The Beckhams #9 Vicky broke her ankle, 'Look how sexy David is' No Thank You!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've met the family several times through work - always found David to be friendly and the kids are lovely too. Victoria stand off ish, but not unpleasant.
The Goop podcast was pretty terrible. She just can't open up, everything feels so insincere and slightly defensive. I feel that podcast was a great opportunity for her to show some personality as if you can't be a little bit extra with Paltrow, who can you be extra with? She also didn't sound particularly knowledgable about the make up, but then again, it feels like she just wanted to dodge questions or answer them with the least substance possible.
Every time she speaks it is so scripted and insincere. I miss the Posh of old.

I’d love her to go on Elizabeth Day’s “How to Fail” podcast. She has had Mel B, Mel C AND Geri on there and frequently says it’s be her dream to have all 5 Spice Girls on the podcast. It’d be a great opportunity for Victoria to share a more vulnerable, human side, but I can’t see her ever doing it, and even if she did it’d probably be very beige and boring.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11

I’d love her to go on Elizabeth Day’s “How to Fail” podcast. She has had Mel B, Mel C AND Geri on there and frequently says it’s be her dream to have all 5 Spice Girls on the podcast. It’d be a great opportunity for Victoria to share a more vulnerable, human side, but I can’t see her ever doing it, and even if she did it’d probably be very beige and boring.
She reminds me of a woman who is friends with my aunt in law, her husband cheated on her and she ‘forgave’ him but not really because she turned into a stepford wife basically, always looks perfect, cooks, cleans, bakes etc because she thinks then a) he won’t do it again b) no one will ever be able to say anything like ‘no wonder he cheated on her’ or ‘I don’t blame him’ etc because she’s ‘perfect’ so if he cheats no one can say it’s her ‘fault’.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
She reminds me of a woman who is friends with my aunt in law, her husband cheated on her and she ‘forgave’ him but not really because she turned into a stepford wife basically, always looks perfect, cooks, cleans, bakes etc because she thinks then a) he won’t do it again b) no one will ever be able to say anything like ‘no wonder he cheated on her’ or ‘I don’t blame him’ etc because she’s ‘perfect’ so if he cheats no one can say it’s her ‘fault’.
What a sad existence.
---
Me too! Even though she came across well on the Netflix show, it was so rehearsed. The bit about the Rolls Royce and the dancing....all staged and rehearsed.

Reactions: 16
What a sad existence.
---

Me too! Even though she came across well on the Netflix show, it was so rehearsed. The bit about the Rolls Royce and the dancing....all staged and rehearsed.
Noooo way, you think?

Considering everything they do is stage-managed and choreographed, like the Royals, you'd have to be pretty native to think otherwise

Reactions: 10
I haven't seen the doc but have seen the Rolls clip and all I can say is I hope to god that wasn't planned because there's a really nasty undercurrent to it. Its mean spirited.

Reactions: 14
I haven't seen the doc but have seen the Rolls clip and all I can say is I hope to god that wasn't planned because there's a really nasty undercurrent to it. Its mean spirited.
Glad I’m not the only one who thinks this. Hate the way the media have made out it’s a “hilarious” clip. All I see is him talking down to her, being patronising and interrupting her when she speaks, making out she’s lying and generally being very condescending towards her.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I agree but in true Beckham style they managed to brush it aside and monetise it.
Within days she was sporting a t shirt about her dad driving a RR and then a few month later Uber Eats pays them trillions to do something similar for the Super Bowl ads.
If they fell in poo they’d come out smelling of roses. I just don’t get it. They appear to have the big guns suckered in but not us mere mortals.
What’s that saying about fooling people most of the time?
I don’t dislike them but I often wonder when their time is up. They must truly be pinching themselves every single day that they’ve managed to steal a living, after the football and singing, on image and PR alone and not a great deal else. They don’t just fade away.
You have to take your hat off to them in that respect.

Reactions: 18
I think we've become so used to celebrities breaking up that we kid ourselves that a long marriage like the Beckhams must be a happy one. They play the game well, they say supportive things to each other on social media, they are seen together regularly and that's enough to satisfy those who have bought into the image of the perfect couple. They are quite unique in that respect. I think they saw with the Rebecca Loos story that they were vulnerable so they have closed ranks and controlled their public persona very carefully and its working so far.

I think we've become so used to celebrities breaking up that we kid ourselves that a long marriage like the Beckhams must be a happy one. They play the game well, they say supportive things to each other on social media, they are seen together regularly and that's enough to satisfy those who have bought into the image of the perfect couple. They are quite unique in that respect. I think they saw with the Rebecca Loos story that they were vulnerable so they have closed ranks and controlled their public persona very carefully and its working so far.
My parents were married for 50 years…50 miserable years.
My mother liked the nice house, the income. But a useless wife and mother.
My father stuck to his marriage vows because that’s how he was brought up but deserved better.
A long marriage is not always a happy one.
And it can be hell for the children.

Victoria is not happy. Even after divorce she would still be rich. She could have a great life
Derek would be hanging round with a groupie on his arm.

Reactions: 27
My parents were married for 50 years…50 miserable years.
My mother liked the nice house, the income. But a useless wife and mother.
My father stuck to his marriage vows because that’s how he was brought up but deserved better.
A long marriage is not always a happy one.
And it can be hell for the children.

Victoria is not happy. Even after divorce she would still be rich. She could have a great life
You're exactly right. My parents stayed together until the bitter end and although I think they had a love for each other they weren't in love any more and we as their kids knew it. There's an atmosphere that's hard to explain.

• Sad
Victoria couldn't be alone. The family brand is too important to her. Her kids are basically grown up apart from Harper who is a daddy's girl and who, as a female, will mature quicker than her brothers anyway and not need her mum that much. Couple this with menopause and her decades long eating disorder and VB will be simply bereft on her own.

David's always (aside from a specific period) had a lot of public good will and would be fine without her, especially as the kids are so close to him and would probably side with him anyway.

Reactions: 6
Victoria couldn't be alone. The family brand is too important to her. Her kids are basically grown up apart from Harper who is a daddy's girl and who, as a female, will mature quicker than her brothers anyway and not need her mum that much. Couple this with menopause and her decades long eating disorder and VB will be simply bereft on her own.

David's always (aside from a specific period) had a lot of public good will and would be fine without her, especially as the kids are so close to him and would probably side with him anyway.
She couldn't bare to see him with anyone if they divorced.

Reactions: 9
She couldn't bare to see him with anyone if they divorced.

I feel like he'd still keep his relationships private, even if he was single. He's beyond the need to remarry or have more kids. Pretty sure he would find himself a discrete, curvy, blonde girl who stays out of the public eye.

Reactions: 4
I feel like he'd still keep his relationships private, even if he was single. He's beyond the need to remarry or have more kids. Pretty sure he would find himself a discrete, curvy, blonde girl who stays out of the public eye.
He has a huge ego though, I think he'd be flaunting his upgrade.

Reactions: 12
tbf he probably already has that, she is too obsessed with him to let him go, and would allow him to do anything if it meant keeping up the happy family persona.

• Heart
Reactions: 9