The Chateau Diaries #11 Shat o shenanigans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She would receive the old gardener dressed in her night robe, an elderly guy of who she knew he had a huge crush on her, for coffee in the kitchen, to receive all his free offerings from his private vegetable garden, even after she started dating Percy. The poor guy was even there when she met Percy for the first time, because she took him on a trip to SA. She certainly played with his feelings.
She took the old gardener to SA? As a friend?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Sometimes I wish I had never discovered Tattle as it has destroyed my simple mindless pleasure in the vlogs, although it was beginning to pall as the lockdown ones became ever more tedious. I never liked the look of Isabelle and I barely tolerated Gerry's jokes (although he seems a decent bloke), but the shine for me went off with the start of the second gift grab channel and the increasing false hilarity and painfully staged parties.
I wonder what was the breaking point for other posters?
It was the sickening gift grab for me, coupled with the drinkie poos & snacks at a time when the real world was going bonkers. It seemed so insensitive.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I initially was drawn to and life at the Lalande. I liked the idea of daily life, the renovations, sewing, cooking and initially the mix of characters. I never warmed to MPK however and as we were introduced the Trotters, my dislike of the whole bunch of them intensified. Sadly, I think SJ became a victim of her own success and the series has become a parody of the earlier videos.
That is not to say that as we hear more about life behind the scenes, that it is clear that all was not as it appeared. I couldn't ever understand the fervour of the superfans and it is apparent that there are some very desperate, middle aged ladies out there who are seeking to live their days vicariously through SJ, Te Trotters and their various hanger on.
The pleasure. that I initially had is disappearing though - and I find Nicky Storey (Positano Diaries) and other vloggers (not necessarily chateau owners) more satisfyiing. I am enjoying watching a hardworking young couple converting two shipping containers into a family home and another couple building a log cabin in the mountains of Utah. I've started to feel that the Tattlers are more interesting than the vlogs.
Who’s this couple building a log cabin? Sounds like something I’d enjoy. And while I do like Positano Diaries, I usually find them a bit boring, which is why I watch them before bed.
Sometimes I wish I had never discovered Tattle as it has destroyed my simple mindless pleasure in the vlogs, although it was beginning to pall as the lockdown ones became ever more tedious. I never liked the look of Isabelle and I barely tolerated Gerry's jokes (although he seems a decent bloke), but the shine for me went off with the start of the second gift grab channel and the increasing false hilarity and painfully staged parties.
I wonder what was the breaking point for other posters?
Honestly the same thing happened to me. I stopped watching CD over the summer, just because I couldn’t stand the gift grabs. I only started watching again when they opened the cadeaux at the chateau channel and there were no more gift grabs in CD.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Hi, I agree, but I’m a Brit and saw only cruelty. Nothing was lost in translation here. Gerry bit back....weakly....eyes down.....he felt it too.
Yes, that was not a right thing to say and obviously should have been edited out.

Reactions: 8
@FrannyBee There’s tons of Trotter stuff on these Chateau vlogs, they are a dull/boring lot (apart from the mysterious & beautiful, classy Gwendoline) but they have an interesting background, there’s lots of photos too. Billy was handsome, an accomplished horse man & in the British Army/Cavalry in London. Sadly the whole Petherick clan have cleaned up their Facebook pages after Sadies melt down so we can no longer see the photos but they are on here. Michael was a Manchester party boy for 10 years & for a while a makeup artist on the MAC counter in Selfridges. Ma Trotter has another child prior to Mick who lives in England. Sadie just seems to have given birth to the moody child. Ma Trotter had traveller camp family photos on her Facebook. Micks originally from Ireland. Definitely worth a read. Ma seems to control the whole circus & I feel Gwendoline needs rescuing now 🤔 don’t get me started on Ryan who is a total *ic* & Billy’s best mate as is Philly & Barbie 🤮 I do like Ryan’s funny uncle Lee & his family who recently moved to France from Thailand. Ryan keeps his real family a massive secret, his mum & dad run a fish farm too just like uncle lee & I think that should be added to the Trotter tattle pages. There are loads of them & none of them seem to have job ?????
Where did Billy learn to ride?

Reactions: 4
Who’s this couple building a log cabin? Sounds like something I’d enjoy. And while I do like Positano Diaries, I find them usually being a bit boring, which is why I watch them before bed.
Both only seem to post about once a week.

Trent and Allie. They often feature a sponsored product but are very upfront about it, it's easy to skip past it. They are living in a small trailer and apart from help to clear the land and to lay the concrete foundations, they have help from one friend.

Life Uncontained They have been living in a trailer in a barn for more than 2 yrs while they build, with almost no help. They have a Patreon account but I don't think I have ever hear them talk about it.

Reactions: 3
Does she mention at all when mp bought in 10% what that money went towards. Maybe that help fund her champers and the renovation of nicks apartment
I guess they needed cash to repair something urgently and offered him an appointment in return. Since he was coming all the time anyway. Or she owed him money and when they broke up she could not pay back so she gave him a share? Who knows?

Reactions: 3
Thanks Michael, or is it Hani or Natti. I can't keep up..
I am involved in a REAL historical building, goes back way before LaLa land or even SJ was around. Funnily we don’t have huge gaps in our roof ... must get onto English Heritage and tell them they have been making big mistakes for years - we have to knock some holes in the roof!
It’s because she either cannot be bothered or doesn’t want to spend money on it ‘because it doesn’t show’ so not important!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Appleby Horse Fair ? 😉🐴
I thought there was a photo that his Mum put of him in a Horse Guards uniform?

There is some resemblance, right? Or just in my phantasy?
No. I think there is definitely something there.

If there are so easy to fool they would be fooled by someone else anyway. Some people just can't be helped. One should know not to give money to strangers
Well there is a phrase a fool and his money are soon parted. But it is the using of her little old ladies to do her social media work that is totally within her level of actual control.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
You'll fit in well then.
You need to know just 3 words: amazing, beautiful, stunning

I thought there was a photo that his Mum put of him in a Horse Guards uniform?

No. I think there is definitely something there.

Well there is a phrase a fool and his money are soon parted. But it is the using of her little old ladies to do her social media work that is totally within her level of actual control.
Little old ladies? 🤔 Is there such a thing? I never met one. Only nasty, bossy and demanding old ladies.... Like Isabelle

Most definitely not like Ascot! The Appleby Horse Fair calls itself "an annual gathering of Gypsies and Travellers in the town of Appleby-in-Westmorland in Cumbria, England." The horse fair, also known as Appleby New Fair, is held each year in early June.
Haha, but still, to be a good rider you need to practise and then probably have an own horse which is not cheap

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.