The Body Coach #2 Joe gets right on my wicks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He sounds unhinged at the moment, more manic than usual. He’s sliding into a parody of himself; the point which you stop imitating David Brent/Alan Partridge and start to become him without sounding ironic is probably when you should rein it in.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
What he is portraying is so far removed from my own experience of life with a newborn and a toddler that it even has me questioning what I did wrong (then giving myself a shake) so I can't imagine how it must feel to those currently in the thick of it !!

I honestly think he must be making new mums feel utterly crap !

He sounds unhinged at the moment, more manic than usual. He’s sliding into a parody of himself; the point which you stop imitating David Brent/Alan Partridge and start to become him without sounding ironic is probably when you should rein it in.
He so is. The David Brent thing is such a pain in the arse does he not realise it was funny once or twice but he just looks like a prat now !

Reactions: 5
Ugh he’s in my village 😤 and riding his motorbike down our lovely peaceful walking footpaths. Nice

Also how average does his Manchester hotel look? It looks like a travelodge or premier inn - nothing wrong with them of course but I would have thought flashy geeza Joe would splash more cash!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
You know, I would be royally pissed if I were the guest in the bedroom underneath his, getting woken up at some ungodly hour by this prat jumping up and down to 'smash out' a workout.

He really thinks of nobody but himself, does he?

AND if you travel and you know you plan to exercise, BRING KIT FOR GODS SAKE! as if we want to see him prancing around in those tight boxers. Makes me feel ill.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I cannot believe how he is promoting use of a bottle as a way to get time away from your newborn! I don’t want to offend anyone, absolutely nothing wrong with bottles/formula/whatever, I used all of those things and breastfeeding so no judgement. BUT, clearly his post about bottles was meant to be advice to anyone breastfeeding, and giving frequent bottles/staying away from your baby that long can cause feeding problems for some people. Sure some people will have a great supply and will be fine, but lots won’t. Feeding might not establish properly or baby could develop bottle preference etc. I’m not saying people shouldn’t do it but he is just not qualified to give that advice to people and potentially cause problems with them because they feel they ‘should’ be making time for themselves as a couple when your baby is a tiny newborn. If people want to, fine, but you don’t have to at all! Loads of time for that once baby is a bit bigger and you have recovered from birth! A poor mum with a four week old does NOT need to see other people showing off about overnight breaks when struggling already with a little baby. It’s so irresponsible!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
He definitely seems deranged at the moment. Got to be some problems. I’ve always thought he was ADHD but I’m now questioning if there’s more. His eyes look scary at times.

Reactions: 7
Indie got TOAST everyone!
YASS!

Ugh he’s in my village 😤 and riding his motorbike down our lovely peaceful walking footpaths. Nice

Also how average does his Manchester hotel look? It looks like a travelodge or premier inn - nothing wrong with them of course but I would have thought flashy geeza Joe would splash more cash!
I thought that! Perhaps the BBC booked it etc

Reactions: 1
I cannot believe how he is promoting use of a bottle as a way to get time away from your newborn! I don’t want to offend anyone, absolutely nothing wrong with bottles/formula/whatever, I used all of those things and breastfeeding so no judgement. BUT, clearly his post about bottles was meant to be advice to anyone breastfeeding, and giving frequent bottles/staying away from your baby that long can cause feeding problems for some people. Sure some people will have a great supply and will be fine, but lots won’t. Feeding might not establish properly or baby could develop bottle preference etc. I’m not saying people shouldn’t do it but he is just not qualified to give that advice to people and potentially cause problems with them because they feel they ‘should’ be making time for themselves as a couple when your baby is a tiny newborn. If people want to, fine, but you don’t have to at all! Loads of time for that once baby is a bit bigger and you have recovered from birth! A poor mum with a four week old does NOT need to see other people showing off about overnight breaks when struggling already with a little baby. It’s so irresponsible!
Absolutely. They are both influencers and could use their platform to be useful to new parents who want to introduce a bottle or combi feed but they give no details. They could talk about pace feeding, or how often she has to pump to maintain supply etc so people have a balanced idea of their life but no, it’s all swanning off on fancy hotel breaks without showing any of the reality of what Rosie is going through.

Reactions: 6
When I had a newborn I was already wasting so much mental energy worrying about getting my body and life back in a few months time. I can't imagine how I'd have felt this pillock making out 4 weeks is when you should already be finding time for yourself. Great if that's what someone actually wants but most the people I know wanted to luxuriate in baggy clothes, cuddling the baby, and generally doing bugger all.

• Heart
I've never commented on this thread before because I have successfully managed to ignore most of Joe Wick's crap for years, despite most of my family being big fans of his :rolleyes: I'm not a mother so I don't feel I can comment on the feeding aspect of any of his posts but I see where you are all coming from and this morning his manic and constant tit about how fitness is a mindset and you need to stop making excuses and blah blah blah just really pisses me off. He comes across as someone who is obsessive and that is dangerous, to him and to the people he preaches to. I'm so glad I never bought into his bullshit.

that SR nutrition is starting to annoy me commenting on his posts all the while!

Reactions: 13
I wonder how engergised Rosie is feeling being left with the newborn and a toddler while he prats about on his bike and now working out in his hotel room after getting a good nights sleep !
I bet Rosie has someone helping her they both don’t know what real life is actually like !
They have both had more time away and days out in 4 weeks then most get parents get in a year !

Reactions: 9
I wonder how engergised Rosie is feeling being left with the newborn and a toddler while he prats about on his bike and now working out in his hotel room after getting a good nights sleep !
I bet Rosie has someone helping her they both don’t know what real life is actually like !
They have both had more time away and days out in 4 weeks then most get parents get in a year !
The grandparents who babysat?

Reactions: 2
Yesterday Auntie someone was in the Wean in 15 stories so someone was there with Rosie. Which I think is fair enough !! Toddler and a newborn and your husband is away call in the aunties !! But it's the way they are portraying some having two under two is a walk in the park which either gives false expectations to those who havent been there yet or makes the ones who are feel crap !

Also the Wean in 15 account is updated a lot less when he is not there which again is very realistic !

For most people their partner is not there at home 5 days out of 7 so these days that we don't see updates or when everyone is knackered is most people's normality !!

Reactions: 4
I feel like he is trying to push soooo much that him and Rosie want to make time for themselves that they are actually having trouble. When you have a newborn esp 4 weeks all you are doing together is surviving through the night feeds lack of sleep etc. Esp with a 2 year old.
Not worrying about a night a way as you need to spend time together.

It’s so rediculous I have a 4 month old. Not that I don’t wanna spend A night away with my husband. But it’s just not my priority. I know everyone’s different. But surly after 4 weeks you don’t need to book a hotel as you haven’t had tome together 🙄🙄🙄🙄
I think so as well.
But they deserve it after being so unrealistic about having a second and implying they would have loads of kids, like it’s so easy!
It baffles me that they don’t have more help - it’s not like he’s short of a few £ is it! I can only assume it’s because that doesn’t fit with his earth dad regime!

Why is he just sharing photos of him with the kids!? Surely the wife would have been involved? It’s always about him 🤷🏼‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.