The Chateau Diaries #11 Shat o shenanigans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think your timeliness is out if sync here. The episode with Dock may have been aired on TV on the date you quote, although I seem to think I saw it before then However you haven't taken into consideration fact that there is a big lapse between filming an episode by TV company and it actually appearing on TV. So there is no correlation between that and her being in Vietnam with Geary.
What is wrong with a brother paying fir his sister to go on hols. I understand that it is her Christmas present. Yes I know they are not blood relatives but as good as.

The time lapse between TV filming and it appearing on TV will also explain why people think nothing has happened on projects but I understand that in fact 2 projects have been done and will be revealed when TV schedules allow
Hi natti 🥂☝🎯

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ll never forget her calling Gerry a “disgrace to all mankind” on one of the early gift sessions. Not said with irony, no sign of banter ....just cold and hard in response to some minor transgression I think. The guy was recovering from his cancer treatment at the time.....I was shocked.
Me also. I can’t recall a time a heard someone bring so directly rude, cutting and downright nasty - and on camera.

She would receive the old gardener dressed in her night robe, an elderly guy of who she knew he had a huge crush on her, for coffee in the kitchen, to receive all his free offerings from his private vegetable garden, even after she started dating Percy. The poor guy was even there when she met Percy for the first time, because she took him on a trip to SA. She certainly played with his feelings.
Presumably he was going on a working holiday to tend her lady-garden in South Africa ?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
There has been lots of comments re heating and the cold at the Chatooo.
A). Does anyone remember a vlog some time ago where MPK was shown the attics where SJ pointed out the ‘defence’ windows? There were similar to arrow openings in ancient castles, but wider and longer. Most of them didn’t seem to have any glass or coverings. They looked wide open. I would have thought that SJ would have Selmar make coverings and double glazed glass ASAP. Certainly would make it a lot warmer.
B). When MPK was there one Christmas he fixed and started up the old cooker in the kitchen. It obviously works so why, in the winter, is it not fired up? It would make the kitchen warm and also some of the downstairs rooms, especially if it was loaded up before bedtime. There is certainly plenty of wood from all the fallen trees 🌲 in her extremely dangerous forest/woodland!!!

EXTRA: SJ normally doesn’t worry too much re cold in the winter as she leaves volunteers there whilst she jets off to SA or Vietnam or other sunnier climes!
I think a later vlog explains that it is the circulation of air through these voids that helps keep the roof healthy However I am not a conservation expert
There has been lots of comments re heating and the cold at the Chatooo.
A). Does anyone remember a vlog some time ago where MPK was shown the attics where SJ pointed out the ‘defence’ windows? There were similar to arrow openings in ancient castles, but wider and longer. Most of them didn’t seem to have any glass or coverings. They looked wide open. I would have thought that SJ would have Selmar make coverings and double glazed glass ASAP. Certainly would make it a lot warmer.
B). When MPK was there one Christmas he fixed and started up the old cooker in the kitchen. It obviously works so why, in the winter, is it not fired up? It would make the kitchen warm and also some of the downstairs rooms, especially if it was loaded up before bedtime. There is certainly plenty of wood from all the fallen trees 🌲 in her extremely dangerous forest/woodland!!!

EXTRA: SJ normally doesn’t worry too much re cold in the winter as she leaves volunteers there whilst she jets off to SA or Vietnam or other sunnier climes!
There is a later vlog that explains that circulation of air through these voids helps keep the roof healthy. However I am nor a conservation expert although I think blocking them up would negate the historical aspect.

Reactions: 5
She would receive the old gardener dressed in her night robe, an elderly guy of who she knew he had a huge crush on her, for coffee in the kitchen, to receive all his free offerings from his private vegetable garden, even after she started dating Percy. The poor guy was even there when she met Percy for the first time, because she took him on a trip to SA. She certainly played with his feelings.
Do you mean Bernard ?
On Selmars YT is a video "camper ride with Isabelle" where they visit him. He gives her salad and vegetables and she says something like "I never leave here with empty hands".

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I hear you - Whilst I watch and I observe

Sometimes Irish and indeed British humor dose not come off well

and is misinterpreted
Without either party’s involved
having a clue you didn’t get the jesting

Seen it on Doing it ourselves - mainland Europeans found it rude -
yet my Irish friends knew it was banter
Hi, I agree, but I’m a Brit and saw only cruelty. Nothing was lost in translation here. Gerry bit back....weakly....eyes down.....he felt it too.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Booked a river cruise to Vietnam and Cambodia that was similar to one Gerry and SJ went on for less than £2000. Was there fore 15 days May/June 2018

So have you volunteered at the Chateau?
I don't have the necessary skills, can't cook, not that brilliant at housework or DIY and can't dance

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The next line in my post reads:

I think the problem is with the way the property and people are being treated.

I would also argue that SSB has had a somewhat luxurious life and between the lot of them: Isabelle, Nic, MP, and SSB they could probably easily have afforded to take care of some basic maintenance. Gerry could also invest? It is not that they did not have enough to renovate, they just didn't bother, that is a different matter entirely.
Does she mention at all when mp bought in 10% what that money went towards. Maybe that help fund her champers and the renovation of nicks apartment

Reactions: 4
Does she mention at all when mp bought in 10% what that money went towards. Maybe that help fund her champers and the renovation of nicks apartment
A viewer sent an obscene amount of champagne and Nic is paying for the work on his apartment...

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Nothing stopping you doing it I guess.

Paaaaarfectly put. I also needed a bit of escapism, but I started to lose it when the feeding frenzy of gift opening started. I thought it was sick in a time when people were having hard times because of a pandemic & they were living a fantasy life to most people anyway. I love Nicki Positano & have also watched the Chateau De Montmagner couple who are not remotely slick, but blimey they work hard. I agree that this forum is much more interesting that anything SJ can produce!
Don't have the IT skills. Have been following these threads for a number of weeks but have only just worked out how I can look at things in my profile.

One would consider with your number of degrees you state that you currently hold, you would easily be capable of doing the research for yourself, rather than attempting to gain investment from amateurs.
First of all, Sandro was addressing me. You assume that I am an amateur, based upon what? Do you know me? No, you do not.

I would therefore request that you leave your suppositions about what I am, or am not, out of this thread. It contributes nothing to the discussion. Moreover, your reaction is an ad hominem.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Booked a river cruise to Vietnam and Cambodia that was similar to one Gerry and SJ went on for less than £2000. Was there fore 15 days May/June 2018

I don't have the necessary skills, can't cook, not that brilliant at housework or DIY and can't dance
And how much was airfare? And assume you have an income?

Reactions: 3
[QUOTE="Working class girl, post: 3568607, member:

[/QUOTE]

So it is you Natti Couldn’t have described your lack of attributes better myself ...😝😝

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.