The Chateau Diaries #104 it was all claws on deck!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She must have done something extraordinary in her last life to be rewarded like this in this life😊

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Marie W clearly is exhausted by having had to do some actual work which was primarily making Christmas "reets" and painting her flat and studio which she managed to get either free of charge or very cheaply. She is clearly no longer happy in Haworth, which she had said she loved, or with her studio. She had lots of help and kindness from her two friends there. So, what has happened? Either the locals who put up with it for a while, got fed up with her camera being pointed at them and their shops all the time, or she realised she'd have to stop filming the high street ad infinitum, or maybe she's heard that she needs to register her business properly and pay rent, tax and insurance. I suspect the business she was running from that place was not legal and it all goes back to her never having had a business plan and never considering what she had to do to start a proper business legally. Maybe she will stay in Norway but I doubt if she will ever manage to stand on her own two feet and earn a living or run a business successfully and legally. If all she wants to do is Instagram, it's disgusting that she managed to beg for a free vehicle for no good reason. She now expects everything to be handed to her on a plate and free of charge!

...she’s just weak...emotionally and mentally...she had it made in that cute, little village. especially with those women who were so sweet and supportive toward her...

hmmm...imagine...how easy life would be...with the only thing one had to do is to make whimsical wreaths and play with flowers...😈🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 22
There was a pic on my Youtube feed of him and his boys closing the main gates so I think they’re staying at Lalande.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Dan's video is up. He says he has been asked to caretake the Chateau, along with a couple of others who will be "popping in and out."
With the catalogue of maintenance disasters of late, it make sense that he is on hand (maybe Kim has been told she is in charge but I imagine that she's as useless as Madam Fanny, @Clara Burnett ?)
I just hope he is being paid accordingly.
Actually, Kim is pretty heads on and capable to deal with stuff, but I imagine she didn't want to be responsible by herself and wants to share that burden with Dan. Maybe she has learned from previous experiences, when the place would fall apart (sort of like now, with the radiators leaking etc) o her watch and she had nobody to call for help.

Reactions: 38
I thought when he was telling us he'd been left in charge, that he and Annalise and the two boys were moving into HMN for the duration, but apparently not. But probably too cold for the little ones.
I think we all see where this is going! 😆 Maybe Dan will vlog his descent into madness…

93912FD0-D3FE-416A-BF58-B730E7E8D99E.gif
F98E6E06-263B-496E-BA1C-D18E3E217E72.gif
5177E565-50C8-4008-A8B1-24639758185B.gif
322A5C06-35A3-4EB9-A65C-5CCC75DB22E3.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Having slept on it, and addressing no one in particular, I'd like to establish my Huguenot street cred.
Mine left France in the 17th century after the Edict of Fontainebleu, like the first Cape Town Huguenots. Mine went thence to Scotland, where they became literate, much richer, and way more Calvinist. Protestant ethic, bien sur. Thence to County Antrim, where they became agents of British genocide. Thence to the Carolinas, where they became Presbyterian ministers perjuring themselves in courts of law to preserve slavery, and Confederate gun runners during the War Between the States. (Warn't nuthin' civil about it.)
Despite having their steamboats seized by the Union Army, having lost all their slaves and all their money in 1865, they still have Huguenot night in the incredibly snotty church they founded, in which very ancient hymns assailing the virtue of the Queen of England are still sung annually, in the 21st century, with bloodthirsty Christian gusto.
Mine are literally the meanest white people on the planet.
But I'm sure the Huguenots of Franschhoek were much nicer. Y'all win. :)
Aha, the founding fathers of the Democratic Party. ✌ :LOL:

-----------------------------
Anyhow, back to Lalande:

With Dan the Gardener as the new interim chatelaine, I hope he leads a massive clean-up of that sh!thole chateau. ;)

BTW, SJ, massive, that's another word for yours and orange man's favorite word, huge, which you always say in the same annoying tone.
Enjoy South Africa.

EkTsjmaX0AEqcAl.jpg
CD268.png

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
After watching the latest Chateau Diaries last night, I was appalled. I was a patron but stopped late last year. I was the 20.00 tier. I am also a controller for 10 dental offices. I cannot believe the show she put on last night. In Texas here we have a saying. Lipstick on a pig and that was the entire show.

1. Nothing happening with Chapel. There is a lot of chapels in France, he cannot be the only restorer. She did 3 windows, that took over two years.

2. The pergola should of been done ages ago, like here in Texas we do them in a weekend, and its cheap, used her own wood and Dan and Amaury is doing the work.

3. The Moat, she barely spent $1000 on labor if she spent that much to clear the sides.

4. She was gifted a chicken coop, so no money spent there.

5. She spent money on the tree surgeon, here in Texas we have tall pines and its not cheap.

6. Billy spent 4500 on a Rothchild library, that is going to be nice when set up, she spent 25K on paneling that is coming apart

7. She said she set up a carpentry studio, um no she did not, it was his studio over in England and he brought it over to do the Grand Salon

8. Downstairs loo not done, so stop saying it is

9. The pink bathroom, please tell me that is done, because either they do one piece a tile a day or something.

10. Why start a renovation on that marquis suite where the expensive wallpaper and not have all the materials before you start the job so you can complete something.

11. Do not get me started on that "Wedgewood" room. The people who sell Wedgewood are sick over it I am sure, who glues things to a wall, seriously?

12. What I find funny we were constantly seeing her in her office she created with the freaking peeling wallpaper and now her desk is back in her bedroom, I am sure it is for one of the shows on the DIY or she got to many complaints about how ugly it was and how much she spent on that goofy chandelier and chair/ottoman combo thing.

Last night was like she was talking to her patrons who apparently she things are stupid and will believe anything coming out of her mouth. She just disgusted me last night. Also why not fix up that room you clean dishes in but the damn dumbest thing she said was about the heating. Lady you get 30K a freaking month and you cannot fix your heater and you want to walk around with water bottles like at idiot because you rather spent 4K on ugly ass wallpaper than keep people warm and take care of the Chateau properly

She needs to get rid of her enormous ego and go back to the way she was in the beginning and at like a normal human being. The whole thing disgusted me.
Welcome! It is such a relief for me to hear there's still a chance (some of) her patrons will come to their senses and realize they have been scammed into thinking they were actually helping to restore something historic, but were actually financing the disgusting life style of a self absorbed swindler. it sometimes feels like we are simply preaching for our own choir here and not reaching anyone new, especially when we're visited by her flying monkeys that try to derail and distract. To me, you are proof that we must continue to hold her accountable for the mess she's creating and the crimes against decency she's committing. So thanks! And I do hope you are willing to help spread the word and warn people off....

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Welcome! It is such a relief for me to hear there's still a chance (some of) her patrons will come to their senses and realize they have been scammed into thinking they were actually helping to restore something historic, but were actually financing the disgusting life style of a self absorbed swindler. it sometimes feels like we are simply preaching for our own choir here and not reaching anyone new, especially when we're visited by her flying monkeys that try to derail and distract. To me, you are proof that we must continue to hold her accountable for the mess she's creating and the crimes against decency she's committing. So thanks! And I do hope you are willing to help spread the word and warn people off....
Every Day!!! I was sick of the behavior last night, it was just awful

• Heart
Reactions: 33
...she’s just weak...emotionally and mentally...she had it made in that cute, little village. especially with those women who were so sweet and supportive toward her...

hmmm...imagine...how easy life would be...with the only thing one had to do is to make whimsical wreaths and play with flowers...😈🙄
I believe seeing her mum living the happy (and as it seems wealthy) life in Norway with her new family depressed her and made her realise again what she missed out.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Interesting results. 12 of 51 who voted have been an sj patron at some point .... so at least some patrons can be shown the light! Personally I had already quit patron long before I found Tattle. I literally signed up for the extra content but had become bored of it, so I quit! But yeah, interesting results.

20220107_132439.jpg

Reactions: 17
I hope people don't take DIY tips from watching Dan. He's even worse than Pa Trotter in the bodging stakes. Today, he's put in a plinth for the stove to sit on, but it's not wide enough to catch any hot ash or other messy bits that will inevitably fall onto it, so the floor will get damaged. He seems to be doing everything in a rush without thinking, like his roof works that have just let rain through into the studio.

I don't see how he can be a caretaker without virtually living at the chateau, particularly during winter months, as pipes could start leaking at any moment.
Dan is no more a caretaker than he is a gardener. Sad to say, he appears to being going the route of SJ in his endeavors with slap-it-up and call-it- done work. I really do think cooking is his strong suit, but SJ loves to exploit him through flattery to get him to do all kinds of odd jobs he is not qualified to do. I wonder what would happen to him if he wasn't attached to the chateau? It's only through SJ and the chateau that he is doing what he does. He is very lucky to have Annalise, who works outside of the chateau except for a few mobile salon visits to keep the roots covered up.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
On a happier note... from Le Fleur's instagram account, it seems that they have started working on their kitchen... the old cabinets have gone out and renovation is under way (using actual tradespeople!)

I can't wait to see their progress and result!

Also, here is their latest Patreon video:

Wishing you all a very Happy and healthy New Year for 2022!

2021 was a busy year for us with lots of change and so much to be grateful for. We have had lots of wonderful guests and the vlog and our Patreon community, which started as a result of the pandemic shutting our guesthouse doors, has grown and taken our lives and restoration projects here on a whole new and very exciting path.

We are so inspired to continue renovating our chateau and gardens and creating vlogs this year for you all, to share it with you. We're still adjusting to the new work load and because we have no guests at the moment, we've decided to ask for some help for the first time since March 2020, we are now looking for volunteers to come and help us here.

It's a bit last minute but if you would be interested in helping us in January or February for between 2 weeks to a month, we are looking for enthusiastic, easy going helpers, (we also welcome couples) who don't mind getting stuck in, with mostly work in the garden, clearing, planting and also some occasional cooking. Having some practical gardening and diy experience is a plus. Food and board is free in return for 5 hour days 5 days a week and you will have your own room/bathroom. Please note we are quite rural, there is a village bus but having a bike or your own car is definitely a good idea if you wish to visit the area a bit whilst you're here.

We are asking you guys first before we announce this on the vlog and IG account so please get in touch telling us a bit about yourselves and your experience at:****** If you have previously contacted us about volunteering don't hesitate to re-contact us. We may need more volunteers later in the year, but we haven't made a decision yet so please only get in touch if you are interested in volunteering at this time.

Looking forward to hearing from you...

Wishing you all a great week from Normandy,

Love Anna, Philipp, Lily & Ella x

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
More restoration ideas for Phillip from Versailles and the rooms of Madame du Barry. I think Phillip would identify with her and her story as the young lover of the King who was despised and by the court. Like Phillip, Madame du Barry amused and distracted the King. Enormous sums of money were showered on her jewels, dresses and accommodation. She actually was not a bad person, just rather stupid and shallow. During the revolution she tried to trade her jewels to save her life, but ended up having her head chopped off. On the scaffold she ran about begging the executioners not to hurt her...

...delightful...I truly loved how the French handled their business...very straightforward and no bs about it...inspiring really...😎

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I thought when he was telling us he'd been left in charge, that he and Annalise and the two boys were moving into HMN for the duration, but apparently not. But probably too cold for the little ones.
OMG, I hope they are not moving in with the little ones! It's not safe!

Reactions: 17
Interesting results. 12 of 51 who voted have been an sj patron at some point .... so at least some patrons can be shown the light! Personally I had already quit patron long before I found Tattle. I literally signed up for the extra content but had become bored of it, so I quit! But yeah, interesting results.

View attachment 972857
Yup, I was once a patreon, and even got a postcard from her. But it was Boy Meth-rick's sob video nearly a year ago that sent me here. I was sick of the granny gangstas shutting me down if I dare question anything about SJ and the Shitsho.

Unfortunately, she's still preying on the elderly/lonely who love the 'Princess living in a castle' narrative. She knows how to spin a tale for them, and plays up the petite, pretty blonde Disney princess look. And this is what keeps me coming to Tattle, to highlight how disingenuous she really is.

In the words of Abraham Lincoln: “You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.”

Let's keep the pressure on her so that more patreons head this way.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
She must have done something extraordinary in her last life to be rewarded like this in this life😊
Her life isn't over yet. Look what happened to Jeffrey Epstein's friend Ghislaine. She thought she was living the grand life too until it all came to a not so glamorous end. I am not comparing what she did to what SJ is doing. It's just that it's not over until it's over! We shall see.

Reactions: 25
After watching the latest Chateau Diaries last night, I was appalled. I was a patron but stopped late last year. I was the 20.00 tier. I am also a controller for 10 dental offices. I cannot believe the show she put on last night. In Texas here we have a saying. Lipstick on a pig and that was the entire show.

1. Nothing happening with Chapel. There is a lot of chapels in France, he cannot be the only restorer. She did 3 windows, that took over two years.

2. The pergola should of been done ages ago, like here in Texas we do them in a weekend, and its cheap, used her own wood and Dan and Amaury is doing the work.

3. The Moat, she barely spent $1000 on labor if she spent that much to clear the sides.

4. She was gifted a chicken coop, so no money spent there.

5. She spent money on the tree surgeon, here in Texas we have tall pines and its not cheap.

6. Billy spent 4500 on a Rothchild library, that is going to be nice when set up, she spent 25K on paneling that is coming apart

7. She said she set up a carpentry studio, um no she did not, it was his studio over in England and he brought it over to do the Grand Salon

8. Downstairs loo not done, so stop saying it is

9. The pink bathroom, please tell me that is done, because either they do one piece a tile a day or something.

10. Why start a renovation on that marquis suite where the expensive wallpaper and not have all the materials before you start the job so you can complete something.

11. Do not get me started on that "Wedgewood" room. The people who sell Wedgewood are sick over it I am sure, who glues things to a wall, seriously?

12. What I find funny we were constantly seeing her in her office she created with the freaking peeling wallpaper and now her desk is back in her bedroom, I am sure it is for one of the shows on the DIY or she got to many complaints about how ugly it was and how much she spent on that goofy chandelier and chair/ottoman combo thing.

Last night was like she was talking to her patrons who apparently she things are stupid and will believe anything coming out of her mouth. She just disgusted me last night. Also why not fix up that room you clean dishes in but the damn dumbest thing she said was about the heating. Lady you get 30K a freaking month and you cannot fix your heater and you want to walk around with water bottles like at idiot because you rather spent 4K on ugly ass wallpaper than keep people warm and take care of the Chateau properly

She needs to get rid of her enormous ego and go back to the way she was in the beginning and at like a normal human being. The whole thing disgusted me.
I had a wonderful laugh. The best thing in the Chateau is Amaury's neat workshop and the makeshift shelves for storage.
Looking forward, I am really going to enjoy the day when they expose the painted beams. So much detritus under the Narnia floor...
They'll be shovelling tit for ages- oh wait, nothing new there.
Her attitude reminds me very much of a cat. Business in the tray and scrape the kitty litter all over it and walk away as of nothing has occurred.
2022, the rewind years!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
There was a pic on my Youtube feed of him and his boys closing the main gates so I think they’re staying at Lalande.
They were moving the sheep, so gate closed so sheep didn't run out thru them instead of into the paddock.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.