The Chateau Diaries #103 Keep your dreams, SJ. Give everyone else their money back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And they don't even get to find out who the murderer was!
By that time they are all too drunk to care about Potty's feelings, which was the only reason to participate in the first place, to please him. Thee is nothing more boring I can think of than playing a game like that with people who's hearts aren't in it.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
If this twenty-something young man can do it, surely SJ could too... :rolleyes: especially with all the money that's flowing in.
Edouard Guyot is the name of this young man. The video about his château popped up today on my feed and I watched the whole thing even though it is VERY long. He's very well spoken and the video is subtitled in English.
The undertaking is mammoth, but he's managed to find qualified French artisans who get the job done! Hint hint all of you English-speaking château owners who complain they can't find proper tradesmen in France :mad:

A labour of love and dedication, impressive.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
That's a bit unfair he has a business that he runs and it must be somewhat successful with all the building and new machinery etc that was going on when Fanny visited. Also the restaurant seemed quite popular with the locals the night Fanny when with her crew.

I'm curious Clara do you know why Nick has his bag over the head policy?
Ok, let's be fair then. The business he is running was build by his parents, who still run the restaurant, which is only open for two or three nights a week in summer season and closed in winter. Cheeseguy only serves the guests every now and then, but does not cook, the food is prepared by his parents. The cheese factory he was building is also based on the success of his hardworking parents. I'm not saying he doesn't work hard himself, because he does, keeping a farm running is no small thing. But even when working, his true mind is in his pants: he loves to play with the very young interns he employs.

As for Larkin and the bag over his head: please read my remarks in previous threads where I've mentioned it extensively.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Further creepiness, I CANNOT stand beige either and have never owned anything that colour. I really love the look of neutrals on others but I could never do it. Shoes are another issue but not as many heels, my feet hate them. Have you ever done the Harry Potter sorting hat online? I have tried it a few times, Slytherin every time :censored:
We are totally going off topic and I hope our fellow tattlers won't get upset: I took the quiz. No slytherin for me Gryffindor. ( I feel like a HP fangirl)

I don't own a huge amount of shoes. Mainly because I have a child-size shoe size and high street retail doesn't carry my size.

Beige take our shine away..Never do beige! :m

Reactions: 4
Ah now in fairness - unless she’s absolutely caked in slap 👋

SSB gives a good run at dog ruff 🐶
She’s needs filters 🙄
View attachment 965715View attachment 965714
View attachment 965710
Eh he shaved 🪒 at leaste 10lbs off on this epic …. Yellow monstrosity
View attachment 965716View attachment 965717
He took 10 years off the jawline
And that’s without 1 month recovery ❤‍🩹
View attachment 965711
I wish I could take ten years off my jawline...permanently without surgery!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
He actually brought that thing with him? We've heard about his dinner service, cutlery and Grandma's clothes but what else has he brought? Grandma's toilet brush, Grandpa's denture mug?
I had a good laugh when I read about PJ bringing the ice bucket with him. I rely on you folks with regards to what are in the vlogs, as I don't have the strength to watch them. I would have loved to see PJ's arrival at the shitoo, it gives me a flashback to when the Beverly Hillbillies moved to Kaliforni.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
just watched Niki Postano's latest video. Her and Carlos were travelling from France iinto England, and she commented that filling out papers in order to travel, one of the questions for residents of France was what was the compelling reason for the travel. Apparently visiting relatives is not one of the accepted reasons. This did not apply to Niki as they were just travelling thru France. interesting.. maybe SA trip may be off
That's been a ruling for some time but it hasn't stopped people, some of my husbands customers being some of them. It's only been in the last week that things have been stepped up. If I was to return to the UK to visit family, nothing has changed that much regards paperwork. My return into France is different as I'd have to state my reasons for returning(I live and work here), got to have a neg test to travel back and then book another for my return and quarantine until a neg result received. The Gendarmes WILL visit you in the first 24hrs of your return to check you're staying put.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
New Year's at Steph's seemed strained...
The big "ice" bucket amongst dainty little hors d' oeuvres was ridiculous. Almost as if Phil's metaphorically wanted to lord over the manor. He always seems to quiet down when the other owners are around. He will be snorting around as soon as they all go back to work.
And, of course, he set the table.
Only an inexperienced young person would set a NY's table with everyday Spode. The labradors, deer, and other woodland creatures (the actual pattern is called "woodland") depicted on the plates must appeal to the 25-year-old.

Selmar, Michael, Marie...all were cast aside when Philip came into the picture. The emotional damage she did to all three is glaringly apparent. They are still hurt and confused and trying to find their way... (in my opinion). They really were (along with her bitchy mother) the fabric of her vlogs that made her successful in the beginning.
She damaged the growth of her channel and her long-term survival on YouTube by sleeping with a gay teenager.
All is not lost, Steph still has her tax-free money from the grannies' pensions propping her up and Philip to keep her entertained.
She will tire of him.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
So I see Annalise has got herself a job four days a week working at a school? Good for her. Now Dan will have to step up his parental responsibilities.
Yes, I was so happy for her it willl do her the power of good and it would be lovely if it became a permanent job, it would then stop that stupid woman calling Dan out to fix something she should have already got fixed years ago. Also if he's home more, it gives him more time to carry on with their own place.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
That is exactly why I would want to hire him -- she looks immensely improved!! And so much younger and hipper!
Now think of what someone with actual knowledge of photoshop could achieve!

Exactly.... he knows what to get rid off .... her hooked nose , sunken cheeks and that forehead!

He would make Squirrel Boyfriend look like Brad Pitt crossed with David Beckham !!!
He does know what to get rid off, but leaves the evidence of his "work" for all to see and subsequently lies about it. That's not only very unprofessional, it's damn right stupid. He has not done her any favors with this photoshoot, to say the least.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
If this twenty-something young man can do it, surely SJ could too... :rolleyes: especially with all the money that's flowing in.
Edouard Guyot is the name of this young man. The video about his château popped up today on my feed and I watched the whole thing even though it is VERY long. He's very well spoken and the video is subtitled in English.
The undertaking is mammoth, but he's managed to find qualified French artisans who get the job done! Hint hint all of you English-speaking château owners who complain they can't find proper tradesmen in France :mad:

I watched this also, it’s fantastic what can be achieved when you want to get the job done.

Reactions: 13
With the world in crisis again with this virus, it is nice to have YT as a distraction, but the Pethericks are ridiculous!
Who can watch it all? Who wants to?
Why don't they merge to one Channel? As a whole they might have infinite possibilities, as it is, they are competing against each other.

Reactions: 15
I don’t know what Larkins problem with being filmed is.
He is about the only one still trying to talk some kind of sense into her, unsuccessful obviously, but at least he's trying, I'd give him that. He's a limp dick whenever there was one, he never did impress her with his arguments even when she was still valuing his opinion, a mindset she abandoned when she started dating that twit Squirrel Camelpants. It must be extremely difficult for Larkin that the one thing that used to set him apart from the other devotees, his shining sense of ethics, nowadays has even less of a sway than before. SJ's true personality has come out like a Jack-in-the-Box and there seems to be no-one capable of adjusting the course. I predict there's way more trouble ahead.

What impact does Maaike's mother have? He probably has known her for years, maybe she is the type to call him out for his new affectations, and he is making an effort to stay in her good books?
Did Maaike not say her mother was a gifted stylist and SJ wanted to pick her brain, in desperate need of revamping? Or was she easily satisfied with the work of dear friend CRW? The mother didn't look like much of a stylist...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
The hope that Fannies patreons will ever get the figures is running out..she clearly isnt opening up...That accountant must be ready by now right??? .instead she puts out a very boring vlog..and i suspect the same sort of vlog will be aired tonight....I dont get why her patrons dont ask more for the figures..they obvious dont care...its all corn for Fannies mill...

Nutty her dress.. 🙄 my dear its not summer yet...i got cold just by the look at her..i bet she wanted to show off her assets..

The food...hmn..i like oliebollen and applebeignets..we also had them..its tradition..but without raisens and fruit their just a bunch of fried dough....not eatable at all.. and with nutella?? wtf.. That russian stuff..no thanks..i hate beetroots..it tastes like soil... Argentinian pancakes filled with all that stuff..how on earth are you gonna eat that..without destroying your best outfit?? I looks more to me to eat it at a gardenparty..no, not even then..and there is nothing warm...i guess the booze had to play the big part..not even the murdermystery..i hate to play games..if some one came up with a murdermystery at newyearseve i think i would retire to my bedroom...with a bottle of champagne..or maybe 2..and that person never got an invation again..

The panelling for the libary is arriving today at begmania..teabeg can loose some lazy sweat..he wasnt too keen..whats he doing all day...typical drunk and addicted behaviour..not wanne come out of bed...omfg..not a vlog of him in weeks...he doesnt even help Billy with his jobs..nor the rest..he wants to put his spode away...before going on working in his cottage...It doesnt seem to bother him before??

Sadie has become fulltime babysitter and horsegirl..i have to say..she takes good care of them..lets hope for the horses it will last..They have to put a gutter on that strange stablebuilding...all the water is making the soil wet...it gets in the ground..not good for a horse..i know there are rubber mats in but still..a horse needs dry feet...

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Sparrowsfart, post: 7799224, member: 294118
It's going to be a mission to pack it all up throw out the the chatelaines window when the time comes for him to leave.

Yes I'm lucky that Hubby and I have always been in agreement over the large decisions. It's the small crap that trips us up every now and then.
At least you have the satisfaction that he is treating his new wife in the same manner.

yes I found that a killer in my country of origin the cost of childcare verses petrol and wages etc even with a government subsidy for the day care . So I waited and school age and had to do the latch key kid aspect at 10 because pre school care and after school care still was hundreds of dollars a week. I hated the fact that she was alone it was the late 90s perhaps a little safer because still had dial up then no instant interenet and I happened to move 2 min walk from school to home it still worried me all the time so phone calls checking every hour

Reactions: 7
Ok, let's be fair then. The business he is running was build by his parents, who still run the restaurant, which is only open for two or three nights a week in summer season and closed in winter. Cheeseguy only serves the guests every now and then, but does not cook, the food is prepared by his parents. The cheese factory he was building is also based on the success of his hardworking parents. I'm not saying he doesn't work hard himself, because he does, keeping a farm running is no small thing. But even when working, his true mind is in his pants: he loves to play with the very young interns he employs.
Looks like old Cheeseguy is a wanker too !!!

I don't own a huge amount of shoes. Mainly because I have a child-size shoe size and high street retail doesn't carry my size.

Beige take our shine away..Never do beige! :m
My Mother used to say "girls that wear red shoes don't wear undies " !! :eek:

Does Fanny have any red shoes??? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Look what I found.
You do not have to OWN a chateau to try and make money...:p
Karen C Bomb (remember her epic battle with the legendary (not) Edna Brenda G. over their once shared F*cebook group?!)
Now CBomb(what a name!) is after your purses, grannies beware!
I wonder if she has any copyright of any of the images?
Click on the link to F*cebook at the top.
Grifting starts. With a "fundraiser".
No idea what people are supposed to be paying for?:unsure:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I had a quick look at the houses that he found. All of them are in Mayenne, a poor region with no industry no jobs no tourism no beautiful landscapes or any heritage.

The houses he shows in his videos are all in the middle of nowhere, in tiny hamlets or small rural and half dying towns or are (real) farmhouses.

What could a 25 year-old jobless man do in these areas ?

A business wouldn't survive. Gites wouldn't atttact any tourists.

I wouldn't buy any of these. Even at the price they are.

But each to their own.
Exactly, they're cheap for a reason, steer clear of the areas marked in green.

Reactions: 9
The panelling for the libary is arriving today at begmania..teabeg can loose some lazy sweat..he wasnt too keen..whats he doing all day...typical drunk and addicted behaviour..not wanne come out of bed...omfg..not a vlog of him in weeks...he doesnt even help Billy with his jobs..nor the rest..he wants to put his spode away...before going on working in his cottage...It doesnt seem to bother him before??
The Pethericks confuse me…what I don’t understand is why they bought this huge chateau and estate and fill it up with stuff, but hardly ever entertain. It doesn’t even look like they ever have paying guests. Just like Michael and all his Spode..why have all of that if you never use it? Maybe the pandemic has had an impact, but that hasn’t stopped SJ from hosting parties. One thing I can say about SJ is she actually uses her china and collections…she doesn’t store them away or just put them on display, never to be touched.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.