The best advice you’ve ever received.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't compare yourself to other people. There life might not be a happy and as wonderful as it seems 😊
People only allow you to see what they want you to see.

(Instagram)

Reactions: 2
(I try to follow this one - though not always easy to take your own advice) - Don't keep living a half life and not fully allowing yourself to enjoy it until you are 'thinner' 'have more money to have nicer clothes, makeup' etc.
I look back at photos where at the time I thought I was revolting and think wtaf was I worrying about. But can't for some reason apply that logic to my state of mind now. Something I have to keep working on.

Reactions: 3
1. Worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair - it's fun to do for 10 minutes, but it won't get you anywhere.
2. This too shall pass
3. A life lived in fear, is a life half lived
4. Don't eat yellow snow.

Actions speak louder than words. Watch what people do, don’t listen to what they say.

(When debating sale items) If you liked it that much, you would’ve paid full price for it

Time waits for no one. The time to act is now.

• Heart
My gut feeling has given me the best advice and has never proven me wrong, yet I always ignore it thinking I'm worrying too much or crazy.

My dads pearls of wisdom

always put anything of value in your trouser pocket
Let’s face it-it’s one hell of an emergency if you manage to lose them!

never give a child the spoon-have some control

choose your arguments carefully-if it doesn’t matter in five years,it doesn’t matter now

wise man,my dad lol

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Say yes to your kids rather than no. As in kid says "can I watch TV/Youtube? etc" rather than saying "no you've got homework to do", say "yes you can as soon as you've done your homework". Obviously doesn't work in every situation but it does work most of the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
What’s for you, won’t go by you.

Meaning that usually, if it’s meant to be it will eventually work out in the end. It’s served me well - a reminder that pushing and forcing things to work isn’t always the right way and sometimes you just have to let things happen and fall naturally into place.

• Heart
When I was in my early 20s I'd always agonise over ever having a negative thought about a situation or another person, believing I must be the only one who felt that way - until an old colleague pointed out that "chances are if you're thinking it then others will be too". This advice really boosted my confidence in my own beliefs and helped me stop doubting my judgement so much.

The other best piece of advice I received was from my dad who told me to always remember that there's such thing as a free lunch.

You don't have to attend every fight you're invited to.

Don't make time for people who don't make time for you.

"Too busy is a myth" people make time for what is important to them.

Reactions: 1