The Chateau Diaries #103 Keep your dreams, SJ. Give everyone else their money back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
great grandparents and the 'ice bucket'
That ice bucket was extremely ugly and I can't imagine that SJ wanted it on her table. It also seemed odd that something given to a hard-working, possibly low-paid, miner at the end of his career, would end up being used as an ice bucket for an expensive bottle of champagne at a chateau owned by a wealthy hedonist. I wonder if it wasn't really an ice bucket all.
It seems he has brought to the chateau practically everything both he and his grandparents' family owned, he really sees himself there for life! If they can't manage to get to SA or to Venice (and Italy is in a pretty bad state again now with Covid), she will be bored to death if she has to say at LL with just him and one or two others so he may be out sooner rather than later. It was also stupid for Amaury to go to Argentina; they could easily get stuck there. He went to LL to do the panelling and now that may well not get done this year. What a dysfunctional place led by a dysfunctional woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
don’t acknowledge it, or talk about it, and it will go away
Sadie did the same. She had a scandalous past calling a religious group the c word. Confronted on Facebook with it, she ignored it.
Credit is due, where credit is due and Sadie does put out vlogs consistently and she does provide for the animals and children. But she would have have high marks in my book if she had had a heartfelt vlog about the situation; saying why she did it, how she now sees it was wrong, we all have a past, we learn and we grow.
Yet again Sadie covering for Bully's desserting the army tarnishes her reputation. As most say here, it has tarnished the family's reputation, and with a grandfather who fought in Normandy(?), it must be shameful, but they don't seem to care...

I saw her most recent vlog and the fact that Ma Sherrie looked like Heimlich the caterpillar from A Bug's Life, with her green down coat, LV bag and LV phone cover made me laugh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Ok, let's be fair then. The business he is running was build by his parents, who still run the restaurant, which is only open for two or three nights a week in summer season and closed in winter. Cheeseguy only serves the guests every now and then, but does not cook, the food is prepared by his parents. The cheese factory he was building is also based on the success of his hardworking parents. I'm not saying he doesn't work hard himself, because he does, keeping a farm running is no small thing. But even when working, his true mind is in his pants: he loves to play with the very young interns he employs.

As for Larkin and the bag over his head: please read my remarks in previous threads where I've mentioned it extensively.
Ok I looked all through the threads and I cannot find where you talk about why he puts that STOOPID bag on his head. I did see the photos of him with shirt off tho and I did get increasingly angry as I read the posts over just what a total asshole SJ and IJ are. Like crazy angry. I Literally don't think i can watch any more. I might explode.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
New Year's at Steph's seemed strained...
The big "ice" bucket amongst dainty little hors d' oeuvres was ridiculous. Almost as if Phil's metaphorically wanted to lord over the manor. He always seems to quiet down when the other owners are around. He will be snorting around as soon as they all go back to work.
And, of course, he set the table.
Only an inexperienced young person would set a NY's table with everyday Spode. The labradors, deer, and other woodland creatures (the actual pattern is called "woodland") depicted on the plates must appeal to the 25-year-old.

Selmar, Michael, Marie...all were cast aside when Philip came into the picture. The emotional damage she did to all three is glaringly apparent. They are still hurt and confused and trying to find their way... (in my opinion). They really were (along with her bitchy mother) the fabric of her vlogs that made her successful in the beginning.
She damaged the growth of her channel and her long-term survival on YouTube by sleeping with a gay teenager.
All is not lost, Steph still has her tax-free money from the grannies' pensions propping her up and Philip to keep her entertained.
She will tire of him.
I’m a little surprised that MPK wasn’t present at the New Year’s Party. If he had been extended an invitation I’m sure he would have been there, unless he couldn’t arrange for a ride to La La Lande. New Year’s is a big night for MPK! Maybe SJ’s party would have been too dull for him…but he always seems to perk up anywhere he goes with a bottle of booze in hand!

Reactions: 19
Oh wow..... I could have used him that time I ask someone I ASSUMED was going to be a toothless local in some random town on the I5.... um no... he was a STUNNING firefighter with that THING down the sides of his tummy (I know the name, but keeping it clean for the kids) the ones next to his 6 pack... oh... and he spoke french... he was about 20 years younger than I was, I was doing a freedom run for 5 shelter doggies from soCal to Canada, I hadn't slept for about 26 hrs at this point AND my car was now filled with poop and I think I was covered in it. I was trying to get the chains off my car. I couldn't. I think I was swearing and crying at the same time. He turned around... and... yup. Could. No. Longer. Talk. All I wanted to do was slip into my time machine-and then something a little more comfortable 🤪 like.... uh.. ya... he actually did the courtesy of being flirty - which then had me drive off IN THE WRONG DIRECTION 😒 and he saw. And he knew. And then I had to sit and hide. Like a moron. He was even a blonde which is just not my type but lord - how was his damn stomach TAN in the middle of winter🤯 jeezus. Yup. I needed that on-site airbrushing🙄 immediately. Or a time machine. Either would have done.

Omg - did he move to Scottsdale? 🤣🤣
I used to live in Scottsdale so I know EXACTLy what you are saying !!!! LOL

Reactions: 1
She will tire of him.
And if Her money runs out for some reason....... He will tire of her!

Its like he planned it all and he was so lucky that it went his way as I don't think he wants to have a proper job-- Ever !!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Looks like old Cheeseguy is a wanker too !!!

My Mother used to say "girls that wear red shoes don't wear undies " !! :eek:

Does Fanny have any red shoes??? :ROFLMAO:
I wore red shoes to my first communion (that full crimson red). It caused a bit of a scandal at the time.
Given one third of the table (Potty, Ruth, Nic, Marie & Antoine) did not know the another third (2 volunteers, Miracle Bubble Girl, MBG mother) the game was probably a good suggestion to have something to talk about in common other than grandparents and musical theatre.
I am sure in the past with ok’d friends these murder mystery dinner parties would have been a hoot.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Rory ..... I know you are passionate about the Shutters ! I thought they decided to ditch them??? The Chateau "will look better without them" Fanny and that lady architect said some time ago. Or... has that changed again???
I did like the look of the blue shutters on the old wreak.
Still ...... you will not see them much when and IF those courtyard trees start growing.

Morning All :love:
Thought the shutters that Amaury made were inside shutters. She wants to omit the outside ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She doesnt look like herself, or maybe she finally does lool her age
But maybe it is that empty soulless gaze which courtis is able to capture
He is able to seize her miserable self in time - i applaud him
I'm wondering if some of this IS more like her real looks. What we see on CD is iPhone filter fake, over-exposed skin hiding the texture and variation. If the humdrum feelings captured here are more like her true self, then all the over the top yellow sunshine in her own videos is over-compensation. Does she like these Curtis photos? Why did she allow this to be released?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I wore red shoes to my first communion (that full crimson red). It caused a bit of a scandal at the time.
Lol! My mom was pissed at our church (over some slight) when I made my 1st communion so she made me wear my tennis outfit...it barely covered my butt cheeks. I don't think I ever lived that one down.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
He is about the only one still trying to talk some kind of sense into her, unsuccessful obviously, but at least he's trying, I'd give him that. He's a limp dick whenever there was one, he never did impress her with his arguments even when she was still valuing his opinion, a mindset she abandoned when she started dating that twit Squirrel Camelpants. It must be extremely difficult for Larkin that the one thing that used to set him apart from the other devotees, his shining sense of ethics, nowadays has even less of a sway than before. SJ's true personality has come out like a Jack-in-the-Box and there seems to be no-one capable of adjusting the course. I predict there's way more trouble ahead.
You can bet she is "backed up" by Squirrel Boyfriend..... now I do not think he would "have it out " with the other two owners face to face but .... while in the "Pink Love Den" he will be whispering in her ear that he agrees with her ways and this is what she should do etc etc.
With Squirrel Boyfriend in her corner she would be so hard to deal with and try to make her see logic !!
They must HATE him.

Reactions: 20
Lol! My mom was pissed at our church (over some slight) when I made my 1st communion so she made me wear my tennis outfit...it barely covered my butt cheeks. I don't think I ever lived that one down.
Oh @sadie2 I spat my wine out. That is hysterical!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
i hate to play games..if some one came up with a murdermystery at newyearseve i think i would retire to my bedroom...with a bottle of champagne..or maybe 2..and that person never got an invation again..
With you there Le Comte...... I hate games too.
They are for children .

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Did Maaike not say her mother was a gifted stylist and SJ wanted to pick her brain, in desperate need of revamping? Or was she easily satisfied with the work of dear friend CRW? The mother didn't look like much of a stylist...
You can't make this :poop: up. Everyone has an angle.

I can't wait for her to style BJJ.

1641465712090.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Murder mysteries is Potty's go-to when they are all so bored out of their minds from all the other parties they have nothing to say to each other anymore. Most of these people have been sitting next to each other for weeks now and would love to spend some time apart, but no, SJ want to live it up again and so everyone needs to participate. It is seriously nothing to be jealous about to be a part of that group.
I agree. You said that SJ and SS absented themselves until nearly midnight, which would have left the volunteers with Potts and the Larkins. They must have been thrilled. You said it was "flat" and it certainly seemed that way. Not even a sparkler for the cameras could ignite it. I used to think she made the best of the company she had, but she just uses them as camera fodder and does not want to put in the time with them.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I think that during their latest video about New Year and all of their ramblings, he mentioned being very low over the past year and being alone and having no-one to talk to who was a friend. Maybe this is the reason for his constant camper van trips and staying at the other chateau.
I couldn't understand most of what he was mumbling.Sorry for him. Bu
Only Canadians that have an accent to my ear are those from Newfoundland, the rest of us sound the same!
That is what I thought!! Ha Ha!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.