The Chateau Diaries #104 it was all claws on deck!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
SMH on Dan’s video… paint the damn door white like it was before. SJ will never pick a colour and now we get to see a primed door for ten years.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
So Dan strips the paint off door, and then primes it. Fanny does know what colour she wants it, so put back like that. For Gawds Sake just paint it white then you can add another coat of different colour later. You know that door with never get painted now, it will forever be only primer.

PS @la justice we seem to think the same way at the same time!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
I rewatched it recently myself, and it was hard to find!! Here you go.

This is a beautiful chateau. My favorite part was the mouse running across the floor under a window. I realize that's not unusual in an older building but it struck me as funny. My least favorite part was BJJ interrupting the video playing the piano - such a twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Young stroppy has a digger, it must be serviced every 50 hours.. greased, serviced.. etc. He is much like Dan and loves his toys, but a toy still needs to be maintained.... I wonder if stephanmememe knows this.... This SHITTOO AINT LEGO MY CITY or DUMBO DAVEY DUPLO..
Correct, it's PLAYMOBIL 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The amount of digging that has been done around the courtyard since Ian put in the lights, I expect the cables now resemble lengths of spaghetti. The cables should have been placed in plastic pipe with indicator tape above so anyone digging would be warned.

Having a digger and not using it as much as possible is foolish. (Having a car and walking everywhere). The hours saved are priceless. Unlike cars which register miles/kilometres travelled diggers record how many hours they are used for. This aids in calculating their resale value. Diggers don't devalue at the same rate a cars.
Tracks coming off is a simple fix. Hydraulic hoses can be punctured. In urban areas it's easy to get a mobile repair service in hours to fix hoses. Berry being remote a few spares would be ideal, Inc fluid.
Great advice but it takes a degree of planning. Far too sensible for that lot I'm afraid ;)

Reactions: 6
Clara’s description of how SJ leaves the Shittoo and her boudoir when she closes the doors and jets off reminds me of the students at Uni. Leaving all kinds of crap behind in their dorm rooms for others to attend to. Another example of how she has not progressed into behaving like a responsible adult. She is still stuck as a twenty something unable to transition into adulthood.
Agree! I find her arrested development quite interesting. The superficial things that enchant her reminds me of my girlfriends and I in our 20s. We did themed parties, shopping at Libertys, hoarding clothes (everything from H&M, charity shops to designer), getting invited to Soho house....except we had other interests too, and superficial things lose their shine pretty quickly.
Although Stephanie is much more extreme and more irresponsible than we were. It’s fascinating to watch a well educated, middle class girl who never grew up. She’s like a ghost of Christmas future that we could have become.

Intriguingly, her fashion sense is still stuck in about 2005, around the time she would have turned 30. This is also the same time she bought her chateau, where now lives as an eternal twentysomething. Her lifestyle is almost like a gothic fairytale.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Dan's video tonight. He takes the kitchen door off its hinges, takes it outside and strips the side of the door that is in the kitchen. He then undercoats it but doesn't bother to do anything with the other side of the door (nor the edges of it) which are in a sh*t state too and then rehangs it. Another half-arsed job!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Agree! I find her arrested development quite interesting. The superficial things that enchant her reminds me of my girlfriends and I in our 20s. We did themed parties, shopping at Libertys, hoarding clothes (everything from H&M, charity shops to designer), getting invited to Soho house....except we had other interests too, and superficial things lose their shine pretty quickly.
Although Stephanie is much more extreme and more irresponsible than we were. It’s fascinating to watch a well educated, middle class girl who never grew up. She’s like a ghost of Christmas future that we could have become.

Intriguingly, her fashion sense is still stuck in about 2005, around the time she would have turned 30. This is also the same time she bought her chateau, where now lives as an eternal twentysomething. Her lifestyle is almost like a gothic fairytale.
Maybe she also peaked intellectually more or less at that time, and has been regressing since then? I still think she seemed more mature und interesting in older videos, and even in the concert videos which were posted here today. Her current squeeze is certainly not an intellectually stimulating and empowering presence in her life at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Around the time of the Jim Jones, Guyana tragedy I immersed myself in information about the psychology of cults. It is indeed disturbing - from the likes of Hitler to he-whose-name-shall-not-be-spoken-and-ex-leader in the US, even down to gangs, they prey on those who want to belong, etc. The otherwise most intelligent people can get caught up with it. Maybe their methods at first seem harmless but they begin to take a stronghold and it becomes extremely difficult to "deprogram" the victim.
My sincere apologies if I offended someone with my comments.

Reactions: 4
So Dan strips the paint off door, and then primes it. Fanny does know what colour she wants it, so put back like that. For Gawds Sake just paint it white then you can add another coat of different colour later. You know that door with never get painted now, it will forever be only primer.
Mon Dieu!
There are so many bespoke paint companies out there and so many hundreds of whites dahlink.
Please have sympathy with the hours needed to mull over the paler shades please. (SJ could easily make three vlogs about this choice) I’m sure Snorty ( the Renaissance - what is that?) Davey and the architect will have hours of input too - blah, blah, blah 😁🤔🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 19
What about Maria and Sabine, have they left too, or are they a part of the cleaning brigade? If I were SJ I'd be a bit scared of that, Maria could actually decide to do that seriously, maybe with a skip or two.
From what you can see and hear in Dan's vlog tonight, Maria and Sabine are still there. I heard Kim Raad too, and....Dana! Now there's a surprise...

Dan said he is staying there to look after the place
He also said he did not need to stay over every night.

Dan is looking after it and seems to be staying overnight he says so all will be neat and tidy when she returns! ;)
Oh please.... because Dan said so? He also said he was going to finish his studio before Christmas.

I thought I heard Dana's voice in the kitchen, too.
You've heard right! I'd recognize her screeching voice out of thousands...

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Off topic but I watched the latest contribution from our dear N. Fair Bottom. I must be really bored because I was oddly enthralled with him dusting and putting away his Christmas decorations and I hate dusting! I guess it is calming after watching the chaos that is Lalande!
Someone really needs to stage an intervention in choosing pants that actually fit. His aren’t hanging below his crack thankfully. What is with these guys and their pants!
It seems that there are only two options in the shitoo world, pants hanging below the crack on one side or causing a crack on the other side. Yes, overalls are the solution.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Or a Shakespearean tragedy without the comic element.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Mon Dieu!
There are so many bespoke paint companies out there and so many hundreds of whites dahlink.
Please have sympathy with the hours needed to mull over the paler shades please. (SJ could easily make three vlogs about this choice) I’m sure Snorty ( the Renaissance - what is that?) Davey and the architect will have hours of input too - blah, blah, blah 😁🤔🤔

Designer white? “I Luuv It” Polar white? “It’s Beayuutiful” Antique white? “ It’s my Grandfather’s Fayyvorite”

• Haha
Reactions: 23
From what you can see and hear in Dan's vlog tonight, Maria and Sabine are still there. I heard Kim Raad too, and....Dana! Now there's a surprise...

He also said he did not need to stay over every night.

Oh please.... because Dan said so? He also said he was going to finish his studio before Christmas.

You've heard right! I'd recognize her screeching voice out of thousands...
I was being facetious! 😂

Reactions: 3
Ok I am not an opera fan and I’m a harsh critic of SJ, but gosh she was stunning like a Carolyn Bessette Kennedy type. The French speakers on here - she sounded more fluent and comfortable speaking French than we see on vlogs. Is that correct.
That's who she reminds me of when she looks polished up. I don't like digging at her looks, none of us are model perfect, she does have a CBK
I've heard it mentioned that Steve wanted to be payed for the logo design and branding he did, which obviously cause a fit with SJ who refused, insisting he did this "work" during his time as a volunteer. They couldn't settle the argument amicably, so came up with the solution to not be her patrons anymore. Makes sense, because why would they support her when she's not willing to pay them for services rendered? SJ then decided not to use the logo anymore, to prevent further claims.
Didn't they not spend the holiday with the Lalaland folks?

Well, also ....they have their own chateau now to fix up. I can understand no longer gifting Lalande with Patreon money they certainly need for their chateau.

She really does plunge to new depths of pettiness. That’s why those splash back tiles aren’t completed. I could do that in max 2 hours with all the measurements and scans - yes I have a degree in graphic design and extensive knowledge of the necessary editing and formatting software, but that task is entry level grade (I promise you). This might go some way to explain the pace at which projects go, or aren’t completed at all. What’s the real reason behind other projects not being completed and I don’t want to hear any brico supply BS. She’s mean with the chèquebook or she’s spent the patreon money elsewhere on set dressings.
Her relationships are transactional and that’s so sinister.

Geez she loves to find entry level beginners with little experience for all her projects! The only experienced professionals I've seen so far are Tree Guy, Matt, and Ian the Builder.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.