The Chateau Diaries #104 it was all claws on deck!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi, I'm new here. I found it very odd, after watching her last video, that she didn't get to fix heating system during whole year. She has very big monthly income, shouldn't that be a priority? But no, she spent a lot of money on some overpriced wallpaper for bathrooms.
I understand that she doesn't know how to manage such amount of money, but she has a lot of people around her. Why hasn't anyone said something
Edit: Also why are they calling Dan for every bizarre thing, like lighting up the stove and fireplace lol
Welcome! The heating story is the story i'm personally the most invested in. It made me tattle!

They call Dan because he has some skills, the rest has none!

Reactions: 19
Haha, on the contrary! Stephanie and her rag tag, band of misfits are hilarious
Exactly! I was thinking of SJ with TartanMan and Snorts at the airport and on the plane. What a sight they must have been! I imagine the other passengers unlucky enough to sit by them were quite annoyed with all the hysterics, clowning and snorting. Too bad steerage isn't available on planes where they could have been with the other snorting beasts.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Why is Sabine referred to as Land Girl? There is nothing remotely Land Girl about her. As a vintage dresser I find it very annoying!

The video starts at Sabines Landgirl moment.
There was also an exchange from a viewer, I thought it was in the comments maybe it was somewhere else as I can't find it. Anyway commenter took umbrage at the use of Landgirl and went on about how important they were and you shouldn't make fun of them. Fanny answered that Landgirls was a recent TV show and basically they needed to get over themselves (but in a 'nice' Fanny way)

Reactions: 12
Actually à dog's coat protects it from the heat.Dogs should not be shaved in the summer months.It's a common misconception.In the winter it protects against the cold.Just basic grooming will do:)
would that not depend where the dog lives? I've seen very hairy dogs panting like crazy in hotspots in Europe and felt so sorry for them.

The video starts at Sabines Landgirl moment.
There was also an exchange from a viewer, I thought it was in the comments maybe it was somewhere else as I can't find it. Anyway commenter took umbrage at the use of Landgirl and went on about how important they were and you shouldn't make fun of them. Fanny answered that Landgirls was a recent TV show and basically they needed to get over themselves (but in a 'nice' Fanny way)
[/QUOTE]

I remember a few of us on here thought it was in bad taste, me included, and on playing it back, the way Sabine I stand by that. What makes it worse is Snorts, snorting when Sabine waxes lyrical about Germans bombing London.
Why would you joke and laugh about anywhere being bombed???

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Can anyone please tell me the name of the channel for the couple that owned a chateau and then had to sell it. They wear vintage clothes and the house they now live in has a lake and she was feeding the coypu?

Reactions: 6
I shop at Aldis in Texas and I love it. I am single so it being on the small side I love and also they have a great wine and cheese section and great prices

How can you up and leave without removing and packing the decorations. She has to be the laziest human.
She will use the same excuse like last year: Xmas is officially over in February!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
okay, I'm going to have to Stefend for a moment .... but I was just reviewing a few of her vlogs last night as home work on her finances, and when her dad was around they did a MASSIVE amount of renos in about a 2 year period ... it is all in this vlog ... and I made a list as I listened. I'm all for calling her on her greed and narcissistic behaviour, and for recent years of laziness ... but when daddy was around to keep things on track, and I'd imagine keeping the trades men going, LOADS happened.

Here's the list from this vlog:

Outside
* First job was the chapel roof 2006
* And electricity to the chapel
* Repaired an outbuilding roof
* Repaired the green house roof and new windows with hydraulic system
* Walled garden only had 2-4 small beds, so some beds were added right away
* *Planted box hedging in wall garden
* Put in septic tank in courtyard
* Redid courtyard in gravel and installed the fountain and box hedge

Inside
* Removal of asbestos cladding on the ground floor exterior walls
* Plaster boarded everywhere downstairs and upstairs and added insulation, except for the bedrooms that had vintage wall paper
* took down all the extra walls that had been added to split up the larger rooms, ie. dining room was originally 3 small rooms, and same for grand salon.
* installed geothermal heating, 5 bore holes, down 100 meters each, are outside the
laundry room
* replaced all of the downstairs flooring with putting in under floor heating (all thereception rooms from the petite salon to the billiard room)
* all new electrics
* all new plumbing. They installed 13 new bathrooms
* 2 new septic tanks and a soak away system
* transformed the kitchen

over 300,000 pounds

After daddy’s death she did decorate all the rooms in the chateau

* And the Tack Room &
* Mummy’s apartment were made

That all happened before YouTube

HOW YOUTUBE SAVED MY CHATEAU!!! - YouTube
Hydraulic system for the green house windows was done for a Chateau DIY project. As well as the inside tarted up a bit and cleaned.

Reactions: 16
Can anyone please tell me the name of the channel for the couple that owned a chateau and then had to sell it. They wear vintage clothes and the house they now live in has a lake and she was feeding the coypu?
Used to be called Chateau La Croix Honnet and is now called It's A Wonderful Life.

Reactions: 8
smolpuppyo'love is BJJ...🤪
smolpuppyo'love
1 day ago (edited)
You are the most gracious lady I have seen, you seem rare to anger, and brave in the face of adversity. I recognise in you a need to do the right thing, and I have absolutely no doubt that you always will. As for any critical opinions, I can only say that they can only see through their own particular filter, ascribing blame where there is none, or making up a story in their imagination instead of actually watching your videos and listening to learn the truth. Don't let the haters dictate. You are someone who I admire, I don't say that often...or ever.. really... it's usually reserved for people like Nelson Mandela... I see in you an incredible creative energy to nurture and grow the arts whilst restoring a beautiful piece of history. In doing so, you are making history with La Lande!💖 Don't ever change yourself! A living inspiration, bright flame lighting up a pathway to joy!
The Chateau Diaries
22 hours ago
❤❤❤
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 'Don't ever change yourself! A living inspiration, bright flame lighting up a pathway to joy!' said a Tattler ever :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
[/QUOTE]
She's comparing SJ to Nelson Mandela? I don't know what to say...

• Haha
Reactions: 14
okay, I'm going to have to Stefend for a moment .... but I was just reviewing a few of her vlogs last night as home work on her finances, and when her dad was around they did a MASSIVE amount of renos in about a 2 year period ... it is all in this vlog ... and I made a list as I listened. I'm all for calling her on her greed and narcissistic behaviour, and for recent years of laziness ... but when daddy was around to keep things on track, and I'd imagine keeping the trades men going, LOADS happened.

Here's the list from this vlog:

Outside
* First job was the chapel roof 2006
* And electricity to the chapel
* Repaired an outbuilding roof
* Repaired the green house roof and new windows with hydraulic system
* Walled garden only had 2-4 small beds, so some beds were added right away
* *Planted box hedging in wall garden
* Put in septic tank in courtyard
* Redid courtyard in gravel and installed the fountain and box hedge

Inside
* Removal of asbestos cladding on the ground floor exterior walls
* Plaster boarded everywhere downstairs and upstairs and added insulation, except for the bedrooms that had vintage wall paper
* took down all the extra walls that had been added to split up the larger rooms, ie. dining room was originally 3 small rooms, and same for grand salon.
* installed geothermal heating, 5 bore holes, down 100 meters each, are outside the
laundry room
* replaced all of the downstairs flooring with putting in under floor heating (all thereception rooms from the petite salon to the billiard room)
* all new electrics
* all new plumbing. They installed 13 new bathrooms
* 2 new septic tanks and a soak away system
* transformed the kitchen

over 300,000 pounds

After daddy’s death she did decorate all the rooms in the chateau

* And the Tack Room &
* Mummy’s apartment were made

That all happened before YouTube

HOW YOUTUBE SAVED MY CHATEAU!!! - YouTube
I totally accept your points - my post was comparing the tenures and YouTube presence to one another and the budget disparities. SJ seemingly needs a project manager that you indicate was once her father’s presence. The last two years she’s had more free money than ever and she hasn’t completed barely anything and is having to repair her initial work when she first moved in. Somehow I don’t think there will be these reoccurring issues with the Fleuries - I maybe wrong, but they seem relatively thorough.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
Want video of Nick unmasked....from about 15:01 onwards, watching from the sofa. Oops

• Haha
  • Sick
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 'Don't ever change yourself! A living inspiration, bright flame lighting up a pathway to joy!' said a Tattler ever :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
She's comparing SJ to Nelson Mandela? I don't know what to say...
[/QUOTE]
Drunk or drugged .... probably both!

Morning All ! :love:

Reactions: 13
Recently we were discussing jury duty. I was called up in my early 20's but I managed to be excused. At the time I was a midwifery student living in Edinburgh. The jury duty coincided with when I was due to have my practical experience in the hospital. So they let me off.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think we are from a similar geographic region, and yes I have a plague of tiny flies where I live too. EWWWW. My floor was covered with dead flies, thank goodness for my Dyson.
I know that many Tattlers are feeling the cold, but Downunder it's so hot!
You are confusing us with some royal dump. Me and my fellow tattlers have proper heating😀.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Or they just leave it as it is. I think that would be SJ worst nightmare coming back to and dealing with the reminder of her manic Dec. Judging by the quality of her output she did not have a good time making the Advent Calendar this year.
Why is Dan making out that he's doing some DIY around La Lande? Hasn't he got enough to be getting on with at his own place? The fixing of the kitchen door turned into a renovation not a a quick fix and he's obviously consulted with SJ as she can't decide on the colour she wants it painting. It all seems strange, especially as he has to mind the boys and now do his video/editing/film making course. Why fix a door that nobody has been bothered with?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.