The Chateau Diaries #104 it was all claws on deck!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quoting myself here (sorry) But am I the only one who thinks it f**ked up how Jurors can talk to the press like this? Also I hate the culture and industry around jury selection in the USA. Here in NZ you you are required to go to court with about a 100 other possible jurors (selected from the electoral roll) There is a ballot and if your name comes up, you walk from edge of court room towards the jury box. Each lawyer has 6 'challenges' they can use to reject a juror before they sit down. I have walked up to jury box twice, first time challenged after about 3 steps, they last time I was literally bending to sit down! Also here the jury is not allowed to discuss what went on after a trial.
I think we have a similar system here. I believe all the lawyers get the names of the 100 selected from the electoral roll before hand so they do research on everyone and know who they don't want or want before they get there. I walked up and was immediately dismissed.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
The quilted monstrosity Ma Petherick is wearing is a hideous shade of green called 'bilious' :sick:
it is an awful colour, I don't know whose colouring it would suit, but sure not Ma's, not to mention it is a massive long vest .... when I first saw it I thought she had her own horse blanket. As a Canadian it is weird to me to see people wearing the massive puffy winter wear in their French weather. That big white thing SJ wears too, and Sadie wears something too, I think. We only wear that kind of stuff when it is bitter cold, and only if we're going to be outside a while. We have those really thin light weight jackets that are a bit puffy but ridiculous warm, but they aren't those bit puffy ones! You can roll ours up small to travel with.

Here's one, a packable puffer jacket

1641594644822.png

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I saw on her website that she’s appearing at Victoria Hall I think it is to give a talk on her journey and how she got to where she is now. I wonder if she’ll include the grifting and begging. She will answer questions so…if anyone’s at a loose end on 19th May, and lives nearby, that would be an interesting question to put to her.🤔 You would have to pay though!

Marie invites you to Victoria Hall in Shipley on the 19th of May 2022 for an afternoon of inspirational talk and questions.

Marie has long been wanting to share her whole story on how she managed to grow a social media following while living in a magical Chateau in rural France, which now has enabled her to make a full-time living doing what she loves to do. Marie was featured on the popular British Tv-Series Chateau DIY while living at Chateau de la lande together with her friend Stephanie Jarvis and the famous Lalanders.

The talking event starts at 14.00 pm and ends at 17.00 pm. There will be delicious refreshements and a little gift for all ticketholders.
Dick and Angel did this just before COVID hit. All the events they advertised were sold out. I went to the one in Manchester, it was a fun entertaining, informative evening. Tickets were £29 each. Would I spend that to listen to Marie? No.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I wondered on that one visit if Cat and Ryan were going to get together! I sensed something in the air, but then nothing happened. Personally, and please don't flog me, but I enjoy Ryan! Would I want to date him, no, but I'd have him in a friend group and enjoy his silliness and humor. He's like the baby of the family type of goofy personality. I like how he's doing the math and research and thinking things through. Not to mention he appears to be from a decent family, and one that has a fair bit of experience doing what he's thinking of doing, and he seems the type that would listen to good advice. I kind of miss seeing him and Uncle Lee interact. I found the contrast between the two of them humorous.
I agree with you about Ryan- he is waaay more suitable in the romance department! 1) is straight 2) has charisma 3) has sense of humor 4) is not a tedious cross dressing ManBaby

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Watched Fleuries patreon....I don't watch them much.
So guys....it is like 12°F where I am at today. The cats water froze in their dish in the cat house in which we have a heater and a wood burning fireplace....
So how is it that SJ was walking around outside without a coat on her last video and the Fleuries want to do work and planting in their garden now?
Is it not cold in France in winter???
I mean there will be NOTHING planted here until April.
I just looked up the temp at the Fleuries and it’s around 8 degrees Celsius for the next few days so not too cold for gardening. Lalande is a bit further south so could be a couple of degrees warmer. Could change at any time though so maybe not the best time to plan for outside work?

And don’t forget, it’s probably warmer outside than in at Fanny’s!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
💥💥💥 last thread 🧵 I know

But wow 🤩

Marty McFly 9
VIP Member
Today at 4:15 AM
Add bookmark
Pekey said:
Oooooo she sly and canny !!!
Wonder how many times she will have to write her own name on the back of the paneling? :)
Haha

Title thread 🧵
Author ✍ @Pekey

Wonder how many times she will have to write her own name on the back of the paneling

Kaboom 💥
😈

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I wondered on that one visit if Cat and Ryan were going to get together! I sensed something in the air, but then nothing happened. Personally, and please don't flog me, but I enjoy Ryan! Would I want to date him, no, but I'd have him in a friend group and enjoy his silliness and humor. He's like the baby of the family type of goofy personality. I like how he's doing the math and research and thinking things through. Not to mention he appears to be from a decent family, and one that has a fair bit of experience doing what he's thinking of doing, and he seems the type that would listen to good advice. I kind of miss seeing him and Uncle Lee interact. I found the contrast between the two of them humorous.
I agree. He knows from Uncle Lee's experience about running Gites, he's worked out that in that area he's wanting to buy in, 94% are French who holiday, so market that group not the Brits.

Good point about Cat, as she did stop by at Begmania on the way home.

I think that Ryan wouldn't put up with SJ's narcissism, and would shut down her fantasies (ie wallpaper in the loo) with reality.

Reactions: 17
One of the comments on Anna and Phillip's patreon video, thanked them for the Christmas postcard they'd received. How refreshing that chateau owners had the courtesy to send their patrons a Christmas card. Wonder how many of Fanny's patrons received a Christmas card?
That’s 49:00 euros a month - min of 10 months

Also if you haven’t received it by jan 31
Email Stephanoligy - Nutti is away till feb 10th

😈…. Just saying 💥

I'm not into sheep but I saw a breed yesterday that are gorgeous. Valais Blacknose. If I had to have sheep these would be my choice except they are very expensive, one lamb could cost 3-4k euro.
767FF42D-9B7C-408B-9F6B-BC9448B370E7.jpeg

There 2 a penny around here 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I agree with you about Ryan- he is waaay more suitable in the romance department! 1) is straight 2) has charisma 3) has sense of humor 4) is not a tedious cross dressing ManBaby
Perhaps his time overseas and all the problems there has made him grow up a touch? Hope so .

Reactions: 13
Unfortunately, she's still preying on the elderly/lonely
Maybe I am not seeing what others are seeing but I feel like the bulk of her patreon/youtube commenters/live chat/people that love her/ are younger. Many seem to be successful (or pretend to be). 🤷‍♀️ I don't feel like they are all elderly/lonely.

Reactions: 10
Wonder how many times she will have to write her own name on the back of the paneling
Mojo........ I did say "She sly and canny"

But I did not say the other part. I do not want someone who did say this to be .... oh what can I say ..... put out .
I love to give credit to the person who did think this up.

So happy to see you back Mojo ... people where worried but .... like Fanny - you need a REST too !!! lol .... sorry , I love to tease.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I believe seeing her mum living the happy (and as it seems wealthy) life in Norway with her new family depressed her and made her realise again what she missed out.

...maybe...although she was quite teary before she even arrived...so seemed to me she was already building up anxiety about seeing them... with the possibility of opening up old, unresolved issues on her mind. additionally...Marie is no longer a child. her mother’s life is her own...Marie was on the verge of forging her own path...and it looked promising. no one’s childhood is perfect...and you can’t wallow in the past forever.

... I do have empathy for her...but being depressed about what was or wasn’t will not help her have a successful and fulfilling life in the present and future. ...time for Marie to look into herself and see what will work...and not wimp out, or go backwards, the first moment when things become uncomfortable or a little difficult. she had a nice, new beginning in the new village...with a positive support system...she should expand on that...would help build her much needed confidence...and most importantly, for her to move forward. I wish her the best and hope she finds much success...and true happiness...

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I think we have a similar system here. I believe all the lawyers get the names of the 100 selected from the electoral roll before hand so they do research on everyone and know who they don't want or want before they get there. I walked up and was immediately dismissed.
Oh, I wouldn't want a tattler in my jury, either 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Marie's sledging ability matches her floral style ... limp and pathetic (new vlog snow day just out).

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.