The Chateau Diaries #104 it was all claws on deck!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuine question from someone not born in snowy lands or large buildings - why not zone the farmhouse eg 3 zones and have different heating and water arrangements for each? So the old part/bnb could be done separately to the turret area/front door/SJ area vs the kitchen servant bedrooms?
There you go… making way too much sense! You wouldn’t fit in at La La Lande! 😆

Just kidding…you’re absolutely right…they should zone the building for more efficient heating. My house is not nearly as big as SJ (by far) and I have two heating/cooling zones in my home. And, they can do other things (like heavy interior curtains over the windows in winter, repairs to the windows, insulation) to help keep in the heat and reduce the expense.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Similarly with The Orange Twit here in the US.
The whole reason for that vlog was to sell peoples name on the door. She knows how to con people. Many Patreon never been to France and have their name permanently on a wall in a chateau is a dream to them and she played on that emotion

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm so sorry to hear that you have had a hard week. Just take care of yourself - you won't be of any use to anyone otherwise. Glad that you are able to join us to take your mind off things for a little while. Laughter truly is the best medicine but we are all here to stand alongside our Tattle friends when times are tough. 😘

That was the Tesco superstore in Diss. Aldi and Lidl are becoming increasingly popular here and many of their stores have had a smart refit.
I shop at Aldis in Texas and I love it. I am single so it being on the small side I love and also they have a great wine and cheese section and great prices

Hear! Hear!
And take down the greasy garland and Christmas decor over the range in that kitchen!
Lazy. Asses! Go off on vacation and leave all that tit up everywhere!
Yes, hire that done since you are a useless pair of human waste!
And just stay in South Africa.
Play on the beach and spend your Patreons money there.
So much easier to quit lying and stop the farce that you are going to restore any part of that chateau.
How can you up and leave without removing and packing the decorations. She has to be the laziest human.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Genuine question from someone not born in snowy lands or large buildings - why not zone the farmhouse eg 3 zones and have different heating and water arrangements for each? So the old part/bnb could be done separately to the turret area/front door/SJ area vs the kitchen servant bedrooms?
we have that..it works really well.you have to leave the heating on..but not so high..we have different boilers connected to eachother..but we can use them seperately..but we still move out in winter..a cottage is better to keep warm..only heating one section of the house comfy still costs a fortune in winter..we keep the heating on at all places..low heated..like 15 degrees C..otherwise the furniture, artwork and the floors will get damaged..you must keep the damp out.. we keep the shutters closed too..the place looks like a haunted castle in winter..its the only way to keep the costs low and the place in good shape.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
With Dan's latest vlog, I love the fact that a; he is highlighting the shoddy workmanship at the Shitshow ie the door lock being painted over rather than fixed and b: I know that SJ will be going crazy that he's doing repair jobs he hasn't been asked to do!

Princess Stef will be furious that the gardener is wandering around meddling!

Oh, and while you're reading here Stef, as the Shitshow is empty for January, why don't you hire Mary Poppins and co to do a huge spring clean; ie empty and clean the fridges. Just a suggestion, as you do have the money to pay for that!
Are you sure she hasn't given him the go-ahead to do these things? I assume he's not making big gardener bucks right now, given the season. Surely (?) he is being compensated for his chateau caretaking. Since he doesn't seem to be content to sit around with his thumb up his.... or browsing eBay or design mags, or Christie's auction websites, I guess having a bunch of small jobs to do would be a little more desireable. But alas, I guess I'm Danfending.

Reactions: 24
Actually good point someone made re the no locks on the doors (except the new loo). If everyone has left, and SJ’s Dutch friend is in Marquis apt (where she normally stays according to Clara), any random person could be enter the grounds or the farmhouse itself. And SJ has an open invite for patreons to arrive and visit (in lieu of summer party 2020). I would be scared staying there by myself. I do wonder who Dan was cooking for.
There's a lock on Madame's Apartment. In the behind the scenes Curtis video she had locked herself out of her Apartment. Or maybe Phiphhi was locked in ;):ROFLMAO: so he wouldn't snort during the photoshoot.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
PREDICTION - there will be NO upgrades to the heating system in 2022 (likely even 2023)
- They still need to get quotes & then study the quotes (this is alot for SJ's little damsel in distress brain to understand)
- Any upgrades or expansion to the existing geothermal heating system will involve digging and construction
- Even if the geothermal work is ready to be done by summer 2022, they'll use the excuse not to do it because it may distrub the B&B guests
- So work can't begin until November 2022 & they have a small window in November before Christmas and they bugger off again in January 2023
- They'll also need a new, larger boiler system and that can't be installed until the geothermal work is done
- New pipes may need to be installed to handle the larger load on the heating system
- The 40+ new radiators can't be done until the geothermal work is complete, new boiler system is installed, and the pipe work is finished
- SJ wil want to redesign some part of the shitoo and that will hold up installation .......and so on and so on. and so on ........
- SJ won't contract & pay proper heating technicians to do much of the work - instead Dan, Amuary, Ian etc. will be told to do most of the work inbetween any of they other jobs

The downstairs loo was 18 months (and counting) and heating is a much larger, more expensive propostion, It's construction and SJ only likes decoration. If the heating was fixed, then SJ would have no excuse to swan off to warm climates during the winter & would have to stay home in January/February.

So dear tartlets, heating will be just like the Chapel & every other project at the shittoo ......lots of excuses, delays, parts shortages, etc., etc., etc..... another unfinished project in a long list of many.
As I said before how can heating not be first on any list.

Reactions: 19
I was unable to find a definition of flying monkey as used here in the Wiki. I am a former VIP tattler here under a new name, because the old one got traceable. If I have offended you, I apologize. The compliment was sincere and based on our former courteous and friendly exchange.
How does a tattle user name become traceable?

Reactions: 14
As I said before how can heating not be first on any list.
Uhm, if you are Fanny, and unless you actually have to spend an actual Winter at the Shitoo- "A heating system is so overrated." I suspect it'd be a different story if Fanny couldn't escape to SA. She and a box of rocks share the same common sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Now that the international Statesman and Nobel prize winner Nelson Mandela has been likened in status to our dear Fanny, I find it only appropriate, that since she's in South Africa, that she and her little kafir, One Ball journey out to Robben Island, laden with toile de jouy, shiny baubles and spare porcelain and brighten up his apartment there in order to spread "the love , joy and happiness" to all who come and visit.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I'm behind but I keep reading about Marie giving up on Haworth. Where is this coming from? Is it because of that one IG post about wanting to change spaces? I think she just means out of that sewer shaped dungeon she is tucked away in? If she leaves Haworth where she has some good support, I can't imagine her leaving so soon. I guess we will see soon enough.

Reactions: 15
I seem to recall her having a brother and sister, fairly close in age to FRK.

Just checked - she's the oldest of three children.View attachment 973379
I'm curious where this photo is from?

@KiKiGee Is that IG story of Marie's still posted? I don't use IG much, but I can't seem to see it on her page, I was going to read comments. I may just not know what I'm looking for! Are stories in her main feed, or do I need to click on something else?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I'm curious where this photo is from?

@KiKiGee Is that IG story of Marie's still posted? I don't use IG much, but I can't seem to see it on her page, I was going to read comments. I may just not know what I'm looking for! Are stories in her main feed, or do I need to click on something else?
Stories only stay around for24 hours unless they are added to the highlights. These specific ones are expired.
If they are active, you can click on the profile pic to see them

excuse the high quality picture markings 😂 I’m lying in bed and typing one handed as I have IV in one arm!

DF58A43F-F563-4FC4-8526-B11B4E89842C.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
His constant remarks about FRK's quirks and rudeness, his endless making fun of her attempts to showcase her skills, pretending to be her friend but talk down on her the minute she had left the room, actually pointing at her for being the "mole" who was leaking information to Tattle, up to the point that even SJ started to believe his fabrication of facts... It seemed like minor pinpricks at the time, but his interference made FRK feel less and less at ease in their company, so she more and more pretended to be too busy to join them for parties and gift grabs. Telling SJ you have something better to do than spend time with milady is the surest way to suicide at the tit show.
Makes complete sense given her absence in the vlogs before she left, and quick departure if she was caught on screen. 😳😳

I really thought that Snorts preferred the company of man. I also don’t understand why it is taking so long to finish Natti’s apt. It took my husband and six months to build our home.

They want to make the downstairs loo a landmark!! 😂

I suggest stiffy writes the names of patrons on the door of the loo instead of grand salon.. since their money is going down the shitter anyway…

ADDD7D71-A10D-40A1-AE94-F692EFDFDDE2.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.