The best advice you’ve ever received.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"A person who is nice to you, but is not nice to the waiter, is not a nice person"

"I used to care what people thought about me, until one day I tried to pay my bills with their opinions"

Reactions: 2
Say yes to your kids rather than no. As in kid says "can I watch TV/Youtube? etc" rather than saying "no you've got homework to do", say "yes you can as soon as you've done your homework". Obviously doesn't work in every situation but it does work most of the time.
That’s interesting, I like it. Reminds me of another piece of parenting advice I heard, to not give your kids empty praise to avoid them growing up spoiled or entitled but still making them feel loved and supported. So if they get an A on a test don’t say “you’re so clever” say “see how clever you are to have studied hard for that.” It makes sense.

Reactions: 1
Can I control this? To any situation that leaves me stressed out. Nob pulled out in front of me, can I control it? No. Flip him the bird and carry on with my day. Kids being bullied. Can I control it? To an extent, stay composed and factual.
Has worked to say I used to be 0-100 and very emotional!

Can I control this? To any situation that leaves me stressed out. Nob pulled out in front of me, can I control it? No. Flip him the bird and carry on with my day. Kids being bullied. Can I control it? To an extent, stay composed and factual.
Has worked to say I used to be 0-100 and very emotional!
This is good because I'm like that (0-100) at a particular time of the month. It's like a red mist descends upon me and my parents used to joke that I'm a diva but it wasnt funny for me.

This is good because I'm like that (0-100) at a particular time of the month. It's like a red mist descends upon me and my parents used to joke that I'm a diva but it wasnt funny for me.
have you heard of pmdd @ebayseller ? I had a hysterectomy this year as my temper/ mood swings after my last child were horrific. Diagnosed with pmdd a year after she was born. If you find it hard to deal with there are some fantastic support groups.

wishing you all the best xx

have you heard of pmdd @ebayseller ? I had a hysterectomy this year as my temper/ mood swings after my last child were horrific. Diagnosed with pmdd a year after she was born. If you find it hard to deal with there are some fantastic support groups.

Yes, thank you I recently found out about it on here and now everything makes complete sense! It's definitely better knowing 'why' as I can brace myself for it. I hope you're ok after your hysterectomy that's a big op! ❤

Yes, thank you I recently found out about it on here and now everything makes complete sense! It's definitely better knowing 'why' as I can brace myself for it. I hope you're ok after your hysterectomy that's a big op! ❤
It was life changing for the best. Cry occasionally when I torture myself with OBEM, but it’s nice being aware of things and feeling p***ed off without it ending with suicidal thoughts. Knowledge is power, you’re on the right track lovely xxx

i prefer the ‘good luck bad luck who knows’ saying to ‘everything happens for a reason’. its kinda explained here.

also, you are not a slave to the past. the present moment is more like a ship sailing and the past being it’s wake, than the wake driving the ship. the past ceased to exist as soon as it happened, you are the captain of this ship. so experience it and navigate from the reality of now.

also listen to alan watts haha

Remember to breathe.

Quite often when we’re overwhelmed we don’t breath. Taking a deep breath and resetting your rhythm can really help calm you down.

Also, you already know the answer to hue own question. This was told to me by my therapist. She said her job was just to help me get there.

I have just read up on pmdd from seeing this post and honestly feel like that could be me. My moods are horrendous in the weeks leading up to my time of the month. They were nowhere near this bad before my second child.

Don't worry about people looking at you and judging, they are too busy watching themselves