The Chateau Diaries #11 Shat o shenanigans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where did Billy learn to ride?
From the now deleted Facebook photos they’ve always owned horses so I haven’t a clue why they don’t have now. Both Sadie & Billy used to compete in horse riding, there were tons of photos. They mentioned Ireland a lot. There may be some photos on earlier threads ? I don’t know anything about him joining & leaving the Army though, he has never mentioned the army on the vlog?

Reactions: 4
I am involved in a REAL historical building, goes back way before LaLa land or even SJ was around. Funnily we don’t have huge gaps in our roof ... must get onto English Heritage and tell them they have been making big mistakes for years - we have to knock some holes in the roof!
It’s because she either cannot be bothered or doesn’t want to spend money on it ‘because it doesn’t show’ so not important!
SJ was also mumbling something about how she doesn't have a heart to evict the bats from the attic. Think about the piles of batshit accumulated almost for two decades rotting the beams...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Sometimes I wish I had never discovered Tattle as it has destroyed my simple mindless pleasure in the vlogs, although it was beginning to pall as the lockdown ones became ever more tedious. I never liked the look of Isabelle and I barely tolerated Gerry's jokes (although he seems a decent bloke), but the shine for me went off with the start of the second gift grab channel and the increasing false hilarity and painfully staged parties.
I wonder what was the breaking point for other posters?
I can’t put my finger on it....I guess I just started questioning the “loveliness” of it all....ratty old cynic that I am. The gift gobbling sort of put a tin hat on it ....

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Fun fact for the newbies who are defending SSB: Gift tax is 60% between non-family members. You better hope that she gets charity status or all of those plastic earings and mummy aprons are going to cost a fortune.
Im sure there is a way around it. As it’s run as a seperate channel they could claim its part of business and possibly write of as business expense? Without the gifts the videos won’t exist? And as she say the money will go to different charity every month whatever it makes / spends doesn’t really affect her that much other than she gets to get more people to her other channel.

she can also change her mind. All money from that channel to charities every month. Ffw anouncement January that November and December will now go to a fashion scholarship.
And January and February will go to treating the team who has worked so incredibly hard over Christmas. 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I think LOTLL has missed a trick.
D&A appear to have invented their own version of Patreon without having to pay Patreon commission

• Heart
  • Haha
This is a generalisation which does not apply to everyone. There any many sound financial reasons for investing in property, so not everyone who invests in a chateau is an idiot.

SSB, on the other hand, probably bought her chateau for other reasons...
What I meant to buy almost a ruin and then not to have the funds to renovate it.

Reactions: 3
I think if SSB is ever investigated by the tax man, she will have a problem. I am not sure what the gift tax threshold is in France, but I am pretty sure she is over it. Moreover, I doubt very much if she is paying sufficient tax on her Patreon or YT income. I'm tired of the claims about the foundation, I don't see how they can pull that off... one needs to have a charitable purpose or be doing something for the common good to qualify.

She is also not allowed use Workaway volunteers for a business, and Selmar's situation with one client is illegal - he should have at least three clients.

As someone said earlier, SSB needs to watch out that she does not end up like Al Capone.
I'm pretty sure she's not supposed to sleep with her volunteers either!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I think LOTLL has missed a trick.
D&A appear to have invented their own version of Patreon without having to pay Patreon commission

I guess they were just smart enough to hire a professional to advice them in marketing. They do so many things they must have/pay a big crew to get it all done.

I'm pretty sure she's not supposed to sleep with her volunteers either!
Though sofar I really can't find any evidence that she is doing so, though I do look hard. 😂Quite the opposite actually, no sexual tension at all, pretty clean. Showing boobs and legs means nothing in these days when even Isabelle is doing so

SJ was also mumbling something about how she doesn't have a heart to evict the bats from the attic. Think about the piles of batshit accumulated almost for two decades rotting the beams...
I'm guessing they may be a protected species in France like they are in UK?

Reactions: 13
Dan seems to be resistant to her charme since she could not make him cook for them. Not even one time?
He must really love his wife - which is a good thing <3
* getting a flashback to that vlog where the pink gravel arrived and SJ was focused on Dan's underwear * 🧐 certainly puts a new spin on things.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
No problem but thank you. Maybe have a look at Norwegian Sissel Kyrkjebø, a classically trained singer, rather than an operatic soprano. Incredible range from mezzo-soprano to soprano.
I know I'm rotten... now after listening to Renee, Anna and Sissel may I please present Stephanie Jarvis, Soprano... - sounds like something you'd hear in a Jane Austen adapation for TV series of a daughter performing on the pianoforte for the guests....

• Haha
  • Wow
I’ll never forget her calling Gerry a “disgrace to all mankind” on one of the early gift sessions. Not said with irony, no sign of banter ....just cold and hard in response to some minor transgression I think. The guy was recovering from his cancer treatment at the time.....I was shocked.
The very first ever CD Vlog, number 1, SJ is in the kitchen and Mummy has a face on her like a mad man's arse... totally rabid about something, she turns and is walking out of kitchen (still with mad man's arse face on her) then she see's SJ with the camera, Jekyll & Hyde, face completely changes, beaming smile, and even SJ calls her out of it.... laughing like a hyena of course but still calls her out and does anyone remember her appearances in the DIY series when CDLL was featured, when none of us knew anything about this place or SJ.. just another chateau owner being featured, I remember anytime Mummy appeared I used to think "what a horrible woman".... she was and she is. Nasty and fake. Vom...

I am looking for evidence of % of patrons being vulnerable and spending their last pennies
Ah guys c'mon.... answers on a postcard please... "Name the chateau superfan / volunteer or paid worker aka WorkingClassGirl"?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
She would receive the old gardener dressed in her night robe, an elderly guy of who she knew he had a huge crush on her, for coffee in the kitchen, to receive all his free offerings from his private vegetable garden, even after she started dating Percy. The poor guy was even there when she met Percy for the first time, because she took him on a trip to SA. She certainly played with his feelings.
Is that the guy she went with selmar on a drive to visit? Gave her some things from his garden and greenhouse. A lot of flirting by I !

Reactions: 5
3:14 Look how short she is with Gerry and Percy here. First episode.
LOL I just posted about the first episode... must read to end of all pages but if I do that I'll never go back and comment, so I comment as I read to find others have done the same... oh well.. it's just as well as it underscores what we all know.

No problem but thank you. Maybe have a look at Norwegian Sissel Kyrkjebø, a classically trained singer, rather than an operatic soprano. Incredible range from mezzo-soprano to soprano.
she has indeed a beautiful voice, coincidentally, I was watching this one in various version last week but I love it from Monserat the most, it might not be perfect, but I guess bc she is Spanish speaker and also she has a soul, she doesn't cut the words it is very smooth (I also checked the Anna N. version but the way they pronounce si, si it is just too harsh)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.