The Chateau Diaries #107 IJ. my legs are more beautiful, SJ ah yes but mine can open further

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He is a bit, but I finally watched the American vlogger that Dan idolizes ( https://www.youtube.com/c/Caseyneistatofficial/videos ) and it makes a lot of sense now at least to me. That vlogger has been at it for years and from the videos I watched, has been cocky for years as well. He's not exactly offensive but has done some stupid things on camera, has vlogs about luxury air travel, stupid stunts, etc. , not exactly the same as what Dan is doing but it seems to be rubbing off onto Dan.

It would be nice to see Dan back at his house finishing projects in the main living area and not at Lalande or in his mancave, but I guess that since he vlogs everyday that he just needs content wherever he gets it.
dan is still employed at the chateau and since there isnt a whole lot of work in the garden being done in the middle of winter, these projects are keeping him busy not to mention being paid. all these projects are things that should have been done but havent, and unless bjj intends to do them on his return, its good that dan is there to pick up the slack.

Reactions: 29
Just thought about the consequences IF Natti and Amaury should ever break up.

with Amaury leaving, she would loose a skilled handyman, who doesn’t shy away from work.

should Natti leave, Steffi would loose … she would loose her … what did Natti actually do?
I think I have written this before: I think we shouldn't underestimate the role of handling the super-needy super fans wanting to, resp. staying as B&B guests, it's not precious Stephanie who does that tedious work...so lots of admin, on top of that the whole parcel business. Maybe not a fulltime job, but managing a B&B business is time consuming, and if your boss is a chaotic showgirl, desperate for YT content, well that doesn't help either.

Reactions: 27
I agree that Natti comes across as clingy. She has to learn to give Amaury space and a little bit of a challenge or he will feel suffocated and lose interest. No doubt she is pushing for a commitment. Not a smart move this early in the relationship.
I had a friend who always said you should wait for the 'WART SYNDOME "before considering a long term relationship meaning...
Wait long enough to see the negatives in a person, Everything seems rosy at the beginning.
It will be Nutti that gets her walking papers if and when they break up, seems that Amoire is a serial monogamist he hooked up with someone from that singles party and I think there were others too. He’s a blood relative and has valuable skills so he’s not going to be the one leaving the shackteau. Bad bad idea

• Heart
Reactions: 24
dan is still employed at the chateau and since there isnt a whole lot of work in the garden being done in the middle of winter, these projects are keeping him busy not to mention being paid. all these projects are things that should have been done but havent, and unless bjj intends to do them on his return, its good that dan is there to pick up the slack.
I don't disagree he likely gave her a list before she left and said, "I want to do this to keep busy" but this is not CD it's his vlog and I guess that I am pretty much sick of Lalande content , perhaps it annoys me more because his job was one thing but lately he has been roped in for more like making emergency trips to the chateau to help with floods and countless radiator trips.
I guess that I would rather see his own content, but I also don't entirely agree with kids on camera even if they seem to be enjoying themselves on camera.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
She’s pretty obvious
Caroline added a comment to Dan’s vlog from yesterday reminding him to put the door back on the pantry ‘because if the mice and hedgehogs’ as though Dan wouldn’t think to do that? Dan solves the issues the rest of Chateau Shitshow causes. She’s unreal.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
She doesn't look well at all. And I'm not speaking of a cold or a flu or Covid.

She's not the same sparkling woman we saw in the first vlogs.

Question : are Dan's Patrons vlogs always like this one ?
The vlogs are pretty low key and Annaliese films them, Dan hasn’t been in a lot of them recently. They usually revolve around a day of activities. She’s been more vibrant when she’s travelled to see friends and family. Glad that she’s found a job close by and that she can develop more connections. In her blogs there seems to be a few expat families that have small children that they do activities with but still good to meet more people.

Reactions: 17
Any sophisticated chateau occupant should know proper English:

real-historical-words-11-5a5c8239a8824__605.jpg
real-historical-words-6-5a5c822e960a4__605.jpg

real-historical-words-17-5a5c82458cbe3__605.jpg

real-historical-words-21-5a5c824d8c016__605.jpg

real-historical-words-10-5a5c823790a7e__605.jpg

1.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Would the post office deliver daily or a couple of times a week? I’m wondering if extra staff or routes now needed. I think we worked out in an earlier thread, based on SJ’s comments of being 6 months behind with gift opening, that there must be around 100 parcels waiting to be opened at any given time. Wonder where are they stored?
The expensive ones have already been “cherry picked” ie- the genuine pearls- valuable china etc

Reactions: 11
BTW The Fleuries are killing it and their recap is going viral. 16K new subs already and 4000views/hour.
They really are. Being a professional filmmaker really shows. I can't imagine they have made very much money from paying guests. They have to be raking it in with youtube/patreon and sponsored videos. I hope they share details on what this kitchen reno is going to cost.

Reactions: 19
The stuffed animals must irritate the hell out of them but the focus has shifted from renovation into gossipy relationshits and so has her audience. The old skool fans are here tattling and her new audience don't care about anything else than the drama. SJ knows no boundaries and she'll overshare and exploit people around her for money. So, the drama continues as long as she can get away with it and her stans continue protecting her. When will the mutiny begin with her 'friends' and they make her to stop telling people more than they need to know? If you think of Nutty, FRK, Phillipa, Potty, Bag head etc. They're showcased like a bunch of idiots. And are in her videos only to provide us with fodder for more gossip (and revenue for her.)
It would be interesting to know what percentage of fans who stay at the Shittoo continue being fans once they have had a real-life taste of the LLL/live laugh love potion. Does the addiction stop 🤯🤮👿💔💣🕳, or does it continue💞💫💘🍭🥂🎉🥇😍🥳?

Reactions: 20
The expensive ones have already been “cherry picked” ie- the genuine pearls- valuable china etc
I’m sure you are right. The tax man cometh. There is a vlog to substantiate the receipt of and taxes for each gift. That’s the number one reason to end Cadeaux followed closely by every other valid reason the tattlers have stated. If you were an intelligent person who really wanted to renovate your chateau with the Patreon money and not pay maximum taxes, that is.

Maybe a better title for Chateau Diaries is Becoming Grey Gardens.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Just out of curiosity, what makes Natti seem clingy?

Watching Sadie's vlog, and I had a realization that Mo is pretty attractive...he's been flying under the radar, but he's attractive, helpful, kind, works, has hardworking friends. I'm a fan. It really says a lot-- where the fruck was Billy and MPK to help clean out THEIR CRAP from the stalls?!! Two grown men and neither showed up for their sister who's providing a horse and income revenue (riding school) for the chateau! Then there's Mo who has actual friends who actually come over to help out clear crap in between their work schedules. I'm sure they were paid for their time but did billy or mpk care to do it on their own? I wonder if they see any horse related content as solely Sadie's responsibility?

Anyway, unassuming Mo, the underrated champ in the chateauverse !

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I don't know if any of you listen to podcasts but I found it interesting to hear Julia (from The Chateau Sisters) discuss how properties are cheap but renovating them is very expensive in France. She also mentions the cost of living is high. It really brings home the point (to me at least) that most of these chateau owners are probably pretty wealthy to begin with. And, it is absolutely ridiculous to think you can do it on the cheap.
This is my first time running across this podcast, no clue if it is actually any good or not.

Reactions: 12
It would be interesting to know the exact legal situation of Dan, Nattie and Amaury.

Are they declared as self-employed (social charges paid to the French State by themselves) ? In this case, Dan doesn't have to do all sorts of works around the chateau if nothing can be done in the garden. But he seems to have only one employer (Lalande) which doesn't give him much freedom and is a bit risky when you are self-employed.

Are they declared as Lalande's employees (social charges paid by the employer) and paid, let's say, every month ?
In this case, it changes the amount of money paid by the employer for one employee.

I wonder if the Patrons have been told of these "details" ?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.