The Beatles

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He looks totally miserable in the video IMHO, like he doesn't want to be there. But I'm not overly keen on the video. Why so much of the string players? Why not just concentrate on the legacy of the greatest band of all time?

I agree the production is odd. But then I'm no fan of Giles Martin's tinkering. I'm afraid I'm a bit of a purist and I like the original recordings with all their flaws and technical constraints.

And why did they leave out the large portion of the demo where John sings in falsetto?
I thought it odd too. Although the blending of footage is seamless. But there are so many shots of John just arsing about. Are they trying to downplay his controversial legacy? I think Ringo dresses for comfort these days. He had some amazing suits and shirts in the 60s/70s. I've listened to the song a couple more times. John's verses are stuck in my head now. I think his parts, George's guitar and the coda are the best parts. The orchestra still dominates the song far too much. Is it being used to hide any poor quality parts or bridge any gaps? I think a more acoustic or pared back sound would have worked better. Something along the lines of Baby's In Black or No Reply.
---
I don’t like the use of AI to reinvent music / images. I am probably ridiculously traditional, but prefer to see everything as it happened on the day.

I love both the Beatles and Abba, but I don’t enjoy seeing AI versions of them. Both were not around for long - but they produced enough great music in the short time that they were together.
I feel similar. I prefer the organic, real versions of things. There's too many layers and interference. The authenticity and original magic then gets lost amongst the noise.

I saw this on FB and thought it apt. And it also reminds me that I'm put off the Stones new single because the autotune on Mick's voice is glaringly obvious and makes him sound monotone and robotic. I do love music honest! Just the real voices please.
FB_IMG_1699102735936.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Has anyone seen the official video yet? It’s a good song but I can’t take Ringo seriously in his tracksuit looks out of place lol

it’s sad as it’s their final song ever.
I did laugh abit at Ringo. It's like he was rocking out to a completely different song

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just seen the video at the end of the Beatles and the BBC and found it moving, but agree with the oddness of the clips of John arsing about. Still enjoyed it massively though and couldn't take my eyes off it.

Then followed by Sounds of Liverpool at the BBC. Perfection.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Just seen the video at the end of the Beatles and the BBC and found it moving, but agree with the oddness of the clips of John arsing about. Still enjoyed it massively though and couldn't take my eyes off it.

I loved the Sgt. Peppers outfits. John in front of the orchestra I didn’t like that bit at all.

I just listened to the original demo for the first time. It sounds like a lot of the verses were actually cut for the 2023 version. The original sounds quite raw and emotional, even vulnerable. The 2023 version is like Phil Spector did it. I think they should have recorded some closer to the original and retained all of the lyrics. Add some nice acoustic guitar by George, with subtle bass and drums. Subtle vocals from Paul too. I can't tell if there are George vocals on the new version.

Reactions: 4

well if there's one thing I learned from the Get Back documentary it's that John Lennon was a massive goofball.

well if there's one thing I learned from the Get Back documentary it's that John Lennon was a massive goofball.
He did act the clown a lot, possibly to mask his own pain? I'm not sure. Some of it was cruel though, especially mocking the paraplegic children that attended the shows. But even children of the 90s would throw around terms like "s**z' and 'm***o' which just shows that attitudes hasn't really moved forward. I feel very sorry for child John, he had so much trauma. But then as an adult he could behave in such a terrible way. And then produce such wonderful music. A very complex man.

• Heart
I'm probably never getting a tattoo but if I did it would say "the movement you need is on your shoulder"

Even if it was a bit of nonsense.

Ah right! I didn’t know that!
Do you see the other image?
The Lennon image yes, but that is the only one I see (layered with the train station image).
I’m now trying to recognise the station - but then that is probably layered / blended with other images so not really identifiable.

lol there have been hundreds of these squinty blendy images in recent months.

that is a good one though.

I would guess somewhere in France from the colours of the signage, but impossible to tell when it's so deliberately blurry.

Reactions: 2
lol there have been hundreds of these squinty blendy images in recent months.

that is a good one though.

I would guess somewhere in France from the colours of the signage, but impossible to tell when it's so deliberately blurry.
Yes it does look like the main body of the train station pic is not UK. Looks like all sorts of bits and bobs blended in to the original photo.
Its a clever bit of photo trickery. It’s also an examples of how the good old internet spreads misinformation - it’s all over Twitter that it’s Lime St Station (Liverpool) with most folk believing this.

Anyone else think it’s going to be mega strange when there’s no Paul or Ringo.
It really will be so strange, especially, I think, when Paul goes, he seems quite immortal now. 😄 I still feel a deep sadness over John (I was 9 when he died) and I’ve never quite wrapped my mind around George being gone and that was over twenty years ago. 😯 It will just be an enormous era-ender for all time. The music and all they accomplished and said will carry on but it’ll be very strange that none of them are around to talk about it anymore. I suppose they said everything they could and Paul in particular has never tired of telling the stories. Very smart of him to put out as much as possible regards his lyrics etc., and to keep playing live, Ringo, too. So ironic that Ringo was so ill when he was young and he’s made it to his 80s.

I've really enjoyed being able to watch them again in the Anthology series and Get Back as an older person, to reacquaint myself with them as people and even recognise their foibles and naivety. But also their pure energy and inventiveness. Paul really kept them going but the others had to agree. I find it charming that once in the studio setting, John would really lock in, at least for a time. He was a great guitarist.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm kind of hoping Ringo will be the last Beatle as he wasn't expected to live as a child. Although he has already outlived all of his paediatricians predictions. He and Paul are really fit despite previous substance abuse. I'm sure they both do yoga and eat veggie which helps. Of course being rich enough to afford top doctors helps too. It will be weird though, whenever we get to the time that there isn't a living Beatle. I think the world will go into mourning as crazy as that sounds. Globally the Beatles have a lot of fans, especially in South America and Russia.

• Heart