The Chateau Diaries #10 PR disasters and tax fraud masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really don’t have a problem with this, it would be a learning experience not just manual labour.... Dick strawbridge is a very knowledgable amateur.... I bet the afternoon tea would be lovely too. 🧁🍸🍸🍾🍰
Agree. On the surface it looks like ‘pay to come and weed out garden’ but I think the reality, for £75 , would probably be a good afternoon out with a fine afternoon tea. It’s always interesting to see IRL something you’ve looked at on the telly ! There is some sort of experience exchange going on there and as you say Dick may impart some knowledge.

Even though I just can’t stand Ange, if I was in the area, which believe me, I never will be 😂 I may consider doing it !

Please take print screens before everything vanishes. I'm not on Facebook.
Agree. Nor am I and I love looking at all the attachments and photos that I’m too much of a Luddite to look for myself - thanks everyone who shares -)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hi Arabella quick question is there a reason such workshops are held in chateaus, castles, etc? Is it acoustics or just an opportunity ti get awsy? I could never workout whether the music workshop people stsyed at La La Land. And which toilet they were using (the one attached to winter salon/small green room)?
There are several reasons. 1. Yes, the acoustics are certainly an important consideration. Such large buildings have enough rooms to serve as practice rooms and allow several lessons to be conducted at the same time. Not to mention they also have at least one room suitable for performance. 2. It is tradition. Royal courts and aristocrats usually escaped to the countryside for the summer. Opera singers started as court entertainers and we still have to sing for our dinners. 3. It's a great networking opportunity, both with fellow musicians and with wealthy patrons ( used in the true meaning of the word ), which is critical for success in the field. 4. If you have ever spent a summer roasting in a german apartment built to retain heat is it any wonder that every teacher, vocal coach, pianist, agent, and singer jumps at the opportunity to spend the hottest part of the summer in a beautiful building out in the countryside?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
💫💫💫💫💫 tattle glossary 💫💫💫💫

Add if any missing

CD - The Chateau Diaries
BJJ - Baby Jesus Jeans, aka Philip
PP (Nostril of Lalande) - Prince Philip
UH - Uriah Heep - Philip
LOTL/LOTLL - Lady of the (Lost) Lake, aka Stephanie
SSB- She Who Shouts from the balcony
SJ - Stephanie Jarvis
Nitti/Nutty - Nati
MP/MP2 - Michael Petherick
MPK - micheal Petherick (sir Trotter)
Trotter - any Petherick family reference
Ma Trotter - Sheree Petherick
Dear Brenda/BG - Brenda Gibbons (superfan/Facebook admin) from Donegal Ireland
Karen Cbomb - other superfan/admin, Canada
Donegals - limericks (renamed in honour of Dear Brenda)
Potty/MP - Michael Potts
Cinder-Ruth- MPotts current squeeze
Agents - Tattlers who find out juicy background info
Chat O (or variations) - Chateau (how Brenda says it)
“BuyMeACoffee” - give me money (no, really, give me money, I really need it)
MBNS;GF - more boring narc stuff; gimme facts

PSDFHB - princess 👸 shouting down from her balcony
PRSDBP - princess 👸 in her robe shouting down from her balcony at the peasants

Wet Blanket - Fun hoover
Mickey Dodger - Woman who avoids sexual encounters
Edmund Fokker van Crayestein - Former main squeeze of SJ
My daughter and I have an inside joke when she casually dates someone I don't care about, and I refer to him as what's-his-name. It's based on the scene in the Sound of Music where Maria is praying for all the children "God Bless Brigitta, Marta and baby Gretel. Oh, and what's the other boys name? Oh well, God Bless What's His Name" Don't forget Curt.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My daughter and I have an inside joke when she casually dates someone I don't care about, and I refer to him as what's-his-name. It's based on the scene in the Sound of Music where Maria is praying for all the children "God Bless Brigitta, Marta and baby Gretel. Oh, and what's the other boys name? Oh well, God Bless What's His Name" Don't forget Curt.
ISDP - Curt - I see dead 💀 people
WHN - Curt
Unless there’s a better one ??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Got them they are on Escape page
Someone please tell Zoe to come here, she would be greatly appreciated... Glad to see some people are starting to wake up and notice that no meaningful repairs are actually being done...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Someone please tell Zoe to come here, she would be greatly appreciated... Glad to see some people are starting to wake up and notice that no actual meaningful repairs are being done...
I suspect she may already be here!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.