The best advice you’ve ever received.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1. Copy your kitty: Learn to do stretching exercises when you wake up. It boosts circulation and digestion, and eases back pain.

2. Don’t skip breakfast. Studies show that eating a proper breakfast is one of the most positive things you can do if you are trying to lose weight. Breakfast skippers tend to gain weight. A balanced breakfast includes fresh fruit or fruit juice, a high-fibre breakfast cereal, low-fat milk or yoghurt, wholewheat toast, and a boiled egg.

3. Brush up on hygiene. Many people don't know how to brush their teeth properly. Improper brushing can cause as much damage to the teeth and gums as not brushing at all.

4. Neurobics for your mind. Get your brain fizzing with energy. American researchers coined the term ‘neurobics’ for tasks which activate the brain's own biochemical pathways and to bring new pathways online that can help to strengthen or preserve brain circuits.

Brush your teeth with your ‘other’ hand, take a new route to work or choose your clothes based on sense of touch rather than sight. People with mental agility tend to have lower rates of Alzheimer's disease and age-related mental decline.

5. Get what you give! Always giving and never taking? This is the short road to compassion fatigue. Give to yourself and receive from others,
otherwise you’ll get to a point where you have nothing left to give. And hey, if you can’t receive from others, how can you expect them to receive from you.

I came across this a while back, what would you add to it?
Or what advice would you give yourself when it comes to health, parenting, lifestyle, skin.....
or just adulting in general?
🤷‍♀️

Respond, don’t React.
Think before you respond to something or someone, let go of anger, calm the duck down.
wait until you’re 10000000% sure what you’re saying isn’t out of anger or pain,
and the reply with a clear head.
I never do it but it’s good advice 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
You do you and don’t worry about others

Seems a bit ironic writing that on a forum like this

Reactions: 8
The best advice I’ve ever received was by way of an audio book many moons ago and that’s feel the fear and do it anyway!

The best advice I feel I give is if you’re in a position to change something that’s making you unhappy do it.

Also, If you have no control over the situation then stop wasting energy worrying about it.

Reactions: 7
Buy the best shoes or bed you can afford, if you are not in one, you are in the other.

Never make somebody a priority in your life when you are just an option in theirs.

Reactions: 26
Life isn’t fair.
The sooner you accept that, the easier it is to deal with the tit.
And
You have 2 ears and one mouth for a reason. 🤣
(However, I have ten fingers so posting on tattle doesn’t count 😬)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
In no particular order

Eat the frog: do the task you are least looking forward to first thing in the day so you won’t spend the day dreading it.

What other people think of you is none of your business (so get off Tattle, influencers 😂)

Treat others like you want to be treated

If something is worth doing, it’s worth doing right

Be generous with your time, your care and your money.

Enjoy yourself, it’s later than you think

Reactions: 5

Yel

No one on their death bed wishes they'd worked more.

This reminds me of the sunscreen song, which for the most part has good advice but not the sunscreen. Lots of brands are toxic and the sun in small doses is good. Wear a hat and take shade instead.

You do you and don’t worry about others

Seems a bit ironic writing that on a forum like this
These infuencers are just entertainment, it's far more interesting watching their cockups than watching a soap 🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Alfie Deyes would love this thread!!
Think of the advice and quotes he could put on his gym wall.

Always be prepared to be wrong. And to admit to it 😐 don’t let pride break relationships or friendships
It’s not worth it. 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 8
George Clooney/Three Kings of all things heard it once and it is so true.
The way it works is, you do the thing you're scared shitless of, and you get the courage AFTER you do it, not before you do it.:love:
And as someone above said, if something is worth doing it is worth doing right.
Quality over quantity (it's a work thing):)

That if you’re feeling worried to decide if there is anything you can do and if not to let go of the worry and think of something positive.

What's for you won't pass you.

Those who matter don't mind, those who mind don't matter.

Reactions: 6
Never go to bed on an argument.
Tomorrow is a new day..... designed for new arguments 😎

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
A promise is a comfort to a fool

If a jobs worth doing its worth doing well

Mind your own business. Im a big fan of this one but in the case of I like to know peoples business as im nosy and pass comment on it which is why im on here haha but I don't actively go out of my way to insert myself into dramas that don't concern me.

Drink water its great for the skin and general health

Reactions: 2
Bless and let go. Whatever the situation, make peace with it and release it from your life, saves you dwelling on it. I try to do the five positive points from a negative situation ‘star method’.
Eliminate the negative. If someone/something does not enhance your life in a positive way then give it up. Swap listening to a negative phone call about the same thing from the same person to a positive hobby.
Don’t let someone live in your head rent free. While you are still thinking about what you should have said 2 months ago, they have moved on. They are not bothered.
All of this seems related in a way and I should apply the last one more effectively in my life but I am still not over Meldrum’s Liftgate/JC and Tati/insert recent YT drama here. ;)

Reactions: 2
1. Copy your kitty: Learn to do stretching exercises when you wake up. It boosts circulation and digestion, and eases back pain.

2. Don’t skip breakfast. Studies show that eating a proper breakfast is one of the most positive things you can do if you are trying to lose weight. Breakfast skippers tend to gain weight. A balanced breakfast includes fresh fruit or fruit juice, a high-fibre breakfast cereal, low-fat milk or yoghurt, wholewheat toast, and a boiled egg.

3. Brush up on hygiene. Many people don't know how to brush their teeth properly. Improper brushing can cause as much damage to the teeth and gums as not brushing at all.

4. Neurobics for your mind. Get your brain fizzing with energy. American researchers coined the term ‘neurobics’ for tasks which activate the brain's own biochemical pathways and to bring new pathways online that can help to strengthen or preserve brain circuits.

Brush your teeth with your ‘other’ hand, take a new route to work or choose your clothes based on sense of touch rather than sight. People with mental agility tend to have lower rates of Alzheimer's disease and age-related mental decline.

5. Get what you give! Always giving and never taking? This is the short road to compassion fatigue. Give to yourself and receive from others,
otherwise you’ll get to a point where you have nothing left to give. And hey, if you can’t receive from others, how can you expect them to receive from you.

I came across this a while back, what would you add to it?
Or what advice would you give yourself when it comes to health, parenting, lifestyle, skin.....
or just adulting in general?
🤷‍♀️

Respond, don’t React.
Think before you respond to something or someone, let go of anger, calm the duck down.
wait until you’re 10000000% sure what you’re saying isn’t out of anger or pain,
and the reply with a clear head.
I never do it but it’s good advice 🤷‍♀️
Wow. Loved all of that advice actually!!! I've never really been given advice 🤔

Reactions: 1
🤔 never been given any advice,the advice I’d give to people that know me would be if I’ve done it or doing it you do the opposite the your life will be great 🙄🙄