The Beatles

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Theirs going to be four films about each one of The Beatles!


There were lots of jokes on social media about how Ringo’s will have the lowest ticket sales, but I could see the Ringo film picking up a kind of “he’s just Ken“ momentum and being a surprise hit.
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Thanks to the Eggpod (really really very good podcast) I'm digging into The Beatles First US visit documentary from 1991, watching that in bursts then listening to the relevant eggpod bit is really interesting and satisfying. Yes I am a Beatles 🤓 but I try to keep on a lid on it when out in the wild!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
Theirs going to be four films about each one of The Beatles!


There were lots of jokes on social media about how Ringo’s will have the lowest ticket sales, but I could see the Ringo film picking up a kind of “he’s just Ken“ momentum and being a surprise hit.
Exciting news but given the films are being approved by the various estates my concern is that they will be a sanitised version of events rather than a deep dive.

That said, it's an interesting concept to look at what happened from their very different points of view.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: 6
Theirs going to be four films about each one of The Beatles!


There were lots of jokes on social media about how Ringo’s will have the lowest ticket sales, but I could see the Ringo film picking up a kind of “he’s just Ken“ momentum and being a surprise hit.
He is very loved in the US, its the UK that seem to have gone off him.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
I'm quite fond of Ringo but I think he criticised his upbringing in Liverpool at one point which is why he isn't so popular there these days. He grew up in the Dingle which was incredibly impoverished at the time, iirc that was the context for his criticism. His father walked out on him leaving his poor mum to cope alone. And Ringo was so ill as a child, more than once his mum was warned he might not make it. He didn't have it easy and it's fair enough to say, if you came from a rit hole, that you didn't like it. I grew up in a shithole and I wouldn't hesitate to criticise it. Of course there might be more to it than that, I can't remember now. Also, it's interesting that Ringo's maternal great grandfather came Shetland. The Beatles we mostly of Irish heritage although John also had Scottish relatives.

 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
Anyone else listening to the McCartney A Life in Lyrics podcast? The most recent episode for The End kept making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, I've really enjoyed the 2 series and there has been some actual new bits of info I think
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
What does anyone think of the new James McCartney single, written by Sean Lennon? It's alright but he sounds so much like his dad which threw me.
Also, the Let It Be film is finally getting an official release since 1970. I read that people who saw it at the time got up and clapped in the cinema at the end of the film.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
What does anyone think of the new James McCartney single, written by Sean Lennon? It's alright but he sounds so much like his dad which threw me.
Also, the Let It Be film is finally getting an official release since 1970. I read that people who saw it at the time got up and clapped in the cinema at the end of the film.

ooooh i'[ve not heard it, thats passed me by, I'll look it up thanks!
 
What does anyone think of the new James McCartney single, written by Sean Lennon? It's alright but he sounds so much like his dad which threw me.
Also, the Let It Be film is finally getting an official release since 1970. I read that people who saw it at the time got up and clapped in the cinema at the end of the film.
Actually not bad at all.. I think lyrics and composition are ok!! I actually came on to ask the same question!!
 
Let It Be has been brightened and cleaned up and is on Disney+ , I've never seen it before so I was a bit apprehensive but it's wonderful. I love Get Back but to rewatch the full thing is quite the commitment so Let It Be scratches that itch, it is it's own film, lots of music and 69 Macca is such a dish, I've had a lovely afternoon watching that!
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Bagged my McCartney tickets this morning, saying I'm going to see an actual Beatle play live feels mad! Bloody love McCartney, I am going to lose my mind!
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 8
Bagged my McCartney tickets this morning, saying I'm going to see an actual Beatle play live feels mad! Bloody love McCartney, I am going to lose my mind!
Yes I got mine too. I've been lucky enough to see Paul, George and Ringo live many times over the years but this one feels especially emotional as it might be the last massive tour Paul does.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
Yes I got mine too. I've been lucky enough to see Paul, George and Ringo live many times over the years but this one feels especially emotional as it might be the last massive tour Paul does.
Not seen him or any of the others, knowing this is likely his last big tour I had to do it, maxed out the credit card, up at 5am like it was Christmas morning!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
Bagged my McCartney tickets this morning, saying I'm going to see an actual Beatle play live feels mad! Bloody love McCartney, I am going to lose my mind!
Me too! So excited, I’ve only got into the Beatles and Paul’s music this year, can’t believe I’ve been missing out for so long! Very very excited to see him tour and feeling very lucky
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
I've seen Paul live twice and it's incredible. Just to be in the presence of greatness and to be part of a crowd singing those songs is so special. Enjoy it :love:
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Mine were 180 each, I gulped at the price but then I realised I'm going to be seeing an actual Beatle! Paul McCartney is a very significant part of my life 😆
Mother of God!

Hmm I'll have to have a ponder at this one LOL. Thing is it would be in the Manchester Co-op I'd see him and it's 23k capacity - he'd be a dot.