The Chateau Diaries #104 it was all claws on deck!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's what I thought. I bet she'll be livid when she sees that šŸ¤£

Ummm, let me have a think .....remove old paint from the door in situ in the kitchen, or outside where it'll blend in with the pink gravel....she probably wouldn't care, or even notice...

Reactions: 11
Thanks all that answered about "It's a Wonderful Life".
Yes they are a bit strange, but I do admire them for selling the Chateau when they realised they couldn't afford it. It was heart breaking for them. When I watched their packing videos I was very sad for them.
They said others had told them to set up a patreon or go fund me so they could keep the Chateau, but they thought that was morally wrong, to expect ours to pay for their lifestyle. They are very devoted to each other and work well together. But she shouldn't feed the Coypu!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I know that your word is gospel here . . . I don't see her having a break down, I see her getting stronger and stronger. Just my opinion and I know I will get beaten up for it. She seems to be thriving during all the chaos. I know, I know any day now . . .
I think SJ is keeping appearances. She is out of idea's, and her laziness is biting her in the a**.
I bet she will try to finalize a project in q1.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I can't locate which Chateau Diaries toured Marc's family chateau not Chateau La Rosiere's. Help please.
Abuela, search the CD channel or YT for Explore This Mystery Chateau!

Edit: Thanks Marty for replying first...I'll give up assisting. šŸ˜›

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Ummm, let me have a think .....remove old paint from the door in situ in the kitchen, or outside where it'll blend in with the pink gravel....she probably wouldn't care, or even notice...
Maybe he got the flamethrower out and burnt the old paint to dust! That would have made a good video, but then again he got so much shade (rightly so) when he lit the fire inside he decided not to show us.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Yes they are a bit strange, but I do admire them for selling the Chateau when they realised they couldn't afford it. It was heart breaking for them. When I watched their packing videos I was very sad for them.
They said others had told them to set up a patreon or go fund me so they could keep the Chateau, but they thought that was morally wrong, to expect ours to pay for their lifestyle. They are very devoted to each other and work well together. But she shouldn't feed the Coypu!
I do like them and they clearly adore each other. They are a bit odd but aren't we all?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Why is Dan making out that he's doing some DIY around La Lande? Hasn't he got enough to be getting on with at his own place? The fixing of the kitchen door turned into a renovation not a a quick fix and he's obviously consulted with SJ as she can't decide on the colour she wants it painting. It all seems strange, especially as he has to mind the boys and now do his video/editing/film making course. Why fix a door that nobody has been bothered with?
Maybe Dan received a "Honey Do" list of tasks invented to keep him busy and invested in checking up on the place!

Reactions: 17
Agree. The strangest thing they did (apart from feeding the Coypu), was to go Brecante shopping in their new area looking for new furniture just after they moved in. This was after downsizing from a chateau and putting lorry loads into storage. Maybe Brecante shopping becomes addictive.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The fleuries update was interesting, they have achieved a LOT. Really throws shade at Fanny who might have been around for the two years when her father got things done (doubt she had much to do with it) but has done little in the subsequent 15 years. Apart from cover every wall in clashing busy wallpapers, fabrics, overdressed windows, hideous fusty furniture, just too much.
The fleuries style is so clean and light in contrast, so refreshing. I know some people find it a bit bland but for sure I'd prefer any of their rooms to the headache inducing mess and clutter of lalande.
And comparing their downstairs bathrooms, guest loos or whatever, Anna's brilliant mural wins hands down šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ». Good job Fleuries!!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Want video of Nick unmasked....from about 15:01 onwards, watching from the sofa. Oops
Gosh this was sad to watch. I loved this version of SJā€™s life. It was the gaggle of friends crazy catch up over a few days with activities, shared food, etc. I know COVID has impacted travel, but gee she must miss those gatherings.

Reactions: 19
Oh, good grief.... FRK needs a problem. Now it's her fear of ankle twisting???

View attachment 977639
Well it looks like FRK is back in Haworth ? guessing from that photo of her running. She will have more than a twisted ankle to worry about if Nikki and Cobbled Clay and Bradford Council, other shop keepers and residents are Tattlers or read her whinge about having to work and do things she does not enjoy, yes, she needs someone "telling her what to do". I hope she has been given 3 rent books, 1 for bed and board and 1 for studio space and the pub car park also needs paying with more than another wreath. Folk are soft in the head if this continues, she is a 30 year old woman who lives in cuckoo land and thinks a few twigs / dead flowers that she cut for free on walk that she then shoves in a jam jar to photograph can sustain her, good luck with that in a wet / cold Yorkshire winter !

• Haha
  • Heart
Why is Dan making out that he's doing some DIY around La Lande? Hasn't he got enough to be getting on with at his own place? The fixing of the kitchen door turned into a renovation not a a quick fix and he's obviously consulted with SJ as she can't decide on the colour she wants it painting. It all seems strange, especially as he has to mind the boys and now do his video/editing/film making course. Why fix a door that nobody has been bothered with?
Because that is his work place, so he has to put in hours there! He never said he was working less days at La Lande because Annalise is working 4 days a week. Probably he's just moved his La Lande work days to the 3 days she's off. And working in a school is usually more like a 6 hour day around here if you're more of an assistant and not the teacher. So he can probably still get hours in at the chateau on her work days.

• Haha
I think that, many times, people are victims of their own success. They start off with something good, it takes off, and then theyā€™re not prepared for what happens next. They are surprised by the success, fear it will end, and then either try too hard (and fail) or forget to recapture what made them successful to begin with. Perfect example is MPKā€¦I think he was really surprised (at first) that when he offhandedly wished for something, it was magically sent to him. And I think he was shocked that so many people wanted to support his cottage renovation. He became so big headed, thought he was invincible and the money would keep rolling in, but didnā€™t realize Madrid would be a disaster. Now, he has no idea how to recapture what made people like his channel in the first place, or how to reinvent himself. He has no ā€œfallbackā€ except to continue sponging off his family.

SJ is headed there, too. Her channel has changed so much since the beginning. Sheā€™s pulling in a lot of money on Patreon, but more and more people are questioning whatā€™s happening. Sheā€™s not invincibleā€¦at some point, things will cave. But, in her case, unlike Michael, I think sheā€™ll have quite a nice little nest egg at the end. A pool of cash that was never used on any projects.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Can anyone please tell me the name of the channel for the couple that owned a chateau and then had to sell it. They wear vintage clothes and the house they now live in has a lake and she was feeding the coypu?
Gosh this was sad to watch. I loved this version of SJā€™s life. It was the gaggle of friends crazy catch up over a few days with activities, shared food, etc. I know COVID has impacted travel, but gee she must miss those gatherings.
she just had one over the holidays! What are you talking aboutšŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Or they just leave it as it is. I think that would be SJ worst nightmare coming back to and dealing with the reminder of her manic Dec. Judging by the quality of her output she did not have a good time making the Advent Calendar this year.
It was quantity over quality and she showed very little enjoyment in the Christmas preparations. It all seemed a bit tedious for Princess Stephanme.

Reactions: 21
Nicolas Fairslax made me get off my ass today and finally take Christmas down. I was amusing hubby by whispering things like, "I like to carefully wrap my baubles in tissue before placing them delicately away for a long winter's nap."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Oh he does and so does Potty. The location of the good ones, that is. It would be unthinkable if she would not be the "accidentally" lucky princess who finds them.
This amazes me! If you want 'good ones' just buy them.

It reminds me of story my colleague told me. He caught his aunt putting aldi cola into coca cola bottles and serving their guest cheap wine while they filled up their glasses from the bottle in the fridge šŸ¤‘ (there are many more cheapskate stories from this aunt)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I think that, many times, people are victims of their own success. They start off with something good, it takes off, and then theyā€™re not prepared for what happens next. They are surprised by the success, fear it will end, and then either try too hard (and fail) or forget to recapture what made them successful to begin with. Perfect example is MPKā€¦I think he was really surprised (at first) that when he offhandedly wished for something, it was magically sent to him. And I think he was shocked that so many people wanted to support his cottage renovation. He became so big headed, thought he was invincible and the money would keep rolling in, but didnā€™t realize Madrid would be a disaster. Now, he has no idea how to recapture what made people like his channel in the first place, or how to reinvent himself. He has no ā€œfallbackā€ except to continue sponging off his family.

SJ is headed there, too. Her channel has changed so much since the beginning. Sheā€™s pulling in a lot of money on Patreon, but more and more people are questioning whatā€™s happening. Sheā€™s not invincibleā€¦at some point, things will cave. But, in her case, unlike Michael, I think sheā€™ll have quite a nice little nest egg at the end. A pool of cash that was never used on any projects.
Yes, kind of sad about MP. I hope he can get his groove back (just as I hope all of the lost chateau folk find their way.) He should just focus on what made people tune in in the first place. Consistent, interesting videos; and FFS, break out those paints again - people are begging him for merch.

For SJ, I think her vlogs will greatly improve aprĆØs PJ; especially if she ditches the vulgar cadeau.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Used to be called Chateau La Croix Honnet and is now called It's A Wonderful Life.
I liked them and wanted them to have a happy, successful life in their new home. They work hard, and have so much love for each other. Hope that they are okay.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Nicolas Fairslax made me get off my ass today and finally take Christmas down. I was amusing hubby by whispering things like, "I like to carefully wrap my baubles in tissue before placing them delicately away for a long winter's nap."
I prefer my baubles manhandled.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.