The Chateau Diaries #107 IJ. my legs are more beautiful, SJ ah yes but mine can open further

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, her main place of residence is in Framlingham, close to the brother from another mother indeed, a rather small house as far as I know...

17126941_332205957182333_6187192890045759488_n.jpg

Framlingham
MARCH 17, 2017
stephanieejarvis
Home in Suffolk! But my Turkish bathrobe and pomegranate tea are reminding me of Istanbul

16122708_743843349100892_938603319436247040_n(1).jpg

Framlingham
JANUARY 15, 2017
stephanieejarvis
Ahhh, England. My sleepy childhood village is the perfect place to recover from Christmas festivities.

87349819_159807588813823_1123813180768725227_n(1).jpg

Southbroom, Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa
FEBRUARY 27, 2020
stephanieejarvis

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Oh I love them . When Kirsten and joerg travel they actually walk about where real people are . They might like quality but it’s not over the top ostentatious. They don’t Twitter and laugh raucously and they do a bit of everything .
nicholas is ok in small amounts so his shirt videos work just fine . His range of bespoke items is well out of my price range but hey he’s giving back something for the money as opposed to ….
I enjoy K&J videos, they have good film technique, drone shots and music. They stay in expensive places, usually historic and do not think they are clever or better than anyone for doing so. They do what they enjoy and have their own style which they share with their viewers, simple, if you don't like it don't watch. They also laugh at themselves and have the extra dimension of telling what it is like to be German in UK, I did not think we were so different, but they time and again show we are, from house prices, cooking, snacks and even paying at the supermarket (no chitty chatty with the cashier).
Kirsten is the polar opposite to Steph !

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@ OhIDontKnow said You tube doesn’t pay unless you have 4m followers. It’s $4.00 per thousand views. You can’t monetize unless you have 1000 followers and 5000 viewing hours.

Yes you're partially right, the rules were changed 4 or 5 years ago before then it was much easier to earn money from Ytube. Most of those (YTubers) I referred to made accounts before the rule change. The 4m followers can't be right because they all had (& have) below that number & were well paid & sucessful. The cpm varies, it depends on the content, country & advertiser. I have to add that most of them lose (& gain) views & subs (30,000 - 50,000) & reduced their video content. But it doesn't really affect them because they have established their businesses & business partnerships. I wonder what SJ will do if she loses 30,000 - 50,000 subs? Her channel needs a relaunch (back to basics) & needs to get rid of the gift channel & supporting acts (including the camera man).

@ lolander said I don't understand where people get these crazy numbers and think vlogging is a goldmine.

A lot of businesses & people are on Ytube because they see it as an easy way to make money & the chateau community see it as a gold mine for begging. They use their Ytube channels to advertise their business & beg viewers for money, they can beg on other social media platforms but I think they get a better response through Ytube.
Socialblade.com still uses $4/1000 views to estimate the earnings, YouTube is very vague explaining how the add revenue is formed. You are right about the fact that YouTube has been the launchpad for Patreon accounts and the real money lies there. Only the Fleuries and SJ have enough views to make proper revenue from their channels, for others it's still a hobby. But every chateauverse channel receives money from Patreon.

Reactions: 11
Karynn Lynn
8 hours ago
I love Phillip's voice behind the camera. Maybe it's his accent but I find it very soothing. Hoping to see more of Phillip in 2022!!

smolpuppyo'love
4 hours ago (edited)
Me too 😊, I think it was a particularly pointed comment about the noises he made behind the camera and since then, he's been a lot more quiet. Such a shame that thoughtless unkind comments can affect his behaviour and the rest of us miss out on his incredibly clever wit!🙁 I didn't reply to the original comment as I was trying to behave myself and ignore it and not give it the attention. I propose we all petition to "bring back Philip- snorts and all!"😀🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
The most interesting part is when he films out of the bathroom of the room they are staying, revealing once again the state of the woodwork of SJ's windows. There's really nothing that is not broken, rotten or in some form of decay at her HMN. And she thinks she can decorate it away.... This is one of the rooms she's using for her b&b too, just appaling.
I noticed that too. I liked seeing the place through someone else's camera. Pup was cute & I'm not even a dog person🙂

Reactions: 9
I might be mistaken, surely not but,,.

there are 3 superfans named carol/Caroline. Weaver, Gooder, and just Caroline or Carolyn

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Oh joy!

(just in case some of us horrible 15 tartellettes have LalalalaLande withdrawal sypmtoms :LOL:)
ENJOY!
Wow, the disappointment in Steph's voice that he's arriving early...'oh but but we were going to film getting your room ready' Just proving that everything is viewed as "content" and real friendships and experiences can never be truly enjoyed. Literally everyone is filming each other for their own vlogs...it's a mad world...

• Heart
Reactions: 29
A lot of Tattlers here think Stefanny suffers from narsissistic personality disorder but I don't. It has been discussed ad infinitum but I think she is way too high functioning to be a narcissist. It's just fashionable to lable everybody people don't agree with as a narc. I don't really support diagnosing anyone based on video clips but if I must, I would definitely go with the histrionic personality disorder, too.
I can't believe I am sinking as low as to comment on someone else like this, but I agree with Jikki. Also, IJ I would have thought is a real dark narc which would be the cradle for histrionic pd in a child. I would not go as far as disorder though, rather some traits of. I would also add, I do think her current young and snorty partner might just give her the attention and intimacy she craves and be a perfect companion. She in turn gives validation to someone who was bullied and misunderstood, sometimes two wrongs make a right.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
View attachment 997496
Karynn Lynn
8 hours ago
I love Phillip's voice behind the camera. Maybe it's his accent but I find it very soothing. Hoping to see more of Phillip in 2022!!

smolpuppyo'love
4 hours ago (edited)
Me too 😊, I think it was a particularly pointed comment about the noises he made behind the camera and since then, he's been a lot more quiet. Such a shame that thoughtless unkind comments can affect his behaviour and the rest of us miss out on his incredibly clever wit!🙁 I didn't reply to the original comment as I was trying to behave myself and ignore it and not give it the attention. I propose we all petition to "bring back Philip- snorts and all!"😀🤣
LMAO, how much do you want to bet that this is SNORTS???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

I actually kind of liked this video & the pup is adorable!
Once again didnt dissapoint, what did we learn
Stephy tells people that she is filming the preparation of their room and that they maybe will not have a place to sleep in in case they come sooner

Philipa wants to culr someone else's husband hair and he will have it straightened by him

Maria is actually a pianist (i was impressed) did sj ever feature her? I am afraid that maria is everything what sj will never be, deep intelligent wordly can cook like real chef and plays piano like a concert pianist, has a sense of style and presentation...

Stef invited "fiends" over but she eats without them ...

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I found this video interesting, he shows the analytics and $ amount for his youtube channel. His doesn't compare with SJ since he saw a huge jump in subscribers this year but I like how he explains how youtubers get paid. He also mentions older videos that keep getting views help (she has several of them). Youtube info starts at 17 seconds and goes until the 13 minute mark (channel is Spencer Cornelia).
Youtube.JPG

Reactions: 5
FRK does not wish Sarah Mack well...😶

View attachment 997509
I bet she (Sarah) fell ill when she saw the prices FRK was charging for her floral courses. Whatever money arrangement they had, I bet she decided she was not going to work for hours editing, showing Marie in a good light after having to watch hours of her rubbish "anyways" and "tee..he..heees" and Haworth Main Street cobbles and even more jam jars and select suitable music. Good Luck to Sarah, but pick your next co You Tuber a bit more carefully. Marie is going to busy now !! unless she finds some other fool to edit for her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Percy and BJJ were tasked with the gift grab live chat. bee french/Gerry, S Private/SJ, Laura Claudia/IJ, were chatty 🤔.
@40:06 Antoine is bored and is wielding a sharp knife. 😂 He may be the wild card at the chateau. 😈 @Marty McFly 9 also got a shoutout. 😂

Before the flog...👍, Has the gift arrived and will it be opened??? Who's at Lalande???

Diana Elizabeth Bashford Please remember to press the thumbs up button
Jan Anderson Oh, darn I have to leave to run an errand am going to miss the premiere, but I will watch once I'm back home. I hope my tea I sent in September shows up.
Anthony Lewis Churchill Who's looking after the Chateau at the moment?

Philip Janssen Hi everyone!!
Philip Janssen How is everyone doing? :)

They are all at the beach house, getting heat stroke????
Percy Attfield Hello from warm Southbroom, South Africa.
Percy Attfield @emylimiw hello all well. The heat has sent Isabelle and others off to sleep
Percy Attfield @thelma Nejman Scotsman did some swimming today I think that plus the sun has sent him to sleep early
Philip Janssen @Gill Kemp We did! I hear Isabelle wears factor 50 every day

CasperP hello @Philip Janssen hope you are enjoying your vacation
Philip Janssen @Debra Brook @CasperP @Helen Stella I am, thank you! X

Gill Kemp @PhilipJanssen hope we get to see some pics soon
Philip Janssen @Gill Kemp Steph has been filming, so it should be in one of the next Château Diaries!

bee french @philip janssen bonsoir if you are in South Africa, tell us what your impressions are, if you are comfortable
Philip Janssen @bee french @S Private We have arrived in South Africa! It such a beautiful country, I’m completely in awe Thank you for asking :)

Fans are not happy that there are no donations going to US charities.
maria13corvette Many subscribers are in the US, would like to see some money go to charities in the United States there are needy people there too.

Hell has frozen over????
Philip Janssen @TheSassy1962 Apparently the weather’s turned at Lalande and the moat is frozen over
Irene Meitz @Philip Janssen is the ice thick enough to skate on the moat?
Percy Attfield @Irene Meitz not quite thick enough fir skating.
Philip Janssen @Irene Meitz I’ve been told it isn’t quite yet, but it wouldn’t be too long until they’d start daring each other to try it out
TheSassy1962 @Philip Janssen If they start skating on the moat, please tell Amaury to wear a coat, hat, and scarf because nobody wants to see his naked chest that bad. We'd rather he stay healthy...LOL
Philip Janssen @TheSassy1962 How cute!

Taylor H. Have amoury and nat made it back from argentina already, I was so concerned when I heard about the heat wave
Percy Attfield @Taylor h they are not back yet.

S Private jumps in...
S Private @Philip Janssen how long are you and Steph staying in SA?
Philip Janssen @S Private A couple of weeks! :)

S Private @Philip Janssen thank you! that's plenty of time for mother and daughter to get on each other's nerves LOL
Philip Janssen @S Private 😂😂😂

S Private @Linda Elliott my mom was released from hospital on Saturday and is staying with me day 2 she tells me I'm on HER nerves already! LO
S Private...then I told her she is here to stay for about 2 weeks..
Lesley Thomson Phillip Jensson roughly how long before you have to return to France is it a couple of weeks ??
Philip Janssen @Lesley Thomson It is!

bee french jumps in...
bee french @philip janssen thank you. I saw South Africa in steph previous vlogs but would love to see South Africa through “your eyes”. Would you consider doing a woodland watch episode from sa?
S Private @bee french great idea! please Philip? please???? SA woodland vlog! please?
Philip Janssen @bee french OMG I’d love to!! That’s a great idea! I’ll try and get some of the animals on camera - if I succeed, I’ll 100% share the video
Lesley Thomson Philip Janssen , have you been on safari yet ?????
Philip Janssen @Lesley Thomson Not yet! I’m super curious though :)

Percy Attfield @nokuthula duma Hermanus is a special town but this trip of Stephanie, Philip & Gerry is not long enough to also visit your special town.

Philip Janssen @Helen Stella I will! Steph’s been filming here, so you won’t have to miss them on the vlog much longer

Laura Claudia's turn...
Laura Claudia @Philip Janssen Enjoy your lovely stay, I hope you will have luck with everything you will do there!
Philip Janssen @Laura Claudia Thank you ❤

...more from SJ...
S Private what do we need to do to continue to build ad revenue on this chanell? click LIke, subscribe and comment?
Philip Janssen @S Private All of those things help with the YouTube algorithm :)
S Private @Philip Janssen thank you I want to ensure we continue to support the ad revenue it's such a great thing we can do to help others who need it
Philip Janssen @S Private❤

NINE Christmas gift grab flogs.😱
Philip Janssen I think after this one, there’s one final Christmas Cadeaux!
Angela Pa Right after this @Philip Janssen?
Philip Janssen @Angela Pa Next week! Right after this video @Bordeaux Life ‘s new vlog will premiere!

bee french gives TATTLERS a shout out, (parliament of owls).
bee french @philip janssen you receive such different gifts (eg transparent jacket, David apron , parliament of owls) so not surprised you get another one now.
Philip Janssen @bee french True! And the hedgehog post-its are amazing!!

Janine Regan Philip Janssen - maybe next year’s Christmas cadeaux should start in November to fit in all the gifts!
Philip Janssen @Janine Regan That’s a good idea! I’ll discuss it with Steph :)

kim gordon, NO ONE AT LALANDE CARES.
kim gordon @Philip Janssen did anyone figure out how to make a star?
Philip Janssen @Kim gordon I’m not sure! Marie spend quite some time figuring it out and I think Nati had a go as well, but I’m not sure if they succeeded! :)
kim gordon @Philip Janssen with a YouTube video I’m pretty sure she figured it out. Hopefully she leaves some paper for you guys lol.

I guess Percy won't be chatting on Thursday???
Percy Attfield Goodnight until next week.
Philip Janssen Thank you all so much! Head over to @Bordeaux Life to see their newest video premiere now!
S Private blessing for a fabulous week ahead, everyone!
Laura Claudia @Philip Janssen and @Percy Attfield Thank you for your company tonight, have a wonderful time!
He really is the perfect consort. "Phillip, would you be a darling and smalltalk with the patreons tonight? For me?"

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Latest Escape to Rural France Patreon video. Annalise looks happy and it's upbeat, and for once she's not ill. Seems to be loving her new job. Kirsty is in the vid too.
I never dressed my boys the same (three year gap) and I find it odd when people do it. I always feel sorry for the littler one as not only do they have to grow into their clothes but then grow into and out of the hand me downs.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.