The best advice you’ve ever received.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Life. Isn’t. Fair.

Sometimes, quotes are bullllllllshiiiiit
You’re gonna be told “be thankful for your struggles, you learn from them” bla bla bla
“Sometimes you need to break in order to grow” ALL that type of crap.

But it’s not always true. Sometimes when you face crap in life you don’t “learn” from it or “grow” from it.
You just deal with it and make the best of a really tit situation.
Things don’t always work out. In life we’re not guaranteed it will. Not everyone gets a happy ending.
Once you accept that you can get on with the hand you’ve been dealt.

Stay tuned for more positive advice and messages. I’m hoping one day Alfie Deyes plasters my comments on his gym wall.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Live in Joy.

Success is not the amount of medals or statues dedicated to you, but the amount of Joy you feel in any given moment :) That's real success.

Reactions: 1
take the trip
eat the cake
buy the shoes

Envoyé de mon SM-G570F en utilisant Tapatalk

Life. Isn’t. Fair.

Sometimes, quotes are bullllllllshiiiiit
You’re gonna be told “be thankful for your struggles, you learn from them” bla bla bla
“Sometimes you need to break in order to grow” ALL that type of crap.

But it’s not always true. Sometimes when you face crap in life you don’t “learn” from it or “grow” from it.
You just deal with it and make the best of a really tit situation.
Things don’t always work out. In life we’re not guaranteed it will. Not everyone gets a happy ending.
Once you accept that you can get on with the hand you’ve been dealt.

Stay tuned for more positive advice and messages. I’m hoping one day Alfie Deyes plasters my comments on his gym wall.
Totally. Add "everything happens for a reason" in response to something awful. No, there's no reason yet another sad or tragic thing happened to this person as opposed to all these people who haven't had a single bad thing happen in their life. It's totally and utterly random and unfair and it doesn't make you a better or even.stronger person to have suffered. I REALLY hate "everything happens for a reason." That's probably the worst piece of advice you could give anyone.

Reactions: 4
Grant me the serenity to accept the things that I can not change, the courage to change what I can change and the wisdom to know the difference.

When one door closes, another door opens. The next chapter of your life will begin. A better chapter.

Focus on the positive and positive attraction (The Secret).

Totally. Add "everything happens for a reason" in response to something awful. No, there's no reason yet another sad or tragic thing happened to this person as opposed to all these people who haven't had a single bad thing happen in their life. It's totally and utterly random and unfair and it doesn't make you a better or even.stronger person to have suffered. I REALLY hate "everything happens for a reason." That's probably the worst piece of advice you could give anyone.
I totally get that, as in if somebody loses a child there is no good whatsoever that can come from that! However, in my life, I have had hardships, lots of them but it really does make me appreciate where I am now and what I have. It makes me a better mum, person, wife, friend, worker etc. As I've experienced a nasty mum, fake friends, tit jobs, tit boyfriends. Obviously there is a scale and like I said somethings are just awful to experience and no good can come of it but I think some bad things that happen to us we should try and seek out the positives from it. To attract better people and situations and be thankful of these things

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
When somebody told me "everything happens for a reason" three days after my dad died, I stopped speaking to them.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
When somebody told me "everything happens for a reason" three days after my dad died, I stopped speaking to them.
Omg! How can anybody ever say that at that time!! What good can come from that. What a clumsy and hurtful thing to say. I hope you're ok xx

Reactions: 3
My mum died on xmas eve someone said to me she’s better of now she had no life being ill,I could have killed them 🤬🤬

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Work out how important people’s opinion of you matter, if their opinions do matter then make the effort. But also if someone hates you but they aren’t important to you then ignore them, don’t waste energy on irrelevant people and you will have more time/energy to put into the relationships that actually do matter

Reactions: 2
Got told that multiple times after my son died. Hate it so much. And “he’s in a better place now.”

Fuckkk that tit.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Got told that multiple times after my son died. Hate it so much. And “he’s in a better place now.”

Fuckkk that tit.
Ah man that makes me angry to even hear people could say that meaningless crap after a thing that awful. I know my words aren't much better but I'm really sorry to hear you experienced something so tragic - we may be strangers on the Internet but it's always going to be sad to hear things like that so I hope you know it's as genuine as I can be in the circumstances. But I really think telling you it happened for a reason is out of order. I would be so angry if someone told me that about people close to me who have died young. The audacity of it.

Ah man that makes me angry to even hear people could say that meaningless crap after a thing that awful. I know my words aren't much better but I'm really sorry to hear you experienced something so tragic - we may be strangers on the Internet but it's always going to be sad to hear things like that so I hope you know it's as genuine as I can be in the circumstances. But I really think telling you it happened for a reason is out of order. I would be so angry if someone told me that about people close to me who have died young. The audacity of it.
thank you so much.
And you wouldn't believe some of the things I've heard. Even my friends and family who know I'm athiest have said things about god and heaven repeatedly when they know I don't believe any of it for a second. He was sick before he died (he had cancer), and even when he was sick people told us that God has a plan for him and it's all happening for a reason. People just don't think about what they say sometimes.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Lies are always in debt to the truth and the truth always finds a way of redressing the balance.

You cannot change someone’s actions but you can change how you react to it.

Always look at the bigger picture

• Heart
I'll have to come back to this thread but here's a simple piece of advice that I received - always wear sunscreen on your face! Think of it as the 'primer' before you do your makeup or just wear it by itself after your moisturizer.

I see so many of these 'influencers' that skip this step and it drives me nuts []

Reactions: 2
What do you guys think about Russell Brand turning all life coach? 😂
Cringey or likeable? His new videos seem pretty thought provoking. Of course he's still a little odd, that's just him. I'm glad he got past his addiction issues and is married with a kid etc.

So I wouldn't say this is the best advice I've ever received but I watched this the other day and the way he worded it helped a lot! To paraphrase: "don't be so low in your opinion of yourself that if someone treats you negatively, you think "I'm an a**hole!" Instead, think "this person lives in their own universe looking at reality through the lense of their consciousness". He also said think of it as "the outside world is none of my business, it's not my job to make this person as I would have them be, it's not my job to commodify the world and its populous into stuff I happen to like." Hm! I already knew that if someone mistreats you, it's more to do with their internal struggle than anything you've done, but the way he words it is so thought provoking.

From another video of his: "the way to deal with peoples opinions of you is to let go of trying to control them otherwise you'll morph yourself into some horrible hybrid of what you think other people think you should be and you will lose your connection to the truth of who you are". Already knew this as well, thought it was really well said.

Last edited:
Treat others how you would want to be treated yourself.

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!

Don't compare yourself to other people or your life to theirs.

Don't answer or make decisions when you are angry or upset. Wait until the emotion has passed