The Chateau Diaries #107 IJ. my legs are more beautiful, SJ ah yes but mine can open further

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So after watching tonights cadeaux we learn that BJJ had playmobil advent calendar as sent to Antoine, yet told us he had only brochures when playing with Davey stuff months ago. I wish he would shut up, no one is interested in his opinion and fiction, he just makes stuff up to try and include himself in any / all conversations as he has nothing to add of his own.
Snorty has side comments with his bubble friend and takes focus from SJ and later the the two share an inside joke that SJ was clueless about. Her mom repeatedly says how she likes the kimono, I think she was hoping to get that gift. Mutiny led by squirrel boy and SJ doesn’t see it because she is too busy unwrapping envelopes, who mails a pack envelopes?

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Biffy AWOL reckons Pa has found some headless medieval statues out by the barn. Don't understand why he thinks they're medieval. They were found in a pit with old kitchen debris and bits of glass, so more likely to be from the Victorian era. The current house was built in around 1920, but I think there have been houses on the site before. The headless statues were found next to Queenie's stall.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Hello Tattlers! Long time lurker here, first time poster.
I came accross the CD at the beginning of the pandemic, through the DIY chanel, when Stephanie was presented as Madam Mystery in their end of vlog sketch: My first opinion was “what an eccentric woman. I like her! What kind of world does she live in? I wish I could spend quarantine in a castle; let’s see what her life is like”. And I was hooked! I fell under Stephanie’s spell and charm. Today, I finally feel like I have something to contribute and I am very curious in hearing your thoughts. Thank you for bearing with me.

A little about me, I am a millennial from Canada that has spent have spent the better part of what little free time I have over the two last years completely enthralled with CD and have watched the entire channel. I loved the castle and I adored Stephanie. She really made me feel like I was a part of her inner circle; she has a way of reeling you in. Things started feeling off for me when she began the Cadeau Unwrapped Channel. Until then, I hadn’t really cared that she was always on vacation and not so focused on the chateau, but over time, something started to feel off about her vapid responses to everything and her insatiable need for attention and validation

Stephanie reminded me of my best friend who has histrionic personality disorder (HPD). So, I looked up “chateau diaries stephanie histrionic disorder” online to see if someone else had came to the same conclusion as me and I found this site. However, the only mention of a disorder for Stephanie on this forum was eating related, but not HPD.

I used the search function and it really doesn’t appear that this has been explored, but if it has, I am sorry for bringing it up again. In sum, Histrionic Personality Disorder is from the Cluster B of personality disorders: Antisocial, Narcissistic, Bordeline, and Histrionic. It is common of children(notably women) of narcissistic parents (IJ seems a likely narcissist, and many here agree on this already I’ve seen).

I feel like the more people who know of this, the less people will get caught up her love bombing and her theatrics, and the better chance she has of getting the help she needs. She is unwell, deeply sad and depressed, and it is causing so much harm in her personal relationships and all those around her. Personally, it was such a relief to finally understand why I was suffering in my relationship with my best friend who has HPD and I hope others can find some relief as well from understanding why Steph is the way she is. If anyone is closed to Stephanie and is reading this, spread the word, please.

So here we go:

The American Psychiatric Association diagnoses a personality as being histrionic if it has at least five of the following traits

• A compulsion to be the center of attention that results in discomfort if unmet
  • Inappropriate sexual, seductive or provocative behavior when interacting with others
  • Shallow, rapidly shifting emotions
  • The use of physical appearance to draw others’ attention
  • Dramatic, impressionistic speech that lacks detail
  • Exaggerated, theatrical emotional expression
  • Easily influenced by others or situations
  • Assumes relationships are more intimate than they are
I think you will find that Stephanie checks every box.
Sorry for the long post! I wanted to be polite and introduce the whole context so thank you for reading this far!

What do you think fellow tattlers? Is this way off?
A lot of Tattlers here think Stefanny suffers from narsissistic personality disorder but I don't. It has been discussed ad infinitum but I think she is way too high functioning to be a narcissist. It's just fashionable to lable everybody people don't agree with as a narc. I don't really support diagnosing anyone based on video clips but if I must, I would definitely go with the histrionic personality disorder, too.

Reactions: 37
Just watched this on YouTube and almost choked with laughter…Stephanie Jarvis…”My Struggle”….😆😆😆. Didn’t someone else write a book with that name? 🤔 Oh….and the narrator makes it look like Michael is some kind of financial wizard, helping SJ to monetize her channel! Too bad he couldn’t succeed with his own channel.

F5A2F5D7-ED38-44CA-ABB9-D834418E1A57.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Am I the only one who wonders how many bears Jikki killed with his muscles?

And I mean the animal bears, by the way.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
They really are. Being a professional filmmaker really shows. I can't imagine they have made very much money from paying guests. They have to be raking it in with youtube/patreon and sponsored videos. I hope they share details on what this kitchen reno is going to cost.
I have no idea what the cost of a kitchen is in France but my kitchen reno in 2019 cost AUD$40k for a partial as I didn't have to replace the granite benchtops. I hope their patrons and coffee buyers are feeling generous.

• Heart
Hello Tattlers! Long time lurker here, first time poster.
I came accross the CD at the beginning of the pandemic, through the DIY chanel, when Stephanie was presented as Madam Mystery in their end of vlog sketch: My first opinion was “what an eccentric woman. I like her! What kind of world does she live in? I wish I could spend quarantine in a castle; let’s see what her life is like”. And I was hooked! I fell under Stephanie’s spell and charm. Today, I finally feel like I have something to contribute and I am very curious in hearing your thoughts. Thank you for bearing with me.

A little about me, I am a millennial from Canada that has spent have spent the better part of what little free time I have over the two last years completely enthralled with CD and have watched the entire channel. I loved the castle and I adored Stephanie. She really made me feel like I was a part of her inner circle; she has a way of reeling you in. Things started feeling off for me when she began the Cadeau Unwrapped Channel. Until then, I hadn’t really cared that she was always on vacation and not so focused on the chateau, but over time, something started to feel off about her vapid responses to everything and her insatiable need for attention and validation

Stephanie reminded me of my best friend who has histrionic personality disorder (HPD). So, I looked up “chateau diaries stephanie histrionic disorder” online to see if someone else had came to the same conclusion as me and I found this site. However, the only mention of a disorder for Stephanie on this forum was eating related, but not HPD.

I used the search function and it really doesn’t appear that this has been explored, but if it has, I am sorry for bringing it up again. In sum, Histrionic Personality Disorder is from the Cluster B of personality disorders: Antisocial, Narcissistic, Bordeline, and Histrionic. It is common of children(notably women) of narcissistic parents (IJ seems a likely narcissist, and many here agree on this already I’ve seen).

I feel like the more people who know of this, the less people will get caught up her love bombing and her theatrics, and the better chance she has of getting the help she needs. She is unwell, deeply sad and depressed, and it is causing so much harm in her personal relationships and all those around her. Personally, it was such a relief to finally understand why I was suffering in my relationship with my best friend who has HPD and I hope others can find some relief as well from understanding why Steph is the way she is. If anyone is closed to Stephanie and is reading this, spread the word, please.

So here we go:

The American Psychiatric Association diagnoses a personality as being histrionic if it has at least five of the following traits

• A compulsion to be the center of attention that results in discomfort if unmet
  • Inappropriate sexual, seductive or provocative behavior when interacting with others
  • Shallow, rapidly shifting emotions
  • The use of physical appearance to draw others’ attention
  • Dramatic, impressionistic speech that lacks detail
  • Exaggerated, theatrical emotional expression
  • Easily influenced by others or situations
  • Assumes relationships are more intimate than they are
I think you will find that Stephanie checks every box.
Sorry for the long post! I wanted to be polite and introduce the whole context so thank you for reading this far!

What do you think fellow tattlers? Is this way off?
Welcome! My husband is a therapist and is of the same conclusion, FWIW.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I have no idea what the cost of a kitchen is in France but my kitchen reno in 2019 cost AUD$40k for a partial as I didn't have to replace the granite benchtops. I hope their patrons and coffee buyers are feeling generous.
Totally depends on how much you do yourself and who you get to do the work. Also what materials you choose.

I really don’t understand the fascination with high end kitchens. But then again it’s just me and hubs, no kids, and not tons of entertaining. I find it totally hilarious when people trick out their kitchen and they can barely cook.

Reactions: 27
Exacto. Working class habits = frite sauce on the table in its bottle. Not to mention tablecloths and napkin rings, instead of linen placemats and a fresh napkin at every meal.
My dear Mumma would be horrified at a sauce bottle on the table. Setting the table every evening was the kids job and it was always linen serviettes and tablecloths. Heaven forbid if you tried to take shortcuts.

Reactions: 9
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Edd could not get hold of anyone. Steph's fallen asleep. WTF!!!
From the live chat...

Bordeaux Life @Philip Janssen evening, we wanted to put a vlog out after this vlog, can I be cheeky and ask how long it is? (we couldnt get hold of anyone)

bee french @bordeaux life please don’t rush cadeaux. We are already suffering from only seeing our fav 2x per week

Philip Janssen @Bordeaux Life Hiya!! Steph’s fallen asleep, so that might explain why The vlog is just under 42 minutes long, so it should finish by 10pm French time :)

Bordeaux Life @Philip Janssen thank you so much!! This looks like a fun cadeaux!!! Rave whistle and so many beautiful christmas pieces
Stephanie is sleeping at 9:00 p.m. & can't get up for the live chat???? She's either ill with covid or pregnant!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
i doubt that sj makes her boyfriend pay for much, she doesnt even seem to make him work that much. because of the income that patreon provides, no one is going to be in a hurry to give it up, and if there are fools out there willing to pay, why should anyone give it up. thats not what grifters do
Like I've said many times before Patreon doesn't work in chateauverse, the money goes straight into property which is a direct contribution to personal wealth. At least they should have the decency to tell beforehand where the money will be spent on and then patrons could make an informed decision if they want to contribute to their cause. The Fleuries are doing that, but SJ is not.

I was a patron of the Fleuries last year but didn't renew my patronship. The young family took a gamble putting all their savings into a new business and because of the Covid uncertainty I decided to donate a bit to their emergency funds if things would go belly up. Now they have a successful YT channel and B&B business, they'll be fine. I will continue to enjoy their videos and root for them because they have discipline, they work really hard, they’re passionate people, they know what they love and they work towards that, and they have talent to boot.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Just watched this on YouTube and almost choked with laughter…Stephanie Jarvis…”My Struggle”….😆😆😆. Didn’t someone else write a book with that name? 🤔 Oh….and the narrator makes it look like Michael is some kind of financial wizard, helping SJ to monetize her channel! Too bad he couldn’t succeed with his own channel.

View attachment 996509
The abundant use of irrelevant stock footage is a hoot!

• Haha
They are paying for the kitchen from their own pocket. That's why the discussion that their add revenue must be more than $4/1000 views. They also have a sponsor. They must be raking in same amount of YT money than SJ?

Reactions: 15
Stephanie is sleeping at 9:00 p.m. & can't get up for the live chat???? She's either ill with covid or pregnant!
Covid, booze, covid, booze, snorts slipping her sleep aides to keep her down, Covid, booze...you get it rinse, wash repeat...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
A lot of Tattlers here think Stefanny suffers from narsissistic personality disorder but I don't. It has been discussed ad infinitum but I think she is way too high functioning to be a narcissist. It's just fashionable to lable everybody people don't agree with as a narc. I don't really support diagnosing anyone based on video clips but if I must, I would definitely go with the histrionic personality disorder, too.
Thank you for your thoughts. I’m also of the opinion she is not narcissistic. So high functioning: As you’ve mentioned, Narcissistic PD is usually the go-to when people are attention seeking. Sometimes, people who have histrionics show characteristics from other Cluster B types, like narcissistic PD. This may be the case with StephaMe.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Covid, booze, covid, booze, snorts slipping her sleep aides to keep her down, Covid, booze...you get it rinse, wash repeat...
Maybe the reunion with mini apron didn't go well and she retired to her room early :ROFLMAO: or maybe it was the free booze in business class?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Xd
Yes I think the key thing with them is they are telling their patreons exactly where the money goes. There is no wool being pulled over their eyes. They can choose to be a patreon with full knowledge of what money is for.
Unlike Fanny who says it's for restoration and uses it to fund her lifestyle and at the best the occasional renovation (different from restoration) but her die hard fans can't understand or choose not to see this.
Actually I don't see any difference in fleuries buying themselves a fancy kitchen or Steph buying herself a chandelier. Both are showing clearly on what they spend their money, we just don't like on what S spends it. I was a bit put off the way Anna talked about her kitchen like it being the hell on earth. For 2,5 years? What a pain.... 🙄Lots of people would love to have such space for a kitchen. And lots of people live a happy life with a IKEA kitchen. (and Ikea kitchens are not even the cheapest kitchens imp) She had all the necessary working appliances, lots of storage, light and even fancy decoration. Just because they made a bad decision where to put the sink...Now the will waste 40000 or even more and customer made cupboards, another useless but cool looking aga and a wine cooler to have a insta worthy cuisine. Sure, it's more sensible invested money than Stephs but nonetheless grifted.

Reactions: 17
Not Stephending but SJ has been diagnosed here with everything from thyroid disease to ectopic pregnancies, and various mental disorders with may or may not be the case. We only see small clips of what she’s like and of course your going to be “on” if you’r vloging or you’ll end up with videos as dull as Dulmars

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.