The Chateau Diaries #102 Happy Loo Year, Fanny! The Bleu Loogoon Ain’t Finished Yet!”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I’m a bit lost in the MarieW saga. 🤔 I thought she wasn’t going to Norway. Now she seems to be there.
What is it about her mother’s house? Someone mentioned earlier something isn’t right there.
I think the person who mentioned that isn’t “right there,” either.

Reactions: 10
My NYE traditions:
1. Teeth brushed
2. No leftover dirty dishes lingering in the sink
3. All trash outside in the bins
Also, nowadays I like to be in bed and asleep before midnight. For me it removes the stress and expectations of the new year and makes it just another day/night.
Stop justify myself.

That is the weirdest story you've heard? Ever? How sweet.
Then @Socohette may be blushing for this New Year's Eve story from me. I spent NYE in a castle owned by the Queen Mother's cousin. One wing of the castle had been turned into apartments and rented out to the local air force officers, and I was friends with a few of the officers. One of the guests knew of closed-off access (not locked) to the attic; you had to open a panel on a wall, climb up into a crawl space, then you ended up in the former servants' quarters. They had never been renovated so think circa 1940s. Behind a wardrobe (forget about SJ's Narnia) was access to a turret. A few of us went up there, and then just at midnight, my rock star boyfriend of the time (rock star in his country, and only for a brief time!), and I went up to the turret by ourselves and shagged on the turret as it started to snow!

Fast forward to NYE 2021 and I was in bed, by myself by 11pm!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Then @Socohette may be blushing for this New Year's Eve story from me. I spent NYE in a castle owned by the Queen Mother's cousin. One wing of the castle had been turned into apartments and rented out to the local air force officers, and I was friends with a few of the officers. One of the guests knew of closed-off access (not locked) to the attic; you had to open a panel on a wall, climb up into a crawl space, then you ended up in the former servants' quarters. They had never been renovated so think circa 1940s. Behind a wardrobe (forget about SJ's Narnia) was access to a turret. A few of us went up there, and then just at midnight, my rock star boyfriend of the time (rock star in his country, and only for a brief time!), and I went up to the turret by ourselves and shagged on the turret as it started to snow!

That is awesome! I mean, not the 2021 NYE part, but the rest is epic!

Reactions: 26

I need a name here. Who was he?

Now, wouldn't that be tragic?
Well tit happens sometimes. Ask Fanny. 🤨

• Angry
Reactions: 1
I am fitlin' to block. But, since the New Year is nigh, I shall be generous and demure.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
My NYE traditions:
1. Teeth brushed
2. No leftover dirty dishes lingering in the sink
3. All trash outside in the bins
Also, nowadays I like to be in bed and asleep before midnight. For me it removes the stress and expectations of the new year and makes it just another day/night.
The ONLY thing I am superstitious about is Black Eyed Peas on New Years Day! Already have mine soaking.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I need a name here. Who was he?

Well tit happens sometimes. Ask Fanny. 🤨
He was Australian and unfortunately NOT Michael Hutchence. But it was cool to go to his concerts and have him dedicate songs to me and go to TV show filmings and after-show gigs.

Reactions: 23
I am fitlin' to block. But, since the New Year is nigh, I shall be generous and demure.
Maybe just don't engage .... well, block if you want, but yeah!

"partying" on NYE in my teens meant ... going to church for 3 (THREE) hours, from 9-12. Just before midnight we'd all stand around the outer edge of the sanctuary, hold hands and sing and pray in the new year. Then us kids would do what we'd been waiting for, and we'd all take off to the roller skating rink where we met up with other youth from other churches and we'd skate around in circles for 3 hours to Christian rock music. Then we'd go to someone's house and watch a movie, hang out, play pool, listen to music .... and then at 6 or 7 am we'd go out to Denny's for breakfast. It really was a lot of fun because we were with friends!! LOL. Now if that story doesn't sound weird to many of you, I won't be surprised!! Or maybe not weird, but boring .... it wasn't though .... :)

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Nighty night to those in my time zone (or thereabouts). Still have an hour to go til midnight. As Dan says See Ya Tomorrow!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Happy New Year !! my dear Tattlers... may all you wish come true...

this tablesetting is very nice...i guess leaving Lalalande is very good for creativity..Fan Flash seems like an energysucker..Glad Marie got on her way!!
She's not able to make a living though. Her friends had to give her money to go to Norway for Christmas.:cautious:

Reactions: 2
"partying" on NYE in my teens meant ... going to church for 3 (THREE) hours, from 9-12. Just before midnight we'd all stand around the outer edge of the sanctuary, hold hands and sing and pray in the new year. Then us kids would do what we'd been waiting for, and we'd all take off to the roller skating rink where we met up with other youth from other churches and we'd skate around in circles for 3 hours to Christian rock music. Then we'd go to someone's house and watch a movie, hang out, play pool, listen to music .... and then at 6 or 7 am we'd go out to Denny's for breakfast. It really was a lot of fun because we were with friends!! LOL. Now if that story doesn't sound weird to many of you, I won't be surprised!! Or maybe not weird, but boring .... it wasn't though .... :)
I grew up in a non-religious house, but in high school I sort of "dated" a girl up the street from me. She belonged to a conservative church (Assembly of God). When I say "dated" I mean we went out dancing together and that was IT. Her religion didn't approve of dancing, but I guess her parents sized me up and realized I wouldn't knock up their daughter so they put up with me and the dancing. Probably the same with Fanny and SquirrelNutkins, though pregnancy is prolly no longer a concern with the fam!

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.