The Chateau Diaries #10 PR disasters and tax fraud masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also I have one other question re NPD to those of you who know a lot about it. I've been comparing Stephanie to someone I know who I've realised probably has NPD and there are a lot of similarities. Is it common for people who have NPD not to want children so they can always be the centre of attention? This would add up for the woman I know as she is an actress and often says "I forgot to have children!"
I dont have any statistics to support this, just my own experience, one close family member she didnt want to have girl, becasause in her own words she wanted to forever be the only princess in that family, she was blessed with 3 boys; her mother in law told her, that she has only her to deal with but she will have 3 daughters in law (I think the girl didnt think it through)
and the one who completely resembles SJ, that is the crazy one, as someone said the reality is stranger than fiction and this girl hates children but she has an unhealthy attachment to her dog, but she got pregnant recently on purpose to gain her dream life (or any life where she doesnt have to work or do things herself), she is hoping that other people will take care of the child, she was taking something similar of methadone for almost 10yr (you would not know) also during the pregnancy also smoking, on top she found out a week ago that she is expecting a girl, not a happy day for her
she pretends to everyone around her, sometimes she tries even with me even though we normally speak about the stuff openly, it is as if they have a prerecorded msg which they it looks like they believe and that they also want other people to believe, it can be anything from being super hardworking to this
we were walking and she told me, ''we told the parents and his sister, I hope that they will take care o it otherwise I would leave it under the first tree...'' we were walking like 5 minutes and she was speaking about her only friend from childhood who is super naive but seemed happy but something happened and she started to condemn her partner ""I don't understand how these people can bring a child to this world just like that and then wanted to get rid of their responsibilities...[wole monolog how awful it is]'' I started to laugh and told her ''good that you are saying it'' (normally you should not call out narcs on their tit, bc they retaliate, but sometimes I go on autopilot and I forget bc it is so ridiculous, but trust me they are so smooth in this, that if you didnt know better, you would think that it is really what she thinks, or she didnt mean it like that..
it seems, when they are presenting to the world, they go by what is acceptable as try to convince you that they are even better, but if comes to them personally (without noone watching) they can do whatever, even use a child to get what they want (do not imagine a normal gold digger this is way deeper but unfortunatelly I dont have a whole day to describe properly every detail)

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Me too. I've taken FB off phone...Twitter paused currently. Was trying to have a social media detox..and here I am spending hours googling random nutjobs' instagram pages for 'clues'!! I think I'm going to close my account (not in a flouncing out the door way) just so I can watch but not comment..I'm not sure I can go completely Tattle cold turkey!!
Thing is unless you're logged in you can't open any attachments... - and some are just too juicy to ignore the temptation. What to do????

• Haha
Reactions: 10
With apologies to P.B.Shelley:

I met a traveller in lockdown land
Who said "Two vast and pointless heaps of trash
Stand in the forest ..... Near them, at la Lande,
Half sunk, a shattered bauble lies, whose frown
And wrinkled eye, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read,
Which yet survive, stamped on those lifeless things,
The hands that mocked them, and the fans that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Stephanie Jarvis, Queen of Queens;
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level lands stretch far away".

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I also think he was inspired by Rene Magritte , but without the talent .....take a look .
Yes, you're right. His main influence comes from late 60's, early 70's poster and pop art. He recycles that eras ideas, colours and compositions. He's not talentless, but a copycat nevertheless. And what comes into his subject matters... Very strange and a bit unsettling. Gives me creeps, if I’m honest.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
There was quite a bit about them on here a while ago. He’s a clown & she does bad diy. They have a property /letting business in Covent Garden London, they appear on Escape to the Chateau DIY where his skills & attitude are horrendous. They rented their chateau initially. They did a recent cooking video where they made cheese straws in a £500.00 mixer with dog hair in & they were both drunk. They are most famous for begging 🤦🏻‍♀️ Terrible channel. (He is from St Ives in beautiful Cornwall & he owns a boat & a Range Rover 🙃)
He may own a 17 yr old Range Rover, so the begging has yet provide significant sums to update. I do find it odd that his Cornish accent has been replaced with a bad Essex or possibly Trotter type accent with added colloquialisms. However, they do have over 18K subscribers, so someone people are clearly enjoying their poor content.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Takeaway 3547777 Who are we talking about? I've missed the thread and I haven't done anything for the last 4 days as I've been hooked on this so I can't spend more time. Love Cornwall - I have a friend who lives in Pt Isaac (Port Wenn in Doc Martin) and I visited her a while back from Oz. If he is from st Ives with boat etc - Why is it that good things happen to bad people?
It’s about fat Phil and ‘Barbie’ from Bailleul.

More colonizers in chateau country (just noticing). I wonder if there's another revolution in the works.

Looks like the YT bandwagon for ‘poor’ chateau owners, no doubt the requests for buying a coffee will also flood in!!!

Wondering if Selmar volunteered to do it to earn some cash to get away or if Ian the builder was not available? Surely that is a job for someone with proper mechanical tools to do it. And what is with the recyling of that crappy flooring anyway. With all the cash she's getting in she could afford hand crafted tiles from the finest ceramic factory in Europe couldn't she?
Selmar is a self employed individual, as long as he strings out the numbers of days he ‘works’ the more he is paid. All this ‘free Selmar’ is ridiculous, he could go elsewhere to work at anytime and chooses not to, maybe because the work is easy and no critical supervision.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I know it's been rehashed and rehashed about the Christmas party with everyone traveling to the chateau in spite of strict Covid rules, but I just have to vent and this seemed a pretty safe place to do that.

I try not to get involved too much with the goings on there and so I don't think I said anything when it was a topic of discussion. I was, of course, not happy about what they did and I really hope none of them gets sick because of it. Unfortunately my family hasn't been that lucky. My son called me last week and told me that he, his wife and their daughter all had Covid. We live in different states (he's south of me) and I haven't seen them in quite some time. Thank goodness they are recovering from it now. Then, this afternoon, my daughter, who lives in another state north of me, let us know that she, her youngest son and her oldest son's wife all have Covid...too soon to tell if they'll be alright. Her daughter-in-law just had a baby 10 months ago and I'm hoping the baby doesn't get it! The baby was born with heart issues and has already had open heart surgery. Of course I don't want my oldest grandson to get it, either! The thing is, one of my daughters that I live with just returned from their house a couple of days ago. She's getting tested soon.

I'm handicapped and have breathing problems. My youngest daughter who also lives with us has asthma and her youngest daughter has a blood disorder....my point is, this can turn out very badly for us....and these people are partying and having fun while others are battling for their lives and health.
Phoenix R-B
You go ahead and vent - bloody hell how much can one family take. I agree with you but you need to understand SJ is a narcissist of the highest order and you and your family and me and the Queen of England and all the babies, nice people in the world are nothing to what SHE wants, what plans she makes, how everything should benefit her, how much she can make ($$) , on and on and on - she's not going to be dictated to by any authority (insert Lake issue here where she got blocked and didn't like it) and no bloody so called virus is going to stop her enjoyment in ruling as Queen of the Shat O - but look at the empathy you show and the worry and concern you feel (and I am sure verbalised) and told them. Who would you rather be? She is an empty vessel - the hysterical laughter, the strident voice - all emphasised by the deep down emptyness of her life. One day her looks will go, she'll have no true friends, Mummeee will have passed and no fancy crumbling pile will be enough to fill the void. Best wishes for a full recovery and the baby gets all the medical care she needs - I listened to Biden's speech about the vaccine and his Government plans to fight the virus and Dr Fauci sdems to tell it like it is (rather than ignore it and hope it will go away) so hopefully things will turn around as soon as humanly possible. Best, FrannyBee

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@FrannyBee Karen Cbomb Renney runs the Chateaux Chronicles facebook group, which hit 10K members yesterday.
+ 151 new members in the last week
It’s about fat Phil and ‘Barbie’ from Bailleul.

Looks like the YT bandwagon for ‘poor’ chateau owners, no doubt the requests for buying a coffee will also flood in!!!

Selmar is a self employed individual, as long as he strings out the numbers of days he ‘works’ the more he is paid. All this ‘free Selmar’ is ridiculous, he could go elsewhere to work at anytime and chooses not to, maybe because the work is easy and no critical supervision.
Oh thanks for your viewpoint Hani. I am guessing that during a pandemic a man of a certain age who is currently not living in the country of his birth might find it a tad difficult to get work at the moment, when there are so many people without employment. Your cup of human kindness it runneth over.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Yes didn't some male cousin come to stay at the shat-camel-toe for a few days and he copped off with one of the guests or a volunteer?
Her Cousin Amery (?) helped her out when she had a "single party" and the men all cancelled. He got to know one of the woman and one year later was still with her (according to Stephanie).

Reactions: 12
Did anyone happen to see a couple of comments by Cauldron Dawn on the last CD, having the temerity to question. However, thankfully the individual was soon put in their place by the super fans, which I guessing could be some from this group as paid up patrons!!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Wow, I lost my password and couldn't access the forum for a while - cannot believe how much I've missed! Incredible insights from all of you, it is amazing how much has been revealed here lately!

Now, just one thing I need to get off my chest as a childless woman in her 40s: no, being childless is no indication of narcissism. In fact, most narcissists are VERY keen to have children, since they view them as extensions of themselves, as little "mini me's", and thus as a way to have their emotional needs met. Of course this usually spectacularly backfires once the children start developing their own personality, and the abuse these poor children suffer is immense. Just browse Reddit forums for children of narc parents to see how common narc parents are! Children are the ultimate way to have endless narcissistic supply, since we cannot choose our parents the way we can choose our friends. It is very difficult to cut ties with a narc parent, as they will not let you walk away easily.

I still see so many of you here imply that being a woman without children is somehow some sort of defect or "symptom", when it is simply an equally valid way of life for a woman as being a mother is. Children do not complete us, children do not magically turn us into good people, children do not make us grow up. And, you can still very easily be the centre of attention as a mother - more so, in fact, since you can present yourself as this perfect super-mum, a role society very much appreciates and supports. Remember "Mommy Dearest" Joan Crawford?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Wow, I lost my password and couldn't access the forum for a while - cannot believe how much I've missed! Incredible insights from all of you, it is amazing how much has been revealed here lately!

Now, just one thing I need to get off my chest as a childless woman in her 40s: no, being childless is no indication of narcissism. In fact, most narcissists are VERY keen to have children, since they view them as extensions of themselves, as little "mini me's", and thus as a way to have their emotional needs met. Of course this usually spectacularly backfires once the children start developing their own personality, and the abuse these poor children suffer is immense. Just browse Reddit forums for children of narc parents to see how common narc parents are! Children are the ultimate way to have endless narcissistic supply, since we cannot choose our parents the way we can choose our friends. It is very difficult to cut ties with a narc parent, as they will not let you walk away easily.

I still see so many of you here imply that being a woman without children is somehow some sort of defect or "symptom", when it is simply an equally valid way of life for a woman as being a mother is. Children do not complete us, children do not magically turn us into good people, children do not make us grow up. And, you can still very easily be the centre of attention as a mother - more so, in fact, since you can present yourself as this perfect super-mum, a role society very much appreciates and supports. Remember "Mommy Dearest" Joan Crawford?
👌 never a truer word, nothing worse than those types of ‘parent’

Reactions: 7
I read at some point they were allowing people to pay them to work in the chateau garden. It had never occurred to me that there was a more opposite opposite of volunteer.
They held working bee days. People lived them they sold out. House out of bounds. I think £75 per person included afternoon tea.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Thing is unless you're logged in you can't open any attachments... - and some are just too juicy to ignore the temptation. What to do????
I feel the same. I’m totally hooked on reading the clever, funny commentary here. Haven’t even visited Instagram my only other source of social media. Refresh tattle page a dozen times a day (only SBB/CD thread). Even talking to my partner less as getting sufficient interaction and amusement here. I also miay have to leave and look look n’read less :)

Nice try.
“Nice try” 😂

• Haha
Imagine if you are Natti and/or Philippe and 5 years down the line you look back & try to describe what your job was now. Oh, I had to go through my boss' wardrobe with her and dress up in her clothes. It was necessary to go through a number of social media accounts and delete anything which was negative so that she didn't get enraged. My day often involved following my employer around second hand shops where I had to pretend to like everything to make my employer happy. It was not acceptable to have any real emotion, so our mantra was to turn that frown upside down otherwise we would be left outside in the cold. In answer to the question what did I gain from this experience?
This morning, talking about Philip with my son, he has the same age. Philip should abandon his musical-/theatre-whatever "carreer" and go to a hotel school, seriously. Philip, if you read here, with your language skills and the skills mentioned above, always polite, well mannered, being confidential etc. this would be your ideal path to follow where you are really talented (in theatre/music not so much imo, sorry).
And forget about modelling.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I'm intrigued by Selmar, even after watching the Q&A he did with SJ. Not much was given away there as to why he has been itinerant for so long. He seems to park up his van, pitch in to a project for a few years and then move on. I like him but don't think he is a good fit for the chateau renovations as he is very slow and not in tune or experienced enough to work on buildings using traditional styles and techniques.

Don't get me started on the Dick and Angel bodge-meisters.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
👌 never a truer word, nothing worse than those types of ‘parent’
Welcome back !

This morning, talking about Philip with my son, he has the same age. Philip should abandon his musical-/theatre-whatever "carreer" and go to a hotel school, seriously. Philip, if you read here, with your language skills and the skills mentioned above, always polite, well mannered, being confidential etc. this would be your ideal path to follow where you are really talented (in theatre/music not so much imo, sorry).
And forget about modelling.
Great idea. And excellent advice in the last sentence

Picasso is a clear inspiration in Derek's art, I think he felt a connection, encouraging him to also paint his sexual "visions" openly and still think it'd be seen as high art.
Iolander Post 3549012
I don't see Picasso - more Marc Chagall - especially the fiddle - something there but I haven't read too much on him so don't know if he had a happy or miserable life. The successful artists all seem to have very complicated sex lives and relationships, but I think SJ pushes the arty farty bohemian schtick a bit more than was reality -it enhances her fantasy that Dadddeee was a famous artist, coveted by all, talented and fabulous, but he did not sell, only painted for HER, only SHE has his fabulous works and he created it all for her only. I reckon Daddy was an unhappy man whatever the reason Sj would never admit it.
I actually don't think Daddy is that good an artist - more a copyist but I do wonder why we never get a lingering in depth look at any of his works - just the flash of them being hung on the walls once framed. I read somewhere he never sold anything during his life - who did he think he was? F*#cking Van Gogh? Did you notice how she stuck the hot needle into Mummeee - rushed to get the apartment ready for Mummeee, big reveal, squeals all round, happy families then STICK IT TO HER SJ !!!!- drag her around pointing out the numerous works by DADDEEE framed by meeee, so Mummeee and her fiance/soon to be husband, are surrounded by hubby #1 - If Percy can still get it up, no matter where he looks he'll have to see reminders of #1 - classic example of narcissist wielding her poison wand and disguising it as bestowing her fairy dust on everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
There's also Walton, a workawayer that came back. He's in the vlogs too, helping to restore the old bread oven. She had her claws in him too, but he was wise enough to walk away.
....I could have bet, got the vibes watching the vlog

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Iolander Post 3549012
I don't see Picasso - more Marc Chagall - especially the fiddle - something there but I haven't read too much on him so don't know if he had a happy or miserable life. The successful artists all seem to have very complicated sex lives and relationships, but I think SJ pushes the arty farty bohemian schtick a bit more than was reality -it enhances her fantasy that Dadddeee was a famous artist, coveted by all, talented and fabulous, but he did not sell, only painted for HER, only SHE has his fabulous works and he created it all for her only. I reckon Daddy was an unhappy man whatever the reason Sj would never admit it.
I actually don't think Daddy is that good an artist - more a copyist but I do wonder why we never get a lingering in depth look at any of his works - just the flash of them being hung on the walls once framed. I read somewhere he never sold anything during his life - who did he think he was? F*#cking Van Gogh? Did you notice how she stuck the hot needle into Mummeee - rushed to get the apartment ready for Mummeee, big reveal, squeals all round, happy families then STICK IT TO HER SJ !!!!- drag her around pointing out the numerous works by DADDEEE framed by meeee, so Mummeee and her fiance/soon to be husband, are surrounded by hubby #1 - If Percy can still get it up, no matter where he looks he'll have to see reminders of #1 - classic example of narcissist wielding her poison wand and disguising it as bestowing her fairy dust on everyone.
I thought that too about the pictures in Mummy's apartment. I mean holy heck. Note she did it 'for' Mummy, not 'with' Mummy. As you say, who in their right mind would think it appropriate to decorate it with your dead partner's yucky artwork if not to turn the knife.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.