The Chateau Diaries #10 PR disasters and tax fraud masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The inmates wouldn't be cold if they dressed appropriately. None of them wear what I would call winter clothing, except of course Selmar and Marie when working outside. I think folks worry too much about the heating situation in the chateau. It would be madness to heat the whole house to full temperature when only parts are regularly occupied. The most important thing is to have constant low-level heating and enough ventilation to keep the fabric dry. Dry walls go a long way towards making a building feel warm, as well as preventing decay.

Reactions: 14
I'm not on any FB groups, but interested to know what the latest on Jill Scott is. Someone said she had gone?

Reactions: 7
I'm not on any FB groups, but interested to know what the latest on Jill Scott is. Someone said she had gone?
There is Jillian Scott, with a different profile picture ( a dog, not her with purple hair ) in The Chateaux Chronicles group on FB .Says she lives in Upper Hutt, New Zealand. Last active in the group on the 14th . Must be her surely ?

• Wow
Reactions: 12
There is Jillian Scott, with a different profile picture ( a dog, not her with purple hair ) in The Chateaux Diaries group. Says she lives in Upper Hutt, New Zealand. Last active in the group on the 14th . Must be her surely ?
That is her - it's a little dog with a pointy face. So clearly not been "outed" yet.

• Haha
1610821917392.png

Look in the mirror how Philip is dressed: full coat (or cardigan over a jumper), scarf and a cap. People are stripping for the camera, it's really cold inside.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
View attachment 387220
Look from the mirror how Philip is dressed: full coat, scarf and a cap. People are stripping for the camera, it's really cold inside.
Yes the night before when Mandy arrived, Marie was sitting on a sofa with a heater so close it could have caused a fire and the next day while they were trying on clothes there was a Dyson heater on the floor in the middle of the room. So much for the expensive geo thermal heating that was shown off in the early vlogs.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
SJ has talked about not pursuing a career in opera - it was what Isabelle wanted, not her, ra-dee-ra, but I wonder if the reason was that she couldn't handle being not being a soloist, needing to be centre stage, etc. I can imagine that she would struggle to be part of a chorus. I don't personally enjoy her voice.

Yes the night before when Mandy arrived, Marie was sitting on a sofa with a heater so close it could have caused a fire and the next day while they were trying on clothes there was a Dyson heater on the floor in the middle of the room. So much for the expensive geo thermal heating that was shown off in the early vlogs.
You rarely see Selmar without his coat and I believe he once commented that he was lucky as the camper was warmer. Philip usually has a hat and a scarf.I wonder if the Royal suite is as cold as surely she would wear a cosy pair of pjs rather than her frothy nighties?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
There are several reasons. 1. Yes, the acoustics are certainly an important consideration. Such large buildings have enough rooms to serve as practice rooms and allow several lessons to be conducted at the same time. Not to mention they also have at least one room suitable for performance. 2. It is tradition. Royal courts and aristocrats usually escaped to the countryside for the summer. Opera singers started as court entertainers and we still have to sing for our dinners. 3. It's a great networking opportunity, both with fellow musicians and with wealthy patrons ( used in the true meaning of the word ), which is critical for success in the field. 4. If you have ever spent a summer roasting in a german apartment built to retain heat is it any wonder that every teacher, vocal coach, pianist, agent, and singer jumps at the opportunity to spend the hottest part of the summer in a beautiful building out in the countryside?
A beautiful building? Are you sure you're talking about La Lande? Tons more chateaux around where they could go to with swimming pools & proper catering facilities.

• Heart
Re heatergate ..... Low level central heating, combined with a booster (log fire or electric etc) in the room you are using is actually the most sensible way to do it. Philip also wore scarf and bobble hat most of the summer!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Is it just me or is anyone else as interested in @Julie Sue posting negative about Phil and ‘Barbie’ from Bailleul? Why did this couple fall out of love with SJ’s orbit anyway? Could it be their cosying up to the Trotters? And SJ’s sudden fall out with them? Could that be because of Ma Trotters supporting Karen Cbomb and not BG, the ‘official’ fanhpage admin, oh no, not anymore, is she….

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
She died a couple of years ago. Used to spend summers at the chateau driving Isabelle insane. She was the biggest flirt ever, would only talk down on her daughter but very friendly towards SJ.
Need to hear more about grand-mère

• Haha
  • Heart
The inmates wouldn't be cold if they dressed appropriately. None of them wear what I would call winter clothing, except of course Selmar and Marie when working outside. I think folks worry too much about the heating situation in the chateau. It would be madness to heat the whole house to full temperature when only parts are regularly occupied. The most important thing is to have constant low-level heating and enough ventilation to keep the fabric dry. Dry walls go a long way towards making a building feel warm, as well as preventing decay.
I'd expect my employer to have sorted out the heating before taking herself off on holidays so she could warm herself up.

• Heart
Re heatergate ..... Low level central heating, combined with a booster (log fire or electric etc) in the room you are using is actually the most sensible way to do it. Philip also wore scarf and bobble hat most of the summer!
So which bit of the chateau do you live in?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.