Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Teal99

Buy the best shoes or bed you can afford, if you are not in one, you are in the other.

Never make somebody a priority in your life when you are just an option in theirs.

Reactions: 26

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
1. Copy your kitty: Learn to do stretching exercises when you wake up. It boosts circulation and digestion, and eases back pain.

2. Don’t skip breakfast. Studies show that eating a proper breakfast is one of the most positive things you can do if you are trying to lose weight. Breakfast skippers tend to gain weight. A balanced breakfast includes fresh fruit or fruit juice, a high-fibre breakfast cereal, low-fat milk or yoghurt, wholewheat toast, and a boiled egg.

3. Brush up on hygiene. Many people don't know how to brush their teeth properly. Improper brushing can cause as much damage to the teeth and gums as not brushing at all.

4. Neurobics for your mind. Get your brain fizzing with energy. American researchers coined the term ‘neurobics’ for tasks which activate the brain's own biochemical pathways and to bring new pathways online that can help to strengthen or preserve brain circuits.

Brush your teeth with your ‘other’ hand, take a new route to work or choose your clothes based on sense of touch rather than sight. People with mental agility tend to have lower rates of Alzheimer's disease and age-related mental decline.

5. Get what you give! Always giving and never taking? This is the short road to compassion fatigue. Give to yourself and receive from others,
otherwise you’ll get to a point where you have nothing left to give. And hey, if you can’t receive from others, how can you expect them to receive from you.

I came across this a while back, what would you add to it?
Or what advice would you give yourself when it comes to health, parenting, lifestyle, skin.....
or just adulting in general?
🤷‍♀️

Respond, don’t React.
Think before you respond to something or someone, let go of anger, calm the fuck down.
wait until you’re 10000000% sure what you’re saying isn’t out of anger or pain,
and the reply with a clear head.
I never do it but it’s good advice 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Life isn’t fair.
The sooner you accept that, the easier it is to deal with the shit.
And
You have 2 ears and one mouth for a reason. 🤣
(However, I have ten fingers so posting on tattle doesn’t count 😬)

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Life. Isn’t. Fair.

Sometimes, quotes are bullllllllshiiiiit
You’re gonna be told “be thankful for your struggles, you learn from them” bla bla bla
“Sometimes you need to break in order to grow” ALL that type of crap.

But it’s not always true. Sometimes when you face crap in life you don’t “learn” from it or “grow” from it.
You just deal with it and make the best of a really shit situation.
Things don’t always work out. In life we’re not guaranteed it will. Not everyone gets a happy ending.
Once you accept that you can get on with the hand you’ve been dealt.

Stay tuned for more positive advice and messages. I’m hoping one day Alfie Deyes plasters my comments on his gym wall.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Snoopsville

You do you and don’t worry about others

Seems a bit ironic writing that on a forum like this

Reactions: 8

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Alfie Deyes would love this thread!!
Think of the advice and quotes he could put on his gym wall.

Always be prepared to be wrong. And to admit to it 😐 don’t let pride break relationships or friendships
It’s not worth it. 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Yel

Chatty Member
No one on their death bed wishes they'd worked more.

This reminds me of the sunscreen song, which for the most part has good advice but not the sunscreen. Lots of brands are toxic and the sun in small doses is good. Wear a hat and take shade instead.

You do you and don’t worry about others

Seems a bit ironic writing that on a forum like this
These infuencers are just entertainment, it's far more interesting watching their cockups than watching a soap 🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7

Itsnotmeitsyou

Chatty Member
The best advice I’ve ever received was by way of an audio book many moons ago and that’s feel the fear and do it anyway!

The best advice I feel I give is if you’re in a position to change something that’s making you unhappy do it.

Also, If you have no control over the situation then stop wasting energy worrying about it.

Reactions: 7

Tilly

VIP Member
When somebody told me "everything happens for a reason" three days after my dad died, I stopped speaking to them.
My mum died on xmas eve someone said to me she’s better of now she had no life being ill,I could have killed them 🤬🤬

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 6

urghwhy

"No." Is a complete sentence. You don't actually have to justify your decisions to anyone.

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
Totally. Add "everything happens for a reason" in response to something awful. No, there's no reason yet another sad or tragic thing happened to this person as opposed to all these people who haven't had a single bad thing happen in their life. It's totally and utterly random and unfair and it doesn't make you a better or even.stronger person to have suffered. I REALLY hate "everything happens for a reason." That's probably the worst piece of advice you could give anyone.
When somebody told me "everything happens for a reason" three days after my dad died, I stopped speaking to them.

• Sad

KateESJ

VIP Member
Ah man that makes me angry to even hear people could say that meaningless crap after a thing that awful. I know my words aren't much better but I'm really sorry to hear you experienced something so tragic - we may be strangers on the Internet but it's always going to be sad to hear things like that so I hope you know it's as genuine as I can be in the circumstances. But I really think telling you it happened for a reason is out of order. I would be so angry if someone told me that about people close to me who have died young. The audacity of it.
thank you so much.
And you wouldn't believe some of the things I've heard. Even my friends and family who know I'm athiest have said things about god and heaven repeatedly when they know I don't believe any of it for a second. He was sick before he died (he had cancer), and even when he was sick people told us that God has a plan for him and it's all happening for a reason. People just don't think about what they say sometimes.

• Sad
Reactions: 5

Ellabella

VIP Member
Say yes to your kids rather than no. As in kid says "can I watch TV/Youtube? etc" rather than saying "no you've got homework to do", say "yes you can as soon as you've done your homework". Obviously doesn't work in every situation but it does work most of the time.

• Heart

Yoghurtpots

VIP Member
Grant me the serenity to accept the things that I can not change, the courage to change what I can change and the wisdom to know the difference.

When one door closes, another door opens. The next chapter of your life will begin. A better chapter.

Focus on the positive and positive attraction (The Secret).

Totally. Add "everything happens for a reason" in response to something awful. No, there's no reason yet another sad or tragic thing happened to this person as opposed to all these people who haven't had a single bad thing happen in their life. It's totally and utterly random and unfair and it doesn't make you a better or even.stronger person to have suffered. I REALLY hate "everything happens for a reason." That's probably the worst piece of advice you could give anyone.
I totally get that, as in if somebody loses a child there is no good whatsoever that can come from that! However, in my life, I have had hardships, lots of them but it really does make me appreciate where I am now and what I have. It makes me a better mum, person, wife, friend, worker etc. As I've experienced a nasty mum, fake friends, shit jobs, shit boyfriends. Obviously there is a scale and like I said somethings are just awful to experience and no good can come of it but I think some bad things that happen to us we should try and seek out the positives from it. To attract better people and situations and be thankful of these things

Last edited:

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
In no particular order

Eat the frog: do the task you are least looking forward to first thing in the day so you won’t spend the day dreading it.

What other people think of you is none of your business (so get off Tattle, influencers 😂)

Treat others like you want to be treated

If something is worth doing, it’s worth doing right

Be generous with your time, your care and your money.

Enjoy yourself, it’s later than you think