The Chateau Diaries #107 IJ. my legs are more beautiful, SJ ah yes but mine can open further

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The sad thing is that SJ thinks she’s trying to save the chateau, but in the wrong way…or she has no idea what she’s doing. So many times we’ve watched jobs that are botched or done half-way. Fundamental issues not addressed. More about looks than actual fixes. So, the chateau slowly decays but SJ doesn’t see it. I guess, in that way, it’s like the two Edies…letting their home crumble and not really seeing it.
The day will come where she or whoever comes after her has to sell the place and the first thing the new owners will do is get rid off the “quirky” interior like the downstairs loo, the expensive wallpaper or the wedgewood things stuck to the wall. All the energy and money they’re spending now is completely worthless to anyone else and will go up in smoke the second she leaves the place. It’s such an unsustainable approach considering that she wants to save the chateau.

Reactions: 34
Billy the deserter fixing the roof will be an ongoing affair for as long as they own the house. It is a dying art, so I'm glad he showed the process for other homeowners out there.
He used some music one of my favorite YouTubers, Levi Allen used years ago. It's off-topic but thought I'd share.

Riding a Walmart Raft off a 1000 ft. Waterfall - YouTube
indeed, in my opinion he better could use those 500000 for completely renovating that roof...now he has to go up after every storm..all those old hooks are gone..then to buy another moneypitt..to even have that cherrypicker from the chateau to the convent and back is a huge task...he not only needs to buy another cherrypicker but a truck too...and some one who can drive it...

Have to say his music choice is very interesting 🙄so to speak...that countrymusic is totally not fitting for a chateauvlog..

Billies repeated question for new volunteers isnt really going well..not even the curtainguy is coming back...:rolleyes:

Yesterday's Cadeau left me very sad, I could relate to the stories, having lost one parent in similar circumstances, but why write to Stephanie about it? Did they not find confort in real life? I feel sorry for them. And why is Stephanie exploiting these personal tragedies to appear as a new mother Theresa? And am I over sensitive, or was PJ even louder than usual from behind the tripod?
there was even one person pointing out she had no penny to spend...why send gifts?? the postage alone is a fortune..

it just looks like some people clear out their closet ..put it in a box and sent it off to Lalaland..what a lott of crap..:eek: who send his old clothes to there??

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
The day will come where she or whoever comes after her has to sell the place and the first thing the new owners will do is get rid off the “quirky” interior like the downstairs loo, the expensive wallpaper or the wedgewood things stuck to the wall. All the energy and money they’re spending now is completely worthless to anyone else and will go up in smoke the second she leaves the place. It’s such an unsustainable approach considering that she wants to save the chateau.
Some of these sloppy projects were probably made just to have a slot on chateau DIY: marketing, nothing else.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Just watched the statue found at Basmaignée. Very interesting indeed. They look medieval (late Middle Age) and still have some of their paint (statues, churches and cathedrals were all painted in very colorful way during the Middle Age).

Now they are supposed to declare their findings to the local prefecture and/or the local museums for archeology and local history purposes. Let's hope Gwen will know and do it. But I have my doubt... A shame as they could find out what it was.

Reactions: 24
It’s such an unsustainable approach considering that she wants to save the chateau.
Unsustainable is the perfect word to describe her behavior and the decisions she's responsible for. She clearly does not want to save the shittoo, but turn it into her private Barbie dollhouse. Welcome by the way!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Watching in FF mode Cadeaux at the Chateau...

So Steph gave 3.000 euros to the local association in Crozon-sur-Vauvres for their project (community bar + Internet café + community offices etc) ? She's well integrated in her local community now ! (irony ;) )

CD comments.

Why do people want to know who will inherit Lalande ? Why do they think it'll be Antoine ?
Do we know if Nic and Marie are married ? Even if they are, Lalande has 3 owners who have relatives and family (cousins, nephews, nieces, uncles, aunts etc) who will all have a share in the chateau too.

Sarah B

14 hours ago
Antoinne has grown up so much. He’s a credit to his lovely mum Marie and Elusive Nick

Hide 2 replies

Carol
7 hours ago
He absoluteh has . He is so sweet and to think one day when grown he will have a part in ownership of Chateau de Lalande. He loves it ther and wil have all of these memories of growing up there at least part time!

Dawn
1 hour ago
I was thinking the same. Michael Potts dose not seem to have children and of course Stephanie. Interesting. Just wish Nick would uncover. Saw him once awhile ago.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
there was even one person pointing out she had no penny to spend...why send gifts?? the postage alone is a fortune..

it just looks like some people clear out their closet ..put it in a box and sent it off to Lalaland..what a lott of crap..:eek: who send his old clothes to there?
So, she has given 23,000 Euros to charities from the Gift Grabs and hence she is basking in the glory and feeling so smug and self-congraulatory. Does she ever stop to think how much money could be sent directly to charities in the senders' own countries? With the amount they spend on postage and packing as well as on the gifts, it could well be the same or more than that amount. If people are not actually buying gifts for her but wasting a fortune on posting her their old/unwanted possessions, those could be sold by the owners and the money given to charity or the items taken directly to a charity shop. She thinks the donations she is making absolve her from the greed and materialism of accepting the gifts. In my opinion, it does not. Those vlogs expose her for what she is, a spoilt hedonist, collecting as many material possessions as she can and the more expensive and flashy, the better. It also taints the other residents and guests who appear in those videos. Last night, Maaike's mother was really begging for the kimono and it made her look bad. SJ really needs to put a stop to that nonsense. She would also save herself a great deal of customs charges. No other chateau owners receive anything like the excessive amount of gifts that she does. They may get sent the odd present but they are nowhere near as acquisitive and greedy for it as she is. It all puts her in an extremely bad light. I can only imagine how smug she will be when she finds a South African cause to donate to as she promised to in last night's fiasco. Also, the thought of her and Villiotti together doesn't bear thinking about. I just hope they don't parade that poor student showing her gratitude to the charlatan chatelaine.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Not Stephending but SJ has been diagnosed here with everything from thyroid disease to ectopic pregnancies, and various mental disorders with may or may not be the case. We only see small clips of what she’s like and of course your going to be “on” if you’r vloging or you’ll end up with videos as dull as Dulmars
SJ's official diagnosis is dipshititis with chronic assholism.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Appeared on my You Tube feed "So Chateaux TV".
French Architect and Interior Designer Jacques Garcia Chateau du Champ-de-Bataille, Normandy AMAZING and not furnished via Stephs charity shop finds.
The bedroom amused me with its sacred barrier in front of bed Steph must get one, just imagine Snorts pleading to be let through.
The display of China on corbels on wooden panelling, way to go Steph, not hot glued Wedgewood !
The gardens are superb and Dan, Kirstie, Davey, Nic and Matt have NO CHANCE.
Well worth a watch if a real Chateau is your thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yesterday's Cadeau left me very sad, I could relate to the stories, having lost one parent in similar circumstances, but why write to Stephanie about it? Did they not find confort in real life? I feel sorry for them. And why is Stephanie exploiting these personal tragedies to appear as a new mother Theresa? And am I over sensitive, or was PJ even louder than usual from behind the tripod?
Yes he was and he needed kicking into next week. Felt much the same about the whole video as you.

no updates from Southern Africa??????????? not even a photo with mummy?!
I hope Mummy gives them some stick, especially him.

Reactions: 17
@Clara Burnett, just wondering now it’s winter in France and looks very cold at LL, have all the hot glued doo-dads popped of the walls of the Wedgwood room?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Percy and BJJ were tasked with the gift grab live chat. bee french/Gerry, S Private/SJ, Laura Claudia/IJ, were chatty 🤔.
@40:06 Antoine is bored and is wielding a sharp knife. 😂 He may be the wild card at the chateau. 😈 @Marty McFly 9 also got a shoutout. 😂

Before the flog...👍, Has the gift arrived and will it be opened??? Who's at Lalande???

Diana Elizabeth Bashford Please remember to press the thumbs up button
Jan Anderson Oh, darn I have to leave to run an errand am going to miss the premiere, but I will watch once I'm back home. I hope my tea I sent in September shows up.
Anthony Lewis Churchill Who's looking after the Chateau at the moment?

Philip Janssen Hi everyone!!
Philip Janssen How is everyone doing? :)

They are all at the beach house, getting heat stroke????
Percy Attfield Hello from warm Southbroom, South Africa.
Percy Attfield @emylimiw hello all well. The heat has sent Isabelle and others off to sleep
Percy Attfield @thelma Nejman Scotsman did some swimming today I think that plus the sun has sent him to sleep early
Philip Janssen @Gill Kemp We did! I hear Isabelle wears factor 50 every day

CasperP hello @Philip Janssen hope you are enjoying your vacation
Philip Janssen @Debra Brook @CasperP @Helen Stella I am, thank you! X

Gill Kemp @PhilipJanssen hope we get to see some pics soon
Philip Janssen @Gill Kemp Steph has been filming, so it should be in one of the next Château Diaries!

bee french @philip janssen bonsoir if you are in South Africa, tell us what your impressions are, if you are comfortable
Philip Janssen @bee french @S Private We have arrived in South Africa! It such a beautiful country, I’m completely in awe Thank you for asking :)

Fans are not happy that there are no donations going to US charities.
maria13corvette Many subscribers are in the US, would like to see some money go to charities in the United States there are needy people there too.

Hell has frozen over????
Philip Janssen @TheSassy1962 Apparently the weather’s turned at Lalande and the moat is frozen over
Irene Meitz @Philip Janssen is the ice thick enough to skate on the moat?
Percy Attfield @Irene Meitz not quite thick enough fir skating.
Philip Janssen @Irene Meitz I’ve been told it isn’t quite yet, but it wouldn’t be too long until they’d start daring each other to try it out
TheSassy1962 @Philip Janssen If they start skating on the moat, please tell Amaury to wear a coat, hat, and scarf because nobody wants to see his naked chest that bad. We'd rather he stay healthy...LOL
Philip Janssen @TheSassy1962 How cute!

Taylor H. Have amoury and nat made it back from argentina already, I was so concerned when I heard about the heat wave
Percy Attfield @Taylor h they are not back yet.

S Private jumps in...
S Private @Philip Janssen how long are you and Steph staying in SA?
Philip Janssen @S Private A couple of weeks! :)

S Private @Philip Janssen thank you! that's plenty of time for mother and daughter to get on each other's nerves LOL
Philip Janssen @S Private 😂😂😂

S Private @Linda Elliott my mom was released from hospital on Saturday and is staying with me day 2 she tells me I'm on HER nerves already! LO
S Private...then I told her she is here to stay for about 2 weeks..
Lesley Thomson Phillip Jensson roughly how long before you have to return to France is it a couple of weeks ??
Philip Janssen @Lesley Thomson It is!

bee french jumps in...
bee french @philip janssen thank you. I saw South Africa in steph previous vlogs but would love to see South Africa through “your eyes”. Would you consider doing a woodland watch episode from sa?
S Private @bee french great idea! please Philip? please???? SA woodland vlog! please?
Philip Janssen @bee french OMG I’d love to!! That’s a great idea! I’ll try and get some of the animals on camera - if I succeed, I’ll 100% share the video
Lesley Thomson Philip Janssen , have you been on safari yet ?????
Philip Janssen @Lesley Thomson Not yet! I’m super curious though :)

Percy Attfield @nokuthula duma Hermanus is a special town but this trip of Stephanie, Philip & Gerry is not long enough to also visit your special town.

Philip Janssen @Helen Stella I will! Steph’s been filming here, so you won’t have to miss them on the vlog much longer

Laura Claudia's turn...
Laura Claudia @Philip Janssen Enjoy your lovely stay, I hope you will have luck with everything you will do there!
Philip Janssen @Laura Claudia Thank you ❤

...more from SJ...
S Private what do we need to do to continue to build ad revenue on this chanell? click LIke, subscribe and comment?
Philip Janssen @S Private All of those things help with the YouTube algorithm :)
S Private @Philip Janssen thank you I want to ensure we continue to support the ad revenue it's such a great thing we can do to help others who need it
Philip Janssen @S Private❤

NINE Christmas gift grab flogs.😱
Philip Janssen I think after this one, there’s one final Christmas Cadeaux!
Angela Pa Right after this @Philip Janssen?
Philip Janssen @Angela Pa Next week! Right after this video @Bordeaux Life ‘s new vlog will premiere!

bee french gives TATTLERS a shout out, (parliament of owls).
bee french @philip janssen you receive such different gifts (eg transparent jacket, David apron , parliament of owls) so not surprised you get another one now.
Philip Janssen @bee french True! And the hedgehog post-its are amazing!!

Janine Regan Philip Janssen - maybe next year’s Christmas cadeaux should start in November to fit in all the gifts!
Philip Janssen @Janine Regan That’s a good idea! I’ll discuss it with Steph :)

kim gordon, NO ONE AT LALANDE CARES.
kim gordon @Philip Janssen did anyone figure out how to make a star?
Philip Janssen @Kim gordon I’m not sure! Marie spend quite some time figuring it out and I think Nati had a go as well, but I’m not sure if they succeeded! :)
kim gordon @Philip Janssen with a YouTube video I’m pretty sure she figured it out. Hopefully she leaves some paper for you guys lol.

I guess Percy won't be chatting on Thursday???
Percy Attfield Goodnight until next week.
Philip Janssen Thank you all so much! Head over to @Bordeaux Life to see their newest video premiere now!
S Private blessing for a fabulous week ahead, everyone!
Laura Claudia @Philip Janssen and @Percy Attfield Thank you for your company tonight, have a wonderful time!

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Appeared on my You Tube feed "So Chateaux TV".
French Architect and Interior Designer Jacques Garcia Chateau du Champ-de-Bataille, Normandy AMAZING and not furnished via Stephs charity shop finds.
The bedroom amused me with its sacred barrier in front of bed Steph must get one, just imagine Snorts pleading to be let through.
The display of China on corbels on wooden panelling, way to go Steph, not hot glued Wedgewood !
The gardens are superb and Dan, Kirstie, Davey, Nic and Matt have NO CHANCE.
Well worth a watch if a real Chateau is your thing.
Oh Pyke...... just looked at it ! Wow and another Wow !!!
Oh the interior , china, furniture and then the garden ....... my husband is doing a small orchid house down the back ..... no it does not look anything as grand as that but I have to show him.
I do hope they never get that box wood disease and I would love to be there when the roses are blooming.
Thank you - I really enjoyed it .
Eat your heart out Fanny!

bee french jumps in...
bee french @philip janssen thank you. I saw South Africa in steph previous vlogs but would love to see South Africa through “your eyes”. Would you consider doing a woodland watch episode from sa?
S Private @bee french great idea! please Philip? please???? SA woodland vlog! please?
Philip Janssen @bee french OMG I’d love to!! That’s a great idea! I’ll try and get some of the animals on camera - if I succeed, I’ll 100% share the video
Oh yes..... please do a Woodland Watch in SA but ....... stay with the camera ALL NIGHT....... that is when the hungry lions come out !!!!🤣🦁🦁🦏

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.