The Chateau Diaries #104 it was all claws on deck!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I noticed that too. The tree wasn't there (although the mess from removing it was) and then it was there again. How long will that digger last, being used for all sorts of things?
I remember when Dan was trying to talk Stephanie into buying the digger, he came up with all kinds of reasons why including being able to sell it in a few years and still get some good money for it. Davey was there too and he chimed in about how Dan must maintain the digger for it to last and still be worth anything. Davey has Dan’s number.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
well.she has staff who take care of her..but she always finds excuses to get me over there..a paper this..something else that..she thinks i have loads of time to sit with her all day and drink coffee with her ..but i dont have that time..i have the running of the estate..doing lott of things ourselves..i also have a job..i work for the government..she still thinks its like in my grandfathers time...well its not..thats sometimes hard..she knows i am busy but she keeps asking for attention..,, thats the most difficult part..in the past she had her own things..but now she cannot leave the house she wants me to sit with her all day..its not possible..she just ignores my work..oh she says..why do you have to work so much?? i am sure you can manage the place well.. 🙄 just hire some people in..:rolleyes:
Same with my MIL, but I found it helped when I wrote her or phoned her more often. It was easier to have a quick call or two everyday then to drive all the way and sit there for hours. I bought a huge box with postcards and send 2 or 3 per week. This seemed to satisfy her a little bit too. Also I made her "help" me like wrapping presents or things like that or wanted to drink only a special tea so she was busy organising it. Got a reputation of being picky 😂 It's almost like entertaining children, you learn some tricks. But it's hard, you want to help but the day just doesn't have enough hours

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I don't think I've revealed too much. I'd hate to be uninvited to future Basmaignee shindigs.
ok so we will see you sitting next to Ma..the next event..🙄 or are you holding hands under the table with teabeg..;)

I remember when Dan was trying to talk Stephanie into buying the digger, he came up with all kinds of reasons why including being able to sell it in a few years and still get some good money for it. Davey was there too and he chimed in about how Dan must maintain the digger for it to last and still be worth anything. Davey has Dan’s number.
Fair to say..when you have a place like that you need a digger...some tractors..a dumper and a cherrypicker....i hate to spoil the fun but you really need those..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
[QUOTE="Le Comte de Monte Cristo, post: 7852675, member: 199487

Fair to say..when you have a place like that you need a digger...some tractors..a dumper and a cherrypicker....i hate to spoil the fun but you really need those..
[/QUOTE]
Dan uses the digger for all of those purposes though, that's why I wonder how long it will last.

Reactions: 7
I noticed that too. The tree wasn't there (although the mess from removing it was) and then it was there again. How long will that digger last, being used for all sorts of things?
It's just B-roll of the tree that he took a while ago. Just bad editing.

Reactions: 13

Dan uses the digger for all of those purposes though, that's why I wonder how long it will last.
[/QUOTE]
I am actually more worried when he will hurt someone with the digger. A miracle that no accident happened sofar

Reactions: 12

[/QUOTE]
it will last..i dont see him using it wrongly..he has to check on oil and things like that....i hope he does..

[/QUOTE]
I am actually more worried when he will hurt someone with the digger. A miracle that no accident happened sofar
[/QUOTE]
Dan thinks he is the Man..of all trades..i hope all people get out of the way..especially his kids..

• Heart
Reactions: 17

[/QUOTE]

those kinds of machinery are used for a million things on a farm, they are made for it.

Reactions: 15
those kinds of machinery are used for a million things on a farm, they are made for it.
[/QUOTE]
My bad, guess you only need to buy one thing then and not waste your money on unnecessary extras.

Reactions: 4
i was amazed the Aldi in Norfolk is so big..i never buy in Aldi..but here they are very basic supermarkets....where you have to take your stuff out of the carton boxes.yourself..i am told..i always shop at AH..they even sell my favorite champagne..
I discovered Aldi back in the 90s in Italy- it was the only grocery store in my village, and I was fascinated by the concept- you needed a cinquecento lira coin to get a lorry, and would get it back upon return- brilliant! No parking lot filled with random buggies! We now have them in the US (the ones in Europe do have a much better selection), and while I usually do my grocery shopping at Publix or Whole Foods, I do get the majority of my produce at Aldi as you get the same quality for less (just stay away from the avocados and bananas). Mr. T Rex is not a fan, however, as he abhors having to finding a quarter for the buggy, and "schlepping my groceries into a bag- but oh wait, I forgot the f*cking bags and now have to buy some." SMH. While I am not a huge fan of some of their products, they are solid on most produce and chicken.

Reactions: 11
This is so much broken crap at that shitoo - the old Jag, broken lights, half an attic still cluttered with junk - clean it out, fix it, use it, organize it, throw it out or dontate it.
Remember a year ago she promised Cat that she'd do a spring clean before Cat came back... we all know what happened there.

She needs someone ruthless to come in with skips (again) and removed all the broken tit while she is away, because we know as a hoarder, she can't stand things being taken away!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Actually good point someone made re the no locks on the doors (except the new loo). If everyone has left, and SJ’s Dutch friend is in Marquis apt (where she normally stays according to Clara), any random person could be enter the grounds or the farmhouse itself. And SJ has an open invite for patreons to arrive and visit (in lieu of summer party 2020). I would be scared staying there by myself. I do wonder who Dan was cooking for.

Reactions: 24
Does Fortnum & Mason make an ass salve?
I wish I could say what I sent but it would defnitely out me to the Pethericks.
I can't understand this either. It would have been my first priority before opening for the last tourist season. As to Dan, maybe he's happy to get more and more air time and constantly puts himself forward. He seems to lap it up as much as SJ.
PREDICTION - there will be NO upgrades to the heating system in 2022 (likely even 2023)
- They still need to get quotes & then study the quotes (this is alot for SJ's little damsel in distress brain to understand)
- Any upgrades or expansion to the existing geothermal heating system will involve digging and construction
- Even if the geothermal work is ready to be done by summer 2022, they'll use the excuse not to do it because it may distrub the B&B guests
- So work can't begin until November 2022 & they have a small window in November before Christmas and they bugger off again in January 2023
- They'll also need a new, larger boiler system and that can't be installed until the geothermal work is done
- New pipes may need to be installed to handle the larger load on the heating system
- The 40+ new radiators can't be done until the geothermal work is complete, new boiler system is installed, and the pipe work is finished
- SJ wil want to redesign some part of the shitoo and that will hold up installation .......and so on and so on. and so on ........
- SJ won't contract & pay proper heating technicians to do much of the work - instead Dan, Amuary, Ian etc. will be told to do most of the work inbetween any of they other jobs

The downstairs loo was 18 months (and counting) and heating is a much larger, more expensive propostion, It's construction and SJ only likes decoration. If the heating was fixed, then SJ would have no excuse to swan off to warm climates during the winter & would have to stay home in January/February.

So dear tartlets, heating will be just like the Chapel & every other project at the shittoo ......lots of excuses, delays, parts shortages, etc., etc., etc..... another unfinished project in a long list of many.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Actually good point someone made re the no locks on the doors (except the new loo). If everyone has left, and SJ’s Dutch friend is in Marquis apt (where she normally stays according to Clara), any random person could be enter the grounds or the farmhouse itself. And SJ has an open invite for patreons to arrive and visit (in lieu of summer party 2020). I would be scared staying there by myself. I do wonder who Dan was cooking for.
the two girls.and .kim Raad and her husband..the workhorses who are cleaning up the house..while Madame is on holiday..they are all mad..i wouldnt lift one finger.i would .let her come home with her christmastrees still around in februari ..its not one..the whole house is clattered with christmasrubbish..

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Genuine question from someone not born in snowy lands or large buildings - why not zone the farmhouse eg 3 zones and have different heating and water arrangements for each? So the old part/bnb could be done separately to the turret area/front door/SJ area vs the kitchen servant bedrooms?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
And I went down the rabbit hole of watching the latest Sillymar video- well, thank you all very much! It was akin to watching paint dry! Until the arrival of Diesel- who is ridiculously adorable, survived the Shitoo and was treated like crap by Fanny (when a person hates dogs, as she does, it tells you much about their character- seriously, she has no soul), and I have to give Tatti props (because I do suspect it was her doing) that the little old man finally got a much needed haircut/nail trim. Sillymar even shelled out for a new coat for him, so props (but he should have already HAD a coat and a few sweaters.) The thing that bothered me as a small dog owner is that Diesel does NOT have a harness- but his leash is attached to his collar. NOOO!!! Diesel is a small dog- this could injure his trachea. Sillymar, please get him a proper vest-like harness.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yes, they do need a digger and seem to use it for a lot of things. LL probably needs a few other pieces of big machinery as well. I don’t think Dan takes good care of the digger or will properly maintain it. The digger will end up next to the Jaguar, out of commission and covered in peacock poop. Sooner rather than later. Just like everything else.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This predates the Channel 4 series by four years. (Filming started in 2015)

Stéphanie JARViS, soprano
After studying English literature at Oxford, Stéphanie began a successful singing course at Trinity College of Music of London. Torn between the country of her childhood and that of her ancestors, Stéphanie decides to settle in Berry, where she has been renovating the Château de La Lande since 2005. Chance then wants her to meet Cyril Huvé who incites her to deepen his repertoire. This is how she perfected herself with Will Hancox as well as with Delphine Collot and Robert Expert during internships at the Académie de la Chaise-Dieu. She contributed to the creation of the "Pentecôte en Berry" Festival, both through her performances in 2010 and 2011 and through the reception she gives to artists.

View attachment 975868

Bwahahahaha

She even looks old in those videos.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.