The Chateau Diaries #104 it was all claws on deck!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know if I am learning to speak Selmar or his English has improved. I wonder if Tatti is helping him.
Same here! Either I have watched far too much Selmar content that now he sounds coherent or his English has improved. Or he finally got a microphone.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I was just checking out the Wiki page and saw that there was a link to Amaury's company registration. It has had 2 previous names. The original name was The Depperhaugh (in Suffolk) which is a care home dealing with patients with dementia. Has this come up in conversation before? How can it have been the name of his company and is now still run under that name as a care home? Any comments?
maybe they still have shares in it?? its very strange..i dont know much about the english way of things..when you sell your company here...you are not able to use its name..but by looking at it..the whole family has made a lott of money from those grannyfarms...

Reactions: 19
FYI…I’ve updated the Chateau Diaries Wiki to include information about Billy’s AWOL story in the UK Daily Mail, and also a definition of SJ’s “flying monkeys.” 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 36
The language of Selmar is hard to penetrate. A bit like Klingon. I do agree that it was easier to interpret tonight. Maybe he has invested in a better microphone so when Tatty turns on him, the people of Diss can hear his cries for help.
Sorry- I just saw your post after I posted- the Klingon reference... I can't... You're slaying me!!! 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Having slept on it, and addressing no one in particular, I'd like to establish my Huguenot street cred.
Mine left France in the 17th century after the Edict of Fontainebleu, like the first Cape Town Huguenots. Mine went thence to Scotland, where they became literate, much richer, and way more Calvinist. Protestant ethic, bien sur. Thence to County Antrim, where they became agents of British genocide. Thence to the Carolinas, where they became Presbyterian ministers perjuring themselves in courts of law to preserve slavery, and Confederate gun runners during the War Between the States. (Warn't nuthin' civil about it.)
Despite having their steamboats seized by the Union Army, having lost all their slaves and all their money in 1865, they still have Huguenot night in the incredibly snotty church they founded, in which very ancient hymns assailing the virtue of the Queen of England are still sung annually, in the 21st century, with bloodthirsty Christian gusto.
Mine are literally the meanest white people on the planet.
But I'm sure the Huguenots of Franschhoek were much nicer. Y'all win. :)
My Huguenot ancestors left France about 1600 and spent around 25 years in England before skedaddling to the Massachusetts Bay colony where they settled around Saco and Kennebunkport which eventually became Maine. After 200 hundred years or so, they joined the great migration west. But since this is the maternal line (mother’s mother’s mother etc) it was completely ignored by the entire family. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 10
I posted about this the first day I signed up for this site. It was COVID. I was bored. CD was recommended on my YT feed and I binge watched. Got hooked on everything CD and then the gift grab channel started up. I would see things in the stores and think "Oh, Steph would love that!" I bought a bunch of things and sent them off, only to be opened 8 months AFTER delivery! Bad decision on my part. I was conned but it was my own fault for wanting to believe in a fairytale.
I'm embarrassed to say I once sent something to MP once. Postage cost twice as much as the item I sent! Never again.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
why does Selmar film people and doesnt have the curtesy to buy something..what a cheap Dutch ass he is..did he actually buy a coffee in that hotel?? or did he drink out of the tap..in the toilet..the more i see of him the more i dislike his cheap and scrooge behaviour..
My dear, he's saving his pennies to buy his dream Shitoo!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
His constant remarks about FRK's quirks and rudeness, his endless making fun of her attempts to showcase her skills, pretending to be her friend but talk down on her the minute she had left the room, actually pointing at her for being the "mole" who was leaking information to Tattle, up to the point that even SJ started to believe his fabrication of facts... It seemed like minor pinpricks at the time, but his interference made FRK feel less and less at ease in their company, so she more and more pretended to be too busy to join them for parties and gift grabs. Telling SJ you have something better to do than spend time with milady is the surest way to suicide at the tit show.
Good points. I noticed that about the tree as well. Dan seems to be fudging some of the timeline.
Also, why put lights on the awful wood structure and not on the tree? What happened to those coloured spotlights which were put in earlier in the year?
They turned the outside spotlights on once for Guy Fawkes Night and they've never been turned on again. Crazy because they looked nice!

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I love how Charlotte kept her calm when answering the Chatelaine's (short) answer about the masks in France.

Charlotte is right : it is only a government recommendation to prefer the surgical masks to the cloth masks. And yes : they could tell their viewers so that, they would stop sending more.

Bravo, Charlotte !
Way to go Charlotte! Love a good discussion between friends....

Dan’s wearing working trousers like Amaury now? (Halfway down his arse). Dan you took the Christmas tree down the other day but show it still standing today (and on bonfire pile).
speaking of which - what a waste of a nice tree in front yard. Not really decorated or appreciated by passing traffic or even guests.
I noticed that too. The tree wasn't there (although the mess from removing it was) and then it was there again. How long will that digger last, being used for all sorts of things?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I'm not surprised that SJ is taking Cameltoe with her to SA. I wouldn't trust Squirrel NoNuts as far as I could throw him. Imagine leaving him alone in your home. He'd be rifling through all your personal papers and belongings and helping himself to whatever he fancied. Ugh! No thank you!
Ooh that is indeed a nasty picture in my head. SJ should buy a safe to keep her personal/legal stuff in. Especially if there are no locks on doors? Any old thief could drop in for a visit.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
This predates the Channel 4 series by four years. (Filming started in 2015)

Stéphanie JARViS, soprano
After studying English literature at Oxford, Stéphanie began a successful singing course at Trinity College of Music of London. Torn between the country of her childhood and that of her ancestors, Stéphanie decides to settle in Berry, where she has been renovating the Château de La Lande since 2005. Chance then wants her to meet Cyril Huvé who incites her to deepen his repertoire. This is how she perfected herself with Will Hancox as well as with Delphine Collot and Robert Expert during internships at the Académie de la Chaise-Dieu. She contributed to the creation of the "Pentecôte en Berry" Festival, both through her performances in 2010 and 2011 and through the reception she gives to artists.

View attachment 975868

That's an impressive plume in her chapeau. She's no Jesse Norman, but definitely not a Florence Foster Jenkins.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
My Huguenot ancestors left France about 1600 and spent around 25 years in England before skedaddling to the Massachusetts Bay colony where they settled around Saco and Kennebunkport which eventually became Maine. After 200 hundred years or so, they joined the great migration west. But since this is the maternal line (mother’s mother’s mother etc) it was completely ignored by the entire family. 🤷‍♀️
It's interesting how so resilient a group of practically medieval Frenchies behaved so differently in diaspora. After the genocide of the Cathars -- the subject of probably the very best book I've ever read -- nobody in France who chose not to be a Catholic was ignorant of the ongoing risk. I've tried to understand the appeal of Calvin -- the best I came up with was, he finally conceded that if God's vicar on earth, the king, is a tyrant, we're allowed to overthrow him. Big mo for the Protestant reformation.
He was also a French lawyer. If you're a fan of the French and their dazzling rhetoric, you too could convert.
Amazon product

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Ohh ffsake that is one mighty big head
And I think SSB is responsible for all the hair flopping and beanies

That’s all you can pull - in the middle of nowhere - their like a bunch of liquorice all sorts …. Of Shite 😟

Wonder how safari is going ??
View attachment 974538
And this is what SJ and Squirrel Camelpants will be seeing on safari. I hope any lions have been well fed before they see those two or they might be supper! Or not, not much muscle on either of them so not much of a main course, maybe an entree?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Me -good. Just can't taste or smell.
My son and I have parted ways. Sad and very worrisome. That story is too sad to relay.
My mom was just admitted to the hospital. Other problems besides covid.
it is a week I would like to forget.

But Tattlers have been even more funny than usual and have given me a lot of laughs today!
So thanks!!!

P.s. Which Tattler was really One Nut?
Not a good start to 2022, but stay strong and it will get better. Glad we could give you some laughs.

• Heart
  • Haha
Dan’s wearing working trousers like Amaury now? (Halfway down his arse). Dan you took the Christmas tree down the other day but show it still standing today (and on bonfire pile).
speaking of which - what a waste of a nice tree in front yard. Not really decorated or appreciated by passing traffic or even guests.
Why not cut firewood instead of have a bonfire? if you have too much firewood already you could offer for locals to come and take it away.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Same here! Either I have watched far too much Selmar content that now he sounds coherent or his English has improved. Or he finally got a microphone.
Or adjusted his intake of wacky weed.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.