The Chateau Diaries #102 Happy Loo Year, Fanny! The Bleu Loogoon Ain’t Finished Yet!”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello all,

Sorry if I'm derailing. I just wanted to let everyone who posts here know that you all have been a mental health life saver for me the past few weeks.
That absolutely doesn't not look like Fanny! I think the Incredibly Talented Curtis photoshopped his face over hers. This woman looks 15 pounds thinner and a good 15 years younger, but not a younger Fanny. Yes, you are an Incredibly Talented photoshopper, good for you!
Those pictures are 1000% Photoshopped and she still came out looking like... well a picture says a thousand words 😆

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Selmar is seriously deluded - is he actually sane? How does he think a photo of Diesel in his basket, or his bike parked up in a street, gives me confidence he can raise funds to buy a chateau and organise festivals in a country where he doesn't speak the language. He also dreams of twice-monthly dinner dances in a house based in the middle of nowhere. How can he not realise after the failure of the Kickstarter venture that no one takes him or his ideas seriously? He can't even be bothered to pay the viewer any respect by dressing nicely or combing his hair for his begging films.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Better, yes. Like another person? I think this says a lot about Curtis's ego.
I guess Dan was enlisted as well??? 👇
This is from the CD's live chat in October...

10/5/21 live chat...

Curtis Ryan Woodside @the Chateau Diaries book Dan for when I come visit, we shall make you the most fabulous new intro! slow-mo hair flips and all!
The Chateau Diaries @Curtis Ryan Woodside We definitely need all the guys doing slo mo hair flicks!
M Parker @Curtis Ryan Woodside I think a new into sounds fun, but one of the reasons I was drawn to Stephanie's vlog was her intro; hair flipping intros are fun but a dime a dozen. Really hoping new intro
Curtis Ryan Woodside @the Chateau Diaries haha no no , YOU! short dress, heels, hats, i can see it!

10/21/21 live chat...

The Chateau Diaries @Curtis Ryan Woodside Hi Curtis! Can't wait to see you in December!
Curtis Ryan Woodside @Philip Janssen travel safe and enjoy it!!
Philip Janssen @Curtis Ryan Woodside Thank you!!
Curtis Ryan Woodside @the Chateau Diaries NOTED!!
Curtis Ryan Woodside @the Chateau Diaries a hedgehog sanctuary in the forest maybe?
GoldenLady @Curtis Ryan Woodside Hello dear heart. Glad you and Phillipo are going to get away to Lalande.

Reactions: 12
Selmar is seriously deluded - is he actually sane? How does he think a photo of Diesel in his basket, or his bike parked up in a street, gives me confidence he can raise funds to buy a chateau and organise festivals in a country where he doesn't speak the language. He also dreams of twice-monthly dinner dances in a house based in the middle of nowhere. How can he not realise after the failure of the Kickstarter venture that no one takes him or his ideas seriously? He can't even be bothered to pay the viewer any respect by dressing nicely or combing his hair for his begging films.
He lives in a camper van and drives around hoping to pick up handyman work. That in itself does not scream Einstein. The simplest answer is the correct one.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
He lives in a camper van and drives around hoping to pick up handyman work. That in itself does not scream Einstein. The simplest answer is the correct one.
Agreed... When in doubt, go with Occam's razor!

Meaning if you don't want to search:
a scientific and philosophical rule [....] requiring that the simplest of competing theories be preferred to the more complex or that explanations of unknown phenomena be sought first in terms of known quantities

• Heart
he is going back to France to buy a cheap property in a cheap area and do it up.
I'd like to know why most of the chateau Brits stick to the NW of France? When I emigrate (and that's my plan,) I want to assimilate.

If, like me, you were worried about how Curtis obtained the moody pictures of the party princess in her one - off bespoke yellow gown in the grande salon, here is how they were done.

"The Photoshoot with Curtis!
Hello everyone! Here's the 'behind the scenes' video that Curtis made of our end-of-2021 photoshoot at Lalande. You'll see Lalande through his eyes - dramatic music, moody shots, and a brooding intensity rarely seen in my videos. I love it! I love the way Lalande changes depending on the eye of the beholder.

Working with Curtis was a joy. He brought his vision - dressing me in rarely-seen black, and off-setting my joyful Villioti gown against the unfinished, raw backdrop of the grand salon. For me, those grand salon shots are a perfect representation of the occasional moments of introspection as I am awestruck by my sense of responsibility for all of the Lalanders, for my viewers and patrons, and above all, for this chateau.

I'm amazed at how Curtis captured my innermost feelings - which is why I'm so happy to share this photoshoot with you. My favourite photo is the one that I gave to you on my previous 'Happy New Year' post, and below I've added a pick of the other shots.

Lots of love,

Stephanie x

PS Though I'm not sure I've forgiven him for making me balance on a 3 inch windowsill for what seemed like an eternity ;)"
Curtis is a much better stylist than PJ. I like Curtis' Stephanie better.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Has her chin been thinned and reshaped? I thought her face looked thinner?
Yes, if you look at her face in the close-up and the shots where she is seated, there is a distinct increase in the distance from the bottom of her lip to the bottom of her chin. He really sculpted out her features.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
he takes a better photo than Potts
Yes I thought that too. Though I will say Potts photos are more 'real'. Very interesting to see the way Curtis styled her, very different than her normal look. I laughed at her sitting on the window ledge, bet see got a sore arse.

• Haha
Can you suggest, Comte, what the water bill would be for the extensive gardens behind the chapel and between the old part of the chateau and the moat? I haven't heard anything about an irrigation system for those or the espaliered limes* PLANTED IN GRANITE in the courtyard since way back when, when Davey and Matt were discussing the French drain, and Davey said they needed to install a cistern to collect rainwater in the back yard to irrigate back there. Meaning, perhaps, the endless saga of the walled garden irrigation, that water, isn't sufficient for the back gardens.
Also driving me crazy all those garden plans are being made without any discussion of drilling more geothermal tunnels to improve heating.
Oh well.
(I have to add, Nick the tree goth pruning the espaliered apple trees in the walled garden practically made me sob. Finally. Something nurturing. Still worried about the chickens' feet on filthy plastic liner of chicken shittoo. Ergghhh.)

*Davey has placed drip pipes around the lime tree roots which require hand watering, hand carrying water, etc. Labor intensive doesn't begin to describe that tit show.
i cannot tell how much it would cost, in France we have a well in the garden, but in summer it is constant moving around with hoses to get all the plants water..its a huge task to keep it all alive in dry summers, the soil in our garden in France is also a bit rocky and it doesnt contain the water very well.
Those special gardens need a lott of water in summer..just to get them going..and keep them alive.. I dont understand Davy....

They installed that watersystem from the well on top...but the pipes are to small to give the veggiegarden alone enough water..and there is risk of damaging the pipes when you use tractors and diggers..also it can freeze in winter and with water in it..they most likely will burst..

you can try to collect water..in a summer like last year you get enough rain so there is no need for it..and in dry summers you need a very big basin to collect enough water for weeks withour rain..also the cost of it...and you have to maintain it..you need pumps and drains..who is gonna do all that work..the garden is still a mess with two gardeners now...without watering...

Why are most large garden in France landscapegardens? because its the best thing to have ..it looks nice..cheaper to maintain.it gives shade and cools your living invironment..why they want those highmaintenance gardens?? i dont get that..its a stupid idea..just like those limetrees in that courtyard...the soil is so bad nothing will grow in there..a ddriveway and courtyard was used for traffic for hunderds of years..that soil is so bad..if you want to grow something in there you have to take it all out and get better soil in..very deep.. And i guess nobody has watered those limetrees..i guess they are allready dead..

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
The first pic is even photoshopped...
her iPhone wouldn't recognize the second face! 😂 😂

Nose, Chin, jawline, cheeks, eyes, nothing is hers!!

stephanie-escape-to-chateau-z.jpeg
Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 10.28.58.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
He styled her to look like him! Oh that is weird. Same hair style, eyeliner under her eyes for a change, all black outfit. It’s an improvement. Won’t stick tho. She’s got to be the loudest thing in the room.
Well it's the makeup he is used to doing on himself, so it's like his standard go to look. Is interesting to see his idea of her and I liked he put her in black.
It kind of reminded me of years ago when I had some glamour photos taken. When I got them back I felt they weren't me, but a fantasy me, which I should have expected, but somehow didn't.

Reactions: 11
So, really, the setup of the association (not Patreon) is what’s holding SJ accountable for how the money is spent. She would probably have been better off without the association…just collecting the Patreon funds and keeping everything “under the rug.” Wouldn’t it be fitting if MPK or his accountant had recommended the whole association setup? Causing SJ a lot of headache? MPK is someone who causes issues everywhere he goes, bringing down the people he touches (bad karma I guess you could say).
It is significant enough that it would count as income. however if she used the donations for the original intent, actually renovating the chateau, she would more than likely have enough expenses to offset the income and minimize her tax bill. That is if she managed projects and completed them.

Patreon takes out VAT, so there is a tax trail.

But Fanny has treated it like free money and has gone on numerous spending sprees. I doubt that the vlogs show 50% of the purchases. An owner disbursement creates a tax liability so sharing the windfall with Larkin and Potts probably isn’t that much of a welcome event.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Here Gwen is not stated as married
There’s so much confusion when it comes to the Pethericks, Gwen and Billy’s relationship, Michael, etc. Instead of dodging the questions, they should be open and honest. Instead, they purposely keep things vague and hide behind claims of “privacy.” I’m sorry, but if you choose to put your life on camera, including the lives of your children, I think you’ve conceded that your life isn’t completely private anymore. Billy commented that 80% of the Daily Mail article about his military desertion was wrong…so why not set the record straight? The fact that they don’t address questions comes across as arrogant.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Off Topic
Sorry for the OT post. I searched but could not find an answer.
Editing a post: I know I can't edit a post of mine on a previous thread or page of a current thread, but what would prevent me from being able to edit a post on the current thread's page?

(my post included a reply to Ryan's search for property that I thought I'd deleted)

FYI This has been extendedly discussed in previous threads, not hard to find using the correct search words. Short story: patron money, but not all, goes into a restoration account, money she can only use to restore something with at the shittoo. Since this is a non profit organization, she does not have to pay tax over it. Some patron money is used to pay Dan, Kirsty, Amaury, Ian the Builder, Squirrel CamelPants, Selmar and perhaps Davy with. I believe Nutty also, which doesn't make sense because she does nothing for the non-profit; she works for the b&b and the gift grab channel. She should be paid from the YouTube ad revenue, as I believe should Squirrel CamelPants, Mary Poppins and the boy that helps cleaning. It's a complete mess that she said was going to be transparent about, but never is.
If I remember rightly (not sure) some patreons where annoyed that Fanny wanted to pay Natty from Patreon, but Fanny justified it by saying with Natty doing the BnB stuff it freed her up to do more vlogging

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.