The Chateau Diaries #107 IJ. my legs are more beautiful, SJ ah yes but mine can open further

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Since I have to head to bed.
After I have perused the nominations from all you talented tattlers it was a very difficult choice! I thought I would go off script and award it to someone in the château world. So it goes to Nick’s Marie as quoted by RGA. I thought it was an apt description and conveyed the vibe of the place we like to tattle about!
85C62AF9-1CE9-4600-A9BA-13111E31719B.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Unfortunately for Tattered and Silly, there is only 3 days to go and I think a few sponsors backed out, as they are now at
$9,198 of their $530,592 goal. Better luck next time, and I hope you get your escrow deposit back. SMH- you guys COULD have had it had you properly marketed it, and produced better content. But, le non, if this was any indication of how you jokers would have handled actually owning and hosting your purported events, well, the writing is on the wall- you've been a lazy lot, and even Fanny's good luck could not save you (you had the entire world at your hands and did not do anything to capitalise upon this). Better luck next time. It looks like Sillymar will be giving tango lessons from a camper van at this point, while Tattered may or may not keep hosting BNB's from her dank AF UK home.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Since I have to head to bed.
After I have perused the nominations from all you talented tattlers it was a very difficult choice! I thought I would go off script and award it to someone in the château world. So it goes to Nick’s Marie as quoted by RGA. I thought it was an apt description and conveyed the vibe of the place we like to tattle about!View attachment 1001302
Especially awesome as this made SJ squirm and she didn't like it!! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Where I live is basically full of aged retirement people. My friend charges a 100 Euros per day for refitting bathrooms, kitchens etc. They all use him as he is by far cheaper than all the other English contractors. Dan charged 120 a day when he advertised. Being a Chef doing long hours, I thought I read 150 Europe's but it was 120 Euros.. I have to work 15 hours to earn that. Dan's rates are high for a jack of all trades. But good on him for getting that.
Friends of ours have a man like Dan working for them, he is selfemployed...he charges them 25 euros an hour..here in The Netherlands..our gardener has like 15 euros an hour, netto without taxes....he is employed by us..we use the collective labour agreement..Last year we needed more help with the garden...i hired a company in...they charged me 60 euros an hour for a 23 year old man... :oops: ... i declined...and did the work myself..

• Wow
Reactions: 23
In the words of a parodied "Katy Perry" of "I kissed a squirrel and I liked it..." (based on me catching my male dog with a squirrel pinned down ("Look mama! I finally caught him! And now what do I do with it?" "Cheesus christ, NO- bad dog! Let him go!") It became a debaucle- I had to call the vet, "WELL, Atlas finally caught Tufty, who was not playing, and Tufty bit Atlas' ear." "Okay, so does Atlas need to be seen or Tufty?" "Dammit, woman, Atlas finally caught the damn squirrel, and got bit." "Um, good on Atlas- it has always been his goal, and you should praise him on his lifetime accomplishment (I am not even joking- suspect the vet was his enabler) but this is why he gets his annual rabies vaccine. Just clean his wounds, and unless he acts odder than he usually does, call." SMH. I actually felt worse for Tufty, the squirrel!

• Haha
Reactions: 12

I came across this article. Very sad but interesting too. There seems to be a theme of British not learning French, when they move to France. Interesting the the French thought their ideas were not achievable but still entertained their schemes.

Friends of ours have a man like Dan working for them, he is selfemployed...he charges them 25 euros an hour..here in The Netherlands..our gardener has like 15 euros an hour, netto without taxes....he is employed by us..we use the collective labour agreement..Last year we needed more help with the garden...i hired a company in...they charged me 60 euros an hour for a 23 year old man... :oops: ... i declined...and did the work myself..
Free cardio too!

• Wow
Reactions: 17
okay, you're allowed a mini break, a breather, but please don't leave leave. I take breathers once in a while when someone irritates me, we all need that, but don't let this cause you to leave leave.
Winter in the northern hemisphere, full moon just passed, pandemic still going. Spring will come, flowers will bloom, the sun will shine, not sure about the pandemic. CD vlogs will once again provide us with life, love and laughter and plenty of juicy gossip!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I watched the family from US - Lady Chaterlaine Productions- from December when they were spending their last days. They discussed the need to learn to open and secure the shutters with shutter dogs. (they hadn’t done so on one window which caused some masonry damage). I swear I sat up alert like @T Rex’s Atlas at the mention of shutter dogs.

• Haha
  • Heart
I came across this article. Very sad but interesting too. There seems to be a theme of British not learning French, when they move to France. Interesting the the French thought their ideas were not achievable but still entertained their schemes.
This is, unfortunately, not uncommon in other parts of the world. Many Americans think they can start viable businesses in Mexico, Central and South America because the cost of living is cheaper. I've read stories of people having to come back to the states for whatever reason, and upon returning to their business and/or home south of the border find that it's been taken over by gangs or destroyed, and there's nothing they can do about it. Rarely is the grass greener on the other side if there's any grass at all!

• Heart
O...M...F...G...!!!!....That was INTENSE!!!!!...Did Drew Barrymore or Jessica Lange win any awards for that movie???...If not then they should have!!!...especially Drew...That accent alone gave me the shivers!!!!...Brava, girls...BRAVA!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I noticed too. Mummy’s a little chunky!
imagine, having lived a quite life with your husband....and that hysterical woman comes back in your life...together with another nutcase , who she really doesnt approve off or even like...one who has no means nor talents of his own..not even able to have a good conversation with..and looks like a creature out of a J.k Rawling book....I bet she hoped Fan would end up with a rich businessman...now she is stuck with two nutcases at her table..instead of one.. The conversation she and Fanny had about coming back to Lalande was also telling...not one word too many was said..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I totally don't remember seeing this tour of Nic & Marie's apartment back in February 2020 ... still not worked on, other than the bathroom.

Reactions: 9
Just watched again, and love how mummy gives Dan a shout and says he's done a lot!! Dan is still mummy's favorite!! :)
i have the feeling all the Ians have hung their tools in the trees...the only one working there now is Dan..you still can do a lott of renovations inside...there is something going on with her workforce..How long its been since they actually did something there??

Reactions: 32
I remember also a screenshot of Dan's leaflet here where his prices were stated. 120€/day if I remember correctly.
In Australia the average for a gardener is $45/hr. That's for someone to mow the lawn and do the edges and take the cuttings away. Dan and Annalise should move.

Reactions: 10
I watched the family from US - Lady Chaterlaine Productions- from December when they were spending their last days. They discussed the need to learn to open and secure the shutters with shutter dogs. (they hadn’t done so on one window which caused some masonry damage). I swear I sat up alert like @T Rex’s Atlas at the mention of shutter dogs.
Oh goodie! SJ can turn those shutter dogs she bought into cash again! :LOL:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.