The Chateau Diaries #102 Happy Loo Year, Fanny! The Bleu Loogoon Ain’t Finished Yet!”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 954069Happy new year! Sums up how I feel about 2021!
I’ve opened the front and back doors to welcome the new and say goodbye to the old. What traditions if any do you do?
When I was a young, 20-something Beau Monde, my then BFF (a SJ prototype) and her gay husband had a NYE party where we stayed up all night. Then, around dawn, gay husband made us run around the outside of the house in our bare feet. (It's freezing cold here in winter, with ice/snow on the ground). Supposedly, it was a tradition of gay husband's family to do this. Needless to say, I have never partaken of this "tradition" since. It lasted about as long as my BFF and her gay husband's marriage.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Happy New Year ( 23 minutes late) from the balmy south coast of England. Watching Kylie and Years and Years on the television, so rock’n’roll! May 2022 be kind to us allView attachment 954057
That was one of the best productions I have seen. Happy New Year from a very drunk (I'm impressed I'm typing this) Gibson. Determined to see the New Year in shaken and stirred. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I'm just skipping through the pages lately, missing HUGE chunks of conversations along the way, but with how my life is going right now, it's the only way I can stay up with you guys! If I miss "liking", "loving", "laughing", etc., etc.,.....any of your posts, it's not because I'm not appreciating all of the time and sentiment you're all putting into these important pages, it's just that I don't have time or energy to read them all. I appreciate my wonderful Tattler family, never doubt that! And I want to wish you ALL a Happy New Year, with health, wealth and MUCH laughter....kick 2021's ass to the curb and make 2022 your witch, baby!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Yo, Yentas! Happy New Year from Manhattan! 🥂🍾
- The Marquis and Fiancee
View attachment 954034
@Marquis de Potpourri so you were out street walking in front of Macys 😳?
is it true you need 3 shots to be considered fully vaxed to get into a NYC restaurant these days ? Coming in a week from today and not able to get boosted since I just had COVID two weeks ago

Oh and by all means send BJJ that gravy boat you mentioned he’d LOVE IT. it’s PAAAARFECT @Marquis de Potpourri 😂😅🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 22
There were dozens of comments correcting Squirrelboy about his lack of knowledge regarding bone dishes, but the comments from Liz & Amina perfectly sum up his stupdity;
Liz Bignell
18 hours ago
I started to. Count the number of comments saying that the crescent shaped plates were for bones, but there were so many that l lost the will to live…

Amina Schipp

16 hours ago
Phillipe , with respect, you are so wrong for a China expert! The moon shaped dishes are ‘bone dishes’ certainly not salad dishes! Nor dessert or olive dishes. These crescent moon shaped dishes were intended for discarded fishbones to be set aside away from other food. Your grandparents have a set of six? Did they not know either?

Per Wikipedia:
A bone dish is a crescent shaped table dishes date from 19thC and were originally used as a separating dish to keep cold food separated from hot food as in a salad side plate.
Looks like Sqirreboy is taking a page out of SJ's book and simply regurgitating what he reads on Wikipedia without any actual research or knowledge.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Boy .... I finally get all the Christmas Tree stuff in a box and the tree put away and there is a new Thread !!! o_O
Its like the Grand Prix of Tattle Threads!!..... slow down :ROFLMAO:

Its my tradition to get all the Christmas Crap away on New Years Day. Very hot right now but I have air con. so its nice.
Wonder how Fanny and mates are going .... frozen yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Now THIS is a beautifully set table!! Marie's garland is so pretty and I love the place settings too!

Screenshot_20211231-202507_Instagram.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
When I was a young, 20-something Beau Monde, my then BFF (a SJ prototype) and her gay husband had a NYE party where we stayed up all night. Then, around dawn, gay husband made us run around the outside of the house in our bare feet. (It's freezing cold here in winter, with ice/snow on the ground). Supposedly, it was a tradition of gay husband's family to do this. Needless to say, I have never partaken of this "tradition" since. It lasted about as long as my BFF and her gay husband's marriage.
Are you drunk?:LOL:

It's so strange the curfew started 39 minutes ago and there are no cars on the streets. The streets are empty. It's so quiet. It's New Year's Eve.:oops::eek:

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
So I’m a bit lost in the MarieW saga. 🤔 I thought she wasn’t going to Norway. Now she seems to be there.
What is it about her mother’s house? Someone mentioned earlier something isn’t right there.

Reactions: 7
So I’m a bit lost in the MarieW saga. 🤔 I thought she wasn’t going to Norway. Now she seems to be there.
What is it about her mother’s house? Someone mentioned earlier something isn’t right there.
Her friends in Haworth gave her the money.

That is the weirdest story you've heard? Ever? How sweet.
Since my 80's on coke.:cool::ROFLMAO:

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I’ve opened the front and back doors to welcome the new and say goodbye to the old. What traditions if any do you do?
My NYE traditions:
1. Teeth brushed
2. No leftover dirty dishes lingering in the sink
3. All trash outside in the bins
Also, nowadays I like to be in bed and asleep before midnight. For me it removes the stress and expectations of the new year and makes it just another day/night.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.