The Chateau Diaries #104 it was all claws on deck!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 976996View attachment 976998View attachment 977005View attachment 977059View attachment 977060View attachment 977061
[/QUOTE]
No, he still actually likes to be her best friend. I know it's kind of hard to grasp and at first I thought she must have something dirty on him that she's threatening to expose, but the weird dynamic between the three of them seems to be liked and appreciated by all of them. This is another reason I'm convinced it will not last between SnortSquirrel Cameltoe and the BalconyShoutesse: in the end that relationship will interfere too much with this construction they have thought out, where the boys can have a significant other but at the same time always pay first loyalty to SJ.
[/QUOTE

It is hard for me to grasp tbh @Clara Burnett. To have two exes constantly in the background, numbers still in your phone, and to top it all, holidaying with you at a drop of a hat. strikes me as so weird. Flipping the scenario the other way round, if Hubby had two of his exes doing same, we'd not be married, I just could not deal with them and any of their subsequent partners, forever turning up like bad pennies.
In my humble opionion, unless there are children involved, an ex is an ex for good reason and never to be contacted again.

Reactions: 10
you mean that plump dumpling little wife of Shreck ?

How do you think that allegiance sits with Marie ?
I think they all sweep up anything that might seem off under the carpet and pretend they live this perfect utopian community life? Nick's Marie included, especially since she only come for holidays. At the end of the day, having a share in a chateau is much more important to them than obsessing over the fact that both Potty and Larkin are still best friends with their common ex XD.

Reactions: 4
Why is Sabine referred to as Land Girl? There is nothing remotely Land Girl about her. As a vintage dresser I find it very annoying!

• Haha
I've heard it mentioned that Steve wanted to be payed for the logo design and branding he did, which obviously cause a fit with SJ who refused, insisting he did this "work" during his time as a volunteer. They couldn't settle the argument amicably, so came up with the solution to not be her patrons anymore. Makes sense, because why would they support her when she's not willing to pay them for services rendered? SJ then decided not to use the logo anymore, to prevent further claims.
I guess this means he won't be giving Daddy's tiles any priority any time soon:
S: Hi Stephanie. I have finally finished your Daddy's tiles.
F: Oooh wonderful. He was such a talented artist you know. He loved LaLande. My patrons (all $33,000 dollars a month of them) will be delighted to know that they will be restored to their rightful place on the kitchen walls of LaLande. When will you be delivering them?
S: Any time Stephanie. It has taken hundreds of hours to organise, digitalise, improvise and complevise. Will you pay on delivery? Cash is welcome. In fact cash is king, I have a small project of wallpapering my downstairs loo with materials from Brico that I want to complete and this will make it possible.
F: WHAT! I didn't think a bill would be accompanying this gift to me of my father's art. It is his art after all. Oh Daddy. He loved LaLande, you know? How about you give it to as a gift and I will open them on a GAG special and we can monetarise it and I will give you the proceeds of the episode.
S: I hear you Stephanie, but there is one, teeny weeny snagette. I am not a charity.
F: Oh but you can set one up and then everything will be tax free. PERRFECT. What a day. My father's art will be in the kitchen. He loved LaLande you know.......

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I know that kind of girl. A blushing flower generating sympathy and playing victim all while sleeping with your bf/gf.
Well, I bet she wished she had too found a man at the Shitoo like Natti. Doubt there's a lot of choice in Haworth?

Reactions: 9
Now, I'm not a fan of the Fleuries taste - it's got a bit of a new paint smell look about everything. That's besides the point - this video is such a kick in the teeth to our sweet SJ, and to her SIXTEEN years spent at the Chateau in comparison to the Fleuries TWO. I suspect, SJ had a significantly larger budget when you take into account her parent's hidden fortune and the alleged ill-gotten gains from the nursing home residents. They really showed us the definition of before and after and how to complete their projects. I like them two - they're hard workers and they make it happen with their resources whereas out Princess only gets the paintbrush out when Chateau DIY comes calling in order to get her Channel 4 prestige.

It's also worth noting that the Fleuries seem to have a plan of action with stages they tackle, clearing their way onto the next project - take heed SJ.
SJ originally said she needed the BnB to help run the HMN, clearly things have now changed with the help of the militia in the superchat and the patreon support - but surely she knows that will eventually fade into a distant memory. If she were wise enough she'd get that garden into an all season visitor attraction whilst being self sufficient, have the utility necessities overhauled into the 21st century (having a totally separate system for the BnB so it's always functional would be smart), and resolve all the structural issues ASAP. Oh but no, our SJ wants her disproportioned panelling in the grande salon, china pantry, boudoir, and tasteless themed wallpaper that is easily mistaken for the backdrop of a children's soft play ball pit or the ladies room at Annabel's where you score your line of coke. She really has exposed herself to be totally inept in comparison, it's a shame really because she had every advantage. If I were Amaury and I had any care for my cousin I'd be spiking her biscuit tea with Ritalin.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Why is Sabine referred to as Land Girl? There is nothing remotely Land Girl about her. As a vintage dresser I find it very annoying!
There was a CD vlog in the not-so-distant past where she was in a charity shop admiring some plaid skirts and she waxed nostalgic about the blitz and fantasized about being a Land Girl.

Reactions: 17
I'm behind but I keep reading about Marie giving up on Haworth. Where is this coming from? Is it because of that one IG post about wanting to change spaces? I think she just means out of that sewer shaped dungeon she is tucked away in? If she leaves Haworth where she has some good support, I can't imagine her leaving so soon. I guess we will see soon enough.
You're right. I think we just felt like she was being ungrateful in her stories, like Haworth wasn't that exiting anymore. But maybe we read too much into it and she indeed feels at home there.
She talked so much about Suffolk though...

• Sad
Reactions: 14
There was a CD vlog in the not-so-distant past where she was in a charity shop admiring some plaid skirts and she waxed nostalgic about the blitz and fantasized about being a Land Girl.
Thank you. I do remember seeing that now. I wear 30's - 50's style (mostly 40's) every day. I love it! 😊

• Heart
Or a Shakespearean tragedy without the comic element.
Haha, on the contrary! Stephanie and her rag tag, band of misfits are hilarious

Maybe she also peaked intellectually more or less at that time, and has been regressing since then? I still think she seemed more mature und interesting in older videos, and even in the concert videos which were posted here today. Her current squeeze is certainly not an intellectually stimulating and empowering presence in her life at the moment.
Yes, you could be right, there’s some regression going on there. All the more gothic!

• Haha
Now, I'm not a fan of the Fleuries taste - it's got a bit of a new paint smell look about everything. That's besides the point - this video is such a kick in the teeth to our sweet SJ, and to her SIXTEEN years spent at the Chateau in comparison to the Fleuries TWO. I suspect, SJ had a significantly larger budget when you take into account her parent's hidden fortune and the alleged ill-gotten gains from the nursing home residents. They really showed us the definition of before and after and how to complete their projects. I like them two - they're hard workers and they make it happen with their resources whereas out Princess only gets the paintbrush out when Chateau DIY comes calling in order to get her Channel 4 prestige.

It's also worth noting that the Fleuries seem to have a plan of action with stages they tackle, clearing their way onto the next project - take heed SJ.
SJ originally said she needed the BnB to help run the HMN, clearly things have now changed with the help of the militia in the superchat and the patreon support - but surely she knows that will eventually fade into a distant memory. If she were wise enough she'd get that garden into an all season visitor attraction whilst being self sufficient, have the utility necessities overhauled into the 21st century (having a totally separate system for the BnB so it's always functional would be smart), and resolve all the structural issues ASAP. Oh but no, our SJ wants her disproportioned panelling in the grande salon, china pantry, boudoir, and tasteless themed wallpaper that is easily mistaken for the backdrop of a children's soft play ball pit or the ladies room at Annabel's where you score your line of coke. She really has exposed herself to be totally inept in comparison, it's a shame really because she had every advantage. If I were Amaury and I had any care for my cousin I'd be spiking her biscuit tea with Ritalin.

Again, I repeat that I am a big fan of Anna and Philip....the Fleuries!

• Heart
Reactions: 17

okay, I'm going to have to Stefend for a moment .... but I was just reviewing a few of her vlogs last night as home work on her finances, and when her dad was around they did a MASSIVE amount of renos in about a 2 year period ... it is all in this vlog ... and I made a list as I listened. I'm all for calling her on her greed and narcissistic behaviour, and for recent years of laziness ... but when daddy was around to keep things on track, and I'd imagine keeping the trades men going, LOADS happened.

Here's the list from this vlog:

Outside
* First job was the chapel roof 2006
* And electricity to the chapel
* Repaired an outbuilding roof
* Repaired the green house roof and new windows with hydraulic system
* Walled garden only had 2-4 small beds, so some beds were added right away
* *Planted box hedging in wall garden
* Put in septic tank in courtyard
* Redid courtyard in gravel and installed the fountain and box hedge

Inside
* Removal of asbestos cladding on the ground floor exterior walls
* Plaster boarded everywhere downstairs and upstairs and added insulation, except for the bedrooms that had vintage wall paper
* took down all the extra walls that had been added to split up the larger rooms, ie. dining room was originally 3 small rooms, and same for grand salon.
* installed geothermal heating, 5 bore holes, down 100 meters each, are outside the
laundry room
* replaced all of the downstairs flooring with putting in under floor heating (all thereception rooms from the petite salon to the billiard room)
* all new electrics
* all new plumbing. They installed 13 new bathrooms
* 2 new septic tanks and a soak away system
* transformed the kitchen

over 300,000 pounds

After daddy’s death she did decorate all the rooms in the chateau

* And the Tack Room &
* Mummy’s apartment were made

That all happened before YouTube

HOW YOUTUBE SAVED MY CHATEAU!!! - YouTube

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Diesel is always unrecognisable after having a rare haircut! He looks so much better but it's very strange that he had to go through the summer heat in France with very thick, long hair and now, when it's the coldest time of the year in the UK, he has a haircut! Tati probably insisted on it. The Tesco supermarket tour was excruciating as all his shop tours are. Tati's reading aloud of the church and county info was dreadful. It's always obvious when Spenderalla (that was a good name someone suggested!) is reading from Wikipedia or guidebooks and Tati is even worse. The blast of music in Selmar's vlogs is always too loud and sounds distorted. For non-UK Tatlers: be assured, there are plenty of much more interesting and beautiful places in both Suffolk and Norfolk, but Selmar manages to make everything boring. His vlogs would never encourage anyone to expect anything enjoyable, interesting, or exciting in their proposed festivals and dance salons.
Actually à dog's coat protects it from the heat.Dogs should not be shaved in the summer months.It's a common misconception.In the winter it protects against the cold.Just basic grooming will do:)

Reactions: 8
okay, I'm going to have to Stefend for a moment .... but I was just reviewing a few of her vlogs last night as home work on her finances, and when her dad was around they did a MASSIVE amount of renos in about a 2 year period ... it is all in this vlog ... and I made a list as I listened. I'm all for calling her on her greed and narcissistic behaviour, and for recent years of laziness ... but when daddy was around to keep things on track, and I'd imagine keeping the trades men going, LOADS happened.

Here's the list from this vlog:

Outside
* First job was the chapel roof 2006
* And electricity to the chapel
* Repaired an outbuilding roof
* Repaired the green house roof and new windows with hydraulic system
* Walled garden only had 2-4 small beds, so some beds were added right away
* *Planted box hedging in wall garden
* Put in septic tank in courtyard
* Redid courtyard in gravel and installed the fountain and box hedge

Inside
* Removal of asbestos cladding on the ground floor exterior walls
* Plaster boarded everywhere downstairs and upstairs and added insulation, except for the bedrooms that had vintage wall paper
* took down all the extra walls that had been added to split up the larger rooms, ie. dining room was originally 3 small rooms, and same for grand salon.
* installed geothermal heating, 5 bore holes, down 100 meters each, are outside the
laundry room
* replaced all of the downstairs flooring with putting in under floor heating (all thereception rooms from the petite salon to the billiard room)
* all new electrics
* all new plumbing. They installed 13 new bathrooms
* 2 new septic tanks and a soak away system
* transformed the kitchen

this spend all the inheritance, over 300,000 pounds

After daddy’s death she did decorate all the rooms in the chateau

* And the Tack Room &
* Mummy’s apartment were made

That all happened before YouTube

HOW YOUTUBE SAVED MY CHATEAU!!! - YouTube
Ok, let’s agree that was an immense reno managed by her father- the key element is management of projects to see them through to the end. Don’t flit from project to project in an adderall induced frenzy. Don’t slap wallpaper on top of spackle and call it done!

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.