

Just caught up, couple of comments:
- Gerry takes Stephanie on holidays as he has no-one to travel with. He likely lives a low cost life, and saves whatever money he has. In non covidx, non cancer times it is suggested he spends a lot of time at the chateau.
- on start of Trotters video Ryan and Billy "banter" about "how we live in caravans". If there are only 30 of us on Tattle, why would you reference a Tattle comment?
- P&P references a hoot
- Dick & Angel have had professional PR & Marketing staff for over 12 months. Very open about it
- Imagine you are spending time chatting on a Tattle thread about a good looking, 45 year old man who has two lesbian caretakers choose volunteers for him who are attractive, young woman. And then on their arrival he walks around topless and his pants hung so low you can see his V line. And he flirts on camera with them encouraging them to drink, dance, film him. It would be totally creepy. Yet she gets away with it.
- Yes there are spies amongst us. Not sure why, if we on Tattle are so few. Perhaps it is beacause the idiotic "Brenda/I'm in this for the long haul, I'm going nowhere McGibben" directed 10,000 facebook fans to the site and alerted them to our existence AND party boy MP2 directed 220K of his subscribers to Tattle. Don't think Tattle is your problem SJ & co. It is who you engage with.
- SJ it was your lies at how many travelled to La La for Christmas and flippancy which sparked much investigation on people. How are your guests feeling now their privacy and possible employment is at risk, if not heavy fines or ridicule. Kim's husband must be thrilled.

It means a sporting team top, she is asking does she get a mention, is she on the team. Very Australian term used in football (not soccer)
Kim’s husband Imar who tried to keep himself totally out of cameras way...ooops... saw yah, and then we saw 👀 you again on the duty rota in the kitchen!

Sometimes I wish I had never discovered Tattle as it has destroyed my simple mindless pleasure in the vlogs, although it was beginning to pall as the lockdown ones became ever more tedious. I never liked the look of Isabelle and I barely tolerated Gerry's jokes (although he seems a decent bloke), but the shine for me went off with the start of the second gift grab channel and the increasing false hilarity and painfully staged parties.
I wonder what was the breaking point for other posters?
It was the sickening gift grab for me, coupled with the drinkie poos & snacks at a time when the real world was going bonkers. It seemed so insensitive.

• Heart

babyrocks

He was extra snorty tonight.
I think if I had this irritating habit , I would work very hard to stop it (like any other "bad" habit) especially since I am appearing in a vlog that is aired worldwide with over100,000 subscribers. Offhand I can not for the life of me think of another actor who has this affliction.

• Haha

MojoDublin

VIP Member
Some of the chateau owners in France are making homes for themselves and seeking patrons to fund renovations which they should really pay for themselves but just a small handful of them appear to be really interested in appropriate, tasteful restoration and preservation of historic buildings. What SJ is doing at la Lande is creating a kitsch pleasure palace as a stage setting for her performances; it is not restoration. It is for her own pleasure and that of a few of her sycophantic minions and like-minded friends. It gives her a stage and exposure which she would not otherwise have. The patrons sending her money and gifts are seriously deluded if they think they are supporting a genuine restoration. If they wish to support pleasure givers, rather than merely pleasure seekers, they'd be wiser to support the theatres, cinemas, concert halls, and skilled artists from all over the world who have been seriously affected by Covid, rather than the creator of this pleasure palace designed to boost one privileged person's already over-inflated ego! Rant over for the day!
You would think 🤔

that she’d had given the monies from CATC to struggling artists actors etc

nope 👎another opportunity lost on SSB .... there good enough for workshops where they PAY 💰 to stay
Doubt charity occurs when there’s no camera 🎥 following

Mini apron Isabel taught her well

Rory

VIP Member
Re the purchase of the Chateau. According to several SJ statements in vlogs - It was never intended to be a business hence location wasn't really a consideration for guests/visitors. It was meant to be "flipped" within 5 years. However she/they realised they couldn't sell it as they loved it.
I think they were hugely naive, not realising the amount of funds needed or the work to be done. In patreon interview, MP describes arriving for first time with Nic. Nic was to sign the sale contract (he hadn't seen it in advance). The 2 courtyards and (now) vegetable garden were fields (ie grass and wild flowers). They jumped in not really thinking about the funds which would be required.
The Trotters, Angel & Dick - they had a business plan. (I do think the Trotters overpaid for their place too).

• Heart

Espe

VIP Member
Another covid free zone. I take it they all got tested and quarantined for days as not a mask in sight.

View attachment 394347
Just looked at that chateau's Instagram. What a huge difference between that and la Lande. The couple are restoring it so tastefully; it looks beautiful and such a far cry from the mis-mash of styles and colours and all the clutter and kitsch trashiness of CLL. They seem likeable: modest and much more natural than LOTL & co.

If you mean send me one of Daddy Jarvis’ prints woweee I’d love one. Would make a great dart board for the children, or perhaps show them how not to paint by numbers 🤣 😂
I meant send one to BG!

• Heart
If Philip is splashing someone's cash buying what he percieves to be 'posh' dinner services and silverware he really needs to learn what is for what (ok I'm feeling a bit mean here and I'm usually so compassionate) but when he showed SJ his sample place setting, he had a fish knife on the bread plate, must have thought it was a butter knife! But for the main table on the night, the fish knife was where it should be, clearly his Mentor of all Fine Stuff, Stephanie, showed him where he went wrong.
he forgot salt/pepper and water too. So he can’t cook, he can’t dance and he can’t set a table. I’d love to see his volunteer application ...

• Haha

Allen

.......Buy a car when she gets to 5k !!!??? - bloody hell she can buy a car for less than that. Or better buy a car with the 1.4K that she is getting already from her fans.
Marie crashed the Jag and put it off the road. Ought to repair that first.

I think most of her patrons fall into the sugar daddy category. Instead of offering discounts on non-existent workshops she might be better off offering unwashed knickers.

• Haha